G2 4/22 730PM Sixers @ Knicks

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,850

Re: G2 4/22 730PM Sixers @ Knicks 

Post#421 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:57 am

76ciology wrote:Image

There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,710

Post#422 » by FireMorey » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:58 am

Mik317 wrote:won't have a choice if Lowry's knee is ****

What's wrong with his knee?
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,889

Post#423 » by stormi » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:59 am

Negrodamus wrote:
76ciology wrote:[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=bJcUtOCSwzTqqyZgysWpbQ[/x]

I’m still wondering if there’s something wrong with his eyes, lol.

Well there's two things.

It could be Lagophthalmos, the inability to blink and effectively close the eyes after degeneration of muscle tissue.

Aka mechanical trauma potentially caused by the scarring of soft tissues (his knee).

Or, he was popped in the orbital bone again. He was constantly battling with that eye after something happened in game 1 that I wasn't able to catch. He was rubbing it and blinking awkwardly after that.

Just Joel things.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#424 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:01 am

76ciology wrote:
76ciology wrote:Image

[x]
Read on Twitter
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,577

Post#425 » by GoSixersBro » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:08 am

ivysixer2000 wrote:In classic fashion, we found a way to lose. No way we should've lost after that Maxey 3.

I don't really have much to say about this loss or this team. Our others brought nothing, and Jojo is hurt. We should've lost, and still almost won. The others should be better in Philly, they got nowhere to go but up.

Disagree. This can get worse if one of Maxey or Embiid don’t show up in Game 3 bc you know damn well no one else on this roster can/will shoulder the scoring load.

In my personal opinion however I think we defend homecourt and make it 2-2, then everyone on this forum will be talking about the conference finals again lol.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,710

Post#426 » by FireMorey » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:08 am

Read on Twitter

About time they had some self respect and stood up to themselves when the league has screwed them over for years. Don't think it'll do much though because of the aforementioned point.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,403

Post#427 » by Murray_17 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:09 am

FireMorey wrote:
Mik317 wrote:won't have a choice if Lowry's knee is ****

What's wrong with his knee?

He went to the bench limping after the bs of the last play.

I think it was just a cramp
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,388

Post#428 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:23 am

76ciology wrote:To be fair to the players who had Jontay Porter suspended, these refs should also get some accountability.

Question bro

First I blamed Nurse , then I rewind and it was clear Nurse was calling a time out twice ( and one other guy to his left , prob assistant coach ) and twice he was totally ignored

To the question , isn’t against the rules for a coach ( Nurse ) to walk , step in to the floor while calling it ? If he did what would’ve happen at worst ? A technical? Sixers at the time was up 2 so even technical would’ve been a better option

By walking on the floor he would’ve stopped the action which lead to deshmuck three

Feel for you guys , terrible loss
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 18,001

Post#429 » by Mik317 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:25 am

got to play that card....game 3 going to get a lot of calls in response...hopefully Mitchell Robinson doesn't negate it by learning to shoot 4s or some ****.

sad that this is how the NBA works tho....every playoffs the same jack off refs **** up (sometimes in our favor too btw), and then get called out on it and the next game is skewed in the opposite direction. Just an awful product at times
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,625

Post#430 » by Jailblazers7 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:29 am

Knicks worked the refs before the series started & it paid off.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,112

Post#431 » by Negrodamus » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:34 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
76ciology wrote:To be fair to the players who had Jontay Porter suspended, these refs should also get some accountability.

Question bro

First I blamed Nurse , then I rewind and it was clear Nurse was calling a time out twice ( and one other guy to his left , prob assistant coach ) and twice he was totally ignored

To the question , isn’t against the rules for a coach ( Nurse ) to walk , step in to the floor while calling it ? If he did what would’ve happen at worst ? A technical? Sixers at the time was up 2 so even technical would’ve been a better option

By walking on the floor he would’ve stopped the action which lead to deshmuck three

Feel for you guys , terrible loss

It would not be better to take the T because they still missed a shot. Now a competent team would have grabbed the rebound and won the game despite the unfortunate circumstances. Us, however….
Ben
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,850

Post#432 » by Ben » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:40 am

ankle420breaker wrote:**** the officiating claims. Look at our players on that Hartenstein offensive rebound. That's everything. That's why we need to set Maxey aside and take a massive swing at the rest this summer.

Sent from my SM-S901U using RealGM mobile app

This. Yeah, it was a terrible no-call. But the Knicks played like ass all game and the Sixers could/should have won it many ways other than on that last, horribly officiated sequence.

Right now Maxey isn't yet a full NBA #2 star on a title team. He's young, I think he'll grow toward that role, but he's not yet. And Embiid's body makes him a waning #1 star on a title team. We need a #3, and we need him badly. Not a single other player could step up tonight.

Once in a while guys do step up. Oubre has done it sometimes; he sucked terribly tonight. There's a reason why he hasn't gotten bigger, longer term contracts. Batum did it against the Heat, against all probability and expectations, but he couldn't do anything tonight.

Harris-- well, I've defended Harris here sometimes as a guy who-- once his godawful contract had become an expiring deal-- might be reasonably valuable as a 3-and-D guy if he could be re-signed to a reasonable contract, but he's clearly afraid of crunch time and can't be relied upon to save a close game.

Hield had a few good games early after he came here, and since then has shown that he's a spot shooter who has little to no value when he's not "on" from 3.

This year seems done, even if the Sixers somehow manage to rally vs. the Knicks. We don't have the firepower. So who's it going to be in the offseason? Who's going to be that #3, a reliable "dog" scorer who can take over when the top 2 fellas can't do it all by themselves? :dontknow:
NYSixersFan
Analyst
And1: 1,609

Post#433 » by NYSixersFan » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:41 am

We need to have the refs eject Tobias.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,487

Post#434 » by Eyeamok » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:43 am

Some people say Nick Nurse did not call a proper timeout some people say he did. But all season long this team has had issues getting the ball inbound, today it really came back to bite them in their behind.

Good news is Joel played better than I thought he would, bad knee and all. And Thursday seems like a week away. More time for him to heal and for Nurse to work his magic. Step 1 Nurse work on inbound plays. Right now as a 76ers fan it seems like the end of the basketball world but it's not. We lost 2 close games away from home. Now the 76ers need to come home and win the next two and we have a brand new series.

Maxey is really having a baptism by fire type of season. Asked to step in and fill the shoes that James Harden wore, then be the team leader when Joel goes down. Then in the playoffs game 1 have several critical turnovers at the end of the game. Then in game 2 get the ball snatched away from you like a little kid and they score. Then at the end of the game maybe he gets fouled maybe he didn't but it was a rough way to end your night Maxey. But it's all part of his growth process.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

Bring on the draft

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#435 » by Eyeamok » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:48 am

Ben wrote:
ankle420breaker wrote:**** the officiating claims. Look at our players on that Hartenstein offensive rebound. That's everything. That's why we need to set Maxey aside and take a massive swing at the rest this summer.

Sent from my SM-S901U using RealGM mobile app

This. Yeah, it was a terrible no-call. But the Knicks played like ass all game and the Sixers could/should have won it many ways other than on that last, horribly officiated sequence.

Right now Maxey isn't yet a full NBA #2 star on a title team. He's young, I think he'll grow toward that role, but he's not yet. And Embiid's body makes him a waning #1 star on a title team. We need a #3, and we need him badly. Not a single other player could step up tonight.

Once in a while guys do step up. Oubre has done it sometimes; he sucked terribly tonight. There's a reason why he hasn't gotten bigger, longer term contracts. Batum did it against the Heat, against all probability and expectations, but he couldn't do anything tonight.

Harris-- well, I've defended Harris here sometimes as a guy who-- once his godawful contract had become an expiring deal-- might be reasonably valuable as a 3-and-D guy if he could be re-signed to a reasonable contract, but he's clearly afraid of crunch time and can't be relied upon to save a close game.

Hield had a few good games early after he came here, and since then has shown that he's a spot shooter who has little to no value when he's not "on" from 3.

This year seems done, even if the Sixers somehow manage to rally vs. the Knicks. We don't have the firepower. So who's it going to be in the offseason? Who's going to be that #3, a reliable "dog" scorer who can take over when the top 2 fellas can't do it all by themselves? :dontknow:

Pascal Siakam.

What you wrote about Harris is so so true. He is afraid of crunch time. He will become a Piston and be all world because there is no crunch time in Detroit.

Bring on the draft

Marlo
76ciology
RealGM

Post#436 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:51 am

Eyeamok wrote:Some people say Nick Nurse did not call a proper timeout some people say he did. But all season long this team has had issues getting the ball inbound, today it really came back to bite them in their behind.

Good news is Joel played better than I thought he would, bad knee and all. And Thursday seems like a week away. More time for him to heal and for Nurse to work his magic. Step 1 Nurse work on inbound plays. Right now as a 76ers fan it seems like the end of the basketball world but it's not. We lost 2 close games away from home. Now the 76ers need to come home and win the next two and we have a brand new series.

Maxey is really having a baptism by fire type of season. Asked to step in and fill the shoes that James Harden wore, then be the team leader when Joel goes down. Then in the playoffs game 1 have several critical turnovers at the end of the game. Then in game 2 get the ball snatched away from you like a little kid and they score. Then at the end of the game maybe he gets fouled maybe he didn't but it was a rough way to end your night Maxey. But it's all part of his growth process.

And honestly, Knicks doesnt have an answer against us. Its just luck was on their side on G1 while lucks and refs were on their side on G2. If this series is game of 9 or 11, I’d be more confident. It’s just we need to win 4 of the next 5 games against a playoff team that doesnt fold like a first round exit team.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,403

Post#437 » by Murray_17 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:51 am

Ben wrote:

I mean, i understand people still think Maxey is not the guy to be a 2# or to build around after Embiid prime is done.

Weird to say this after he has been the best player in the floor on this series.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,620

Post#438 » by eyeatoma » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:54 am

Read on Twitter
?t=0Ma_ZQ_9SJWJyj7GoVV8Vw&s=19

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
76ciology
RealGM

Post#439 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:55 am

Throughout the season, the Knicks have maintained this level of intensity, accustomed to referees allowing physical play. In Game 1, we seemed surprised by the Knicks' aggressive tactics—pushing, shoving, and aggressively grabbing boards from behind. However, I believe we adjusted well in tonight's game.

It's just that in low-scoring games that these referees aim to enforce, our shortcomings in missed free throws and conceding two three-pointers have a significant impact and negated all the adjustments and executions we made.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#440 » by Eyeamok » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:56 am

76ciology wrote:[x]
Read on Twitter

Well big fella you've still got a chance to go out and prove the 76ers are a better team. Go do it. Game 2 is not getting overturned it is what it is. Already looking forward to Thursday......LFG !

Bring on the draft

Marlo

Return to Philadelphia 76ers