NBA Playoffs Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,211

Re: NBA Playoffs Thread 

Post#281 » by mjkvol » Wed May 15, 2024 11:42 am

76ciology wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Gb sucking off Jokic like he's got the last dick in the world. Would be nice for Joel to shut their mouths once and for all.

This is the greatest hijinx in NBA history. The dude is amazing but Embiid is better and schools him everytime.

What's worse is that that dodo Gobert is a multi dpoy winner while Embiid has destroyed him every time he's played.

What a terrible outcome for us these last 10 years.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

I believe both Jokic and Embiid can learn from each other as they are both great players. Fans can be emotional, so it's important to learn how to disregard the noise to find peace in life.

Or just stay the hell off of the GB and social media. People just have a masochism that is hard to understand - they know exactly what you're going to encounter on those sites, they know those people aren't interested in anything besides gutter trash talk, and yet they keep going back.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 18,027

Post#282 » by Mik317 » Wed May 15, 2024 1:35 pm

Jokic is damn good and thats ok.

Denver has built a squad around him that covers his weaknesses but dude is just good lol.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,643

Post#283 » by Jailblazers7 » Wed May 15, 2024 1:59 pm

Turns out everyone’s initial reactions to the Gobert trade were probably right. They are a great regular season team built around defense but their playoff potential is capped by Gobert’s inability to defend in space.

Jokic is absolutely the best player in the world. No shame in Embiid being #2 to an all time great.
Mik317
RealGM

Post#284 » by Mik317 » Wed May 15, 2024 3:01 pm

they had their best game without him lol
#NeverGonnaBeGood
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,728

Post#285 » by FireMorey » Wed May 15, 2024 3:15 pm

It also helps that Jokic isn't dealing with torn up knees every playoff run.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,857

Post#286 » by the_process » Wed May 15, 2024 3:29 pm

Minnesota was best in Game 2 without Gobert.

They really had Denver shook. But you have to knock the champ out, and they just do not have quite enough firepower to do so.
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,643

Post#287 » by Jailblazers7 » Wed May 15, 2024 4:36 pm

the_process wrote:Minnesota was best in Game 2 without Gobert.

They really had Denver shook. But you have to knock the champ out, and they just do not have quite enough firepower to do so.

Game 4 was the one they had to win given Ant’s performance but KAT was awful in that game.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#288 » by mjkvol » Thu May 16, 2024 2:54 pm

I know everyone saw the performance, but this 2-minute condensed look at the game Jokic had is truly remarkable. Forget the garbage on the GB or wherever, but this pretty much defines his greatness in a nutshell.

Read on Twitter
?
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#289 » by mjkvol » Thu May 16, 2024 9:39 pm

I'm very much rooting for Dallas to get to the WCF. Nothing against OKC, who are a fun team that will have their day, but I'd love to see two teams built the way I'd like to see the Sixers built in the conference finals.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,276

Post#290 » by Kobblehead » Thu May 16, 2024 11:35 pm

Luka Doncic is the best basketball player ever born so it would be cool to see him win a championship at 24.
Iverson Armband
Starter
And1: 1,623

Post#291 » by Iverson Armband » Fri May 17, 2024 12:50 am

eyeatoma wrote:Gb sucking off Jokic like he's got the last dick in the world. Would be nice for Joel to shut their mouths once and for all.

This is the greatest hijinx in NBA history. The dude is amazing but Embiid is better and schools him everytime.

What's worse is that that dodo Gobert is a multi dpoy winner while Embiid has destroyed him every time he's played.

Lol what a loser post.

Nobody “hi-jinxed” anything. What happened was, Embiid got hurt, per usual while Jokic has stepped up again as his team faced some adversity. And here you are… feeling sorry for Embiid and worried about head to head matchups in the regular season instead of championships.
always a jump shot away.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,662

Post#292 » by eyeatoma » Fri May 17, 2024 1:16 am

Iverson Armband wrote:

Lol what a loser post.

Nobody “hi-jinxed” anything. What happened was, Embiid got hurt, per usual while Jokic has stepped up again as his team faced some adversity. And here you are… feeling sorry for Embiid and worried about head to head matchups in the regular season instead of championships.

You've had a stick up your ass about Embiid for the last few years. The GB goes ape **** over Jokic and uses every moment possible to **** on Embiid. I'm just telling it like it is. Jokic has played great, but he's also been incredibly lucky with no injuries, and a cake playoff run last year, and this year.

All I'm saying is, if it were an even playing field, and Embiid were healthy this would be a different story. Just funny how things work out, I'm allowed to vent especially on my own board.
Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,104

Post#293 » by Embiid P » Fri May 17, 2024 1:40 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Iverson Armband wrote:

Lol what a loser post.

