ImageImageImage

Delaware Bluecoats Discussion

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,066

Re: Delaware Bluecoats Discussion 

Post#181 » by Negrodamus » Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:14 am

Here's who he should have grabbed. Seems like Hagans has taken his career seriously and is killing it. Had 30pt, 7 rebs, 5 ast, 4 stls tonight. Definitely more of a two way player than Saban Lee with a similar upside as an outside shooter.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,224

Post#182 » by Kobblehead » Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:27 am

Julian Champagnie lowkey looks like a future rotation player.

In 30 games with the Bluecoats this year, he's scoring 18.3 ppg on 60.4% true shooting. He's hitting 2.8 made threes a game.10.9% total rebounding. 2.67% block percentage.

He's basically a 6'8" 215 volume three point shooter with great shotblocking. Which is exactly what we need on the wing.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#183 » by Negrodamus » Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:24 am

Springer has been putting up decent numbers lately. I wonder if we'll start to see more of him with Thybulle gone.
Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,101

Post#184 » by Embiid P » Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:45 am

Kobblehead wrote:Julian Champagnie lowkey looks like a future rotation player.

In 30 games with the Bluecoats this year, he's scoring 18.3 ppg on 60.4% true shooting. He's hitting 2.8 made threes a game.10.9% total rebounding. 2.67% block percentage.

He's basically a 6'8" 215 volume three point shooter with great shotblocking. Which is exactly what we need on the wing.

That's all well and good but good luck getting Doc to give him any minutes outside of garbage time.
mhunt
Rookie
And1: 172

Post#185 » by mhunt » Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:44 pm

Read on Twitter
Read on Twitter
Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,101

Post#186 » by Embiid P » Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:55 pm

mhunt wrote:
Read on Twitter
Read on Twitter

Damn you just beat me to it lol. I started a separate thread for this.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#187 » by Negrodamus » Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:57 pm

I've always considered the Champagnies to be bums. Was very disappointed when we drafted him. At least McClung is interesting, I guess.
mhunt
Rookie

Post#188 » by mhunt » Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:57 pm

Embiid P wrote:
mhunt wrote:
Read on Twitter
Read on Twitter

Damn you just beat me to it lol. I started a separate thread for this.

No worries. We all one big fam.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,989

Post#189 » by Stanford » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:12 pm

Dude's shooting stats are nuts
LeTimmAy
Freshman
And1: 45

Post#190 » by LeTimmAy » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:32 pm

Can someone tell me why we haven't tried mccaw as an option for the wing as a 3nD player. He even isn't young anymore so doc might give him some time...
mccluskey
Pro Prospect
And1: 623

Post#191 » by mccluskey » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:41 pm

not surprised by this, McClung has been playing out of his mind this year. King and McClung have generally looked like the Blue Coats' best players with Springer right behind them - Champagnie just doesn't consistently create the same kind of impact like those guys.
mhunt
Rookie

Post#192 » by mhunt » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:50 pm

How is McClung's defense?
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,780

Post#193 » by Skates » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:57 pm

mhunt wrote:How is McClung's defense?

If McClung had the size, strength and ability to guard at the NBA level he would already be in the league. Think of him as the reverse TJ McConnell, very offensively talented, more of a SG in what is barely a PG's body. Dude can shoot and is crafty, has some hops, but he doesn't look like he would hold up defensively in the NBA.

I don't think McCaw has been remotely impressive even in the G-League, he is still living off of pre-draft hype that proved to be inaccurate.

I see some interesting stats for Louis King, our other 2-way, seems like a wing with some shooting and ball handling skills for a wing. Any takes on him from peeps who watch the Blue Coats? Michael Foster is still in Delaware after getting cut earlier this year and I'm not sure he wouldn't have been a better pick up than Dedmon, though that isn't saying much.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,224

Post#194 » by Kobblehead » Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:15 pm

I reaaly like Julian. Don't know why Morey keeps signing athletic munchkins to these 2 ways. First Lee and now McClung. How about we develop the big F with deflections and made threes?
mccluskey
Pro Prospect
And1: 623

Post#195 » by mccluskey » Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:18 am

Skates wrote:
mhunt wrote:How is McClung's defense?

If McClung had the size, strength and ability to guard at the NBA level he would already be in the league. Think of him as the reverse TJ McConnell, very offensively talented, more of a SG in what is barely a PG's body. Dude can shoot and is crafty, has some hops, but he doesn't look like he would hold up defensively in the NBA.

I don't think McCaw has been remotely impressive even in the G-League, he is still living off of pre-draft hype that proved to be inaccurate.

I see some interesting stats for Louis King, our other 2-way, seems like a wing with some shooting and ball handling skills for a wing. Any takes on him from peeps who watch the Blue Coats? Michael Foster is still in Delaware after getting cut earlier this year and I'm not sure he wouldn't have been a better pick up than Dedmon, though that isn't saying much.

King is a nice player - he's tough and defends well, and he's a good shooter with a really strong handle. He actually shares the primary ball handling role with McClung quite a bit when they're on the court together and does a good job setting up plays and distributing the ball. Like I said earlier, he and McClung are almost always the two guys that stand out for the Blue Coats, along with Springer and then Charlie Brown Jr to a lesser extent (I really like Brown's length and defense, and he's a decent shooter, but somehow his overall game ends up being a little less than the sum of its parts).

McClung's defense is definitely not great, and I like your comparison as the offensive version of TJ, but he's a little better on that end than you might think. He's actually not bad at straight up man against other guards, his quickness and physicality allows him to stay in front of guys one on one for the most part. Where he mainly gets in trouble is off ball defense, he gets way too focused on watching the ball for steal/help opportunities and tends to lose his man. He also doesn't always do a great job fighting through screens and will get switched onto bigs as a result and then get overpowered down low.

Foster is a guy with great measurables and some intriguing skills for his size, but he makes a lot of terrible decisions and doesn't show much feel for the game. Early in the season he was getting bullied in the paint by nearly everyone he went up against but to his credit he's gotten tougher there, still got a ways to go to be a legit NBA prospect though.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#196 » by Bum Adebayo » Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:43 am

McClung is insane, he has been averaging 75% TS this year!
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,623

Post#197 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:52 am

I'm kind of excited about McClung. I remember him being crazy hyped up when he was still in high school. Maybe we'll get to see what he can do. Personally I don't think he'll stick in the NBA, but at least he's getting a semi chance.
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,780

Post#198 » by Skates » Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:09 am

McClung would have been a perfect Process Sixer.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,991

Post#199 » by ankle420breaker » Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:35 am

Skates wrote:McClung would have been a perfect Process Sixer.
A McClung/McConnell backcourt would've won the crowd like Maximus in Gladiator.

Sent from my SM-S901U using RealGM mobile app
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,804

Post#200 » by 76ciology » Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:43 am

Kobblehead wrote:I reaaly like Julian. Don't know why Morey keeps signing athletic munchkins to these 2 ways. First Lee and now McClung. How about we develop the big F with deflections and made threes?

This is just my guess from my observation league wide.

muchkins can spam 3s and 4pt plays via steals+fastbreak. They’re better on dribble drive offense. And with the right structure and scheme, you can still play elite defense by playing zone defense+deflections with a nic claxton type big at the middle. And if it’s not enough, you then run a double big and 3 guards unit.

Your halfcourt offense also is much better with guards, I think Jazz is a good example of it where they dont play with any SFs. The quickness allows penetration while if you play zone these guys can shoot it. Whereas if you watch the Clips play, their key guys settle for a lot of pull up jumpers and they struggle to attack close outs because guys like Batum and Morris aren’t quick enough. Same thing with the Raps and the Magic.

I have a feeling the league is trending more into these 2 way guards and combo guards. There’s just better flow on your offense. Better shot creation, better penetration, better shooting and more effective 2 man game. While you can still play elite defense with zone defense and an abundant surplus of bigs.

And it has been the cheat code lately by teams like the Jazz, Pacers, Hawks and the Cavs. Currently sometimes and more in the future, us.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers