Fantasy Trade Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Covi_Marsh
Sophomore
And1: 76

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#61 » by Covi_Marsh » Fri Nov 3, 2023 3:22 pm

Arsenal wrote:
Covi_Marsh wrote:How are we feeling about OG after the win last night? He can’t dribble without getting striped or running someone over. He is a bigger, more willing to shoot PJ Tucker which is an elite 3&D. Great get but is that worth 35 mil? Is that worth 3 first round picks?

Absolutely not. He's a role player and it would be foolish to break the bank for him in terms of picks in trade and then a massive contract.

Whoever gets him will be getting the "winners curse."

I like to team build by looking at previous champions. Do you think Denver regrets paying Michael Porter Jr 5yr 179 mil? He can’t dribble either, but isn’t a great defender. Is he that much of a better 3 point sniper than OG? I think OG is a hybrid of Aaron Gordon and MPjr.

With that said What Masai is asking for is definitely an over pay. But I think I may be able to get behind 4/120. Especially in this movement offense. He either spots up or plays dunker spot that Oubre has taken too. The elite defense can contribute to a championship.
Covi_Marsh
Sophomore

Post#62 » by Covi_Marsh » Fri Nov 3, 2023 3:25 pm

zaz102 wrote:I'll be honest. I know getting some of these previously mentioned high priced guys will help the team and wr dont really have any other options, but they all scare me committing to them.

Most definitely. Make the wrong choice this summer and Embiid will request a trade 2025. This is the last opportunity to build a championship team around embiid. Not so much Maxey.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,324

Post#63 » by Arsenal » Fri Nov 3, 2023 3:28 pm

Covi_Marsh wrote:
Arsenal wrote:
Covi_Marsh wrote:How are we feeling about OG after the win last night? He can’t dribble without getting striped or running someone over. He is a bigger, more willing to shoot PJ Tucker which is an elite 3&D. Great get but is that worth 35 mil? Is that worth 3 first round picks?

Absolutely not. He's a role player and it would be foolish to break the bank for him in terms of picks in trade and then a massive contract.

Whoever gets him will be getting the "winners curse."

I like to team build by looking at previous champions. Do you think Denver regrets paying Michael Porter Jr 5yr 179 mil? He can’t dribble either, but isn’t a great defender. Is he that much of a better 3 point sniper than OG? I think OG is a hybrid of Aaron Gordon and MPjr.

With that said What Masai is asking for is definitely an over pay. But I think I may be able to get behind 4/120. Especially in this movement offense. He either spots up or plays dunker spot that Oubre has taken too. The elite defense can contribute to a championship.

If we break the bank of trade assets for OG and then sign him to a massive contract this summer, he will quickly become our new albatross ala The Contract, which crippled us for 5 years throughout Embiid's prime.

Opportunity cost is real.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,811

Post#64 » by the_process » Fri Nov 3, 2023 3:52 pm

1)Morris, Springer, and three 2nds to TOR for Trent Jr.
2)Harris, 24 swap, 26 PHI 1st, 28 LAC 1st, 29 PHI 1st, 30 swap to UTA for Markkanen and Olynyk

Still should have 30M or so in cap room.

Maxey/Beverley/Korkmaz
Trent/Melton/House
Covington/Oubre/Martin Jr.
Markkanen/Batum/Reed
Embiid/Olynyk/Bamba
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,324

Post#65 » by Arsenal » Fri Nov 3, 2023 3:57 pm

If we break the bank for Markannen, people will end up disappointed when his stats and usage go way down. He's the #1 option on Utah and here he would probably be #3. Definitely not #1. He's also not a great defender.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,263

Post#66 » by ProcessDoctor » Fri Nov 3, 2023 4:11 pm

After December 30th, Donovan Mitchell for:

Morris
Batum
Korkmaz
2024 PHI 1st swap (unp)
2026 PHI 1st (unp)
2028 LAC 1st (unp)
2029 PHI 1st (unp)
2030 PHI 1st swap (unp)

Maxey/Melton/Beverley
Mitchell/Springer/Smith
Martin/Oubre/House
Harris/Covington/(buyout)
Embiid/Reed/Mamba

Still would have ~$30 mil cap space next summer.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Payne/Downtin
Maxey/Melton/Hield
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,571

Post#67 » by youngcrev » Fri Nov 3, 2023 4:22 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:After December 30th, Donovan Mitchell for:

Morris
Batum
Korkmaz
2024 PHI 1st swap (unp)
2026 PHI 1st (unp)
2028 LAC 1st (unp)
2029 PHI 1st (unp)
2030 PHI 1st swap (unp)

Maxey/Melton/Beverley
Mitchell/Springer/Smith
Martin/Oubre/House
Embiid/Reed/Mamba

I have to imagine we'd get out bid on Mitchell. Maybe in the off-season when we can put up to 5 picks on the table.

Not an optimal fit with Maxey, but he's good enough to not worry about it
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,263

Post#68 » by ProcessDoctor » Fri Nov 3, 2023 4:34 pm

youngcrev wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:After December 30th, Donovan Mitchell for:

Morris
Batum
Korkmaz
2024 PHI 1st swap (unp)
2026 PHI 1st (unp)
2028 LAC 1st (unp)
2029 PHI 1st (unp)
2030 PHI 1st swap (unp)

Maxey/Melton/Beverley
Mitchell/Springer/Smith
Martin/Oubre/House
Embiid/Reed/Mamba

I have to imagine we'd get out bid on Mitchell. Maybe in the off-season when we can put up to 5 picks on the table.

Not an optimal fit with Maxey, but he's good enough to not worry about it

Yea I think it's always a matter of who else gets into the bidding war. This is the kind of trade you make when you believe you're a piece from truly contending. To me, that would likely include:

1. Miami
2. Toronto (??)
3. New York
4. Brooklyn
5. Sacramento
6. Philadelphia

The only leverage we could have is if we are one of the teams he says he would sign an extension with. Just a guess, but I imagine he would say no to Toronto and Sacramento if he's saying no to Cleveland.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Payne/Downtin
Maxey/Melton/Hield
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Covi_Marsh
Sophomore

Post#69 » by Covi_Marsh » Fri Nov 3, 2023 5:19 pm

Too much smoke around him wanting to play for NY someday and it’s not fabricated like Embiid wanting them. He’s exactly the star power they need even with Brunson being a horrible fit next to him.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,975

Post#70 » by Stanford » Fri Nov 3, 2023 5:30 pm

Covi_Marsh wrote:Too much smoke around him wanting to play for NY someday

Okay dude
the_process
RealGM

Post#71 » by the_process » Fri Nov 3, 2023 5:32 pm

CHI gets Harris and Melton
PHI gets Caruso, Markkanen, Olymyk, and Samanic
UTA gets Lonzo, P. Williams, 26 PHI 1st, 28 LAC 1st, 29 PHI 1st with rights to swap on LAC
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,793

Post#72 » by 76ciology » Fri Nov 3, 2023 5:38 pm

Utah doesnt need to trade Markannen. They’re fine where they are right now. Considering that fact and having Ainge as their GM, you would probably need to include Tyrese Maxey and a couple of firsts for Markannen.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,793

Post#73 » by 76ciology » Fri Nov 3, 2023 5:40 pm

Covi_Marsh wrote:Too much smoke around him wanting to play for NY someday and it’s not fabricated like Embiid wanting them. He’s exactly the star power they need even with Brunson being a horrible fit next to him.

But he probably saw how bad Knicks is. Brunson cant even cooked against euro guards in FIBA. Randle and Barrett are as MID as they can be.

Btw, is Maxey better than Brunson already?
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Covi_Marsh
Sophomore

Post#74 » by Covi_Marsh » Fri Nov 3, 2023 5:52 pm

76ciology wrote:
Covi_Marsh wrote:Too much smoke around him wanting to play for NY someday and it’s not fabricated like Embiid wanting them. He’s exactly the star power they need even with Brunson being a horrible fit next to him.

But he probably saw how bad Knicks is. Brunson cant even cooked against euro guards in FIBA. Randle and Barrett are as MID as they can be.

Btw, is Maxey better than Brunson already?

Brunson is a dog but I’m definitely taking Maxey over him. Maxey ceiling is just higher. BUT if im NY im not letting him stop me from getting Spida. I’d figure it out and move him if it came down to it.
Covi_Marsh
Sophomore

Post#75 » by Covi_Marsh » Fri Nov 3, 2023 5:54 pm

Stanford wrote:

Okay dude

What you mean? Ain’t he from NY? Probably grew up a Knick fan. You have his ex teammate, Joe Ingles I think it was, doing interviews saying he will be in NY some day. They star hunting with all of their 1st round picks and young players, although I’m not high on Barrett.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,975

Post#76 » by Stanford » Fri Nov 3, 2023 5:55 pm

Covi_Marsh wrote:
Stanford wrote:

Okay dude

What you mean? Ain’t he from NY? Probably grew up a Knick fan. You have his ex teammate, Joe Ingles I think it was, doing interviews saying he will be in NY some day. They star hunting with all of their 1st round picks and young players, although I’m not high on Barrett.

You're right. :)
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,209

Post#77 » by Kobblehead » Fri Nov 3, 2023 11:49 pm

Lauri is just more of the same that we had with Saric and have with Harris. An unathletic F that can't defend.

John Collins makes more sense on paper for what we're looking for. Athletic F that can defend (when he wants to). The question is whether or not you can trust his shooting and attitude.
the_process
RealGM

Post#78 » by the_process » Sat Nov 4, 2023 12:01 am

How about Brandon Ingram? The Pels want to win, though, and are off to a good start.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,209

Post#79 » by Kobblehead » Sat Nov 4, 2023 12:14 am

the_process wrote:How about Brandon Ingram? The Pels want to win, though, and are off to a good start.

Leaves alot to be desired athletically and defensively. I don't see him being an asset in a series against Boston, for instance. Just a pivot from Tobias Harris with a lot of the same deficiencies.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,035

Post#80 » by Negrodamus » Sat Nov 4, 2023 12:16 am

the_process wrote:How about Brandon Ingram? The Pels want to win, though, and are off to a good start.

I think Herb Jones or Trey Murphy would be better options for us in my opinion. Not sure they’re willing to move on from either.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers