ImageImageImage

NBA Playoffs Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,211

Re: NBA Playoffs Thread 

Post#261 » by mjkvol » Wed May 15, 2024 1:54 am

Is anyone really surprised the Knicks are rolling tonight? Good chance this series is over in 6.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,869

Post#262 » by 76ciology » Wed May 15, 2024 4:19 am

Suddenly Wolves look like Wolves, while Nuggets look like Nuggets.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#263 » by 76ciology » Wed May 15, 2024 4:33 am

Jokic taking over. The difference with him and Embiid is Jokic is anti-fragile. Jokic gets better with pressure.

Jokic just delivered a knockout punch to Gobert and the Wolves, maybe for the series.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 652

Post#264 » by brannigan73 » Wed May 15, 2024 5:11 am

Its a bad nite in mudville. Paging Shaq! All the ignorami that were all over Jokic and the Nuggets when the wolves were up 2-0 and crying about Jokic winning another MVP are retreating faster then France in world war 2. This is why Jokic is better then Embiid. He plays more within himself and is always available and healthy when it matters. He doesnt have the valleys that Embiid does. Embiid is an all time great he is also the second best center in the NBA.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,662

Post#265 » by eyeatoma » Wed May 15, 2024 5:58 am

Taking this down, as it wasn't my intent to insult other communities. If I hurt anyone by that comment, I apologize profoundly.

I was just sharing my frustration about the adulation that Jokic gets, and how things could have been different if Embiid were never hurt.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
76ciology
RealGM

Post#266 » by 76ciology » Wed May 15, 2024 6:19 am

[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=bJcUtOCSwzTqqyZgysWpbQ[/x]

Jokic’s scoring doesn’t rely on help from the refs, so he doesn’t need to adjust from the regular season to the playoffs. The more pressure you put on him, the easier it is for him to get the ball to his open teammates. This is something Embiid could learn.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#267 » by eyeatoma » Wed May 15, 2024 6:21 am

76ciology wrote:[x]
Read on Twitter

Jokic’s scoring doesn’t rely on help from the refs, so he doesn’t need to adjust from the regular season to the playoffs. The more pressure you put on him, the easier it is for him to get the ball to his open teammates. This is something Embiid could learn.
He did this year. Our team sucked in hitting open shots and he was hurt again.

76ciology
RealGM

Post#268 » by 76ciology » Wed May 15, 2024 6:22 am

eyeatoma wrote:Gb sucking off Jokic like he's got the last dick in the world. Would be nice for Joel to shut their mouths once and for all.

This is the greatest hijinx in NBA history. The dude is amazing but Embiid is better and schools him everytime.

What's worse is that that dodo Gobert is a multi dpoy winner while Embiid has destroyed him every time he's played.

What a terrible outcome for us these last 10 years.

I believe both Jokic and Embiid can learn from each other as they are both great players. Fans can be emotional, so it's important to learn how to disregard the noise to find peace in life.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#269 » by 76ciology » Wed May 15, 2024 6:28 am

eyeatoma wrote:
76ciology wrote:[x]
Read on Twitter

He did this year. Our team sucked in hitting open shots and he was hurt again.

I think Embiid did a great job being a distributor this season, but his scoring relies too much on the refs blowing their whistle. He needs to adjust and learn how to score more effectively in a playoff setting. I recall in Game 7 of the Celtics series where he eventually tried to take it inside, but Al just forced him to score with his left, which he struggled with. Jokic, on the other hand, has a much better hook shot and floater, which Embiid could learn from.

Nothing against Embiid. I still believe he's the player who can lead us to the promised land, and part of that process is becoming a better player and being in a better situation to perform at his best.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#270 » by 76ciology » Wed May 15, 2024 7:36 am

Why we should invest on our PF. Its gonna counter the double big scheme that Embiid struggles with.

