ImageImageImageImage

Carter at 3,Lewis at 4 and Pietrus at 2 - Source

Moderators: ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami

dsg2021
Analyst
And1: 1,050

Re: Carter at 3,Lewis at 4 and Pietrus at 2 - Source 

Post#21 » by dsg2021 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:05 pm

I dont know how legit this info. is from the writer Austin, but consider this.. He called the trade almost dead-on some months before. Thats really rare, a sports journalist actually getting a trade idea right. I havent read him or the site before, but I think I am going to now..

http://dimemag.com/2009/04/the-trade-th ... mpionship/

And someone ought to make it a whole thread of its own, because what Austin wrote about why Magic need a VC is dead on IMO.
dsg2021
Analyst

Post#22 » by dsg2021 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:14 pm

The Effect wrote:Would that make JJ our top backup 2?
If so i dont like this idea AT ALL

I still dont get why we arent moving Lewis to 3 and starting bass at 4

No one is going to beat BOS's or LAL's frontline. Magic need to play the style that got them to the Finals. JJ is still buried for all you JJ haters. And I know the experience and improvements from the team will put them over the top finally.
The mins distribution would be Dwight, VC, Nelson, Lewis, MP, Bass, Barnes, Gortat, JJ. Same style, except VC can be a go to guy also instead of launching 3's or passes as the only crunch time options Magic had last season.
sChOlaRlY_Magi
Sixth Man
And1: 344

Post#23 » by sChOlaRlY_Magi » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:49 pm

It's funny I started a new season of 2k9 with the updated roster and let the computer set up rotations...

It put Anderson as the starting PF! Lineup looks like this -
JN
VC
RL
RA
DH

I know it's not real life or anything, but just how good is this Anderson guy? I figured he would be a Pine rider with Bass and Lewis in front of him...

Who knows I guess.
Bay_Areas_Finest
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#24 » by Bay_Areas_Finest » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:18 am

I want

Nelson
Carter
Lewis
Bass
Howard

That's our best group. I dont want Ryan Anderson getting buried on the bench, which I think would happen in a situation where its Carter/Lewis at the 3/4.

Plus I really like Bass alongside Dwight.
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,197

Post#25 » by rcklsscognition » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:19 am

Anderson does automatically get put into 2k9's roster as the starter because he barely edges out Bass in ratings. I have sim'd 15 franchises with our new players and this is what happens most of the time:

Anderson becomes a high 80's player before his rookie contract expires and then is rated higher than Rashard lewis after the 1st season of his new contract.

Bass makes it above an 80 rating only 2 times out of the 15 sims.

Barnes leaves the team after his first year because of a lack of playing time, every time.

Vince is amazing and worth re-signing every sim.

I certainly hope we give Anderson a chunk of minutes during the Rashard suspension, he is supposed to be the next coming of Rashard Lewis so I hope it's sooner than later and we can wrap him up long term.
hawkcobra2003
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#26 » by hawkcobra2003 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:52 am

sChOlaRlY_Magi wrote:It's funny I started a new season of 2k9 with the updated roster and let the computer set up rotations...

It put Anderson as the starting PF! Lineup looks like this -
JN
VC
RL
RA
DH

I know it's not real life or anything, but just how good is this Anderson guy? I figured he would be a Pine rider with Bass and Lewis in front of him...

Who knows I guess.

I am in the minority. I want Bass/Gortat always playing together. I like the Anderson/Howard combination with Shard at the three. There will always be a big on the floor that knows the rotation for the D, plus the new guys have a chance to get used to Stan's system. With Shard out the first 10, Peitrus starts at the three, but goes to sixth man once Shard finishes his suspension.
Technically, all the pg's know Stan's system,(although Jason will need the crashers update course.) I also see JJ getting alot of playing time at first since he knows the system as well. The first 10 will be under fire so to speak, the guys that have been here, probably will get the most minutes to begin with, Vince not included in that thought process. I see Vince on the floor when Jameer takes a break with the backups. I could also see JJ coming in at point in the first ten games because he knows the system as well. I think the starters will see heavy minutes in the first ten games most likely anyway.
Brian_Cook_Fan
Junior

Post#27 » by Brian_Cook_Fan » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:40 am

Superman
Hammer
Sweet Lou
Vinceanity
Mighty Mouse

unstoppable
2010-2011 NBA Champion Starting Lineup
Mighty Mouse, Agent Zero, SUPER-GLU, B-Bass, SUPERMAN

Hey Otis: Bring Back the Cookie Monster!!!
christian72589
Banned User

Post#28 » by christian72589 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:19 am

lol didn't training camp JUST start?

How would anyone know what the S5 is now?
SpaceCoastGator
Junior

Post#29 » by SpaceCoastGator » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:53 am

RookieStar wrote:haha it's just funny. we magic fans have been preaching to the rest that we're finally going to start a traditional lineup and here comes SVG going hybrid again. oh well, he gets paid the big bucks to decide and whatever works right?

Yeah...and oh, there's the fact that we have tremendous success with the hyrid line up...it is stunning that Stan is not listening to 'preaching fans'.
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,257

Post#30 » by J-Mezzy » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:14 am

I really don't care about who starts as long as Stan is able to make the right in game adjustments. Use all of our tools when needed and not be stubborn and stick to the hybrid line up.

Against teams like Boston and L.A, we need to have Bass log some serious minutes. Versus Clev, we can get Anderson some minutes. We have a real deep team, we have to use our weapons. I do want Peaches as our 6th man. He was a beauty on that role
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#31 » by NEM » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:36 am

pietrus is far more effective off the bench...i hope this isnt true
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
MagicBasketba11
Rookie

Post#32 » by MagicBasketba11 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:49 am

Nemesis21 wrote::nonono:

best starting line up for us is;

Nelson
Vince
Rashard
Brandon
Dwight

I know, I sound like a broken record.

+1

But no matter what the starting lineup is, it'll still be nice to have the option to go traditional this year to match up with teams like the Celtics and Lakers.
Twitter: NickTheQuick224
legofactory
Junior

Post#33 » by legofactory » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:59 am

Unless JJ really improves in the offseason we need Shard at the 3 so Anderson can get minutes.

If you go big JJ is the odd man out if you go small Anderson is the odd man out.
papfankon
Pro Prospect
And1: 61

Post#34 » by papfankon » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:48 am

#

April 14th, 2009 at 10:25 am

Junio says:

Austin Burton, usually writing crap.

No wonders why dime is searching for new blood on the writing team.

LOL at this guy commenting on burton's prediction... :lol:
Hilltop
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 731

Post#35 » by Hilltop » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:48 am

x- wrote:Did you guys even read the article? No quotes, no nothing. Pure speculation.

Breaking News: RDV unwilling to spend for new PF v2

I remember how overboard that thread went. It was kinda like the end of the world, Orlando Magic edition. :lol:
Hilltop
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 731

Post#36 » by Hilltop » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:50 am

J-Mezzy wrote:I really don't care about who starts as long as Stan is able to make the right in game adjustments. Use all of our tools when needed and not be stubborn and stick to the hybrid line up.

Against teams like Boston and L.A, we need to have Bass log some serious minutes. Versus Clev, we can get Anderson some minutes. We have a real deep team, we have to use our weapons. I do want Peaches as our 6th man. He was a beauty on that role

Whatever works. I'm sure SVG will have the discretion to adjust our style of play depending on what the situation calls for. I do agree with Pietrus coming off the bench though.

He's really flourished in that role, and I don't really like the idea of him getting to much wear and tear during the season. He's almost always guaranteed to miss some game-time after all.
dsg2021
Analyst

Post#37 » by dsg2021 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:39 am

Guys, The Magic shouldnt play the team style so X player gets Y minutes. Whenever I see that I get ticked. Its whatever style is best for the TEAM. Im glad to see Bass/Anderson PF rotation first 10 games, but after that its going to be whats BEST for the team. So I really want to hear why some of y'all think Anderson or Bass should so or so be the starter PF for the team. Anderson's style is a match made in heaven with the Magic ways, but there's abit too much youth, inexperience, and Im not smitten with the defense and rebounding. So that'll leave Bass who is more developed and NBA experienced (Mavs playoffs games too), much tougher and a decent rebounder. The offense is not spacing out anymore, esp to the 3pt line, so Bass is going to have to blow me away in first 10 on both offense and defense, and then see how it looks with Lewis back in lineup, then if that still blows me away with how well the Magic are playing, then we may really have go traditional (and maybe only semi traditional if Bass can play deep mid range J's aloot)
kirbs
Banned User

Post#38 » by kirbs » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:44 am

I'm a Raptors fan, and die-hard Vince fan, so I'll obviously start following you guys more now (though I was following you and cheering for you in the playoffs last year). Anyways, from an occassional Magic viewer's perspective, I'm under the impression that your success the last two seasons is largely due to a starting lineup of Howard, plus 4 guys who could all shoot the three. If that's what your success is largely predicated on, than it makes sense to have Rashard at the 4, and either Pietrus or Barnes in the starting lineup, rather than Bass starting at the 4.

Maybe I'm wrong though.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,031

Post#39 » by drsd » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:58 am

Well, Pietrus and Carter are both combo-wings. They would rotate frequently on offense. On defense, they would guard the respective matchups, without regard to a 2 vs. 3 designation.

If Barnes starts, this is still the same. Pietrus would float to rotate out either.

Basically, the Magic have three guys to play 2 positions. And all three will log similar minutes.

(If Bass doesn't start).

The Effect wrote:Would that make JJ our top backup 2?

Jonathan Clay will struggle to get minutes yet again. He basically needs an injury to get more than situational minutes.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,031

Post#40 » by drsd » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:59 am

J-Mezzy wrote:I really don't care about who starts as long as Stan is able to make the right in game adjustments. Use all of our tools when needed and not be stubborn and stick to the hybrid line up.

This season, Stan-the-Man needs to manage egos more than assess X's-O's.

Return to Orlando Magic