Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,102

Re: OT: This board is amazing 

Post#61 » by sixers hoops » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:21 am

Embiid P wrote:
GoSixersBro wrote:
76thBearCub wrote:

Pretty wild my friend.

I'll tell my grand kids I knew the guy who knew the guy that knew the guy that knew the other guy who knew Mark Jackson's brother.

Got a good laugh out of that, thanks!

Also what happened to Westbrook36? I may be confused, but was that Kobblehead's old username or a different person completely?

I could be wrong but I think Westbrook36 is now FireMorey.

BTW I've been lurking here for nearly 20 years since I was a teenager in high school. I remember the days of Prerak as well as Cpops57, ACE 3, Nofx, Napalm, Kung Chiu (sp?), AI316, Samson (who still pops in occasionally), etc. It took me years to finally get the courage to join.

Before RealGM, I lurked on the Philly.com which was essentially the Jerry Springer of Sixers forums. I occasionally visit Sixers groups on FB though the quality here is far superior.

In 2001 or so, cpops was the only regular poster on this board. And the only mod was one of the realgm admins at the time - Don.

Derek (dabods) was the mod that reached out and asked me if I wanted to moderate the board with him.

Since then I’ve moderated with the guilty party, tk76, Coreygallagher, and the current mods.

Prerak was a long time mod here, but got out of it to start draftcity with Givoney. When an agent sued hit them with a cease and desist letter, Prerak closed up shop and Jonathon started draftexpress.
Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,098

Post#62 » by Embiid P » Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:42 am

sixers hoops wrote:
Embiid P wrote:
GoSixersBro wrote:

Also what happened to Westbrook36? I may be confused, but was that Kobblehead's old username or a different person completely?

BTW I've been lurking here for nearly 20 years since I was a teenager in high school. I remember the days of Prerak as well as Cpops57, ACE 3, Nofx, Napalm, Kung Chiu (sp?), AI316, Samson (who still pops in occasionally), etc. It took me years to finally get the courage to join.

Before RealGM, I lurked on the Philly.com which was essentially the Jerry Springer of Sixers forums. I occasionally visit Sixers groups on FB though the quality here is far superior.

In 2001 or so, cpops was the only regular poster on this board. And the only mod was one of the realgm admins at the time - Don.

Derek (dabods) was the mod that reached out and asked me if I wanted to moderate the board with him.

Since then I’ve moderated with the guilty party, tk76, Coreygallagher, and the current mods.

Prerak was a long time mod here, but got out of it to start draftcity with Givoney. When an agent sued hit them with a cease and desist letter, Prerak closed up shop and Jonathon started draftexpress.

Yeah I remember the Prerak-Givoney alliance which later turned into a falling out.

I also remember 76ciology back when he was known as crazylyf around these parts.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,800

Post#63 » by 76ciology » Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:51 am

This board has been my pressure release valve for me in the last two decades. I go here when i need to distract myself when life’s stress gets too much or whenever I just need something to entertain with.

I enjoyed replying to each and every posts.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,800

Post#64 » by 76ciology » Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:57 am

Embiid P wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:
Embiid P wrote:

Yeah I remember the Prerak-Givoney alliance which later turned into a falling out.

I also remember 76ciology back when he was known as crazylyf around these parts.

What’s ur username before?
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,559

Post#65 » by GoSixersBro » Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:37 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Embiid P wrote:
GoSixersBro wrote:

Yup he is.

You should check out the Sixers /r on Reddit, it's pretty good as well.

Please tell me this is satire.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,695

Post#66 » by FireMorey » Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:34 pm

Sixers on Reddit:

Whine about how awful signing Al Horford would be when it's rumored and then when he actually signs, talk about how great of a move it is and downvote anyone who doesn't like it.

Stopped going there after that nonsense. I don't like echo chambers.
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,548

Post#67 » by Jailblazers7 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:08 pm

I posted on insidehoops.com for over a decade but that place became more and more unhinged over time and all the old regulars moved on. The basketball talk here is way better but the Off The Court lounge there was a hilarious place for a while.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,555

Post#68 » by eyeatoma » Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:49 pm

GoSixersBro wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Embiid P wrote:

Yup he is.

You should check out the Sixers /r on Reddit, it's pretty good as well.

Please tell me this is satire.

LOL it's definitely not everyone's cup of tea. I definitely prefer realgm, but still fun to see what others say.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,559

Post#69 » by GoSixersBro » Tue Mar 1, 2022 1:33 pm

FireMorey wrote:Sixers on Reddit:

Whine about how awful signing Al Horford would be when it's rumored and then when he actually signs, talk about how great of a move it is and downvote anyone who doesn't like it.

Stopped going there after that nonsense. I don't like echo chambers.

That forum only goes whatever way the wind is currently blowing. The most vehement Simmons stans that would base his potential on how vascular his summer workout photos looked. I made the fatal mistake of saying Tatum had shown more promise in his career up to December 2020 and was ridiculed lol.

Now the entire sub feasts on Ben memes.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
Samson
Assistant Coach
And1: 247

Post#70 » by Samson » Tue Mar 1, 2022 2:49 pm

WHAT?? You think this is a GAME?? This is DUDE'S NIGHT OUT , Biatch!!!

https://i.makeagif.com/media/12-23-2018/vyMbqg.gif
JimmyPlopper
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,570

Post#71 » by JimmyPlopper » Sat May 4, 2024 4:52 am

I joined this board in 2001 - was extremely active - had a long absence in which I had changed emails and completely forgotten my password, so I moved on.
all i see is blinking lights
JimmyPlopper
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,570

Post#72 » by JimmyPlopper » Sat May 4, 2024 4:53 am

Anyone remember that guy Ricky something or other. He was a ham
all i see is blinking lights
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,874

Post#73 » by stormi » Sat May 4, 2024 11:31 am

Jailblazers7 wrote:I posted on insidehoops.com for over a decade but that place became more and more unhinged over time and all the old regulars moved on. The basketball talk here is way better but the Off The Court lounge there was a hilarious place for a while.

That's pretty funny that you call ISH unhinged, I never posted there, the only tie I have is that I was on another non-sports forum that had an NBA thread I was a regular in (mid 2010s), but it was more shitposting than formal NBA talk and someone from ISH ended up migrating over and he was hilarious but also totally unhinged. I liked him though. He was a Heat fan.
Sixercise
Sixth Man
And1: 480

Post#74 » by Sixercise » Sat May 4, 2024 12:00 pm

mjkvol wrote:
blargh wrote:I think the only thing left for people to complain about are Kate and Alaa. Or Isaiah Joe minutes.

Don't forget Tobias. As long as he's here, that issue will never die.

Kudos for keeping that same energy from 2022
rilamann wrote:Leave Simmons alone, your back would be sore too if you didn't have a spine.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,991

Post#75 » by ankle420breaker » Sat May 4, 2024 12:37 pm

JimmyPlopper wrote:Anyone remember that guy Ricky something or other. He was a ham
RickyPrior. Dude was a force.

Sent from my SM-S901U using RealGM mobile app
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,122

Post#76 » by mjkvol » Sat May 4, 2024 12:41 pm

Sixercise wrote:
mjkvol wrote:
blargh wrote:I think the only thing left for people to complain about are Kate and Alaa. Or Isaiah Joe minutes.

Don't forget Tobias. As long as he's here, that issue will never die.

Kudos for keeping that same energy from 2022

It will never cease to amaze me that Tobias was here for 5 1/2 seasons making superstar money while delivering ... shall we say ... far less than superstar performances, and he always just seemed to be a permanent fixture in the room that couldn't be moved and you just had to work around.

Given his penchant for disappearing during games throughout his time here, he was treated remarkably well by the fan base as a whole. It was almost like he was a boil that we couldn't do anything about, so we just had to wait until it went away.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,548

Post#77 » by Jailblazers7 » Sat May 4, 2024 2:27 pm

stormi wrote:
Jailblazers7 wrote:I posted on insidehoops.com for over a decade but that place became more and more unhinged over time and all the old regulars moved on. The basketball talk here is way better but the Off The Court lounge there was a hilarious place for a while.

That's pretty funny that you call ISH unhinged, I never posted there, the only tie I have is that I was on another non-sports forum that had an NBA thread I was a regular in (mid 2010s), but it was more shitposting than formal NBA talk and someone from ISH ended up migrating over and he was hilarious but also totally unhinged. I liked him though. He was a Heat fan.

That checks out lol. That place was awesome from 2007-2014ish with a really funny core base of posters and some very smart folks with awesome taste in music, movies, books, etc. I made some legitimately amazing discoveries there based on poster recommendations that have shaped my taste in art.

The alts/trolls over there were completely insane tho. There were a few certifiably mentally ill people who managed to channel their mania into some hilarious content but would sometimes get pretty surreal. Eventually, I think the troll base got too large & all the mods gave up try to manage things.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,555

Post#78 » by eyeatoma » Sat May 4, 2024 2:33 pm

ankle420breaker wrote:
JimmyPlopper wrote:Anyone remember that guy Ricky something or other. He was a ham
RickyPrior. Dude was a force.

Sent from my SM-S901U using RealGM mobile app

Yup I remember him!
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,203

Post#79 » by M2J » Sat May 4, 2024 3:41 pm

Jailblazers7 wrote:
stormi wrote:

That checks out lol. That place was awesome from 2007-2014ish with a really funny core base of posters and some very smart folks with awesome taste in music, movies, books, etc. I made some legitimately amazing discoveries there based on poster recommendations that have shaped my taste in art.

The alts/trolls over there were completely insane tho. There were a few certifiably mentally ill people who managed to channel their mania into some hilarious content but would sometimes get pretty surreal. Eventually, I think the troll base got too large & all the mods gave up try to manage things.

Was that the street hunger days lol?
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,619

Post#80 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sat May 4, 2024 3:56 pm

There have been some characters over the years since I've gotten here. I'm sure at times I've acted as one myself. RickyPryor, Dedicated76erfan, KrazySixersD, Bubbachuck, Lloyd, Jemagee... I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot more.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers