ImageImageImage

Tom Moore 3.0

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

tmoore
Head Coach
And1: 109

Re: Tom Moore 3.0 

Post#2081 » by tmoore » Sun Dec 6, 2009 7:37 pm

Iverson: "I think tomorrow, that whole thing is probably more for the fans than anything else. It’s frustrating for me because I was kind of in a rhythm before I left Memphis. Sitting out as long as I did, I kind of got offbeat a little bit. But it won’t take but a little while for me to get it back."

Asked if he'll play in spurts against the Nuggets, Iverson said, "I’m going to have to. I’m not going to lie to myself. I’m not in the basketball shape that I want to be in. At times out here I got real winded. Once you get winded like that, your arms get weak, your legs get weak. Obviously, I’m going to have to be the judge of that and be honest with coach and let him know when I have to get a blow. One thing I don’t want to do is go out there and hurt the team. I want to contribute and do what’s right for the team. If me not playing a lot of minutes is what’s right for the team, then that’s exactly what we should do."
Mojo7
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#2082 » by Mojo7 » Sun Dec 6, 2009 7:46 pm

tmoore wrote:Iverson: "I think tomorrow, that whole thing is probably more for the fans than anything else. It’s frustrating for me because I was kind of in a rhythm before I left Memphis. Sitting out as long as I did, I kind of got offbeat a little bit. But it won’t take but a little while for me to get it back."

Asked if he'll play in spurts against the Nuggets, Iverson said, "I’m going to have to. I’m not going to lie to myself. I’m not in the basketball shape that I want to be in. At times out here I got real winded. Once you get winded like that, your arms get weak, your legs get weak. Obviously, I’m going to have to be the judge of that and be honest with coach and let him know when I have to get a blow. One thing I don’t want to do is go out there and hurt the team. I want to contribute and do what’s right for the team. If me not playing a lot of minutes is what’s right for the team, then that’s exactly what we should do."

Sounds like he just wants to fit in.

EJ will be spending every practice moment acclimating AI into the offense, which means even less time to practice D, which means losing streak continues...
Kevin12
Banned User

Post#2083 » by Kevin12 » Sun Dec 6, 2009 8:00 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if EJ abandoned the little portion each game that he actually still runs the Princeton Offense. I think we are about to enter a phase of heavy iso and pick and rolls.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 18,030

Post#2084 » by Mik317 » Sun Dec 6, 2009 8:13 pm

Kevin12 wrote:
Cru Thik wrote:
Kevin12 wrote:How about we just sure up our perimeter defense by reducing Thaddeus Young to a bench role? For his man probably makes at least 3/5s of the open threes we have given up this year. But nobody would dare blame a player would they?

Your quickly turning into the Ricky Pryor, Jemagge, SendEm of the board these days.

I don't know these people.

I'm assuming they were users that spoke out on the general fickleness and mis-analizing that the users on this board embody.

no they where giant douchenozzles who thought that their opinions were better than everyone elses

Though Jemagee was funny..so he gets points there.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Mojo7
Pro Prospect

Post#2085 » by Mojo7 » Sun Dec 6, 2009 8:19 pm

Kevin12 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if EJ abandoned the little portion each game that he actually still runs the Princeton Offense. I think we are about to enter a phase of heavy iso and pick and rolls.

I would agree, but he also mentioned trying to get AI up to snuff in the minimum PO stuff, which would require practice time since that offense is so much read & react that you can't really learn it in isolation as you would with traditional offenses with plays.
tmoore
Head Coach

Post#2086 » by tmoore » Sun Dec 6, 2009 8:46 pm

Jordan on Sunday's practice: "It was absolutely great. He brings a lot of veteran presence on the floor. There was a lot of hop to everybody’s step. It was better than I expected."
9th Wonder
Assistant Coach
And1: 197

Post#2087 » by 9th Wonder » Sun Dec 6, 2009 8:59 pm

Mojo7 wrote:
tmoore wrote:Iverson: "I think tomorrow, that whole thing is probably more for the fans than anything else. It’s frustrating for me because I was kind of in a rhythm before I left Memphis. Sitting out as long as I did, I kind of got offbeat a little bit. But it won’t take but a little while for me to get it back."

After hearing him tow the same lines with every team he has played, I'm gonna have to see it before I believe it.
tmoore
Head Coach

Post#2088 » by tmoore » Sun Dec 6, 2009 9:03 pm

Iverson on being the new guy: "I’m the one that’s been out. If those guys were coming in, it’d be those guys adjusting to me. I haven’t been on the squad. They’ve played 20 games and I haven’t been there, so obviously I have to adjust to them. It’s all about being a basketball player and knowing how to play basketball."
tmoore
Head Coach

Post#2089 » by tmoore » Sun Dec 6, 2009 9:05 pm

9th Wonder wrote:
Mojo7 wrote:

After hearing him tow the same lines with every team he has played, I'm gonna have to see it before I believe it.

