Post#21 » by Sixerscan » Thu May 16, 2024 4:57 am

lol no one responded to your p score thing so you did this

Hope it gets you off
brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 652

Re: Joel Embiid Hypothetical Trade Thread 

Post#22 » by brannigan73 » Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 am

mjkvol wrote:Yeah, but just posting it in the fantasy trade thread doesn't get him his troll thread title, which is the whole point.

Why is it so hard for you to just ignore stuff that you think is troll?
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect
And1: 358

Post#23 » by Jhawk03 » Thu May 16, 2024 8:48 am

brannigan73 wrote:
mjkvol wrote:Yeah, but just posting it in the fantasy trade thread doesn't get him his troll thread title, which is the whole point.

Why is it so hard for you to just ignore stuff that you think is troll?

It's pure chicken little complex when it comes to trolls. This generation seems to give trolls way too much power.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,871

Post#24 » by the_process » Thu May 16, 2024 12:09 pm

Ferry Avenue wrote:https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2024-04-23-chris-broussard-sixers-need-to-start-taking-trade-offers-for-joel-embiid/

Chris Broussard: “If I were the Sixers, I would be so frustrated with Joel Embiid. They’re legitimate injuries most of the time -- it’s not like he’s faking or anything, it’s not like he’s just soft, but he’s never healthy at this time of year. We’ve talked about a lot of guys who fade in the playoffs... Of course, James Harden most notably. D’Angelo Russell with the Lakers... In his last 9 playoff games that he’s played in, Embiid has only shot 50% or better once. He’s 7’2”, 300 pounds... Last year his scoring average went down 10 points in the playoffs, and I think a lot of it is he’s always banged up. It’s at the point where I just bake in Joel Embiid being hurt in the playoffs. He may play but generally he will miss a game or two. Only one time in his several years in the playoffs has he ever played every playoff game, and that was in 2020, but they only played four games and got swept by Boston. Every other year he’s missed at least a game or two, but even the games he plays, he’s banged up.

The Sixers have tons of money under the salary cap this year. They could actually sign two max players. At least one and then have plenty left after that. If I were the Sixers, I would probably start shopping Joel Embiid. The reason I won’t now is to see if we can trade for a Donovan Mitchell, can we sign a Paul George? I don’t think they’ll go after LeBron necessarily, but they could go all-in if they were trying to win it next year. I wanna see what I can put around Embiid this summer, but even that being the case – my phone is ‘CALL ME.’ I’ll listen, and I’ll listen in earnest. I’m not saying I’ll trade him, but call me and let’s see what you’re willing to offer.

I’m not even blaming it on him but I don’t think he’s going to be healthy this time of the year EVER. I can't say he ‘shrinks’ because I think a lot of it is he’s never 100%, but I don’t think he’ll ever be healthy because he’s 30. You don’t get healthier as you get older."

NBA Rumors: 3 Massive Trade Packages For Joel Embiid

https://fadeawayworld.net/nba-rumors-3-massive-trade-packages-for-joel-embiid

Massive?!? These offers are missing multiple 1sts! And honestly, the only one I would even consider is Miami if they add their 31 unprotected and all the swaps.
Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 862

Post#25 » by Ferry Avenue » Thu May 16, 2024 12:22 pm

Ferry Avenue
Starter

Post#26 » by Ferry Avenue » Thu May 16, 2024 12:28 pm

ankle420breaker wrote:I mean it's a valid consideration. He's an aging giant with a riddled injury history who shrinks in the playoffs. Some of you would rather live through 2 or 3 more early eliminations and trade him for a considerably weaker return package. It's not that radical to have an opposing viewpoint when it comes to Embiid.

Sent from my SM-S921U using RealGM mobile app

Precisely.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 17,044

Post#27 » by Stanford » Thu May 16, 2024 12:49 pm

Holy ****, I didn't even read the proposed trades. Those are deranged.
Ferry Avenue
Starter

Post#28 » by Ferry Avenue » Thu May 16, 2024 1:55 pm

76ciology wrote:Not yet. We at least need another shot this offseason.

It's more likely if Maxey becomes consistently capable of being the engine of our offense. Currently, we struggle to outscore opponents during non-Embiid minutes with Maxey.

Is that because the offense is worse during those minutes, is it because the defense lacks a rim protector, or both?
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,223

Post#29 » by mjkvol » Thu May 16, 2024 2:22 pm

Jailblazers7 wrote:Might be worth trading him to guarantee that I never see another Ferry Ave post for the rest of my life.

Early 'Post Of The Off Season' nominee.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Ferry Avenue
Starter

Post#30 » by Ferry Avenue » Thu May 16, 2024 2:38 pm

stormi wrote:Assuming they're trading for Embiid to be a #2 and they aren't as devoid of depth and athleticism the way we have been in his tenure here, it's an easy finals berth.

So the difference between first- and second-round exits and a finals berth is that Embiid is a team's #2 instead of its #1. That I can easily go along with.
fkd215
Sophomore
And1: 130

Post#31 » by fkd215 » Thu May 16, 2024 2:51 pm

Reason #4,112 why it makes no sense to trade him is that we don't control our draft picks in '25 and '27. So the Thunder and the Nets would be the beneficiaries of our improved draft picks.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,878

Post#32 » by 76ciology » Thu May 16, 2024 3:31 pm

Ferry Avenue wrote:
76ciology wrote:Not yet. We at least need another shot this offseason.

It's more likely if Maxey becomes consistently capable of being the engine of our offense. Currently, we struggle to outscore opponents during non-Embiid minutes with Maxey.

Is that because the offense is worse during those minutes, is it because the defense lacks a rim protector, or both?

In my eyes, it's the offense. Those misses lead to a lot of baskets off transition or cross matches.

I'm going to get crucified for this, but I think Maxey’s offense heavily relies on the two-man game or a screener. Payton Pritchard would average 20+ppg playing Maxey’s role with Embiid; Milton, JJ and Seth all have career years playing the two man game with Embiid.

That screener should be able to punish the defense when they switch, forcing the opponent's big to play drop coverage, allowing Maxey to pull up or shoot off the floater.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
MoeGreene
Junior
And1: 137

Post#33 » by MoeGreene » Thu May 16, 2024 8:27 pm

2 firsts as the best part of any of those deals is a no go. The players included are all mid.

That said, I would agree it may be time to make a trade. 4 1sts in the next 2-3 years + two legit prospects and it might work.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,984

Post#34 » by TGW » Thu May 16, 2024 8:32 pm

How does Chet, Giddey, and 4 FRPs sound? Just wondering...I'm not an OKC fan but I am curious as to the value.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Slacktard
RealGM
And1: 18,033

Post#35 » by Slacktard » Thu May 16, 2024 8:46 pm

brannigan73 wrote:I'm not saying we should be looking to trade Embiid but if we did I think OKC would be a good trade partner. Imo they need more interior bulk even in today's NBA. Imo Holmgren and Embiid can easily play together with Holmgrens skill set and they also could stagger them sometimes. I think a fair trade would be something like Jalen Williams, Lou Dort and 4 or 5 firsts. J will is going to be a great player and Dort is a solid glue guy. Honestly Maxey and J will is already a playoff team.

I don't think I could mentally handle Embiid getting to play on what "The Process" might have been had David Stern not inserted an 'inside man' as a spy in Michael Rubin and Josh Harris not capitulated once Silver became commish and took the reigns away from Hinkie.
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 854

Post#36 » by zaz102 » Thu May 16, 2024 9:20 pm

TGW wrote:How does Chet, Giddey, and 4 FRPs sound? Just wondering...I'm not an OKC fan but I am curious as to the value.
I love Embiid, but depending on the picks, this is exactly the package I would look for. A young stud and a decent haul of first.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,708

Post#37 » by eyeatoma » Thu May 16, 2024 9:37 pm

zaz102 wrote:
TGW wrote:How does Chet, Giddey, and 4 FRPs sound? Just wondering...I'm not an OKC fan but I am curious as to the value.
I love Embiid, but depending on the picks, this is exactly the package I would look for. A young stud and a decent haul of first.

Giddey is not a star, you'd need to include Jalen Williams to have any chance of Morey saying yes to this. Giddey is the antithesis of the type of player Morey would want.
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 854

Post#38 » by zaz102 » Thu May 16, 2024 9:39 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
zaz102 wrote:

Giddey is not a star, you'd need to include Jalen Williams to have any chance of Morey saying yes to this. Giddey is the antithesis of the type of player Morey would want.
I'm talking about Chet. I could care less about Giddey. He's neutral value imo
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,708

Post#39 » by eyeatoma » Thu May 16, 2024 9:45 pm

zaz102 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
zaz102 wrote:I love Embiid, but depending on the picks, this is exactly the package I would look for. A young stud and a decent haul of first.

I'm talking about Chet. I could care less about Giddey. He's neutral value imo

You need more than Chet. Embiid should get you one of the biggest hauls in NBA history. Usually that would be 3 young players and 4-5 first round picks. Least 1-2 of them would need to be players who are all-stars or had all star potential.

This deal would only have 1 of them.
Iverson Armband
Starter
And1: 1,625

Post#40 » by Iverson Armband » Thu May 16, 2024 9:54 pm

IF Chet, Jalen Williams and 3 FRPs were on the table for Embiid, you have to do it. Those FRPs would need to be in 2026 /2028 /2030 when Embiid is hanging by a thread.
always a jump shot away.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers