ImageImageImageImage

GT - Magic in Portland - 1/15 10:30PM EST

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,395

Re: GT - Magic in Portland - 1/15 10:30PM EST 

Post#496 » by SOUL » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:09 am

This is just snowpiling on how stressed I've been the last 2 weeks. I watch the Magic to unwind, which is pretty much an oxymoron
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#497 » by magicfan4life05 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:09 am

OT but for anyone who is depressed and needs a quick chuckle...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_a ... 989291.ece

(and it's ok to laugh since no one was injured)
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,777

Post#498 » by FFBlitzace » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:10 am

Dwight missed 7 of 10 free throws.

70% yo!

Oh wait...
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
EGame
Head Coach
And1: 264

Post#499 » by EGame » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:10 am

EasternMagic wrote:what is the crowd chanting

They were chanting chaulupas because when the Blazers score 100 or more they get a free thing for a Chalupa at Taco Bell. I know you mentioned Blake was classless for shooting that 3, and maybe so, but he wanted to try and give the crowd free chalupas. :)
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#500 » by Cigamodnalro » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:11 am

Something drastic needs to happen, unfortunately. Something's impeding the chemistry of this team.

Vince for TMac's expiring and a pick? Bass and AJ for Andre Miller, with Jameer to the bench? Rashard Lewis at SF?
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
Mad Balla 15
RealGM
And1: 1,930

Post#501 » by Mad Balla 15 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:12 am

Hilltop wrote:
Bensational wrote:
Hilltop wrote:I'll remain patient, but this can only go on for so long...

yeah, i don't know what it is, but this game moreso than any other am i beginning to lose my patience. i'm on the verge of becoming a "let's make some changes already" guy.

i want to see guys benched the moment they take a play off. i want to see guys making easy buckets, not just 3's. i want Otis to trade for someone who can bring some life to this team, because we sorely, sorely lack a leader who can get the whole team fired up.

It's way too tempting to hop on the bandwagon of bashers and the like. I'm exercising an unbelievable amount of restraint to even be defending these guys and rationalizing what is going on here. It's just tough to see something like this happening when you've had high expectations from the start.

There are very legitimate reasons why this team has struggled and I've brought those up several times already. I guess it's just hard to sit here and wait.

I'm with you on that man but really it's getting to be too much now. This team plays such uninspired ball for a championship contending team. There's no heart, no hustle, no desire, no killer instinct etc. I'm hoping they can pick up their play but you can't just be the kind've team to turn it on and off. The thing that's most disappointing about this team is the defense. Honestly, if this team could play defense even remotely as good as last year, they would have won many of these games that they lost.

At the same time I'll give credit to Portland, it didn't seem like they missed a shot out there tonight.
PigsEatHam
Analyst
And1: 376

Post#502 » by PigsEatHam » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:13 am

Soul wrote:This is just snowpiling on how stressed I've been the last 2 weeks. I watch the Magic to unwind, which is pretty much an oxymoron

Not an oxymoron. An oxymoron is two opposite terms smashed together as a phrase: Jumbo shrimp; standard options; military intelligence; dry lake, and so on... Watching the Magic to unwind is just a bad idea. One that I am guilty of. Typically, I record the games and only watch the wins, but those are coming much less frequently lately, so tonight's crap game I watched live--and they made me sad for two hours.

I doubt the Lakers' game will improve my view of the team much.
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#503 » by FFBlitzace » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:14 am

Needing time to adjust is a valid statement, but at the same time, we're halfway through the season now. And the games just keep on coming. And we just keep on sucking. 40 games is a pretty big chunk. Now granted, we haven't fielded a fully healthy team for a good chunk, but still.

If it's going to happen, it has to happen very soon. I mean, we're 2nd in the division now for crying out loud. We do NOT have all the time in the world. 40 games are already gone.

Supreme
Starter
And1: 338

Post#504 » by Supreme » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:14 am

I really enjoyed how Jameer Nelson magically got his quickness back in the last 2-3 minutes of the game and was getting to the paint at will.

That was wonderful.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#505 » by Bensational » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:16 am

BassMaster wrote:
EasternMagic wrote:
JazzItUp13 wrote:someone told me that i was crazy when i said vc comes back and ball movement stops and goes to iso...well didn't watch the game but sounds like it did. Awesome...hey otis...when a team makes it to the finals you don't trade 3/5 in the starting lineup...FYI!

ball movement really didnt look horrible tonight... shooting and turnovers and defense did.