You've had a stick up your ass about Embiid for the last few years. The GB goes ape **** over Jokic and uses every moment possible to **** on Embiid. I'm just telling it like it is. Jokic has played great, but he's also been incredibly lucky with no injuries, and a cake playoff run last year, and this year.

All I'm saying is, if it were an even playing field, and Embiid were healthy this would be a different story. Just funny how things work out, I'm allowed to vent especially on my own board.

Who cares about what the GB thinks? I haven't been over there in years. I suggest you do the same for your health. Unfortunately the reality is that Embiid is almost never healthy come the playoffs for many reasons from poor genetics, to his reckless style of play to simply terrible luck and overuse during the regular season.

Of all of these factors, the one that is easiest to change is overuse which would be alleviated by acquiring another reliable scorer besides Maxey who can carry the load when he sits.
Iverson Armband
Starter

Post#294 » by Iverson Armband » Fri May 17, 2024 1:42 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Iverson Armband wrote:

Lol what a loser post.

Being hurt every year is not unlucky. Hell, he was hurt TWICE before he even played one goddamn game in the NBA. The man is a great regular season player who is always hurt and doesn’t elevate his game in the playoffs. It sucks, but it is what it is. Not saying he’s a bum or that we should trade him, but just because he’s our star doesn’t mean we need to sugarcoat everything and downplay others success.

Saying Jokic has cake playoff runs is embarrassing; considering the Sixers “runs” always last either 1 or two series max before they lose to…. a cake team. Famously lead by Trae Young’s Hawks or a Knicks team who’s second best player is Josh Hart :lol:
always a jump shot away.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#295 » by eyeatoma » Fri May 17, 2024 2:30 am

Iverson Armband wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Iverson Armband wrote:Lol what a loser post.

Being hurt every year is not unlucky. Hell, he was hurt TWICE before he even played one goddamn game in the NBA. The man is a great regular season player who is always hurt and doesn’t elevate his game in the playoffs. It sucks, but it is what it is. Not saying he’s a bum or that we should trade him, but just because he’s our star doesn’t mean we need to sugarcoat everything and downplay others success.

Saying Jokic has cake playoff runs is embarrassing; considering the Sixers “runs” always last either 1 or two series max before they lose to…. a cake team. Famously lead by Trae Young’s Hawks or a Knicks team who’s second best player is Josh Hart :lol:

Knicks are not a cake team, neither were the Celtics last year. Not sure what you're talking about.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,857

Post#296 » by the_process » Fri May 17, 2024 2:39 am

Minnesota putting yet another beat down on Denver, this time with the liability Gobert in there. They need one more piece and they are going to be a real problem for the next decade.
Iverson Armband
Starter

Post#297 » by Iverson Armband » Fri May 17, 2024 2:48 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Iverson Armband wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Knicks are not a cake team, neither were the Celtics last year. Not sure what you're talking about.

Then neither is Minnesota or the Suns. So no idea what you’re talking about either.
always a jump shot away.
Mik317
RealGM

Post#298 » by Mik317 » Fri May 17, 2024 3:12 am

the key to beating Denver really is just hoping their others don't go off. You shut down Murray and you have a shot...the issue is that Jokic may be able to solo you enough and if one of their shooters get hot...it will be enough lol.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#299 » by eyeatoma » Fri May 17, 2024 3:57 am

Iverson Armband wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Iverson Armband wrote:Being hurt every year is not unlucky. Hell, he was hurt TWICE before he even played one goddamn game in the NBA. The man is a great regular season player who is always hurt and doesn’t elevate his game in the playoffs. It sucks, but it is what it is. Not saying he’s a bum or that we should trade him, but just because he’s our star doesn’t mean we need to sugarcoat everything and downplay others success.

Then neither is Minnesota or the Suns. So no idea what you’re talking about either.

Minnesota was not ready last year, and were trounced. The Suns were terrible last year.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,869

Post#300 » by 76ciology » Fri May 17, 2024 6:08 am

The Mavs vs. Thunder series is highly entertaining; it reminds me of those Heat vs. Spurs or Heat vs. OKC matches, where both teams attack 1v1 or 2v2, then lob to bigs or swing to open shooters. This style is highly contrasting to the Nuggets vs. Wolves series.

There are many ways to build a team, and one way is to follow the Mavs' approach. Maxey can learn from Kyrie, who excels in the mid-range area, a part of Maxey’s game that is missing. Embiid can learn from Luka, who stays in the flow and doesn't foul bait as much or complain to the refs, focusing his energy on shot-making.

The Mavs have surrounded their top two players with lengthy shooters who carry most of the defensive workload, allowing Kyrie and Luka to conserve energy for offense.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers