ImageImageImageImage

Carter at 3,Lewis at 4 and Pietrus at 2 - Source

Moderators: ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami

Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,559

Re: Carter at 3,Lewis at 4 and Pietrus at 2 - Source 

Post#41 » by Bensational » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:33 am

the hybrid lineup got us to the Finals, so i'm happy to stick with that until we get in game proof that the "traditional" lineup is all the more better.

in the end, i just want whatever 5 on the court that will win us ball games. if that somehow means JJ and AJ need to log serious minutes, then so be it. i just want wins and 'ships.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#42 » by BassMaster » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:34 am

dsg2021 wrote:Guys, The Magic shouldnt play the team style so X player gets Y minutes. Whenever I see that I get ticked. Its whatever style is best for the TEAM. Im glad to see Bass/Anderson PF rotation first 10 games, but after that its going to be whats BEST for the team. So I really want to hear why some of y'all think Anderson or Bass should so or so be the starter PF for the team. Anderson's style is a match made in heaven with the Magic ways, but there's abit too much youth, inexperience, and Im not smitten with the defense and rebounding. So that'll leave Bass who is more developed and NBA experienced (Mavs playoffs games too), much tougher and a decent rebounder. The offense is not spacing out anymore, esp to the 3pt line, so Bass is going to have to blow me away in first 10 on both offense and defense, and then see how it looks with Lewis back in lineup, then if that still blows me away with how well the Magic are playing, then we may really have go traditional (and maybe only semi traditional if Bass can play deep mid range J's aloot)

Does this blogger from DimeMag get it NO. Do some here get it NO.

The only person who chooses who starts and who backups whom is STAN and no one else.

This thread reminds me of so many others where some writer is quoted for what he/she writes about who is going to start for the Magic and where, but none of them got it right.

The one person who got it right was and will always be STAN VAN GUNDY.
TheChaser
Analyst
And1: 492

Post#43 » by TheChaser » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:16 pm

legofactory wrote:Unless JJ really improves in the offseason we need Shard at the 3 so Anderson can get minutes.

If you go big JJ is the odd man out if you go small Anderson is the odd man out.

My thoughts exactly. I like MP off the bench, and also I really want Ryan Anderson to play alot this year and for that to happen, JJ must sit. The good thing about JJ is that he'll always be ready to come in for whatever the job may be. But Anderson really needs to get some playing time to see what kind of player he can eventually be. We already know what JJ is; a dependable role player.
maginno wrote:There is nothing wrong with this team that putting a few unloaded guns in Carter's gym bag will not solve.
dsg2021
Analyst
And1: 1,050

Post#44 » by dsg2021 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:25 pm

BassMaster wrote:
dsg2021 wrote:Guys, The Magic shouldnt play the team style so X player gets Y minutes. Whenever I see that I get ticked. Its whatever style is best for the TEAM. Im glad to see Bass/Anderson PF rotation first 10 games, but after that its going to be whats BEST for the team. So I really want to hear why some of y'all think Anderson or Bass should so or so be the starter PF for the team. Anderson's style is a match made in heaven with the Magic ways, but there's abit too much youth, inexperience, and Im not smitten with the defense and rebounding. So that'll leave Bass who is more developed and NBA experienced (Mavs playoffs games too), much tougher and a decent rebounder. The offense is not spacing out anymore, esp to the 3pt line, so Bass is going to have to blow me away in first 10 on both offense and defense, and then see how it looks with Lewis back in lineup, then if that still blows me away with how well the Magic are playing, then we may really have go traditional (and maybe only semi traditional if Bass can play deep mid range J's aloot)

Does this blogger from DimeMag get it NO. Do some here get it NO.

The only person who chooses who starts and who backups whom is STAN and no one else.

This thread reminds me of so many others where some writer is quoted for what he/she writes about who is going to start for the Magic and where, but none of them got it right.

The one person who got it right was and will always be STAN VAN GUNDY.

Lol, I aint predicting or preaching nothing here.
Chill out.
Im saying its whats best for the team. Not what many of you say, we should play this way because Bass gets more minutes or Ryan etc etc... :lol:
SnuggLes__
Pro Prospect
And1: 3

Post#45 » by SnuggLes__ » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:08 pm

x- wrote:Did you guys even read the article? No quotes, no nothing. Pure speculation.

Breaking News: RDV unwilling to spend for new PF v2

LoL I love that Thread.

SOO MUCH PANIC!
GANGSTERDOG wrote:The chemistry was the best Ive seen in a while surprisingly. Everyone was out there trying to prove something.... well maybe except Duhon
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#46 » by craig01 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:43 pm

drsd wrote:
J-Mezzy wrote:
This season, Stan-the-Man needs to manage egos more than assess X's-O's.

