ImageImageImage

Fantasy Trade Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

M2J
Starter
And1: 1,204

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1101 » by M2J » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:39 pm

Well according to Spencer dinwiddie from his beef with Kuzma, Spencer is the perfect 3rd option for a title team. So.... There's that
M2J
Starter

Post#1102 » by M2J » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:45 pm

I got signoff from the Hawks JRoy on Morris/26 first and 2 seconds for DJM.

Make it happen Daryl
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,618

Post#1103 » by youngcrev » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:59 pm

M2J wrote:I got signoff from the Hawks JRoy on Morris/26 first and 2 seconds for DJM.

Make it happen Daryl

You know damn well JRoy is Blazers fan.

I guess at that price even I'd go for it.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,655

Post#1104 » by JRoy » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:23 pm

I’m the real Jroy and I endorse that deal.

If that is the cost to acquire Murray, PHI should pull the trigger.

PS that is not the cost to acquire Murray.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,871

Post#1105 » by the_process » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:37 pm

youngcrev wrote:
M2J wrote:I got signoff from the Hawks JRoy on Morris/26 first and 2 seconds for DJM.

Make it happen Daryl

I think he meant the Hawks fans version of JRoy. At least that's how I interpreted it? Not sure which poster he's talking about.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,618

Post#1106 » by youngcrev » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:43 pm

the_process wrote:
youngcrev wrote:

Make it happen Daryl

I think he meant the Hawks fans version of JRoy. At least that's how I interpreted it? Not sure which poster he's talking about.

Ah. That makes sense.

Regardless, who cares? Seems like he'll cost more than than and don't really want him anyway
the_process
RealGM

Post#1107 » by the_process » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:44 pm

Make it happen Daryl

They just paid two 1sts for him a season and a half ago, though.

They're really gonna take that loss? It's not like he's been bad. And they just re-signed him. It would be a struggle for anyone to make up for Trae.

Maybe they could sell a return like Melton, Korkmaz, Morris, a 1st, and 4 2nds for Murray and Mills?
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 17,048

Post#1108 » by Stanford » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:55 pm

It's certainly looking like the Hawks are going to take a first for Murray as long as it doesn't come with any bad salary.
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 857

Post#1109 » by zaz102 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:13 pm

the_process wrote:

Make it happen Daryl

They're really gonna take that loss? It's not like he's been bad. And they just re-signed him. It would be a struggle for anyone to make up for Trae.

Maybe they could sell a return like Melton, Korkmaz, Morris, a 1st, and 4 2nds for Murray and Mills?
I think so. It looks like hes close to demanding a trade and as a Sixers fan you know how that goes. Not fun. Plus not sure he has the same value. He was younger and was seen as an all star on the rise. I think at most a 1st and a swap will end u0 being the deal.
M2J
Starter

Post#1110 » by M2J » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:51 pm

zaz102 wrote:
the_process wrote:

Make it happen Daryl

I think so. It looks like hes close to demanding a trade and as a Sixers fan you know how that goes. Not fun. Plus not sure he has the same value. He was younger and was seen as an all star on the rise. I think at most a 1st and a swap will end u0 being the deal.

Correct. He and Rich Paul are trying to get him out of there. With Russell playing better the Lakers are trying to trade him for an expiring to send 2029 pick and expiring to Atlanta and then it would be done. Philly can match that with 2026frp and extra 2nds... Because the Lakers 2029 pick is more desirable.

Poster/mod jamaaliver accepted the trade. Call him Daryl

Also of not, Coach Quinn wants him to stay. But their payroll is very high and they suck. That's the Hawks thought process. They have a young up and comer in Johnson.
bball4life
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,263

Post#1111 » by bball4life » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:58 pm

the_process wrote:

Make it happen Daryl

The problem is NO ONE fits with Trae, he's impossible to build a good team around as the focal point. Murray's value will never be lower than it is right now. My question is whether he can regain the defensive form he had before Atlanta. I think he can because I don't know how anyone fixes the Trae defensive challenges. And a huge part of defense is will and effort. Its probably really hard to stay focused and give all out effort when no matter what you do eventually the ball will find Trae's guy and its a layup.

His offense is still not super efficient but he can get his own shot which is a valuable piece for when Maxey has to sit.

I guess I'd be good with a Murray trade IF its for a single FRP and salaries, but he ties up future cap so you better be certain about the defense coming back.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The move is to trade Trae while he still might have a modicum of value.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1112 » by the_process » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:41 pm

M2J wrote:
zaz102 wrote:
the_process wrote:

Correct. He and Rich Paul are trying to get him out of there. With Russell playing better the Lakers are trying to trade him for an expiring to send 2029 pick and expiring to Atlanta and then it would be done. Philly can match that with 2026frp and extra 2nds... Because the Lakers 2029 pick is more desirable.

Poster/mod jamaaliver accepted the trade. Call him Daryl

Also of not, Coach Quinn wants him to stay. But their payroll is very high and they suck. That's the Hawks thought process. They have a young up and comer in Johnson.

I read the exchange, and I wouldn't go so far as to say it was accepted.

However, if the Sixers were to want Murray, and all indications are that they do not... beating the Lakers offer would not be overly difficult I believe.
Decipher
Rookie
And1: 1,023

Post#1113 » by Decipher » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:59 pm

bball4life wrote:
the_process wrote:

Make it happen Daryl

The problem is NO ONE fits with Trae, he's impossible to build a good team around as the focal point. Murray's value will never be lower than it is right now. My question is whether he can regain the defensive form he had before Atlanta. I think he can because I don't know how anyone fixes the Trae defensive challenges. And a huge part of defense is will and effort. Its probably really hard to stay focused and give all out effort when no matter what you do eventually the ball will find Trae's guy and its a layup.

His offense is still not super efficient but he can get his own shot which is a valuable piece for when Maxey has to sit.

I guess I'd be good with a Murray trade IF its for a single FRP and salaries, but he ties up future cap so you better be certain about the defense coming back.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The move is to trade Trae while he still might have a modicum of value.

If GSW can hide Steph to a degree & you guys can do the same with Maxey, then there’s no reason why the Hawks can’t do the same with Trae to a degree IF they have the right personnel and scheme

I have watched the Hawks a few times this season and they flat out suck at both ends of the floor

Trae is nowhere near the worst of their problems & I’m not a Trae booster by any means
bball4life
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,263

Post#1114 » by bball4life » Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:09 am

Decipher wrote:
bball4life wrote:
the_process wrote:

If GSW can hide Steph to a degree & you guys can do the same with Maxey, then there’s no reason why the Hawks can’t do the same with Trae to a degree IF they have the right personnel and scheme

I have watched the Hawks a few times this season and they flat out suck at both ends of the floor

Trae is nowhere near the worst of their problems & I’m not a Trae booster by any means

Maxey and Curry both try on defense. Trae does not. If you look back to the GSW glory years, Curry's defensive metrics were really really good. Maxey plays hard all the time, gets blocks, hustles. Trae could do those things but doesn't. Maybe its just me but I like max players you don't have to hide.
Ball4life32
Analyst
And1: 2,519

Post#1115 » by Ball4life32 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:42 am

bball4life wrote:
Decipher wrote:
bball4life wrote:

Maxey and Curry both try on defense. Trae does not. If you look back to the GSW glory years, Curry's defensive metrics were really really good. Maxey plays hard all the time, gets blocks, hustles. Trae could do those things but doesn't. Maybe its just me but I like max players you don't have to hide.

Trae has +1.6 defensive on/off right now. Not saying he’s good defensively of course but guys aren’t scoring at will like that on him. But hawks offense isn’t bad (they average 120+ ppg) it’s just abysmal defense with or without him right now.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,227

Post#1116 » by mjkvol » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:42 am

We could do a whole lot worse than Murray if it really is just a 1st they want. The kid showed a ton of promise in SA, and has been in an awful situation in Atlanta. He is a buy low guy who fits a need here, I have no problem bringing him in.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,954

Post#1117 » by Foshan » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:50 am

Agreed, and if he is 1 first and a couple seconds… we still have something to go after a defensive wing/big. If we bring in Murray’s salary, we have to get out of the tax while also taking on more mone for next year so we can be an over the cap team, imo
the_process
RealGM

Post#1118 » by the_process » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:54 pm

Foshan wrote:Agreed, and if he is 1 first and a couple seconds… we still have something to go after a defensive wing/big. If we bring in Murray’s salary, we have to get out of the tax while also taking on more mone for next year so we can be an over the cap team, imo

We don't want Tobi back, though.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,157

Post#1119 » by Negrodamus » Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:27 pm

Chris Paul
Andrew Wiggins
2025 1st

for

Tobi
RoCo
Kork

Warriors get 3 expiring contracts and a starter (Tobi) to switchup their spiraling season before it's too late. We take on 2 years of ancient CP3 and take a risk on 4 years of Wiggins. But the first would be vital for a big trade in the next year. Same with CP3s contract.

I find it hard to believe that the Wiggins we're watching this season is the final form. I think he's still going through something and perhaps a fresh start will get him back on track. Plus he's been on a tear the past few games. CP3 also provides an actual PG on the team that can run an offense.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,157

Post#1120 » by Negrodamus » Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:36 pm

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/vRmbbx8oZsk

There also seems to be some beef between CP3 and Bev, so there's that lol.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers