ImageImageImage

Game 4: Sixers (1-2) vs. Knicks (2-1) | Sun Apr 28 1:00 PM (EST) TV: ABC

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Place your bets, gentlemen (unless you play for one of these teams)!

Poll ended at Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:28 pm

PHI - 5
70%
NYK +5
20%
PHI ML (-190)
10%
NYK ML (+160)
No votes

Total votes: 10

epics2002
Senior
And1: 94

Re: Game 4: Sixers (1-2) vs. Knicks (2-1) | Sun Apr 28 1:00 PM (EST) TV: ABC 

Post#341 » by epics2002 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:10 pm

76ciology wrote:Huge miscalculation by Nurse to play Embiid 32 straight minutes

No. Sixers implode when he steps off the floor
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,856

Post#342 » by the_process » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:10 pm

As for this team going forward, they need more offense. If Lowry comes back next year, it is strictly as a backup point guard 12-15 minutes a night and no more. Nurse needs to understand and acknowledge that or else you do not bring Lowry back. Oubre has earned his MLE money if they stay over the cap. Hield should be gone, as well as Reed, who will now be unguaranteed. I have to assume Batum is still retiring. And if Melton will take a vet min, bring him back, otherwise bye Felicia.

EDIT: Also Nurse needs to stop burning his guys out in the regular season. Less starter minutes, more bench minutes.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#343 » by Bum Adebayo » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:11 pm

I mean, at some point we need to move on, is this "overreaction" or something? it's been since 2018 that our superstar has been a failure year after year after year. Of course, first years it was understandable, lack of experience and maturity. But it's been 7 years in Playoffs with Embiid as our best player, how many more years do we need to finallly understand it doesn't work?
brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 652

Post#344 » by brannigan73 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:11 pm

We need to take a minute and bash that fat slob M0rey. He didnt do crap at the trade dealine. Buddy Hield is a loser who had never played in a playoff game before and swapped Beverley for a worse player. He passed on trying to get in for OG or Siakam two guys that would have helped a lot. Instead he put all his eggs into the offseason basket. If he is wrong about the new CBA making teams itchy he is going to have a hard time remaking this roster into a championship contender. I honestly dont want anybody but Embiid and Maxey back and I dont know how you add ten players lol. I could probably tolerate Batum and Lowry on cheap one year contracts with Kyle being expected to never play more then about 15 minutes a game. Let the anticipation for the magical offseason by one of the most overrated front office people in all of sport begin!
NYSixersFan
Analyst
And1: 1,609

Post#345 » by NYSixersFan » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:12 pm

Don't understand at the refusal to try Reed with Embiid
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,868

Post#346 » by 76ciology » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:13 pm

epics2002 wrote:

Part of it is because we tried Melton in today’s game. The margin looked big early on, that it looked like its one of those game we can play the Melton card. But it did a lot of damage looking back.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager

Post#347 » by Bum Adebayo » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:13 pm

It's true this supporting cast outside of Maxey is mediocre to say the least. But this 4th quarter is entirely on Embiid, and it has been a constant in all his playoffs series, this dude is basically done by 4th quarter, your superstar cannot disappear when you need him the most.
Your superstar needs to lead by example, so that teammates follow him. Our 4th quarter collapses are mostly about Embiid showing loser energy on the court, displaying the wrong emotions and grabbing his knees while gasping for air, while of course rebounding nothing and scoring nothing.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,662

Post#348 » by eyeatoma » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:13 pm

stormi wrote:
Mik317 wrote:i swear some of yall are more happy when we lose than when we win.

This post from the person who made a thread titled

"Negadelphian Nancy Thread of Getting the dark thoughts out into the world."

While we were coming off of an 8 game winning streak; and in said thread where you said we'd lose to the Heat in the play-in?

Get off the grandstand.

Gotta say this is Philly sports in general. People are so jaded they expect things to go wrong. It's why the crowd was dominated by Knicks fans and were giving Brunson MVP chants. I get Mik wanted to write that post, but the Mods should have shut that **** down immediately IMO. Right before the playoffs and whole thread on why **** will go wrong. Come the **** on. Then you have idiots like Ferry and Bum on this ****, gdoing the whole told you so shctick the moment things go south. No wonder this place is a ghost town now.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,211

Post#349 » by mjkvol » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:13 pm

Agree 100%, and I thought it at the time. I'll take my chances trying to hold the fort for 3-4 minutes between the 3rd and 4th rather than have a shot Embiid for the last 8-9 minutes of the game, where we're resorting to running top of the key actions with Lowry and Maxey.

A few observations:

1. Not sitting Embiid was fatal. Period.

2. The Knicks badly outfought us down the stretch, those offensive rebounds absolutely crushed us. Pure effort, nothing more and nothing less - they just wanted the game more.

3. I'm fine with Brunson getting his, because he's going to get his. But once again we left the 3-pt. line open, and that surge of 3's they hit while we were missing was the turning point, completely changed the momentum of the game which we never recovered. 2's won't kill you but a string of 3's are often game changers, and they were today.

4. A lot had to do with Embiid being done, but the offense down the stretch was ridiculous, and that's on Nick. I actually checked to see if Glenn hadn't snuck in for a moment. And we missed a ton of wide open 3's in the 4th, including a few from Maxey that are usually cash money.

Having said all that, unless the Sixers check out this series is not over. The Knicks have played as well as they can, and every game still goes to the wire. Find a way to steal game 5, and who knows?
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,104

Post#350 » by Embiid P » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:15 pm

As much as people want to blame Embiid, he has still never played a playoff series without both Ben Simmons or Tobias Harris. I'd love to see how he plays when both of them are no longer on the team. (Hint..hint...)
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,211

Post#351 » by mjkvol » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:16 pm

Oh, and one more point:

Please don't feed the trolls! They live for any attention.

I have both on ignore, and if not for responses to their idiocy, the thread flows nicely.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,449

Post#352 » by Murray_17 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:16 pm

eyeatoma wrote:

Gotta say this is Philly sports in general. People are so jaded they expect things to go wrong. It's why the crowd was dominated by Knicks fans and were giving Brunson MVP chants. I get Mik wanted to write that post, but the Mods should have shut that **** down immediately IMO. Right before the playoffs and whole thread on why **** will go wrong. Come the **** on. Then you have idiots like Ferry and Bum on this ****, gdoing the whole told you so shctick the moment things go south. No wonder this place is a ghost town now.

Bum was caught using a burner, which never again posted after users started calling him out, and then started posting as himself again.

And yet, somehow, nothing happened to him. Just funny stuff
the_process
RealGM

Post#353 » by the_process » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:17 pm

FireMorey wrote:Sixers will win game 5 and get everyone's hope up again. Never thought they were going to win this series. Embiid is a shell of himself and the rest of the roster is made up of try-hards and overachieving old guys or bench guys. This team wasn't that great and their regular season record wasn't sustainable. Yes, they win this series if Embiid is 100% healthy, but he's not(and never is) and even if they won this series, they are not good enough to go to the Finals. Maybe they could go to the ECF but only because Giannis is hurt.

Everyone here knows what... or rather I should say who the problem is, but for some reason a lot of people are still afraid to fully get on board with saying it. I suspect once that problem gives a 34 year old declining Paul George a max contract this summer, then people will finally be on board fully.

Morey has been underwhelming for sure, but he didn’t draft or develop Embiid.

I can’t believe Jo is going to follow up yet another injury riddled short playoff run by going to the Olympics. Does he make it through the Olympics, or get hurt there as well and then miss the start of next regular season? This is a concern we have to have.
the_process
RealGM

Post#354 » by the_process » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:18 pm

Murray_17 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Bum was caught using a burner, which never again posted after users started calling him out, and then started posting as himself again.

There’s another agenda guy here who has been using an alt account lately. Agreeing with himself and all.
epics2002
Senior
And1: 94

Post#355 » by epics2002 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:18 pm

76ciology wrote:
epics2002 wrote:

Part of it is because we tried Melton in today’s game. The margin looked big early on, that it looked like its one of those game we can play the Melton card. But it did a lot of damage looking back.

You make a good point about today but the Knicks wipe the floor with Sixers when Embiid sits been that way the whole series.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,662

Post#356 » by eyeatoma » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:18 pm

Murray_17 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

THIS!
RussellandFlow
Bench Warmer
And1: 923
Location: San Francisco born & raised, Pacific Northwest living

Post#357 » by RussellandFlow » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:18 pm

So is Paul George the "prize' Daryl will be chasing this summer?
Bum Adebayo
General Manager

Post#358 » by Bum Adebayo » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:19 pm

Embiid 4th quarter highlights:

Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,104

Post#359 » by Embiid P » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:19 pm

the_process wrote:
FireMorey wrote:Sixers will win game 5 and get everyone's hope up again. Never thought they were going to win this series. Embiid is a shell of himself and the rest of the roster is made up of try-hards and overachieving old guys or bench guys. This team wasn't that great and their regular season record wasn't sustainable. Yes, they win this series if Embiid is 100% healthy, but he's not(and never is) and even if they won this series, they are not good enough to go to the Finals. Maybe they could go to the ECF but only because Giannis is hurt.

Everyone here knows what... or rather I should say who the problem is, but for some reason a lot of people are still afraid to fully get on board with saying it. I suspect once that problem gives a 34 year old declining Paul George a max contract this summer, then people will finally be on board fully.

Morey has been underwhelming for sure, but he didn’t draft or develop Embiid.

I can’t believe Jo is going to follow up yet another injury riddled short playoff run by going to the Olympics. Does he make it through the Olympics, or get hurt there as well and then miss the start of next regular season? This is a concern we have to have.

If he does that, Josh Harris should fire him on the spot. But he probably won't because Commanders and all.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,991

Post#360 » by ankle420breaker » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:20 pm

Embiid P wrote:As much as people want to blame Embiid, he has still never played a playoff series without both Ben Simmons or Tobias Harris. I'd love to see how he plays when both of them are no longer on the team. (Hint..hint...)
Shrinks in big playoff games. Joel had the best seat in the house this afternoon (his house by the way) to watch all 400 of the Knicks offensive rebounds. This isn't debatable anymore.

Sent from my SM-S901U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Philadelphia 76ers