Probably.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
Turbo_Zone
Veteran
And1: 13,042

Post#47 » by Turbo_Zone » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:36 am

Toronto Raptors - Best Team Ever Forever
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 38,063

Post#48 » by SOUL » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:45 am

nooooooooooo
TheChaser
Analyst
And1: 492

Post#49 » by TheChaser » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:40 am

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
maginno wrote:There is nothing wrong with this team that putting a few unloaded guns in Carter's gym bag will not solve.
slamjunkie
Rookie
And1: 16

Post#50 » by slamjunkie » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:41 am

i think the key here would be interchanging our starting fives as to the best mismatch maker or accordingly to the opposing team's weaknesses/strengths. that way, it would be hard for the other teams to prepare against us.
AgEnT50
General Manager
And1: 188

Post#51 » by AgEnT50 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:55 am

Turbo_Zone wrote:Image

Nooooooooooo

oh man. . .I'd cry, if that happened
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#52 » by BassMaster » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:10 pm

This post is as silly as the article this thread is based on. Both showing little chance of ever becoming fact. :roll:
DHoward4Mvp
Starter

Post#53 » by DHoward4Mvp » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:24 pm

Official wrote:You guys think Rashard can guard Pierce?

And want Vince sticking to all the best perimeter scorers in the league? James, Allen, Kobe, Wade...ect.

Yes.. , he wont be any worse then what Hedo did...

LIke others have said, i like Pietrus as the 6th man...
First 10 games...
Nelson
Carter
Barnes
Bass
Howard

Lewis comes back
Nelson
Carter
Barnes
Lewis
Howard
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 4,014

Post#54 » by Last Guardian » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:57 pm

Nelson
Carter
Lewis
Howard
Gortat

Lets just be bigger than everybody else and call it a championship.
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,314

Post#55 » by durden_tyler » Tue Sep 1, 2009 8:14 am

The problem with Pietrus starting is that he needs his shots to get some sort of rhythm offensively because after all he is still an offensive threat...

That said, he won't get those chances with the starters... i feel he should belong to the bench so he can get a semblance of an offensive role when one or two of Lewis, Carter or Howard goes to the bench... Anderson's length is nice at the 3 too so i think he should start (Over Barnes, and Pietrus)
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
fefe22
Senior
And1: 12

Post#56 » by fefe22 » Wed Sep 2, 2009 6:17 am

durden_tyler wrote:The problem with Pietrus starting is that he needs his shots to get some sort of rhythm offensively because after all he is still an offensive threat...

That said, he won't get those chances with the starters... i feel he should belong to the bench so he can get a semblance of an offensive role when one or two of Lewis, Carter or Howard goes to the bench... Anderson's length is nice at the 3 too so i think he should start (Over Barnes, and Pietrus)

First of all, I don't disagree with Pietrus as a 6th man. My choice for the 5th starter spot is Barnes.

On the other hand I don't agree with your reasoning about Pietrus:
If he was on the court with 4 star players, 2 of wich draw constant double teams, but like to pass to the open guy, Pietrus would get plenty of opportunities.

Actually our 5th starter, no matter who it is, will have a very easy job offensively, as he will have basically zero defensive attention on him. (a bit like CLee last season, but even more, since Carter draws a lot more attention than Hedo did)

As for Anderson starting at three over Barnes, I think you clearly didn't watch Anderson play.
He is not a three, and especially not as good of a three as Barnes.
Don't forget that Barnes has nice length as well.
In my mind the question about Anderson is wether he will crack the rotation. Not the starting lineup.
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,314

Post#57 » by durden_tyler » Wed Sep 2, 2009 7:27 pm

i guess we will see. Anderson will have minutes (15-20) because of his energy.
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
Curtis Lemansky
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 250

Post#58 » by Curtis Lemansky » Thu Sep 3, 2009 11:54 am

My prediction for this year's rotation:

Nelson 36/AJ or J-Will 12
Carter 20/Pietrus 28
Carter 14/Barnes 20/Lewis 14
Lewis 21/Bass 20/Anderson 7
Howard 37/Gortat 11

Howard-37
Nelson-36
Lewis-35
Carter-34
Pietrus - 28
Bass - 20
Barnes 20
Gortat 11
AJ or J-Will 12
Anderson 7

I frankly dont see a lot of playing time for Anderson once Lewis comes back. Barring any injuries,he will probably have trouble cracking even double digits minutes even if we assume that Redick is completely left out of rotation. Maybe he can steal 3-4 mpg from Barnes which would push his mpg to 10-11 mpg at best. IMO Anderson will play minimally this season unless Barnes really struggles or a major injury happens to one of the players before him. He can possibly get 20-24 mpg next year if Barnes opts out of his contract next summer.
"I don't step aside, I step up." - Vic Mackey
"My name is my name" - Marlo Stanfield
"If you come at the king, you best not miss" - Omar Little

Formerly known as nostradamus2005
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,197

Post#59 » by rcklsscognition » Thu Sep 3, 2009 1:21 pm

I think SVG will opt for starting as many players with Magic experience as possible, that means Pietrus gets the starting gig.
Hilltop
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 731

Post#60 » by Hilltop » Thu Sep 3, 2009 2:44 pm

The guy on the leftmost is what the guy on the right most would be like, if he reached his full potential.

Return to Orlando Magic