[x]
Read on Twitter
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,954

Post#271 » by Foshan » Wed May 15, 2024 8:32 am

Yeah, seeing a cutting back door dunking PF, and athletic wings either cutting to dunk or leaking out… sigh, if only we could play with 5 players too
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#272 » by eyeatoma » Wed May 15, 2024 8:34 am

brannigan73 wrote:Its a bad nite in mudville. Paging Shaq! All the ignorami that were all over Jokic and the Nuggets when the wolves were up 2-0 and crying about Jokic winning another MVP are retreating faster then France in world war 2. This is why Jokic is better then Embiid. He plays more within himself and is always available and healthy when it matters. He doesnt have the valleys that Embiid does. Embiid is an all time great he is also the second best center in the NBA.

Wrong, Embiid is just the unluckiest NBA player in the history of the game.
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect
And1: 355

Post#273 » by Jhawk03 » Wed May 15, 2024 8:40 am

76ciology wrote:Why we should invest on our PF. Its gonna counter the double big scheme that Embiid struggles with.

[x]
Read on Twitter

I honestly feel as if someone like Zion would be the ultimate equalizer that would allow Joel to fully tap in to that inner Jokic phenomenon that everyone seems to be obsessed with.
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect

Post#274 » by Jhawk03 » Wed May 15, 2024 8:56 am

eyeatoma wrote:Gb sucking off Jokic like he's got the last dick in the world. Would be nice for Joel to shut their mouths once and for all.

This is the greatest hijinx in NBA history. The dude is amazing but Embiid is better and schools him everytime.

What's worse is that that dodo Gobert is a multi dpoy winner while Embiid has destroyed him every time he's played.

I hope I'm allowed to say this, but the truth of the matter is that you're right in part... mostly, I wish Joel grew up in the states. Without having to write an essay about it, he would react to the "Jokic hijinx" a whole lot differently if he grew up in America.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#275 » by eyeatoma » Wed May 15, 2024 8:59 am

Jhawk03 wrote:

I hope I'm allowed to say this, but the truth of the matter is that you're right in part... mostly, I wish Joel grew up in the states. Without having to write an essay about it, he would react to the "Jokic hijinx" a whole lot differently if he grew up in America.

f

Interesting take, care to delve deeper on what you mean by that?
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect

Post#276 » by Jhawk03 » Wed May 15, 2024 9:11 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Jhawk03 wrote:

f

I have no problem with giving my thesis statement, there's an underlying racial motive that everyone and yet no one wants/likes/or feels convenient to address. If Joel grew up in the states, this racial motive would be a driving force for him... it would cause a chain reaction in his development, reasoning, adaptation, drive, motivation, etc considering his equal is freaking Nikola Jokic.

Like I said, I don't want to write about it, but Joel sorely missed growing up in the states.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#277 » by eyeatoma » Wed May 15, 2024 9:13 am

Jhawk03 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Jhawk03 wrote:

f

I have no problem with giving my thesis statement, there's an underlying racial motive that everyone and yet no one wants/likes/or feels convenient to address. If Joel grew up in the states, this racial motive would be a driving force for him... it would cause a chain reaction in his development, reasoning, adaptation, drive, motivation, etc considering his equal is freaking Nikola Jokic.

Like I said, I don't want to write about it, but Joel sorely missed growing up in the states.

YOu're saying he would take the **** that the US has with racism, and use it as fuel? Still not sure I follow.
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect

Post#278 » by Jhawk03 » Wed May 15, 2024 9:19 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Jhawk03 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:f

YOu're saying he would take the **** that the US has with racism, and use it as fuel? Still not sure I follow.

Ok, think about Shaq and the reaction that's developed from his recent comments centered around Jokic. Then realize that you're trying to get a literal essay from me when I don't have the energy to fully dive into essay mode.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#279 » by eyeatoma » Wed May 15, 2024 9:21 am

Jhawk03 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Jhawk03 wrote:

Ok, think about Shaq and the reaction that's developed from his recent comments centered around Jokic. Then realize that you're trying to get a literal essay from me when I don't have the energy to fully dive into essay mode.

Haha fair enough, although you can PM me man, I'm intrigued by this conversation.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 17,032

Post#280 » by Stanford » Wed May 15, 2024 9:49 am

Wolves blew it. And their fans are going to say "it's alright, we have so much time." It goes by so fast, 'sotars. Take it from me.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers