ImageImageImage

Welcome Tyrese Maxey!

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,476

Re: Welcome Tyrese Maxey! 

Post#1441 » by Eyeamok » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:36 pm

phillynative wrote:If Harden is gone can Tyrese take the reigns and give us something like Jamal Murray (combo guard scorer). Jamal is bigger and a better shot creator, the biggest difference being able to keep his dribble alive use his body to shield the ball and rise up from anywhere on the floor. Maxey obviously being quicker can be useful in getting to his spots he has to incorporate better footwork and 2nd, 3rd moves to his arsenal.The hope is that Maxey can continue to develop his on-ball ability, while the sixers new coaching staff can make more use of Maxeys speed both in the halfcourt and full court. I think he can develop a 2 man game with Embiid also with more reps and usage.

Can Maxey get us over the hump?

Very Very nice. Good Job of finding this and posting it.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

Bring on the draft

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,839

Post#1442 » by phillynative » Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:53 am

Eyeamok wrote:
phillynative wrote:If Harden is gone can Tyrese take the reigns and give us something like Jamal Murray (combo guard scorer). Jamal is bigger and a better shot creator, the biggest difference being able to keep his dribble alive use his body to shield the ball and rise up from anywhere on the floor. Maxey obviously being quicker can be useful in getting to his spots he has to incorporate better footwork and 2nd, 3rd moves to his arsenal.The hope is that Maxey can continue to develop his on-ball ability, while the sixers new coaching staff can make more use of Maxeys speed both in the halfcourt and full court. I think he can develop a 2 man game with Embiid also with more reps and usage.

Can Maxey get us over the hump?

Very Very nice. Good Job of finding this and posting it.

Thanks . Looks like it's coming to fruition. It's early but he's put the work in.

They just traded Harden to the clippers too 8-) (middle of the night). So the team has confidence in him.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,886

Post#1443 » by stormi » Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:59 am

Maxey stonks going to heaven. The prodigal son is now on All NBA trajectory.
Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,101

Post#1444 » by Embiid P » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:00 am

So I was doing some research and it looks like Maxey has a good chance to become the biggest steal in franchise history (we have a long history I know) relative to where he was taken in the draft. The only one who comes close is Hal Greer who was drafted 13th in his respective draft.

Edit: I just realized Mo Cheeks is currently the biggest steal in franchise history since he was taken in the second round (36th overall) in 1978. It will be tough for Maxey to surpass that even though he has a chance to become the better overall player.

Dr. J. was also taken 12th overall in his draft even though he obviously wasn't drafted by the Sixers but a strong case could be made for him as the biggest steal to ever play for us.
sodmoraes
Rookie
And1: 557

Post#1445 » by sodmoraes » Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:58 am

sodmoraes wrote:He´s way faster/athletic that i thought he would be and can score easily with that floater. He´s displaying some nice pullup jumpers too. If his jumper improves more he will be an hell of a player...
When i see him being already a better pg than Ben i think we should trade Simmons asap for Harden( with picks) before they notice how limited Simmons is...

I wrote this in Jan 8, 2021( post n# 402). I´m a visionary :lol:
[quote:bba5df4c1f="hornetstime"]jr smith will be out of this league in 2 years, book it.[/quote]
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,066

Post#1446 » by Negrodamus » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:06 am

I feel like his personality has really kept this team afloat through the whole Harden drama. His insane work ethic while being incredibly likable makes him an easy star to get behind.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#1447 » by Bum Adebayo » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:07 am

I don't remember him being able to hit 3s off the dribble smoothly like that before, it's not just percentages or hot streak here, the way he scores is just totally different, amazing improvement.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,066

Post#1448 » by Negrodamus » Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:13 pm

Read on Twitter

You can says we are cursed and have the worst luck, yada yada, but there's absolutely no reason we should have Maxey and there's no reason that the 21st pick in a draft should be as good as he is. It's actually insane that our second star is this guy after we had two 1st overall picks and a plethora of other first round picks since Hinkie became GM.
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,595

Post#1449 » by Jailblazers7 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:48 pm

How long until Morey gets a cringey painting of Maxey to put in his living room?
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,547

Post#1450 » by elchengue20 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:02 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
Read on Twitter

You can says we are cursed and have the worst luck, yada yada, but there's absolutely no reason we should have Maxey and there's no reason that the 21st pick in a draft should be as good as he is. It's actually insane that our second star is this guy after we had two 1st overall picks and a plethora of other first round picks since Hinkie became GM.

The kid energy is unbelievable, he's always positive, confident and has no fear at all. You can't teach that and it's a huge advantage. Also he has a great motor.

On top of that, you can see he has no ego, hes a team player and a very hard worker. Very very rare to find.

I guess the universe wanted some balance and gave us Maxey out of nowhere after all those busts and drama.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,584

Post#1451 » by SixthStreet » Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:10 pm

Everything I needed to know about Maxey's spirit was his disposition after his house fire during Christmas time in his second year. Simply irrepressible spirit with unlimited capacity for empathy and positivity. His parents did a hell of job.

We've probably arrived at the point where our best player no longer has to be the emotional compass for the team because there is a teammate better suited for it and it lifts our ceiling.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,589

Post#1452 » by eyeatoma » Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:51 pm

Read on Twitter
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,595

Post#1453 » by Jailblazers7 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:26 pm

Drew Hanlen better be paying Joel for this sh*t lol
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#1454 » by eyeatoma » Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:48 pm

Jailblazers7 wrote:Drew Hanlen better be paying Joel for this sh*t lol
Lol
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,584

Post#1455 » by SixthStreet » Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:53 am

Who is better today? Maxey or Jalen Brunson? Brunson is 27 so he’s done getting better so Maxey will have a better career but I wonder what the advanced stats say about who is better now.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,204

Post#1456 » by M2J » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:01 am

SixthStreet wrote:Who is better today? Maxey or Jalen Brunson? Brunson is 27 so he’s done getting better so Maxey will have a better career but I wonder what the advanced stats say about who is better now.

Maxey currently has the 7th highest PER in the NBA. Maxey visually is playing better for sure. His efficiency has been off the charts for years, all he needed to prove to me and to the league is that he can be a player that can go and get buckets on his own, and with star attention. HIs handles are so improved, it's insane. Brunson has reached his ceiling
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#1457 » by eyeatoma » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:02 am

SixthStreet wrote:Who is better today? Maxey or Jalen Brunson? Brunson is 27 so he’s done getting better so Maxey will have a better career but I wonder what the advanced stats say about who is better now.

Only thing Brunson has is a good playoff performance. Other than that, Maxey is more efficient, a far better shooter, better playmaker potentially, faster, younger, and more athletic. The Knicks are horrible again this year.

It's Maxey

Only guards better than Maxey given how young he is, and how much he continues to grow, we could literally be seeing a future MVP here.

SGA, Luka, Steph, that's it...

You could argue Booker, or Mitchell...But Booker has not been great this year and has been injured. Mitchell's team sucks right now.

I'd say Ant and Haliburton are on the same level.
Monix
Pro Prospect
And1: 669

Post#1458 » by Monix » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:09 am

Head-to-Head this year
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,476

Post#1459 » by Eyeamok » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:43 am

I know it's early days. But if you did a re-draft of the 2020 class. Where does Maxey go? Personally I have him going #3 behind Anthony Edwards, Haliburton then Maxey.

1. Timberwolves draft Anthony Edwards

2. Warriors draft James Wiseman

3. Hornets draft LaMelo Ball

4. Bulls draft Patrick Williams

5. Cavaliers draft Isaac Okoro

6. Hawks draft Onyeka Okongwu

7. Pistons draft Killian Hayes

8. Knicks draft Obi Toppin

9. Wizards draft Deni Avdija

10. Suns draft Jalen Smith

11. Spurs draft Devin Vassell

12. Kings draft Tyrese Haliburton

13. Pelicans draft Kira Lewis Jr.

14. Celtics draft Aaron Nesmith

15. Magic draft Cole Anthony

16. Trail Blazers draft Isaiah Stewart >> officially traded to the Pistons, after first being dealt to the Rockets

17. Timberwolves draft Aleksej Pokusevski >> officially traded to the Thunder

18. Mavericks draft Josh Green

19. Nets draft Saddiq Bey >> officially traded to the Pistons, after first being dealt to the Clippers

20. Heat draft Precious Achiuwa

21. 76ers draft Tyrese Maxey

22. Nuggets draft Zeke Nnaji

23. Knicks draft Leandro Bolmaro >> officially traded to the Timberwolves

24. Bucks draft RJ Hampton >> officially traded to the Nuggets, after first being dealt to the Pelicans

25. Thunder draft Immanuel Quickley >> officially traded to the Knicks, after first being dealt to the Timberwolves

26. Celtics draft Payton Pritchard

27. Jazz draft Udoka Azubuike

28. Lakers draft Jaden McDaniels >> officially traded to the Timberwolves, after first being dealt to the Thunder

29. Raptors draft Malachi Flynn

30. Celtics draft Desmond Bane >> officially traded to the Grizzlies
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

Bring on the draft

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#1460 » by eyeatoma » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:54 am

Eyeamok wrote:I know it's early days. But if you did a re-draft of the 2020 class. Where does Maxey go? Personally I have him going #3 behind Anthony Edwards, Haliburton then Maxey.

Depends on the player you want. If you want a pure scorer with some good playmaking you'd take Maxey. Edwards has the defense and scoring, but can be wildly inefficient. Hali, is your god level point gaurd. Decent scoring, but amazing playmaking. All 3 could go #1 depending on team needs.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers