ImageImageImageImage

What is Vince Carter's trade value?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

What is Vince Carter's trade value? 

Post#1 » by Cigamodnalro » Fri Jan 8, 2010 11:17 pm

Could we get, say, Kevin Martin and Beno Udrih for VC and BBass?
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
Visirale
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Re: What is Vince Carter's trade value? 

Post#2 » by Visirale » Fri Jan 8, 2010 11:21 pm

Cigamodnalro wrote:Could we get, say, Kevin Martin and Beno Udrih for VC and BBass?

I doubt it, he's pretty unmovable like Rashard. Expiring too late for anyone in the 2010 sweepstakes, and hasn't done much this season for anyone to justify max contract money for another year.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#3 » by Nemesis21 » Fri Jan 8, 2010 11:21 pm

Who knows really ? :dontknow:

Maybe, if the add 6'11" forward Donte Green

Rumors are the Cavs may bring in Jamison
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,246

Post#4 » by Bensational » Fri Jan 8, 2010 11:22 pm

can Kevin Martin stay healthy?

i've been quietly wondering this lately myself (VC's trade value), particularly looking towards the end of the season. there's just something Otis said straight after acquiring VC, along the lines of "if we won a championship, nobody would be safe then.... the team is always looking to improve" (or in that regard). really makes me feel like VC's life here will be shortlived unless he becomes the missing link between now and season's end.
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#5 » by magicman123 » Fri Jan 8, 2010 11:23 pm

probably his cousin
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,764

Post#6 » by Cammo101 » Fri Jan 8, 2010 11:32 pm

Kecvin Martin will not fix our problems. He would just be another scorer not too different from VC.
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#7 » by Cigamodnalro » Fri Jan 8, 2010 11:34 pm

Cammo101 wrote:Kecvin Martin will not fix our problems. He would just be another scorer not too different from VC.

...except that he makes his jumpshots.
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#8 » by CourtsideTV » Fri Jan 8, 2010 11:38 pm

probably sasha vujacic and adam morrison
Work Hard
ivDT
RealGM
And1: 1,578

Post#9 » by ivDT » Fri Jan 8, 2010 11:42 pm

at best, we might be able to get two moldy cheerios, a chipped nickel and some cat hair. depends on the type of cat, though.
The Magic Man
Banned User

Post#10 » by The Magic Man » Sat Jan 9, 2010 12:01 am

VC could net us a all-star if we package him with younger talent.

Example:
Orlando trade: VC,Pietrus,Bass,1rd
Washington trade: Jamison,Butler
gino_giode
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#11 » by gino_giode » Sat Jan 9, 2010 12:17 am

VC isn't the biggest concern for our recent losses, it's the way he's being used that concerns me. All I've been seeing is ISO plays from the top of the key, PnR drives, some occasional postups if we're able to feed it down low. If we can utilize him better, ie: coming off screens and THEN receiving the ball, we'll be fine. I don't see why we should rape this team's makeup/chemistry to get another chucker. But ATM I would say his value is pretty low considering his shooting woes, I would hate to trade him after the Disneyesque hometown comeback story, best to wait til the deadline.

Btw Washington trade is bad---I'm assuming Butler is slotted in as SG, Shard goes to SF, and AJ goes to PF? Just straight up chuckers there, not to mention we'll get raped on D. And both players aren't exactly injury resiliant either, though it could be the Wiz are cursed :(
The Magic Man
Banned User

Post#12 » by The Magic Man » Sat Jan 9, 2010 12:22 am

gino_giode wrote:VC isn't the biggest concern for our recent losses, it's the way he's being used that concerns me. All I've been seeing is ISO plays from the top of the key, PnR drives, some occasional postups if we're able to feed it down low. If we can utilize him better, ie: coming off screens and THEN receiving the ball, we'll be fine. I don't see why we should rape this team's makeup/chemistry to get another chucker. But ATM I would say his value is pretty low considering his shooting woes, I would hate to trade him after the Disneyesque hometown comeback story, best to wait til the deadline.

Btw Washington trade is bad---I'm assuming Butler is slotted in as SG, Shard goes to SF, and AJ goes to PF? Just straight up chuckers there, not to mention we'll get raped on D. And both players aren't exactly injury resiliant either, though it could be the Wiz are cursed :(

No we bring Jamison off the bench as our 6th man like when he was playing for Dallas.

pg:Nelson,Jwill,AJ
sg:Butler,Redick
sf:Barnes
pf:Lewis,Jamison,Anderson
c:Dwight,Gortat

Trade Anderson for a sf.
gino_giode
Head Coach

Post#13 » by gino_giode » Sat Jan 9, 2010 1:11 am

ummm Jamison is better than Lewis, and no for trading Anderson--he's 21, second season, and will only get better.

Anyways, don't think Vince will go now, especially with the mounting injuries. Plus there's not much available in terms of skill set and experience that will address our needs.
cuad
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#14 » by cuad » Sat Jan 9, 2010 1:39 am

btw as a Kings fan: no he's not worth Kevin Martin.
magicfan4life88
Rookie
And1: 376

Post#15 » by magicfan4life88 » Sat Jan 9, 2010 3:16 am

id hate to let him go but send bass with VC and a filler to phoenix for jared dudley and j.rich , i hear the suns wanna get rid of j. rich, and dudley can actually hit his freakin shots, j.rich slashes to the basket more than carter also, or we can see what itll take to get iguodala, i dnt care if it takes lewis and carter, im sick of them both not playin worth their money and dont let me get started on nelson and howard, howards untouchable but he can play better with consistency, we kno about nelson so i dont care if we lose him either, things need to be freakin done man, SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MAGIC BABY!!!!!!!!!
-Magic-
-Ravens-
-Rays-
magicfan4life88
Rookie

Post#16 » by magicfan4life88 » Sat Jan 9, 2010 3:35 am

we should have beaten atlanta to getting crawford or tried for JR smith despite is legal trouble in the offseason both of those dudes are capable of scoring 30-40 on any given night and can PLAY D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MAGIC BABY!!!!!!!!!
-Magic-
-Ravens-
-Rays-
gino_giode
Head Coach

Post#17 » by gino_giode » Sat Jan 9, 2010 3:39 am

Don't think Phoenix would bite, their style of play is so frenetic that I doubt VC holds up, although their training staff did wonders for Shaq. Is it possible to hire additional training staff during the season? I remember the Trainer of the Year Tim Walsh of the New Jersey Nets working wonders for VC. I think VC is untouchable ATM unless we're accepting a huge downgrade. VC is struggling like crazy, and 2 game-ending injuries in a week are concerning. Though I sympathize with VC's shoulder strain, it really hurts and in no way should you continue playing afterwards; but VC didn't help his image with his weak pain threshold.
BokeyBanga
Ballboy

Post#18 » by BokeyBanga » Sat Jan 9, 2010 3:39 am

They both can also shoot you out of ball games
magicfan4life88
Rookie

Post#19 » by magicfan4life88 » Sat Jan 9, 2010 3:48 am

raja bell if hes healthy, or any 1 that can score and do it consistantly while also being able to play D, shane battier or some 1, honestly i dont see us winning games anytime soon because our D sucks and now we have a scoring problems, we really need to do something and do it fast while we still have time to develop chemistry with new guys before it gets to late in the season
MAGIC BABY!!!!!!!!!
-Magic-
-Ravens-
-Rays-
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#20 » by Nemesis21 » Sat Jan 9, 2010 5:37 am

VCfan_88 wrote:we should have beaten atlanta to getting crawford or tried for JR smith despite is legal trouble in the offseason both of those dudes are capable of scoring 30-40 on any given night and can PLAY D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly, and while doing this we still would have Courtney, Battie would be 3rd string C/PF instead of Foyle and Bass would not be getting 100 DNPCD, there would be no doubt he would be back up to Shard at PF. Only thing is we would not have Ryan, and I'm cool with that.

Return to Orlando Magic