ImageImageImage

The first one we have to get rid of

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Re: The first one we have to get rid of 

Post#21 » by Bum Adebayo » Fri Feb 9, 2024 7:56 pm

We keep putting up names to blame, but never the only one constant since 2016.
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,866

Post#22 » by Phila Tough » Fri Feb 9, 2024 8:35 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:We keep putting up names to blame, but never the only one constant since 2016.

Embiid get's a ton of blame. What exactly do you want them to do, trade him? Be realistic bro
Bum Adebayo
General Manager

Post#23 » by Bum Adebayo » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:45 am

Phila Tough wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:We keep putting up names to blame, but never the only one constant since 2016.

Embiid get's a ton of blame. What exactly do you want them to do, trade him? Be realistic bro

Why not? what is this **** about being realistic? assessing that we will never win a championship with him as our best player (due to a variety of circumstances) is being realistic. not expecting a superstar for him, but expecting a nice package of players and picks to be able to rebuild properly is being realistic.
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,866

Post#24 » by Phila Tough » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:37 am

Bum Adebayo wrote:
Phila Tough wrote:

Why not? what is this **** about being realistic? assessing that we will never win a championship with him as our best player (due to a variety of circumstances) is being realistic. not expecting a superstar for him, but expecting a nice package of players and picks to be able to rebuild properly is being realistic.

Because you ride players like Embiid until the wheels fall off. Talent wise, is it a stretch to say he's top 5 76ers ever? After watching Iggy, Turner, and Bynum be fake stars, I am not in a rush to return to those starless irrelevant days.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager

Post#25 » by Bum Adebayo » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:43 am

Phila Tough wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:
Phila Tough wrote:

Because you ride players like Embiid until the wheels fall off. Talent wise, is it a stretch to say he's top 5 76ers ever? After watching Iggy, Turner, and Bynum be fake stars, I am not in a rush to return to those starless irrelevant days.

The goal of the Process was to be perennial contenders for a championship, we failed that even though we had to endure all those tanking years. Only nice thing we got from the Process is Embiid, and he is just a flawed player in health and in Playoff ability.
Yeah you ride players like Embiid and then you'll end up in a much worse position because you end up trading him for almost nothing or retiring here washed up.
brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 652

Post#26 » by brannigan73 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:00 am

Last pick wrote:This is the end of Morey's bluff. He made a reissue of losing Rockets with players older and cooked, coached by a worse one.

This is it for Morey I agree. They need to get to the ECF minimum next year or he should be shown the door. He is the most over-rated GM I can remember. He is star obsessed and also obsessed with obtaining players he had before which I feel like is a bizarre quality for a so called analytics based GM. The obsession with guys like Tucker, Pat Bev, Harrell, and House. What people need to realise that is anybody can win 50 games with Embiid as long as he plays most of a season. It honestly doesnt matter who you surround him with as long as its not total trash so to give him credit for average players like Seth Curry and turning a former number one pick in the draft who made two all star games into a disgruntled James Harden and then turn Harden into two first round picks and some picks swaps and some expiring contracts well la de da! His best moves are actually rectifying mistakes he or someone else makes like getting rid of Horford and Richardson and then getting rid of Harden and Tucker. He hasnt gotten any further then the previous brain trust of idiots so Im not sure how I can grade him much higher then those clowns. Its sad that the best move this team has made in years was made by Colangelo and Harris trading Saric, Covington, and a first for Jimmy Butler. Lets see Morey match that lol.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,804

Post#27 » by 76ciology » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:21 am

He'd be in the hot seat if he overpaid and depleted all or most of our assets for Dejounte or Jerami Grant, and then we still couldn't get past the second round. Ownership would have to fire him as a scapegoat. However, that didn't happen, and it was smart of him to acquire Hield and Payne. This allowed our team to compete, giving us another chance to upgrade in the offseason.

Here's a summary of the recent seasons:
- 2020-2021: First seed with Seth.
- 2021-2022: Acquired Harden.
- 2022-2023: we were favorites to win it all by vegas odds at one point of the playoffs
- 2023-2024: Acquired a good return for Harden with those picks and wings; obtained two 16-20ppg scorers Oubre and Hield for just 3 second-round picks.
- 2024 offseason: Have max cap space and 5 firsts and multiple first round swaps to trade.

I don't know, man, but Morey has done well. Building a contender every year with so much change in the roster then replenishing our assets when Harden left are quite impressive. You couldn't say “he’s just lucky he has Embiid”; he could have been even luckier if he had someone more reliable than Embiid.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,143

Post#28 » by mjkvol » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:33 pm

76ciology wrote:He'd be in the hot seat if he overpaid and depleted all or most of our assets for Dejounte or Jerami Grant, and then we still couldn't get past the second round. Ownership would have to fire him as a scapegoat. However, that didn't happen, and it was smart of him to acquire Hield and Payne. This allowed our team to compete, giving us another chance to upgrade in the offseason.

- 2022-2023: we were favorites to win it all by vegas odds at one point of the playoffs
- 2023-2024: Acquired a good return for Harden with those picks and wings; obtained two 16-20ppg scorers Oubre and Hield for just 3 second-round picks.
- 2024 offseason: Have max cap space and 5 firsts and multiple first round swaps to trade.

