ImageImageImage

Welcome Home Marcus Morris!

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,101

Welcome Home Marcus Morris! 

Post#1 » by Embiid P » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:22 am

Likely will assume the Tucker role by bringing toughness to the Sixers except he can actually shoot. Probably not much left in the tank like RoCo and Batum. Anyways glad to bring the Philly boy home.

It's funny that Marcus is an Eagles fan and is now with the Sixers while his brother Markieff is a Cowboys fan who is with the Mavs.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,328

Re: Welcome Home Marcus Morris! 

Post#2 » by Arsenal » Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:37 am

Hope he can give what Tucker did at least. Being a less reluctant shooter won’t hurt.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,978

Post#3 » by Mik317 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:40 pm

hate this dude lol.

but I suspect when he goons it up in defense of our guys, I will suddenly be okay with it.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Monix
Pro Prospect
And1: 669

Post#4 » by Monix » Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:27 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,623

Post#5 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:54 pm

How can we use him? I'm glad he's here, but where exactly will he fit? Off the bench would be my guess.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,818

Post#6 » by the_process » Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:29 pm

I don't think Morris is going to be playing much. He's just here until the deadline, I suspect.
TheBallsDeeper
Starter
And1: 2,115

Post#7 » by TheBallsDeeper » Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:37 pm

Can't stand the "Sr" he decided to add to his name. For anyone outside of the US it's just so cringeworthy.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,224

Post#8 » by Kobblehead » Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:46 pm

He's always been a good shooter. No defense, no passing, no rebounding, though.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,937

Post#9 » by HotelVitale » Wed Nov 1, 2023 2:37 am

Grew up by Broad and Erie, bout as Philly as you can get. And he actually seems like a decent dude aside from the occasional outbursts. Good chance he becomes a low key favorite of mine.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,569

Post#10 » by GoSixersBro » Wed Nov 1, 2023 2:48 am

HotelVitale wrote:Grew up by Broad and Erie, bout as Philly as you can get. And he actually seems like a decent dude aside from the occasional outbursts. Good chance he becomes a low key favorite of mine.

Occasional outbursts is generous. Dude is a twat. But now he's our twat.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,735

Post#11 » by 76thBearCub » Wed Nov 1, 2023 2:50 am

Mik317 wrote:hate this dude lol.

but I suspect when he goons it up in defense of our guys, I will suddenly be okay with it.

Just don't try it with the Nuggets I guess
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,884

Post#12 » by stormi » Wed Nov 1, 2023 6:38 am

HotelVitale wrote:Grew up by Broad and Erie, bout as Philly as you can get. And he actually seems like a decent dude aside from the occasional outbursts. Good chance he becomes a low key favorite of mine.

He used to look like Kevin Durant for the Celtics when he'd play against us.

Not expecting too much, but he could be an okay bench shooter/scorer if things go well.

Would love to see him bring some personality and čuntiness as well.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,838

Post#13 » by phillynative » Wed Nov 1, 2023 8:36 am

stormi wrote:

Not expecting too much, but he could be an okay bench shooter/scorer if things go well.

lol I remember this I don't understand why Embiid thought he could troll when we were down 3-0 in that series in that moment. It looks like he were saying "were in your head now" just because they were going to win that game :oops: went on to loose that series and subsequent series against them.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,884

Post#14 » by stormi » Wed Nov 1, 2023 12:23 pm

phillynative wrote:
stormi wrote:

lol I remember this I don't understand why Embiid thought he could troll when we were down 3-0 in that series in that moment. It looks like he were saying "were in your head now" just because they were going to win that game :oops: went on to loose that series and subsequent series against them.

In terms of his pure basketball age, Embiid in 2018 was a literal infantile toddler. He's had to learn a lot of hard lessons and it'll make his Dirk-esque championship run the greatest the sport has ever seen.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,838

Post#15 » by phillynative » Wed Nov 1, 2023 8:16 pm

stormi wrote:
phillynative wrote:
stormi wrote:

In terms of his pure basketball age, Embiid in 2018 was a literal infantile toddler. He's had to learn a lot of hard lessons and it'll make his Dirk-esque championship run the greatest the sport has ever seen.

I get that. Definitely was a bit naivety on his part.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,569

Post#16 » by GoSixersBro » Sat Dec 9, 2023 4:43 pm

Morris on Embiid

“I’ve been around a lot of guys,” Morris said at practice on Thursday. “The Kawhis (Leonard), the PGs (Paul George), the James Hardens and the Kyries (Irving). I don’t think I’ve been around a player like that before. Just straight dominant in all areas of the court and defensively, too.”

On the season, Embiid is averaging 33.1 points, 11.4 rebounds, 6.6 assists and 1.8 blocks per game. He is a marvel on both ends of the floor and few players compare.

“A lot of guys are on one side,” Morris said of Embiid. “He actually puts his body on the line every night flying and trying to get blocks, rebounds, just being available every night. I take my hat off to him, but he’s definitely the best player that I’ve been around.

Maybe he just had a crush on Joel this whole time? Jk but pretty cool to see after the back and forth these two have had for years on the floor. Time to bring in Marcus Smart to complete the all villain squad.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016

Return to Philadelphia 76ers