Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,613

Re: Game 48 Sixers V Nets : Fresh Prince Returns...and no one cares 

Post#21 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:12 am

NYSixersFan wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
NYSixersFan wrote:If you look at the top 10 players on the court, 9 of them are Nets.

Then don't watch the game. Nobody here wants to deal with your constant whining. It's all you ever do! You push an agenda towards Morey nonstop. You ONLY show up when we lose. Congrats bro, you're the definition of a troll. Are you proud to be annoying?

Settle down, sparky.

Not trolling at all. Just speaking the inconvenient truth to some. My constant whining is justified until proven otherwise.

Nobody here is amped up. You only show up to regurgitate the same ****. I'm just letting you know that nobody wants to listen to it. It's a tough night, we're getting smashed and you conveniently show up to make it worse. Yeah... You're that guy. The guy that calls the cops when the music is too loud. You're the guy that refuses to play once they're "it", you're the bratty girl that shushes everyone at the sleepover party, you're the fussy eater on a first date. All you do is complain and pile on the negativity. Yeah you're free to do that, congrats on being pure toxicity. I hope you find peace at some point.
NYSixersFan
Analyst
And1: 1,604

Post#22 » by NYSixersFan » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:19 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
NYSixersFan wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
Then don't watch the game. Nobody here wants to deal with your constant whining. It's all you ever do! You push an agenda towards Morey nonstop. You ONLY show up when we lose. Congrats bro, you're the definition of a troll. Are you proud to be annoying?

Settle down, sparky.

Not trolling at all. Just speaking the inconvenient truth to some. My constant whining is justified until proven otherwise.

Nobody here is amped up. You only show up to regurgitate the same ****. I'm just letting you know that nobody wants to listen to it. It's a tough night, we're getting smashed and you conveniently show up to make it worse. Yeah... You're that guy. The guy that calls the cops when the music is too loud. You're the guy that refuses to play once they're "it", you're the bratty girl that shushes everyone at the sleepover party, you're the fussy eater on a first date. All you do is complain and pile on the negativity. Yeah you're free to do that, congrats on being pure toxicity. I hope you find peace at some point.

I've been a Sixers fan for nearly 40 years. I've earned the right to bitch, moan and regurgitate.
NYSixersFan
Analyst

Post#23 » by NYSixersFan » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:20 am

might as well start Terq Smith next game.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,964

Post#24 » by Mik317 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:20 am

need more offense Terq should play more **** it not like we are playign defense anyway lol
#NeverGonnaBeGood
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,811

Post#25 » by the_process » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:22 am

Terq knows how to put them up. :lol:
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,324

Post#26 » by Arsenal » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:24 am

Terq has earned a shot while we’re depleted. Give him some regular mins as we desperately need shooting.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#27 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:25 am

More minutes for Smith. He's not afraid to put it up. I see no harm in putting him out there at this point.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,792

Post#28 » by 76ciology » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:28 am

Who was defending Cam Thomas?
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
NYSixersFan
Analyst

Post#29 » by NYSixersFan » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:42 am

76ciology wrote:Who was defending Cam Thomas?

"defending"
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,263

Post#30 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:44 am

This might be the saddest season in the Embiid era.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Payne/Downtin
Maxey/Melton/Hield
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
phifans
Veteran
And1: 587

Post#31 » by phifans » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:52 am

Time to refocuse on the draft board dude.

Man I miss that feeling ...
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#32 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun Feb 4, 2024 2:10 am

Nobody wanted any part of him all game. Only player that even tried to guard him was Ricky Council.
Decipher
Rookie
And1: 993

Post#33 » by Decipher » Sun Feb 4, 2024 2:30 am

the_process wrote:
Mik317 wrote:
NYSixersFan wrote:You see just how bad this roster is without Embiid. probably a 20-25 win team.

Don't tell they have 3 other starters out. Melton and Batum shouldn't be starters.

5 days and counting for the FRAUD to act.

Melton is a starter

the issue is that Martin, Korkmaz (sadly), House and Springer (sadly) aren't NBA players at times. Oubre, Bev, and Morris are also playing more than they should

so yeah

Other than Jo, Maxey, and Tobias; the rest of the team is better off the bench at this point. But they have to start 5, which means for the rest of the year you're always going to have at least three players overextended and at least one bench guy who shouldn't be playing at all getting minutes.

The Sixers own their own pick this year. It's a bad draft apparently, but a lotto pick still sells on draft night. Just throwing that out there.

I don’t study the draft but from what I have heard, it’s the absolute top end that is relatively weak while the rest is pretty normal
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,474

Post#34 » by Eyeamok » Sun Feb 4, 2024 4:39 am

Decipher wrote:
the_process wrote:
Mik317 wrote: Melton is a starter

the issue is that Martin, Korkmaz (sadly), House and Springer (sadly) aren't NBA players at times. Oubre, Bev, and Morris are also playing more than they should

so yeah

Other than Jo, Maxey, and Tobias; the rest of the team is better off the bench at this point. But they have to start 5, which means for the rest of the year you're always going to have at least three players overextended and at least one bench guy who shouldn't be playing at all getting minutes.

The Sixers own their own pick this year. It's a bad draft apparently, but a lotto pick still sells on draft night. Just throwing that out there.

Since you are here let me ask you this. What direction do you think the Nets are going in. Are they going to make Bridges their focal point for the future or trade him? Ben Simmons what do you do with this guy? He can come in and change a game for short spurts, in a big way, but he still is not looking to score. in the playoffs he is a liability and his contract is expiring. Do you keep him and if you do how much do you think he is worth? I think he is awesome coming off the bench...but that is me.
I don’t study the draft but from what I have heard, it’s the absolute top end that is relatively weak while the rest is pretty normal
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

Bring on the draft

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,035

Post#35 » by Negrodamus » Sun Feb 4, 2024 5:55 am

Missed the game: has Springer turned the corner? Has been quite good these past four games.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by Eyeamok » Sun Feb 4, 2024 5:59 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:

Nobody wanted any part of him all game. Only player that even tried to guard him was Ricky Council.

After what he did to Reed on the first play of the game no one wanted anything to do with him.

Bring on the draft

Marlo
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#37 » by Eyeamok » Sun Feb 4, 2024 6:02 am

Negrodamus wrote:Missed the game: has Springer turned the corner? Has been quite good these past four games.

Nope not yet but Terquavion Smith had himself a game. He might have turned a corner.

Bring on the draft

Marlo
Decipher
Rookie
And1: 993

Post#38 » by Decipher » Sun Feb 4, 2024 6:13 am

Eyeamok wrote:
Decipher wrote:
the_process wrote:

Since you are here let me ask you this. What direction do you think the Nets are going in. Are they going to make Bridges their focal point for the future or trade him? Ben Simmons what do you do with this guy? He can come in and change a game for short spurts, in a big way, but he still is not looking to score. in the playoffs he is a liability and his contract is expiring. Do you keep him and if you do how much do you think he is worth? I think he is awesome coming off the bench...but that is me.

The owner has said that he’s not interested in tanking or a major rebuild as NYC market won’t tolerate it

Gut feeling is this has as much to do with his personal position at Alibaba as anything else

He’s just been made Chairman, is one of the 2 largest shareholders and doesn’t want to tip huge money into a NBA team while the company is restructuring

I think they see Bridges as a 2nd or 3rd wheel in a contender rather than the cornerstone plus he can be used to attract that sort of player in a year or so when we have max cap space

Simmons’ contract is a negative unless he can prove his fitness so no point trading him now & particularly when he’s an expiring next season.

The team is also much better when he plays & in theory, he’s a perfect foil for Thomas

In spite of all the speculation, I wouldn’t be surprised if moving Dinwiddie is our only move by the deadline - good guy but he looks done in Brooklyn and doesn’t fit anyway

Personally wouldn’t be against trading Clax for the right offer as Sharpe is almost as good & on a rookie deal

Sharpe plus say Drummond for a total of $8 million makes more sense to me than paying Clax $20 million per

Bottom line is that I think we’ll tread water for a while and hope like **** that Simmons can string a few games together
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,324

Post#39 » by Arsenal » Sun Feb 4, 2024 6:23 am

Apparently BBall was sick but tried to play. Obviously looked turrible. Tobias also caught a new illness after finally coming back last game.

Sickest team of all time. It’s becoming comical.

Seventy-Sicksers
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#40 » by Eyeamok » Sun Feb 4, 2024 6:30 am

Arsenal wrote:Apparently BBall was sick but tried to play. Obviously looked turrible. Tobias also caught a new illness after finally coming back last game.

Sickest team of all time. It’s becoming comical.

Seventy-Sicksers

Harris gave the book "How to box out" to Reed. But those book covers carry a lot of germs. Thank you Tobi.

Bring on the draft

Marlo

Return to Philadelphia 76ers