Fantasy Trade Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,879

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#101 » by 76ciology » Sat Nov 4, 2023 12:37 pm

the_process wrote:
76ciology wrote:Why would Jazz trade Markannen?
Ainge would ask Maxey and a first rounder for him.

Collins is the cheap option and we might even get paid to absorb his contract. Like an expiring + pick swap for Collins and a lightly protected pick (they have a lot of picks).

We then can ship that pick, among with all the picks and expirings for a big time player.

Because the Jazz aren't very good with him, and they need to bottom out and get a franchise player?

Agreed that Markkanen is a role player, but he's an extremely high end role player. 3 1sts when they got him as salary in the Mitchell trade is a huge win for Ainge. And he is a big upgrade on Tobias. Great fit with Joel, and his salary is low enough they can still have over 30M in cap room to sign a guy like Anunoby.

There is no 100% perfect player who is going to come here and save this team. That's why they ought to be looking for the Gobert package for Embiid. Since that is not happening, it's all just trying to make the best of it and hope for lightning in a bottle.

They can just ride Markannen until they get lucky. They dont need to trade him.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,871

Post#102 » by the_process » Sat Nov 4, 2023 12:42 pm

76ciology wrote:
the_process wrote:
76ciology wrote:Why would Jazz trade Markannen?
Ainge would ask Maxey and a first rounder for him.

Collins is the cheap option and we might even get paid to absorb his contract. Like an expiring + pick swap for Collins and a lightly protected pick (they have a lot of picks).

We then can ship that pick, among with all the picks and expirings for a big time player.

Because the Jazz aren't very good with him, and they need to bottom out and get a franchise player?

Agreed that Markkanen is a role player, but he's an extremely high end role player. 3 1sts when they got him as salary in the Mitchell trade is a huge win for Ainge. And he is a big upgrade on Tobias. Great fit with Joel, and his salary is low enough they can still have over 30M in cap room to sign a guy like Anunoby.

There is no 100% perfect player who is going to come here and save this team. That's why they ought to be looking for the Gobert package for Embiid. Since that is not happening, it's all just trying to make the best of it and hope for lightning in a bottle.

They can just ride Markannen until they get lucky. They don't need to trade him.

They need to be a bottom 4 team for a couple years. That won't happen with Lauri.

By that rationale, no team ever needs to trade. Teams just all draft and sign their players to extensions, and then draft again. Zero player movement, other than the occasional star asking to go to LA or Miami. I'm out on the NBA if that's where this is going . :lol:
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,618

Post#103 » by youngcrev » Sat Nov 4, 2023 1:00 pm

the_process wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:Tari Eason is the theft target. He's injured right now and there's higher investment draft picks ahead of him at the F spots. He can be had, out of Houston.

He's an elite defender with athleticism and the markings of a good jumper. He can be the next OG.

He was the guy I was hoping would fall to us. Was good with the Melton trade once he was no longer on the board.

I don't imagine the Rockets are looking to trade him. Would you be willing to put an OG level package on the table to acquire him (multiple 1sts)?

They do have a ton of guys in front of him, though. It's not realistic of Houston to ask that for a guy who is buried. If they want to keep Eason, though, let's talk about Whitmore. Or Thompson. Or Jabari. One of them has to be available at a reasonable price IMO.

They have a lot of guys, but with plenty of time left on their rookie deals, where's the motivation to move on unless someone is paying a premium?

If we get midway through the season and guys are complaining about minutes with Udoka opting for vets like Jeff Green and Tate, that could make things interesting.

Worth monitoring, I just wouldn't assume we're getting one of those guys cheap just because they have a lot of intriguing young players. Particularly when they can all see the floor together, unlike when we had 3 centers.
the_process
RealGM

Post#104 » by the_process » Sat Nov 4, 2023 1:06 pm

youngcrev wrote:
the_process wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
He was the guy I was hoping would fall to us. Was good with the Melton trade once he was no longer on the board.

I don't imagine the Rockets are looking to trade him. Would you be willing to put an OG level package on the table to acquire him (multiple 1sts)?

They do have a ton of guys in front of him, though. It's not realistic of Houston to ask that for a guy who is buried. If they want to keep Eason, though, let's talk about Whitmore. Or Thompson. Or Jabari. One of them has to be available at a reasonable price IMO.

They have a lot of guys, but with plenty of time left on their rookie deals, where's the motivation to move on unless someone is paying a premium?

If we get midway through the season and guys are complaining about minutes with Udoka opting for vets like Jeff Green and Tate, that could make things interesting.

Worth monitoring, I just wouldn't assume we're getting one of those guys cheap just because they have a lot of intriguing young players. Particularly when they can all see the floor together, unlike when we had 3 centers.

Agreed, no assumptions. And not cheap, just reasonable. But one of them almost certainly has to come available at some point in the next 12 months.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,283

Post#105 » by Kobblehead » Sat Nov 4, 2023 1:30 pm

youngcrev wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:Tari Eason is the theft target. He's injured right now and there's higher investment draft picks ahead of him at the F spots. He can be had, out of Houston.

He's an elite defender with athleticism and the markings of a good jumper. He can be the next OG.

I wouldn't because his jumper isn't established enough to the point where he's a surefire two-way player yet.

I'd definitely put a 1st round pick on the table and attach it to a player (Springer or Reed if they're interested).

Not sure how much of a price tag they can charge for a guy they don't even have to ability to give a 25 mpg role to.

Herein lies where the Dillon Brooks contract really boned them. They don't have minutes to develop their young Fs and they have less leverage to get great value for them .
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,618

Post#106 » by youngcrev » Sat Nov 4, 2023 2:05 pm

the_process wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
the_process wrote:

Agreed, no assumptions. And not cheap, just reasonable. But one of them almost certainly has to come available at some point in the next 12 months.

Yeah, I'm not saying they're in a position to ask for a ton once they hit that point, but until they do, I imagine they'll see what they have.

That's a weirdly built team. They've got a bunch of interesting pieces, but if Jalen Green is their centerpiece they're sunk.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,283

Post#107 » by Kobblehead » Sat Nov 4, 2023 2:09 pm

If I'm the Sixers, I'm keeping a close eye on the availability of a pair of guys from the 2020 draft on the last year of their rookie deal.

Patrick Williams and Jaden McDaniels

Both are athletic wings with established defense and shooting. Both want more money than they're worth so their current teams may be looking to move them to avoid having them on a bad contract.

Sixers don't have to make a future commitment to either player. They can afford to wait and see how it goes before making a decision.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,297

Post#108 » by ProcessDoctor » Sat Nov 4, 2023 3:51 pm

Didn't McDaniels just get a huge extension?
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Payne/Downtin
Maxey/Melton/Hield
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,157

Post#109 » by Negrodamus » Sat Nov 4, 2023 3:59 pm

De'Andre Hunter career playoff stats: 16ppg (53% 2FG, 40% 3FG, 78% FT) 5 rpg. Including a 21 ppg series against the Heat 2 years ago. If there's even a hint of ATL letting him go, I'd be more interested in him than OG Anunoby.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,372

Post#110 » by Arsenal » Sat Nov 4, 2023 4:00 pm

I'd take a flier on Jon Isaac if the price is right. Something like Morris + a couple 2nds. His deal next year is not guaranteed so if it doesn't work, waive him and reclaim the cap space. If it does work, you've got a great piece under contract for $17m next year.
the_process
RealGM

Post#111 » by the_process » Sat Nov 4, 2023 9:30 pm

Negrodamus wrote:De'Andre Hunter career playoff stats: 16ppg (53% 2FG, 40% 3FG, 78% FT) 5 rpg. Including a 21 ppg series against the Heat 2 years ago. If there's even a hint of ATL letting him go, I'd be more interested in him than OG Anunoby.

Hunter is hurt a ton, though.
the_process
RealGM

Post#112 » by the_process » Sat Nov 4, 2023 9:31 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:Didn't McDaniels just get a huge extension?

Yes he did. 5/136 I believe.
PhillyFan11
Bench Warmer
And1: 493

Post#113 » by PhillyFan11 » Sat Nov 4, 2023 10:00 pm

I say just go get Bogdanovic from the Pistons as long as the price is reasonable. A 40% 3 point shooter would be deadly on this roster. $20 mil this year so easy contract to match and only 2M of $20 guaranteed next year.
the_process
RealGM

Post#114 » by the_process » Sun Nov 5, 2023 2:10 am

LAL gets Batum and Shamet
PHI gets Wright
WSH gets Russell
Covi_Marsh
Sophomore
And1: 82

Post#115 » by Covi_Marsh » Sun Nov 5, 2023 2:23 am

Kobblehead wrote:If I'm the Sixers, I'm keeping a close eye on the availability of a pair of guys from the 2020 draft on the last year of their rookie deal.

Patrick Williams and Jaden McDaniels

Both are athletic wings with established defense and shooting. Both want more money than they're worth so their current teams may be looking to move them to avoid having them on a bad contract.

Sixers don't have to make a future commitment to either player. They can afford to wait and see how it goes before making a decision.

Don’t watch much of Chicago but I do look over at the bulls board to see how they feel after losses. They hate their GM and feel he doesn’t draft well and Patrick Williams is a big part of that :lol:

Jaden McDaniels signed a 4/136 extension. Timberwolves know what they got and not letting him go anywhere.
Covi_Marsh
Sophomore

Post#116 » by Covi_Marsh » Sun Nov 5, 2023 2:26 am

PhillyFan11 wrote:I say just go get Bogdanovic from the Pistons as long as the price is reasonable. A 40% 3 point shooter would be deadly on this roster. $20 mil this year so easy contract to match and only 2M of $20 guaranteed next year.

Batum looks like he ain’t tryna come. Might as well move House & Batum for him. They probably would want a first tho. Is a 34 yr old worth a first? Is he that much better then Marcus Morris?
Covi_Marsh
Sophomore

Post#117 » by Covi_Marsh » Sun Nov 5, 2023 2:29 am

Negrodamus wrote:De'Andre Hunter career playoff stats: 16ppg (53% 2FG, 40% 3FG, 78% FT) 5 rpg. Including a 21 ppg series against the Heat 2 years ago. If there's even a hint of ATL letting him go, I'd be more interested in him than OG Anunoby.

If I can get OG on Hunters contract he’s the better investment. Better outside shooter, better defender, more durable.
the_process
RealGM

Post#118 » by the_process » Sun Nov 5, 2023 2:56 am

Covi_Marsh wrote:

If I can get OG on Hunters contract he’s the better investment. Better outside shooter, better defender, more durable.

OG is going to cost significantly more than what Hunter is getting.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,157

Post#119 » by Negrodamus » Sun Nov 5, 2023 3:27 am

the_process wrote:
Covi_Marsh wrote:

Definitely. And them being as trash as they are, he should make them significantly better for the amount of money he’s going to make.
the_process
RealGM

Post#120 » by the_process » Sun Nov 5, 2023 4:01 am

Negrodamus wrote:
the_process wrote:
Covi_Marsh wrote:

Definitely. And them being as trash as they are, he should make them significantly better for the amount of money he’s going to make.

I agree, but I do like OG. If the Sixers could just sign him straight out for 4/140, I would do it. I would be against trading multiple firsts and then signing him to that deal at this point.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers