ImageImageImage

Official 2024 All-Star Weekend Thread Live from Indy

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,584

Re: Official 2024 All-Star Weekend Thread Live from Indy 

Post#41 » by SixthStreet » Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:10 am

People still watch the game? Seems odd to me why you'd spend 2 hours of your weekend watching that but I guess I'm the strange one.

They should cancel the game and play H-O-R-S-E, around the world, and knockout. Keep the 3 pt contest and add a 4 pt contest from another 6 feet out.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,805

Post#42 » by 76ciology » Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:05 am

I still think they should invite international pros or ex-NBA players to play. Players like Jabari Parker, Elfrid Payton, or Kenneth Faried may be inferior in talent, but they would give their all to showcase their skills for a possible NBA contract next season. There's a lot of untapped talent out there; just look at Micic, who's playing well for the Hornets after being given playing time.

What's the point of having all these talents when they're just doing exhibition shots, half-court attempts, and trying to be funny with missed dunks out there?

But the Rising Star/Rookie game was good, as were the 3-point contest and maybe the skills and dunk contest. The matchup between Steph and Sabrina was also enjoyable.

I appreciate Jalen Brown for his courage to join the dunk contest when he didn't have to.

However, I didn't like how Anthony Edwards and Scottie Barnes weren’t serious about shooting backward or shooting with their left hand.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,145

Post#43 » by mjkvol » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:58 am

76ciology wrote:However, I didn't like how Anthony Edwards and Scottie Barnes weren’t serious about shooting backward or shooting with their left hand.

The 'stars of tomorrow' setting the example.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,572

Post#44 » by GoSixersBro » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:48 pm

Tired of the fear of injury excuse. Not saying I wished this, but it would've been ironic to see someone twist an ankle dicking around in the game.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,145

Post#45 » by mjkvol » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:01 pm

GoSixersBro wrote:Tired of the fear of injury excuse. Not saying I wished this, but it would've been ironic to see someone twist an ankle dicking around in the game.

The only reason many even bother to show up is probably because of a contract bonus they get for 'playing' in the all-star game. You think these guys wouldn't rather be on an island somewhere for a week than taking part in this nonsense?
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,572

Post#46 » by GoSixersBro » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:13 pm

mjkvol wrote:
GoSixersBro wrote:Tired of the fear of injury excuse. Not saying I wished this, but it would've been ironic to see someone twist an ankle dicking around in the game.

The only reason many even bother to show up is probably because of a contract bonus they get for 'playing' in the all-star game. You think these guys wouldn't rather be on an island somewhere for a week than taking part in this nonsense?

I agree you're right, I just think this crop are ungrateful twats for the most part.

I feel like Maxey is the anti of today's star. Hope he continues to improve and stays humble. Great kid.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,204

Post#47 » by M2J » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:09 pm

I'll always maintain that Ben got injured on his dunk in the all star game 2020 on a hard transition dunk where he fell onto his back. Started missing games for it immediately after the all star break and has not been the same athlete since

Return to Philadelphia 76ers