ImageImageImageImage

GT - Magic in Portland - 1/15 10:30PM EST

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,770

Re: GT - Magic in Portland - 1/15 10:30PM EST 

Post#511 » by FFBlitzace » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:18 am

FSN capping off the night with an epic fail technical problem, robbing us of SVG's postgame. Not that nice Stan even has entertaining postgames anymore.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
Hilltop
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 731

Post#512 » by Hilltop » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:19 am

This team has barely been together healthy so the chemistry is naturally slow to form.

Nevertheless, the dismal defense and the complete lack of hustle is just disgusting and it makes me sick. Okay I get it, we've gone through a lot and the gelling process hasn't come to fruition the way we would have wanted it to. But couldn't they at least come out here and played like they gave a damn?
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#513 » by EasternMagic » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:19 am

EGame wrote:
EasternMagic wrote:what is the crowd chanting

They were chanting chaulupas because when the Blazers score 100 or more they get a free thing for a Chalupa at Taco Bell. I know you mentioned Blake was classless for shooting that 3, and maybe so, but he wanted to try and give the crowd free chalupas. :)

ahh well then thats not as bad. i retract my statement. helping fans get free food is always a good cause.
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#514 » by NEM » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:20 am

Hilltop wrote:
Bensational wrote:yeah, i don't know what it is, but this game moreso than any other am i beginning to lose my patience. i'm on the verge of becoming a "let's make some changes already" guy.

i want to see guys benched the moment they take a play off. i want to see guys making easy buckets, not just 3's. i want Otis to trade for someone who can bring some life to this team, because we sorely, sorely lack a leader who can get the whole team fired up.

It's way too tempting to hop on the bandwagon of bashers and the like. I'm exercising an unbelievable amount of restraint to even be defending these guys and rationalizing what is going on here. It's just tough to see something like this happening when you've had high expectations from the start.

There are very legitimate reasons why this team has struggled and I've brought those up several times already. I guess it's just hard to sit here and wait.

guys, i used to be on the "be patient it will all work out band wagon" then i joined the we need to make some ****ing moves band wagon. it's so much better on this side. the grass isnt always greener on the other side, but in this case it sure as hell is. vince and jameer need to be gone by the time this trip is over. and rashard too but he stays by default, because who wants to pay a guy 9 million for the rest of this season, then 63 more million for the next 3 years.

point being, guys, there is plenty of room over here :)

this team blows
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
NEM
RealGM

Post#515 » by NEM » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:22 am

Hilltop wrote:This team has barely been together healthy so the chemistry is naturally slow to form.

Nevertheless, the dismal defense and the complete lack of hustle is just disgusting and it makes me sick. Okay I get it, we've gone through a lot and the gelling process hasn't come to fruition the way we would have wanted it to. But couldn't they at least come out here and played like they gave a damn?

lol that statement is sig worthy because you are trying to be funny, and succeeding at it. well played sir

SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,083

Post#516 » by SOUL » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:22 am

now my dads gf is singing nsync songs in my living room

EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#517 » by EasternMagic » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:24 am

Soul wrote:now my dads gf is singing nsync songs in my living room

hahahaha
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#518 » by magicman123 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:26 am

i would rather watch a nsync/back street boy volleyball game then this team right now

alright that might be a little to much :o
purplehaze89
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#519 » by purplehaze89 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:26 am

Jameer and Vince don't work. It flat out doesn't work. Two ball dominating players is assinine. It's like putting **** versions of Iverson and Kobe together. Nobody in their right mind would. You take the ball out Vince's hand and he's useless. You take the ball out of Jameer's hand and he's useless. Start J-Will or start Redick. Something's got to give.
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,770

Post#520 » by FFBlitzace » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:26 am

Now I have Bye Bye Bye stuck in my head.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
NEM
RealGM

Post#521 » by NEM » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:27 am

over/under LAL margin of victory????

over/under 35?

im going with over, unless vince re-injured his vagina, then we'll lose by 34

Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,273

Post#522 » by Bensational » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:27 am

Hilltop wrote:This team has barely been together healthy so the chemistry is naturally slow to form.

this is exactly it. and this is why i want to see messages sent. they're paid well, they have a really talented team, they're just off a Finals appearance.... i guess all the desire has been stripped?
gino_giode
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#523 » by gino_giode » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:27 am

We win two big games vs the Hawk and Kings, and lose huge vs Nuggets and Blazers....

The former we did by playing inside, the latter we did by super chucking....

Imagine if we had been playing inside ball the WHOLE game instead of going 2-17 from 3 like in the first quarter....How does Stan even allow that to happen? Does the man call out plays for people or does he take the Phil Jackson approach and just let the players decide how to do things?

Andre Miller having his way with us on the PnR I can stomach, but allowing Webster,Fernandez, and Aldrige open shots after open shots is bonkers.

Nice job of Rashard and JJ recognizing they needed to drive even if they have the open shot HOWEVER let's not let them off the hook for some truly **** defense.

I didn't see JWill play with the starting unit tonight, which I think might be better to do in stretches since his vision and passing are still there.

Jameer looked fine, and he had some nice cross over moves that probably would have worked if he was longer. His shot looked fine but he needs to pressure the defense from the get go by driving and of course play like a PG and set your guys up.

Vince played awful just chucking away, and was slow going under screens, and of course getting caught fouling the 3pt shooters. Though again I don't think he had enough chances to get it going for his first game back.

Dwight needs to seriously step up as the leader and demand the ball. He gets an attempt in and then the rest of the guys on the court try their hand chucking. Then when Dwight actually gets the ball in good position you pretty much realize it was pointless since they'll just gang bang him in the paint and Dwight's so much of a pussy he has to sing a song to himself to make the free throw go in! USE YOUR KNEES YOU MUSCLE FREAK DUMBASS!

So many pointless turnovers that just ruin the flow and end up biting this team in the ass the next possesion.

We played a seriously undermanned team w/o their centers or best wing player yet we refuse to take advantage and challenge their depth in drawing fouls.

I know we missed shots that we could easily make but Stan needs to smarten up and take the reigns of the playcalling, and get F'ING intense again and light a fire under this team's ass and instill the fear of god in them everytime they choose to ignore Dwight and hoist away.
NEM
RealGM

Post#524 » by NEM » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:29 am

phoenixmolochia wrote:Jameer and Vince don't work. It flat out doesn't work. Two ball dominating players is assinine. It's like putting **** versions of Iverson and Kobe together. Nobody in their right mind would. You take the ball out Vince's hand and he's useless. You take the ball out of Jameer's hand and he's useless. Start J-Will or start Redick. Something's got to give.

you got it all wrong, it's supposed to be:

you give the ball to vince he's useless. you give the ball to jameer, he's useless. i like it better when they dont have the ball because that usually means theyre on the bench, my favorite sight to see during a magic game

magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#525 » by magicman123 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:31 am

phoenixmolochia wrote:Jameer and Vince don't work. It flat out doesn't work. Two ball dominating players is assinine. It's like putting **** versions of Iverson and Kobe together. Nobody in their right mind would. You take the ball out Vince's hand and he's useless. You take the ball out of Jameer's hand and he's useless. Start J-Will or start Redick. Something's got to give.

very good
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#526 » by SOUL » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:32 am

sign THETHIEF (the fake one)

actually, you can sign a corpse and prop it up under the basket I'm sure he would take a charge or two and have a better +/- than vince
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#527 » by SOUL » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:34 am

Hedo: Lmao, you're still getting paid 120 million?

Lewis: Haha, real funny.. but you're on the Raptors now.

Hedo: You're on the Magic.

Both: Ahahaha
Hilltop
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#528 » by Hilltop » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:41 am

And to think grading the team a B- and under in that one thread would label you as someone who knows nothing about basketball and wants to bash the team.

Games like today (which there have been PLENTY of this season) make it very hard for me to give this team a B+, regardless of their win-loss record. Everyone knows we have the talent, but if our guys aren't even trying out there, then it means nothing.

Right now my grade for the Magic goes down to C+ for the total lack of hustle and effort out there.
NEM
RealGM

Post#529 » by NEM » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:45 am

Hilltop wrote:And to think grading the team a B- and under in that one thread would label you as someone who knows nothing about basketball and wants to bash the team.

Games like today (which there have been PLENTY of this season) make it very hard for me to give this team a B+, regardless of their win-loss record. Everyone knows we have the talent, but if our guys aren't even trying out there, then it means nothing.

Right now my grade for the Magic goes down to C+ for the total lack of hustle and effort out there.

lol you would be one of those teachers that hates failing kids. i give them an f-

Hilltop
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#530 » by Hilltop » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:54 am

Nah, the win-loss column is the only thing that keeps them afloat. If not for that, I would give them an F as well.

Return to Orlando Magic