Don't forget ft's we hit 50% thanks mainly to Howard going .................. :roll:

this just in...

"Dwight Howard struggles with freethrows"

OH. MY. GOD.

seriously, you're so quick to take digs at Howard and Nelson, but you could never find fault in JJ.
sabid
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#506 » by sabid » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:16 am

I feel nauseous
sportsrock37
Starter
And1: 233

Post#507 » by sportsrock37 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:17 am

So Cleveland and Boston lost last night and we have a chance to gain a game on them and we do this?????
Florida Gator Alum
Orlando Magic
Atlanta Braves
Washington Redskins
Washington Capitals

@badamsufl
Mad Balla 15
RealGM
And1: 1,930

Post#508 » by Mad Balla 15 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:17 am

This team can't play a 48 minute game. Not once this season have they played a 48 minute game. Even in the wins, there's been a quarter where they sucked it up or almost gave up the lead. Or sometimes they did give up the lead but got it back in the 4th quarter. For some reason they all come to play in the second half of every game (except for the Denver game and maybe a few others). There's no consistency. If they could at least compete for 48 minutes that would be helpful. You don't have to win every quarter but when you go into half time down 20 it's hard to come back. Or if you're up 10 at half and come out in the second half and stink it up it's hard to win.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,395

Post#509 » by SOUL » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:17 am

Otis needs some blame too. If the team is going to be using the "gelling" excuse.. pretty sure hes gonna trade even more too .. Celtics, Hawks, Cavs have added players without changing the dynamic of the team (Shaq, Crawford, Wallace) don't change the team as much as Turk did for us.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,133

Post#510 » by Optimus_Steel » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:18 am

We went from contender to expansion team in less than a month. Congrats!!!!!
aka: prorl
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#511 » by FFBlitzace » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:18 am

FSN capping off the night with an epic fail technical problem, robbing us of SVG's postgame. Not that nice Stan even has entertaining postgames anymore.

Hilltop
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 731

Post#512 » by Hilltop » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:19 am

This team has barely been together healthy so the chemistry is naturally slow to form.

Nevertheless, the dismal defense and the complete lack of hustle is just disgusting and it makes me sick. Okay I get it, we've gone through a lot and the gelling process hasn't come to fruition the way we would have wanted it to. But couldn't they at least come out here and played like they gave a damn?
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#513 » by EasternMagic » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:19 am

EGame wrote:
EasternMagic wrote:what is the crowd chanting

They were chanting chaulupas because when the Blazers score 100 or more they get a free thing for a Chalupa at Taco Bell. I know you mentioned Blake was classless for shooting that 3, and maybe so, but he wanted to try and give the crowd free chalupas. :)

ahh well then thats not as bad. i retract my statement. helping fans get free food is always a good cause.
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#514 » by NEM » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:20 am

Hilltop wrote:
Bensational wrote:yeah, i don't know what it is, but this game moreso than any other am i beginning to lose my patience. i'm on the verge of becoming a "let's make some changes already" guy.

i want to see guys benched the moment they take a play off. i want to see guys making easy buckets, not just 3's. i want Otis to trade for someone who can bring some life to this team, because we sorely, sorely lack a leader who can get the whole team fired up.

It's way too tempting to hop on the bandwagon of bashers and the like. I'm exercising an unbelievable amount of restraint to even be defending these guys and rationalizing what is going on here. It's just tough to see something like this happening when you've had high expectations from the start.

There are very legitimate reasons why this team has struggled and I've brought those up several times already. I guess it's just hard to sit here and wait.

guys, i used to be on the "be patient it will all work out band wagon" then i joined the we need to make some ****ing moves band wagon. it's so much better on this side. the grass isnt always greener on the other side, but in this case it sure as hell is. vince and jameer need to be gone by the time this trip is over. and rashard too but he stays by default, because who wants to pay a guy 9 million for the rest of this season, then 63 more million for the next 3 years.

point being, guys, there is plenty of room over here :)

this team blows
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#515 » by NEM » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:22 am

Hilltop wrote:This team has barely been together healthy so the chemistry is naturally slow to form.

Nevertheless, the dismal defense and the complete lack of hustle is just disgusting and it makes me sick. Okay I get it, we've gone through a lot and the gelling process hasn't come to fruition the way we would have wanted it to. But couldn't they at least come out here and played like they gave a damn?

lol that statement is sig worthy because you are trying to be funny, and succeeding at it. well played sir
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.

Return to Orlando Magic