ImageImageImage

Tom Moore 3.0

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

tmoore
Head Coach
And1: 109

Re: Tom Moore 3.0 

Post#2321 » by tmoore » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:49 am

Warriors are already on the flight home ...

1-for-14 to start third quarter after allowing 71 first-half points.
tmoore
Head Coach

Post#2322 » by tmoore » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:17 am

Iguodala logged 35 minutes despite bruised ribs that occurred in the first minute. X-rays were negative. He’s not scheduled to practice today in preparation for Wednesday’s home meeting with the Cavaliers and is listed as day-to-day.

Sounds like Holiday could continue to start, though Jordan wouldn't say for sure.

Brand on coming off the bench: "He knows I’ll be professional and won’t be a detriment to the team. When you look around at other teams, it is (hard to not be a starter). No disrespect, but, I mean, Mikki Moore is starting (and I’m not)."
tmoore
Head Coach

Post#2323 » by tmoore » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:22 am

Jordan: "I hate changing the lineup. It’s a sensitive subject. I think you have to show confidence in the people you start."
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#2324 » by freshie2 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:36 am

tmoore wrote:Iguodala logged 35 minutes despite bruised ribs that occurred in the first minute. X-rays were negative. He’s not scheduled to practice today in preparation for Wednesday’s home meeting with the Cavaliers and is listed as day-to-day.

Sounds like Holiday could continue to start, though Jordan wouldn't say for sure.

Brand on coming off the bench: "He knows I’ll be professional and won’t be a detriment to the team. When you look around at other teams, it is (hard to not be a starter). No disrespect, but, I mean, Mikki Moore is starting (and I’m not)."

If Brand could put together a nice run before the trade deadline, maybe they can get a deal done. I can't see him as a permanent starter here moving forward, and if you could get something for him it would be nice.
Mojo7
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#2325 » by Mojo7 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:47 am

tmoore wrote:Iguodala logged 35 minutes despite bruised ribs that occurred in the first minute. X-rays were negative. He’s not scheduled to practice today in preparation for Wednesday’s home meeting with the Cavaliers and is listed as day-to-day.

I can understand, Brand. Unfortunately, you are playing for New Jack Nellie, who sees Traditional Bigs as players to keep the bench from floating away
Kevin12
Banned User

Post#2326 » by Kevin12 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:59 am

And yet Mikki Moore only has 4/10's less of a win share total than Elton Brand.

Keep talkin Elton!
83SixersRocked
Head Coach
And1: 609

Post#2327 » by 83SixersRocked » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:12 pm

You don't think Brand should be starting?
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,954

Post#2328 » by Foshan » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:45 pm

Given actual playing time tonight Brand would have put up amazing numbers, and *gasp* probably made other teams take notice of him... but heaven forbid we do something like that.

I'd MUCH rather have 16M on our bench for the next 4 yrs then try to increase his value for another team to take him.
sec-106
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#2329 » by sec-106 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:14 pm

tmoore wrote:Warriors are already on the flight home ...

1-for-14 to start third quarter after allowing 71 first-half points.

Couldn't agree more.....
tmoore
Head Coach

Post#2330 » by tmoore » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:51 pm

Jordan was asked postgame if Iverson is slower than he used to be. "I’m not going to call Allen slow. Let’s wait until he gets into game shape and gets the injury bug behind him."
ChuckS
Bench Warmer
And1: 220

Post#2331 » by ChuckS » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:53 pm

[quote] "And yet Mikki Moore only has 4/10's less of a win share total than Elton Brand."

I may missing some subtlety, but what in hell does that have to do with the price of beans, or the irony of an all-star like Brand sitting, while a journeyman is starting?
doctor him
Assistant Coach
And1: 421

Post#2332 » by doctor him » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:19 pm

Foshan wrote:Given actual playing time tonight Brand would have put up amazing numbers, and *gasp* probably made other teams take notice of him... but heaven forbid we do something like that.

I'd MUCH rather have 16M on our bench for the next 4 yrs then try to increase his value for another team to take him.

Jordan is confusing the hell out of me with his handling of Brand. It seems like he has no time for him and has designated him as the fall guy for this season.

Ok...he wouldn't be the first boss to do that.

But...(and this is called strategery Mr. Jordan)...if you want Brand gone and you think that your grand plans work better with Elton in another city, then...for my pity's sake...if this team is going to be terrible this year (stop the "We can make the playoffs and anything can happen dreams") then you showcase Brand for the trade deadline and hope there is a team that is close enough and desparate enough to consider him the final piece.

Like a Cleveland (may not be the best fit, but works for an example) who are trying to put a winner together before Lebron packs up the family truckster for NYC. Maybe you can get them to swallow Brand for big Z? Or a S&T for Wally World.

Maybe it's a tough sell because of the contract, but it's an impossible sale if you don't put Brand on the court and run some stuff through him to showcase him.