That's the subject of my Sunday column: http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/news_de ... out-1.html
tmoore
Head Coach

Post#2090 » by tmoore » Sun Dec 6, 2009 9:12 pm

Iverson on how he'll keep his emotions in check Monday night: "I don’t know. I know the emotion is going to be there. That’s going to be even tougher on me, as far as coming out and doing what I have to do, physically. I don’t know how it’s going to be. I know, at times, during the game tomorrow I will struggle because I struggled here in practice. It’s going to be kind of rough on me, at times, because I know my conditioning is not there."
9th Wonder
Assistant Coach
And1: 197

Post#2091 » by 9th Wonder » Sun Dec 6, 2009 9:14 pm

Nice piece, Tom. Which way do you think it will go?

Unfortunately, I'm inclined to side with history here.
tmoore
Head Coach

Post#2092 » by tmoore » Sun Dec 6, 2009 9:15 pm

Dalembert was funny today. Asked if it felt different with Allen in the gyn, he replied, "Who's Allen? Oh, the rookie?" before cracking up. "It was great, man. It was nice to see him back again."
tmoore
Head Coach

Post#2093 » by tmoore » Sun Dec 6, 2009 9:33 pm

9th Wonder wrote:Nice piece, Tom. Which way do you think it will go?

Unfortunately, I'm inclined to side with history here.

Thanks. Would say 50-50 he makes it to Jan. 10, when contracts are guaranteed. Hope things are different, but ...
tmoore
Head Coach

Post#2094 » by tmoore » Sun Dec 6, 2009 9:54 pm

Asked Jordan away from the other writers today about the poor 3-point defense.

His response: "It's a disappointment to us. We're disappointed that we're that poorly defending it. We're trying to stay with -- we're trying to get better at one scheme that's basic with the NBA or do we try to keep changing and find out what fits our personnel? For non-3-point shooters, like (the Thunder's Jeff Green and Kevin Durant) shooting 25 percent from 3 and they shoot 6-for-7 and Boris Diaw shoots 5-for-6 ... Someone says , 'Coach, it's not the defense -- you're just snakebitten.' I say, 'I can't believe that.' "
Welfare Fraud
Starter
And1: 13

Post#2095 » by Welfare Fraud » Sun Dec 6, 2009 10:04 pm

tmoore wrote:or do we try to keep changing and find out what fits our personnel?

umm... yeah?
BobbyJones
Senior

Post#2096 » by BobbyJones » Sun Dec 6, 2009 10:26 pm

Knux-Future wrote:no they where giant douchenozzles who thought that their opinions were better than everyone elses

Though Jemagee was funny..so he gets points there.

Yeah, too right. Jem was funny. Any 280lb couch potato who wouldn't know sport or exercise if it bit him in the ass, yet belittles everyone he comes in contact with, is a regular barrel of laughs.

Kev, on the other hand, knows fickleness and Miss Analysing. Not sure who this bitch is, but if she's ok by Kev, she's ok by me.
tmoore
Head Coach

Post#2097 » by tmoore » Sun Dec 6, 2009 10:33 pm

Welfare Fraud wrote:
tmoore wrote:or do we try to keep changing and find out what fits our personnel?

umm... yeah?

Would think it's time to make some adjustments.
Mojo7
Pro Prospect

Post#2098 » by Mojo7 » Sun Dec 6, 2009 11:29 pm

tmoore wrote:Asked Jordan away from the other writers today about the poor 3-point defense.

His response: "It's a disappointment to us. We're disappointed that we're that poorly defending it. We're trying to stay with -- we're trying to get better at one scheme that's basic with the NBA or do we try to keep changing and find out what fits our personnel? For non-3-point shooters, like (the Thunder's Jeff Green and Kevin Durant) shooting 25 percent from 3 and they shoot 6-for-7 and Boris Diaw shoots 5-for-6 ... Someone says , 'Coach, it's not the defense -- you're just snakebitten.' I say, 'I can't believe that.' "

So, the moron is wondering whether he keep doing something that has been shown not to work, or do something that would be more tailored toward his particular roster, is that right? The fact that this is even a discussion should be grounds for dismissal.

Not to mention that Durant has always been the definition of a streak shooter that can crush you once he gets rolling so letting him fire away is not a smart idea.
tmoore
Head Coach

Post#2099 » by tmoore » Sun Dec 6, 2009 11:43 pm

Sixers are allowing 45.6 3-point shooting in their losses this year, compared to 39.9 a year ago.

They're last in 3-point defense (41.2 percent). The next team is at 38.6.
Lapinski
Lead Assistant
And1: 94

Post#2100 » by Lapinski » Sun Dec 6, 2009 11:56 pm

41.2 % 3pt shooting is like allowing 62% on two point FG's. Jordan needs to do something because 5-15 shows its not working.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers