Murray_17 wrote:Lowry got stitches and played 25 minutes lol

He's so gonna average like 30 minutes per game

Nurse is a weirdo
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,792

Re: Game 55 Sixers V Knicks: Can Not Lie 

Post#104 » by 76ciology » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:25 am

Tobi and Batum played poorly this game. They were outsized and didn't match the effort of guys like Hart or Achiuwa. There were a lot of possessions where Tobi didn't catch the ball, leading to turnovers, while Batum's presence wasn't felt at all. Both seem to be not used to the game speed, especially when we need to play faster or with more intensity.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,335

Post#105 » by Murray_17 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:31 am

We should never been 26 points below on the half but still. My conclusions:

Enough with the Bamba stuff, guy is just not an NBA player.
Lowry/Maxey lineups seems to be the route to go.
Thank god Melton comes back tomorrow because Payne needs to be sent to the same place Bamba goes.
I don't get why Nurse buried Council when he was playing well before the break.
Hield was playing WAAAAY above his head, i guess this is more of a traditional buddy hield game.
I'm so ready for Tobias's contract to finally expire
Covi_Marsh
Sophomore
And1: 76

Post#106 » by Covi_Marsh » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:31 am

With Embiid out, everyone is playing outside of their role. Oubre and Tobias think they can go off the bounce. At least Oubre finishes a good bit. Tobias really should be in Aaron Gordon role. Corner 3 or post when he gets a smaller defender on him. Pick n roll, iso etc need to be red lighted. Oubre 3s or cuts. Hield getting respect from teams. He couldn’t get open all game. And the drives were horrible. Lowry IQ is was a great sight.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,324

Post#107 » by Arsenal » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:32 am

76ciology wrote:Tobi and Batum played poorly this game. They were outsized and didn't match the effort of guys like Hart or Achiuwa. There were a lot of possessions where Tobi didn't catch the ball, leading to turnovers, while Batum's presence wasn't felt at all. Both seem to be not used to the game speed, especially when we need to play faster or with more intensity.

Both guys were atrocious. If The Contract actually showed up maybe we’d have had a chance. He shrank like it was the 2nd round.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,324

Post#108 » by Arsenal » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:33 am

Bright side is Lowry still has something in the tank. He will be big for us in the playoffs.
Covi_Marsh
Sophomore
And1: 76

Post#109 » by Covi_Marsh » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:33 am

To be fair to the team, Brunson was horrible but he set up his teammates. Maxey was looking to score. Everyone had to create their own shot. And we struggled to score.
phifans
Veteran
And1: 587

Post#110 » by phifans » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:38 am

Just bench Harris and give him no more than 15mins off the bench when our core guards need rest. We need to play three guards lineup more with Lowry Maxey Hield and Melton so pair them with athletic guys like KJ Counsil Oubry and Reed. Try to play Batum as a shooter to space the floor if he is not qualified then bench him entirely.
NYSixersFan
Analyst
And1: 1,606

Post#111 » by NYSixersFan » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:40 am

I'm sure Melton will save us. yea, right.

Have a look at the standings and schedule. We're finishing 8th.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,792

Post#112 » by 76ciology » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:45 am

I think Nurse could have easily used the KJ Martin at the 5 lineup with Lowry, Maxey, Hield, and Oubre to close the game. But my guess is he's trying to get Tobi and Batum to have a better feel for the game since both seem a step slow on everything after being away for like a week or so. I know everyone hates both guys right now, but we need both of them to be in the right condition to help our team in this stretch. On a side note, Nurse could have also gone with a Council-Bazley duo to back up the Oubre-KJ Martin duo in this game while rotating Maxey, Lowry, Hield, and Payne at the 1-2-3 positions.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,203

Post#113 » by M2J » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:47 am

By next week Nurse needs to do better.
phifans
Veteran
And1: 587

Post#114 » by phifans » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:47 am

76ciology wrote:I think Nurse could have easily used the KJ Martin at the 5 lineup with Lowry, Maxey, Hield, and Oubre to close the game. But my guess is he's trying to get Tobi and Batum to have a better feel for the game since both seem a step slow on everything after being away for like a week or so. I know everyone hates both guys right now, but we need both of them to be in the right condition to help our team in this stretch. On a side note, Nurse could have also gone with a Council-Bazley 3&4 duo to back up the Oubre-KJ Martin duo in this game while rotating Maxey, Lowry, Hield, and Payne at the 1-2-3 positions.

Harris and Batum are totally useless within three guards lineup. That's just not their game.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,613

Post#115 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:13 am

Nurse needs to settle on a rotation. KJ and Reed both need to play because they are our best rebounders and that is our biggest issue right now. Maxey, Melton, Lowry, and Hield are our guard rotation. Tobias makes 7, Council makes 8, Batum 9, Bamba 10. Shouldn't be too hard. How and when he plays them is where it gets challenging. We're getting killed on the boards right now and I don't see that changing any time soon.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,114

Post#116 » by mjkvol » Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:18 am

I'd honestly be very happy with a rotation of Lowry, Maxey, Hield, Oubre, Reed, Melton, Martin, Council, and let's see what Bazley has to offer. I've seen enough of Batum, and would like to see no more of Tobias, who pulled yet another invisible man routine tonight.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,035

Post#117 » by Negrodamus » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:19 am

mjkvol wrote:I'd honestly be very happy with a rotation of Lowry, Maxey, Hield, Oubre, Reed, Melton, Martin, Council, and let's see what Bazley has to offer. I've seen enough of Batum, and would like to see no more of Tobias, who pulled yet another invisible man routine tonight.

But maybe we can get his nothing on a sweetheart deal this upcoming free agency!
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,114

Post#118 » by mjkvol » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:34 am

Negrodamus wrote:
mjkvol wrote:I'd honestly be very happy with a rotation of Lowry, Maxey, Hield, Oubre, Reed, Melton, Martin, Council, and let's see what Bazley has to offer. I've seen enough of Batum, and would like to see no more of Tobias, who pulled yet another invisible man routine tonight.

But maybe we can get his nothing on a sweetheart deal this upcoming free agency!

Yeah, maybe for a 'bargain' price like $25 mil. Scary thing is after five years of this there are many here saying just that.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 652

Post#119 » by brannigan73 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:04 am

First off stop expecting Nurse to make chicken soup out of chicken you know what. This team was obviously only very good because Embiid was playing out his mind with an absurd usage rate and guys were able to fit into low pressure complimentary roles that fit most of those players limited skill sets outside of Maxey. The Knicks are missing Randle and Anunboy and still totally outclassed us. Id rather have Josh Hart and Divincenzo then anyone on the sixers besides Embiid, Maxey, and possibly Hield given there skill sets and reasonable contracts. Paul Reed sucks. Honestly I dont know what hold he has over the bigger homer sixers fans. He's too small and doesnt give much rim protection. He is also one of the most awkward looking players on offense I've ever seen The occassional blocked shot is not rim protection. Achiewa looked like a god against our trash centers. 41 wins is a good over and under wins if Embiid comes back late march. They may get over but not by much. This team is also horrendous on D without Embiid and Melton. We should keep Embiid out all year and get the best draft pick possible. Time to deal with the facts that this year is toast.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,203

Post#120 » by M2J » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:42 am

mjkvol wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

Yeah, maybe for a 'bargain' price like $25 mil. Scary thing is after five years of this there are many here saying just that.

Price just dropped to $20 mil

Return to Philadelphia 76ers