I don't know, man, but Morey has done well. Building a contender every year with so much change in the roster then replenishing our assets when Harden left are quite impressive. You couldn't say “he’s just lucky he has Embiid”; he could have been even luckier if he had someone more reliable than Embiid.

Excellent post and recap. But arguing with the trolls who are omnipresent here when things aren't great is pointless. They aren't interested in facts and logic, but only in their agenda, whatever the f***k it is.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Last pick
Ballboy
And1: 9

Post#29 » by Last pick » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:49 pm

mjkvol wrote:
76ciology wrote:He'd be in the hot seat if he overpaid and depleted all or most of our assets for Dejounte or Jerami Grant, and then we still couldn't get past the second round. Ownership would have to fire him as a scapegoat. However, that didn't happen, and it was smart of him to acquire Hield and Payne. This allowed our team to compete, giving us another chance to upgrade in the offseason.

Excellent post and recap. But arguing with the trolls who are omnipresent here when things aren't great is pointless. They aren't interested in facts and logic, but only in their agenda, whatever the f***k it is.

Sure. Stay in your nice world calling "trolls" those who think differently to you. Great attitude.
Last pick
Ballboy

Post#30 » by Last pick » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:51 pm

brannigan73 wrote:
Last pick wrote:This is the end of Morey's bluff. He made a reissue of losing Rockets with players older and cooked, coached by a worse one.

This is it for Morey I agree. They need to get to the ECF minimum next year or he should be shown the door. He is the most over-rated GM I can remember. He is star obsessed and also obsessed with obtaining players he had before which I feel like is a bizarre quality for a so called analytics based GM. The obsession with guys like Tucker, Pat Bev, Harrell, and House. What people need to realise that is anybody can win 50 games with Embiid as long as he plays most of a season. It honestly doesnt matter who you surround him with as long as its not total trash so to give him credit for average players like Seth Curry and turning a former number one pick in the draft who made two all star games into a disgruntled James Harden and then turn Harden into two first round picks and some picks swaps and some expiring contracts well la de da! His best moves are actually rectifying mistakes he or someone else makes like getting rid of Horford and Richardson and then getting rid of Harden and Tucker. He hasnt gotten any further then the previous brain trust of idiots so Im not sure how I can grade him much higher then those clowns. Its sad that the best move this team has made in years was made by Colangelo and Harris trading Saric, Covington, and a first for Jimmy Butler. Lets see Morey match that lol.

I feel the same way.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by mjkvol » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:18 pm

Last pick wrote:Sure. Stay in your nice world calling "trolls" those who think differently to you. Great attitude.

If you guys showed up here at any time other than when things weren't going well, you wouldn't be trolls. But that isn't the case - we have a core of posters who are here in good times and bad, and there is plenty of negative stuff posted when it applies, but the trolls are like vultures, only appearing when it fits their bizarre agendas.

Most of us enjoy a good debate, and they go on all year long, but you can't discuss and debate with someone who just hammers away at the same obsessive talking points every time they post.
Last pick
Ballboy

Post#32 » by Last pick » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:47 pm

mjkvol wrote:
Last pick wrote:Sure. Stay in your nice world calling "trolls" those who think differently to you. Great attitude.

If you guys showed up here at any time other than when things weren't going well, you wouldn't be trolls. But that isn't the case - we have a core of posters who are here in good times and bad, and there is plenty of negative stuff posted when it applies, but the trolls are like vultures, only appearing when it fits their bizarre agendas.

Most of us enjoy a good debate, and they go on all year long, but you can't discuss and debate with someone who just hammers away at the same obsessive talking points every time they post.

I write here when I have something to say. The initial topic was Morey, the initial response was that we should get rid of Doc. After we luckily got rid of Doc, I waited for the trade period to expire to see how Morey would move. After that I said what I thought, to discuss it with other fans.
And I'm a vulture to you because I don't spend my days on the forum.
Ok then I'll go away and leave the stage to you who surely have the truth in your pocket.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by mjkvol » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:38 pm

Last pick wrote:
mjkvol wrote:

I write here when I have something to say. The initial topic was Morey, the initial response was that we should get rid of Doc. After we luckily got rid of Doc, I waited for the trade period to expire to see how Morey would move. After that I said what I thought, to discuss it with other fans.
And I'm a vulture to you because I don't spend my days on the forum.
Ok then I'll go away and leave the stage to you who surely have the truth in your pocket.

I don't really care if you stay or go, that's up to you. It's an internet sports forum, not something earth shaking. My post wasn't even responding to you, and I don't remember ever seeing you on here before, but we have a few posters who have obsessively relentless talking points and only emerge when things aren't great, after losses, etc. I'm sorry that you're taking this so personally.
brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 652

Post#34 » by brannigan73 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:31 pm

I missed it live but I finally saw the chat transcript of the Morey post deadline interview. Typical crap dissembling from a I'm smarter then you GM. No we did not get the best player traded at the deadline in Buddy Hield. Dont argue with me homers Bogey averaged 20 a game for a Jazz team that won a zillion games over a 3 year period. He tried to get a better back up big? Not too hard! In the entire NBA for a second or a couple seconds you couldnt get a better backup center then Paul Reed? What he means is he couldnt get a better backup center then Paul Reed on a expiring contract. If you didnt give Paul Reed an extension he honestly didn't deserve we would have been in the situation. Yes we should not have matched Reed's extension with the Jazz is what Im saying. Dumb Doc was actually right about Reed.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers