ImageImageImage

Fantasy Trade Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Butter
General Manager
And1: 131

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1281 » by Butter » Sat May 11, 2024 2:34 pm

Would the Sixers have any interest in Jerami Grant?

The Blazers also have a glut of wings/role players, like Matisse Thybulle, Rayan Rupert, Kris Murray, etc to help fill out the bench.
Sometimes they live by the jumper, and some times they die by the jumper.
PhillyNj
Sixth Man
And1: 558

Post#1282 » by PhillyNj » Sat May 11, 2024 2:42 pm

Butter wrote:Would the Sixers have any interest in Jerami Grant?

The Blazers also have a glut of wings/role players, like Matisse Thybulle, Rayan Rupert, Kris Murray, etc to help fill out the bench.

I believe most Sixers fans feel Grat is a very negative contract. I think Portland will have to shop hard to get any positive value.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,243

Post#1283 » by Kobblehead » Sat May 11, 2024 3:16 pm

I would hope so. Jerami Grant would be the prodigal son returning.
LeonJordanJr24
Sixth Man
And1: 560

Post#1284 » by LeonJordanJr24 » Sat May 11, 2024 5:08 pm

Kobblehead wrote:

I would hope so. Jerami Grant would be the prodigal son returning.

Huh lol
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,626

Post#1285 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sat May 11, 2024 9:00 pm

Grant as a Harris replacement would be fine by me.
PhillyFan11
Bench Warmer
And1: 478

Post#1286 » by PhillyFan11 » Sat May 11, 2024 9:49 pm

Don’t think it’s a realistic trade scenario for the Sixers…but I’m curious to see what the Rockets end up doing this off season

They have PG, SG, and C covered with FVV, Green and Sengun, but at the 2 F spots they have Jabari, Dillon Brooks, Thompson, Eason and Whitmore + another likely top 10 pick coming(and more picks coming from Brooklyn).

If they were to make Jabari or Eason available what would you be willing to give up?
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 17,001

Post#1287 » by Stanford » Sat May 11, 2024 10:11 pm

Grant is a shockingly poor rebounder. He's the exact opposite of what we need next to Embiid
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,270

Post#1288 » by ProcessDoctor » Sat May 11, 2024 11:41 pm

Stanford wrote:Grant is a shockingly poor rebounder. He's the exact opposite of what we need next to Embiid

He's a fine small forward, but yea not playing him next to Embiid unless we want a repeat of this year.

For more context, Tobias Harris is a better rebounder than Grant.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Payne/Downtin
Maxey/Melton/Hield
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,626

Post#1289 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sat May 11, 2024 11:59 pm

Yeah, I meant Grant as a third scorer. Not necessarily Grant next to Embiid. I think Grant can hold it down at small forward just fine.
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,625

Post#1290 » by Jailblazers7 » Sun May 12, 2024 12:17 am

The more I think about it Draymond makes a ton of sense as a target for us. He’d a be a great PF compliment who can set a ton of screens, rebound, and provide additional rim protection & playmaking. He’d also be an excellent anchor for our defense in any non-Embiid minutes (including injury absences).

Depending on how you feel about dawg mentality he’d definitely be an injection of a different kind of energy & pedigree. I think he’s obviously an unstable maniac who would probably get himself banned from the NBA for some dumb sh*t if he ever became a Sixer. But I could be persuaded about the fit for sure.

Maxey
Oubre (or Melton if his back heals)
PG13
Draymond
Embiid
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,179

Post#1291 » by mjkvol » Sun May 12, 2024 12:53 am

Jailblazers7 wrote:The more I think about it Draymond makes a ton of sense as a target for us. He’d a be a great PF compliment who can set a ton of screens, rebound, and provide additional rim protection & playmaking. He’d also be an excellent anchor for our defense in any non-Embiid minutes (including injury absences).

Depending on how you feel about dawg mentality he’d definitely be an injection of a different kind of energy & pedigree. I think he’s obviously an unstable maniac who would probably get himself banned from the NBA for some dumb sh*t if he ever became a Sixer. But I could be persuaded about the fit for sure.

Maxey
PG13
Draymond
Embiid

If I was going to bring in Draymond, I'd bring in Klay before George. In fact, I'd probably prefer him anyway, and he could probably be had at a much better price, leaving room to really build some depth.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,596

Post#1292 » by youngcrev » Sun May 12, 2024 1:08 am

Jailblazers7 wrote:The more I think about it Draymond makes a ton of sense as a target for us. He’d a be a great PF compliment who can set a ton of screens, rebound, and provide additional rim protection & playmaking. He’d also be an excellent anchor for our defense in any non-Embiid minutes (including injury absences).

Maxey
PG13
Draymond
Embiid

If you're giving George the max, you don't have enough remaining cap to absorb Draymond. Also, I don't imagine the Warriors are looking to just give him away.
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,625

Post#1293 » by Jailblazers7 » Sun May 12, 2024 2:32 am

Yeah I kinda figured the cap wouldn’t work out but didn’t feel like checking.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,844

Post#1294 » by the_process » Sun May 12, 2024 8:33 pm

mjkvol wrote:

Maxey
PG13
Draymond
Embiid

If I was going to bring in Draymond, I'd bring in Klay before George. In fact, I'd probably prefer him anyway, and he could probably be had at a much better price, leaving room to really build some depth.

Bringing in Klay and Dray is bringing in even more washed guys than just Pal Jorge.

I also don't think Klay comes at a discount. He has previously talked about how he was responsible for the valuation of the Warriors, and therefore he should be compensated for that. Aka he wants another max regardless of his current play. And GS will get the final chance to match or come close to anything, because his preference is to stay.

Let's also not forget he pulled a Tobias in the play in game versus Sacto.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,844

Post#1295 » by the_process » Sun May 12, 2024 8:35 pm

youngcrev wrote:

Maxey
PG13
Draymond
Embiid

If you're giving George the max, you don't have enough remaining cap to absorb Draymond. Also, I don't imagine the Warriors are looking to just give him away.

I think the price will be reasonable for Draymond; but I agree it won't be free, and they certainly won't be paying to dump him.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,890

Post#1296 » by stormi » Sun May 12, 2024 8:37 pm

Maxey
PG13
Draymond
Embiid

I can't even lie and say I haven't thought about it too.

I would do this, if Morey is committed to this bit you bring them both if possible. Draymond brings a lot of things we're missing. Elite switchable defense, secondary rim protection, would act as a tertiary playmaker in the halfcourt and could run a lot of the same sets he used to with Steph with Maxey.

Make it happen and go all in on this 2 year window. F it.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,179

Post#1297 » by mjkvol » Sun May 12, 2024 8:44 pm

the_process wrote:
mjkvol wrote:

Maxey
PG13
Draymond
Embiid

Bringing in Klay and Dray is bringing in even more washed guys than just Pal Jorge.

I also don't think Klay comes at a discount. He has previously talked about how he was responsible for the valuation of the Warriors, and therefore he should be compensated for that. Aka he wants another max regardless of his current play. And GS will get the final chance to match or come close to anything, because his preference is to stay.

Let's also not forget he pulled a Tobias in the play in game versus Sacto.

Don't get me wrong, I hate both ideas. The key word in your post is 'washed', which seems to be the Plan A that the Sixers punted a season to implement.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
MoeGreene
Junior
And1: 137

Post#1298 » by MoeGreene » Mon May 13, 2024 5:00 am

Get both Bridges, Miles and Mikal.

4 1sts & 2 2nds for Mikal
FA Bridges 18M a year up from 9M last year and low bc he's a headcase on a prove it deal.
29 LAC 1st and a 30 1st for Jalen Green who has Team Option and was rumored available last year. Doesn't fit with Sengun.

141M Cap total for 24-25
1st Apron is 178
2023 Spent at 126M

Maxey 50M MLE Dinwiddie 3M
Green 13M MLE Curry 4M
Mikal 24M Council 1.8M
Miles 18M
Embiid 51M Drummond 3M

Does Harris spend 168?
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,854

Post#1299 » by 76ciology » Mon May 13, 2024 8:06 am

Just for fun..

Jazz:
Cap space
2-4 2nd round picks

Hawks:
Cap space
2024 Sixers1st round pick
2026 OKC 1st round pick

Bulls:
Cap space
2026 Sixers first round pick

Sixers:
Dejounte Murray
Alex Caruso
John Collins

Sixers:
Tyrese Maxey
Dejounte Murray
Alex Caruso
John Collins
Joel Embiid

Personally, im not a fan of Dejounte, and I dont like 3 guard unit, but the outcome of this team is interesting. I think our non-embiid offense would be decent. Overall spacing is good. A lot of guys who plays defense and rebounding.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,854

Post#1300 » by 76ciology » Mon May 13, 2024 8:12 am

Just for fun

Sign Derozan at 26M
Sign Bey at 8M

Jazz:
Cap space
2-4 2nd round picks

Sixers:
Maxey
Demar Derozan
Saddiq Bey
John Collins
Joel Embiid
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers