Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,033

Re: #2 Knicks vs #7 Sixers 

Post#341 » by Negrodamus » Wed May 1, 2024 4:19 am

Read on Twitter
?s=46

Man, he really like New York… maybe the rumors were true about him and NYK.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,828

Post#342 » by phillynative » Wed May 1, 2024 4:49 am

Eyeamok wrote:
phillynative wrote:
Arsenal wrote:BTW Miles McBride is a player development story. He was awful his first two seasons. Now in year 3 he breaks out in time to kick our ass. They patiently developed him at the back of the depth chart, then he was ready when minutes opened up after they moved Quickley.

When is the last time sixers have property developed a young player. Don't say Maxey his work ethic is on another level.

This organization is terrible.

Just so you know Morey brought in Harden. And Maxey credits Harden with teaching him so much about being a better player. And the step back 3 too. Then NN/Morey went out and got Lowry so that Maxey can learn about being a better player from a championship guard. Don't be so quick to dismiss the impact that Morey and company have had on Maey's development.

:lol:
Iverson Armband
Starter
And1: 1,616

Post#343 » by Iverson Armband » Wed May 1, 2024 5:11 am

Negrodamus wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46

Man, he really like New York… maybe the rumors were true about him and NYK.

Brunson, Hart and picks… unfortunately, the Knicks wouldn’t do it.
always a jump shot away.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,873

Post#344 » by stormi » Wed May 1, 2024 5:23 am

Negrodamus wrote:
Arsenal wrote:BTW Miles McBride is a player development story. He was awful his first two seasons. Now in year 3 he breaks out in time to kick our ass. They patiently developed him at the back of the depth chart, then he was ready when minutes opened up after they moved Quickley.

Yea, who could have seen his emergence....?

Just a reminder, he was THE guy at WVU on offense and completely shut down the other team's lead guard. Was Donovan Mitchell like in that regard. I was aghast that he went in the second round as a sophomore in college.

That's your +1

Annnd your -3 was pounding the table for RJ Hampton, who we would have definitely selected over Maxey if you were our lead scout that season

:naaa:
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,786

Post#345 » by 76ciology » Wed May 1, 2024 10:43 am

Key issues against the Knicks are being addressed:

1. Hustle and rebounding: This has been the major issue. It cost us game 1 to learn that these refs allow a lot of pushing and jumping over the back. After the big disparity in second chance points in game 1, the rebounding battle has mostly been close or we even got the edge in games 3 & 5. Embiid got 16 rebounds in game 5; maybe he has figured it out.

2. Outscoring our bench with McBride and Bogdanovic: However, Bogdanovic is out for the playoffs, which is the big issue now for the Knicks. While we have moved on from Hield, Payne has done a better job in the last 2-3 games, although he probably could still do better.

3. Being the better team down the stretch: A large part of it is breaking down on non-Embiid minutes. Hopefully, Embiid is developing how to play heavy minutes down the stretch, where I thought he was great on defense and specially on rebounding in game 5.

The Knicks are now down to 7 guys. That’s the biggest issue now for them, in my opinion. Their bench scoring is handicapped, and their guys are running out of gas down the stretch, which could narrow the energy gap between both our team and theirs.

Hopefully, game 5 is the turning point in the series that leads us to win the next 2 games.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#346 » by Negrodamus » Wed May 1, 2024 10:57 am

stormi wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

Just a reminder, he was THE guy at WVU on offense and completely shut down the other team's lead guard. Was Donovan Mitchell like in that regard. I was aghast that he went in the second round as a sophomore in college.

That's your +1

Annnd your -3 was pounding the table for RJ Hampton, who we would have definitely selected over Maxey if you were our lead scout that season

Hey man, I’m always wrong in the draft, particularly at the end of the first round. I hated Maxey in the draft. I’d still be holding out hope that Chandler Hutchinson was going to pan out like a total jackass if I were GM.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,612

Post#347 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Wed May 1, 2024 11:07 am

McBride is what we hoped Jaden Springer would become.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#348 » by Negrodamus » Wed May 1, 2024 12:10 pm

Legacy games for Maxey from here on out in this series. He takes us to the next round, then he’s on another level of star moving forward.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#349 » by Negrodamus » Wed May 1, 2024 12:30 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:McBride is what we hoped Jaden Springer would become.

I think I literally said this exact phrase when people on here were saying “Jaden is young, he’ll develop his shot and be a great 3&D”. Miles was right there and could already shoot!

The funny thing is I came to love Jaden because I’ve never seen a one on one defender completely shut down guards like he did. Would actually be pretty good in this series against Brunson if he could defend him without catching cheap fouls.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,960

Post#350 » by Mik317 » Wed May 1, 2024 12:54 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
stormi wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

That's your +1

Hey man, I’m always wrong in the draft, particularly at the end of the first round. I hated Maxey in the draft. I’d still be holding out hope that Chandler Hutchinson was going to pan out like a total jackass if I were GM.

TBF Hutchinson was/is an **** or something moreso than his talent IIRC
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,474

Post#351 » by Eyeamok » Wed May 1, 2024 2:01 pm

phillynative wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:
phillynative wrote:
When is the last time sixers have property developed a young player. Don't say Maxey his work ethic is on another level.

This organization is terrible.

Just so you know Morey brought in Harden. And Maxey credits Harden with teaching him so much about being a better player. And the step back 3 too. Then NN/Morey went out and got Lowry so that Maxey can learn about being a better player from a championship guard. Don't be so quick to dismiss the impact that Morey and company have had on Maey's development.

Tyrese Maxey credits James Harden for offensive growth.

https://www.si.com/nba/76ers/news/76ers-news-tyrese-maxey-credits-james-harden-for-offensive-growth#:~:text=Maxey%20was%20giving%20Crawford%20a,to%20moves%2C%22%20Maxey%20said.

The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

Bring on the draft

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,873

Post#352 » by stormi » Wed May 1, 2024 7:17 pm

Read on Twitter

Classy.
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#353 » by zaz102 » Wed May 1, 2024 9:45 pm

stormi wrote:
Read on Twitter

Classy.
Finally something I can get behind.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,332

Post#354 » by Murray_17 » Wed May 1, 2024 11:16 pm

So i'm suscribed to the Thinking Basketball Patreon and the player advanced board for the playoffs went live today.

Maxey has a 5.7 BPM which is tied for 10th best on the playoffs at the moment, Joel has a 6.1 BPM which is 6th.

Both are better than Brunson by more than 2 points, which shows again, the issue is the supporting cast.
Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 856

Post#355 » by Ferry Avenue » Wed May 1, 2024 11:46 pm

Murray_17 wrote:So i'm suscribed to the Thinking Basketball Patreon and the player advanced board for the playoffs went live today.

Maxey has a 5.7 BPM which is tied for 10th best on the playoffs at the moment, Joel has a 6.1 BPM which is 6th.

Both are better than Brunson by more than 2 points, which shows again, the issue is the supporting cast.

The "supporting cast" issue could very well reflect inadequate team leadership, which would be primarily a knock on Embiid.

Watch Shaq's commentary from halftime last night. He focuses on that very specifically. The TNT guys know how NBA teams function.
Murray_17
RealGM

Post#356 » by Murray_17 » Thu May 2, 2024 12:08 am

Ferry Avenue wrote:The "supporting cast" issue could very well reflect inadequate team leadership, which would be primarily a knock on Embiid.

Watch Shaq's commentary from halftime last night. He focuses on that very specifically. The TNT guys know how NBA teams function.

I don't think you know what BPM is.

I also don't understand how your take from my post is "Embiid has an issue of leadership reflected on how the team falls apart on the minutes he's not on the floor".

If you're gonna quote me, at least understand what's being said or what the stat discussed reflects. The only thing you're showing with this "gotcha" attempt, again, is that you talk about mentality and leadership because you cannot analyze the game outside of that.
Ferry Avenue
Starter

Post#357 » by Ferry Avenue » Thu May 2, 2024 12:18 am

Murray_17 wrote:
Ferry Avenue wrote:The "supporting cast" issue could very well reflect inadequate team leadership, which would be primarily a knock on Embiid.

I also don't understand how your take from my post is "Embiid has an issue of leadership reflected on how the team falls apart on the minutes he's not on the floor".

If you're gonna quote me, at least understand what's being said or what the stat discussed reflects. The only thing you're showing with this "gotcha" attempt, again, is that you talk about mentality and leadership because you cannot analyze the game outside of that.

"Gotcha" attempt? Man, lots of this place suffers from some sort of paranoia.
Murray_17
RealGM

Post#358 » by Murray_17 » Thu May 2, 2024 12:21 am

Ferry Avenue wrote:"Gotcha" attempt? Man, lots of this place suffers from some sort of paranoia.

What do you expect me to believe if I'm posting a state that reflects the value of guys while they're on the floor and you turn it around about how having the 6th best impact on the first round is a knock on Embiid's leadership?

I'm not even trying to defend Embiid here, most of the impact of embiid's BPM is probably on defense and him unlocking Maxey by screening and creating space for him to operate, but obviously that discussion its too difficult to have so "dog mentality uber allz"
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#359 » by Negrodamus » Thu May 2, 2024 12:29 am

Murray_17 wrote:

Embiid doesn't say "you're doing great out there, Kelly!" as he's taking his corner threes. That's why he blew 3 wide open three pointers yesterday. Sign of bad leadership.
Ferry Avenue
Starter

Post#360 » by Ferry Avenue » Thu May 2, 2024 12:35 am

Murray_17 wrote:
Ferry Avenue wrote:"Gotcha" attempt? Man, lots of this place suffers from some sort of paranoia.

What do you expect me to believe if I'm posting a state that reflects the value of guys while they're on the floor and you turn it around about how having the 6th best impact on the first round is a knock on Embiid's leadership?

I'm not even trying to defend Embiid here, most of the impact of embiid's BPM is probably on defense and him unlocking Maxey by screening and creating space for him to operate, but obviously that discussion its too difficult to have so "dog mentality uber allz"

Start at the one minute mark:

Return to Philadelphia 76ers