Maybe it's not the "Princeton way" to win, but it is likely the best long term plan (Like something with a horizon longer than the end of the week. That would be a refreshing change.)
Kevin12
Banned User

Post#2333 » by Kevin12 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:19 pm

*former All Star

A player doesn't need to start to have a big impact on the game. Elton Brand just doesn't care about big picture.
Mojo7
Pro Prospect

Post#2334 » by Mojo7 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:55 pm

Kevin12 wrote:*former All Star

A player doesn't need to start to have a big impact on the game. Elton Brand just doesn't care about big picture.

Jordan's big picture features him winning 7 of his last 38 games. His approaches don't work, have not worked, will not work, unless he coaches an all-star team
Kevin12
Banned User

Post#2335 » by Kevin12 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:02 pm

Don't you mean winning 7 of his last 38 games?

and.............................

Missing his best scorers on those respective teams. (Williams, Arenas, Speights).

AND NOT HAVING A FREAKING PG FOR HIS TEAM

HOW MANY OF THOSE 31 LOSSES HAS EDDIE JORDAN HAD HIS STARTING PG????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Mojo7
Pro Prospect

Post#2336 » by Mojo7 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:36 pm

Kevin12 wrote:Don't you mean winning 7 of his last 38 games?

and.............................

Missing his best scorers on those respective teams. (Williams, Arenas, Speights).

AND NOT HAVING A FREAKING PG FOR HIS TEAM

HOW MANY OF THOSE 31 LOSSES HAS EDDIE JORDAN HAD HIS STARTING PG????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Are u kidding? Excuses?

Okay, so he's won less games over that time period then Det has won this season alone with a new coach, during a time when they missed 5 of the top 8 players on the team(Hamilton, Prince, Villanueva, Gordon, Bynum) for stretches this season. Their new coach has only had the projected starting lineup on the floor for Opening night. Yet, he's had more success then EJ.

New Orleans fired their coach and lost Chris Paul for 8 games, they went 4-4. 2 less games than EJ has won all season, including beating quality teams like Phoenix and ATL w/o Paul.

Sacramento has a new coach and is missing their best player and leading scorer from a lottery team with a rookie point guard, yet they have 10 wins already, while playing in the West.

Houston has 2X as many wins as Jordan right now with Trevor freaking Ariza as their primary scoring threat and missing 2 of the top 4 players from last years team that extended the Lakers to the limit.

Yet, you are willing to excuse Jordan's ineptness due to him lacking his "pg"? There have been numerous teams that have lost far more talent in player-injuries then Jordan has suffered this season. The Nets would have gleefully cackled if you said they'd lose only their 6th man and the projected 4th option on offense(per Jordan, himself).

The fact is that Jordan is a losing coach because he is a horrid defensive coach who runs a perimeter-oriented offense that needs to get hot in order to win for the most part. Since offense, especially perimeter offense, can be streaky or even flighty, that's why Jordan has a losing record and will continue to do so. His teams suck on D, primarily due to his rotations, schemes and love of small ball. He is the New Nellie, point blank.
9th Wonder
Assistant Coach
And1: 197

Post#2337 » by 9th Wonder » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:40 pm

Can't really say much more than that. Very good post.
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#2338 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:43 pm

Kevin12: EJ Apologist? Who would've thunk.
Mojo7
Pro Prospect

Post#2339 » by Mojo7 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:43 pm

9th Wonder wrote:Can't really say much more than that. Very good post.

Thanks.

I just cannot understand why people are letting this guy get away with the injuries/missing players excuse. Teams lose players and adapt, you don't have to fall off the map as a result. In this city in the past decade alone, Brown got a team that was practically a MASH unit all the way to the Finals. Not only that, but AI missed 11 regular season games that year, and the Sixers went 6-5 while missing the MVP. They won as many games w/o AI as Jordan's Sixers have won all year!

Michael Jordan retired on the eve of training camp, the Bulls replaced him with Pete Myers(otherwise known as "Who?"), and lost 2 less games.

The reason why those teams did not fall off as much as expected is because they had a defensive mindset. When Jordan left for baseball, the Bulls went from an elite offensive team(2nd) to an average offensive team(14th) per off rating. They held their ground by remaining an elite defensive team, even improving somewhat (7th in 93 at 106.1, 6th in 94 at 102.7).

Brown's teams were always defensively focused, so they simply locked down even more when they missed any scoring from the lineup.

Eddie Jordan's teams have always sucked on D. I'll say it again, Jordan has never had a team ranked higher then 19th in defensive efficiency, ever. Defense is the constant upon which good teams are built. It is a very rare team that can win at a high level while sucking that badly on D. You'd have to be PHENOMENAL on offense to overcome that on a nightly basis. Even Nash's 60-win Suns teams were ranked no lower than 13th(106.7) & 17th(107.1) on D while running the league's top offenses(114.5 & 113.9).
tmoore
Head Coach

Post#2340 » by tmoore » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:18 pm

Asked if he's concluded Iguodala at the 2 and Young at 3 is out of position for them, Jordan said, "With our record, I haven't come to any conclusions. I'm leaning that way. I like the fact that we have guards that can make plays at a higher ratio than the other backcourt we have. I like Andre and Thad (at forward) running out in a straight line to the basket. Ed (Stefanski) and I were talking -- it's like throwing a long bomb in football. Get it out ahead and let's go."

Return to Philadelphia 76ers