ImageImageImage

#2 Knicks vs #7 Sixers

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,262

Re: #2 Knicks vs #7 Sixers 

Post#301 » by ProcessDoctor » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:35 pm

I'll just say this is why Butler worked so well with Embiid. Embiid could dominate 3 quarters then give it to Jimmy in the 4th. That's the formula that works with him. He doesn't have the endurance to dominate all 4 quarters and we've done a bad job building around that sans Jimmy.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Payne/Downtin
Maxey/Melton/Hield
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,961

Post#302 » by sixers4real » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:00 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:I'll just say this is why Butler worked so well with Embiid. Embiid could dominate 3 quarters then give it to Jimmy in the 4th. That's the formula that works with him. He doesn't have the endurance to dominate all 4 quarters and we've done a bad job building around that sans Jimmy.

Bring back Butler?
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM

Post#303 » by ProcessDoctor » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:33 pm

sixers4real wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:I'll just say this is why Butler worked so well with Embiid. Embiid could dominate 3 quarters then give it to Jimmy in the 4th. That's the formula that works with him. He doesn't have the endurance to dominate all 4 quarters and we've done a bad job building around that sans Jimmy.

Bring back Butler?

I'd welcome it, but I honestly have no idea which direction Miami is headed towards.

Lowry/Payne/Downtin
Maxey/Melton/Hield
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 856

Post#304 » by Ferry Avenue » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:37 pm

76ciology wrote:[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=bJcUtOCSwzTqqyZgysWpbQ[/x]

That's a bit misleading. He scored 15 points in the 4th quarter of game 3. Yesterday that figured dropped to 1.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM

Post#305 » by ProcessDoctor » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:44 am

The series is over, but if there was ever a time to try Reed/Embiid, it's now.

Reed at $8 mil is useless if he can't be played next to Embiid.

Lowry/Payne/Downtin
Maxey/Melton/Hield
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,786

Post#306 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:41 am

Another brightside of not advancing past the first round is Paul Reed’s contract becomes non guaranteed.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#307 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:44 am

I’ll say it again.

Biid has to pace himself better.

Knicks blueprint has always been to weather the Embiid storm early. Save energy. Then go hard in the fourth when Embiid is like superman with kryptonite in his pocket.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#308 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:46 am

76ciology
RealGM

Post#309 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:32 am

[x]
Read on Twitter
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#310 » by Bum Adebayo » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:49 am

Ferry Avenue wrote:
76ciology wrote:[x]
Read on Twitter

That's a bit misleading. He scored 15 points in the 4th quarter of game 3. Yesterday that figured dropped to 1.

Because all he can do is foul hunt in crunch time, without those FT he is as good as useless in 4th quarters.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#311 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:16 am

Btw, has anyone covered how Knicks did a great job slowing down Maxey last game? I find that if we can find a breakthrough to their defense on Maxey, without Biid, then we can buy enough time for Biid to rest in the bench for crunch time.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#312 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:53 am

76ciology wrote:If a team can’t play double big, they will have a very hard time beating the Sixers. Heat were able to beat us because Tucker was able to defend Embiid like how he defended Jokic, where he will body him up and Heat would send weak side help.

Without a double big, Biid can just take it inside if he’s struggling with his jumper.

I dont know if OG can play bigger than his size.

Over the first three games in this series, OG Anunoby was primarily matched up (75.8 possessions) against Tyrese Maxey, the Sixers All-Star PG.

In Game 4 yesterday, (esp in the second half in with iHart in foul trouble), OG was primarily matched up (22.9 possessions) against Joel Embiid, the Sixers All-NBA center and the league's reigning MVP.

When defended by OG in this series, Embiid is 3-of-13 from the floor (23.1%).

OG is the most versatile/impactful defender in the NBA

Usually the curtain closes when this happens
Decipher
Rookie
And1: 992

Post#313 » by Decipher » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:09 am

76ciology wrote:I’ll say it again.

Biid has to pace himself better.

Knicks blueprint has always been to weather the Embiid storm early. Save energy. Then go hard in the fourth when Embiid is like superman with kryptonite in his pocket.

Saw an interesting stat today that shows Embiid being by far the highest primary defender of fga in the playoffs

It’s pretty hard for him to conserve energy when he’s doing virtually everything at both ends
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,203

Post#314 » by M2J » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:24 am

76ciology wrote:
76ciology wrote:If a team can’t play double big, they will have a very hard time beating the Sixers. Heat were able to beat us because Tucker was able to defend Embiid like how he defended Jokic, where he will body him up and Heat would send weak side help.

Without a double big, Biid can just take it inside if he’s struggling with his jumper.

I dont know if OG can play bigger than his size.

Over the first three games in this series, OG Anunoby was primarily matched up (75.8 possessions) against Tyrese Maxey, the Sixers All-Star PG.

In Game 4 yesterday, (esp in the second half in with iHart in foul trouble), OG was primarily matched up (22.9 possessions) against Joel Embiid, the Sixers All-NBA center and the league's reigning MVP.

When defended by OG in this series, Embiid is 3-of-13 from the floor (23.1%).

OG is the most versatile/impactful defender in the NBA

Usually the curtain closes when this happens

1. How productive was Maxey with OG on him chasing him around out of position? Real question, as I'm sure there were switches.

2. When they went with the OG on Joel defense, it's similar to what Celtics and Heat have done to him in the past. A perimeter defender is better equipped to defend his jumper and drives, plus they send help.... Especially if he gets too low. Joel is still not an elite passer from the low post.... So taking him away from the top of the key where passing is easier is an advantage to the defense.

3. What hurt the offense in the 4th when they went away from Joel was a lack of organization and execution. They ran half hearted double drags and screens at the top for Maxey. When they committed to Maxey, Batum, Lowry, Oubre failed to execute. I.E. there were a few plays where Maxey kicked it out of a trap, and guys didn't shoot the open look.... Other times where Oubre cut down to the paint where Tobias already was instead of staying on the wing for a clear pass around the perimeter for a 3 or even a drive. Plus Maxey missed some shots from 3 and at the rim.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#315 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:11 pm

Do you guys think this team will fight or they will fold? I want to be invested again on this playoff run but i just cant until they win game 5.

How about you guys?
Ferry Avenue
Starter

Post#316 » by Ferry Avenue » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:43 pm

76ciology wrote:Do you guys think this team will fight or they will fold? I want to be invested again on this playoff run but i just cant until they win game 5.

How about you guys?

A "fight" of this magnitude -- i.e., down 1-3 and playing away -- is generated by a player (or players, plural) on the team who displays that kind of spirit and mentality in the locker room before the game and on the court, and whose physical performance is dominant and consistent with it. I struggle to identify who on this team would reliably supply that. Brunson supplied that for the Knicks in game 4. Not sure who on the Sixers can be depended on for such a performance, both physically and emotionally.
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,961

Post#317 » by sixers4real » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:54 pm

76ciology wrote:Do you guys think this team will fight or they will fold? I want to be invested again on this playoff run but i just cant until they win game 5.

How about you guys?

I was so sure that we would lose Game 4. For some reason I’m not quite sure this series are over.

I think we can win today.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#318 » by Bum Adebayo » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:03 pm

Ferry Avenue wrote:

How about you guys?

A "fight" of this magnitude -- i.e., down 1-3 and playing away -- is generated by a player (or players, plural) on the team who displays that kind of spirit and mentality in the locker room before the game and on the court, and whose physical performance is dominant and consistent with it. I struggle to identify who on this team would reliably supply that. Brunson supplied that for the Knicks in game 4. Not sure who on the Sixers can be depended on for such a performance, both physically and emotionally.

Oubre is the only one I see with the passion and mental fortitude.
Ferry Avenue
Starter

Post#319 » by Ferry Avenue » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:06 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:
Ferry Avenue wrote:

How about you guys?

Oubre is the only one I see with the passion and mental fortitude.

I agree, but his physical performance is too spotty and inconsistent. Maxey needs to go out there and drop 40+ and have a game where he's totally on fire. Basically replicate Brunson's game 4 performance.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#320 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:55 pm

How about you guys?

I decided that im just gonna sleep this one out (there’s no excitement for me unlike the previous games). Its holiday in my country (labor day).

A lot of these losses brings back old bad memories.
G1 reminds me of the Hawks G3 (showboat then disaster)
G2 reminds me of Raps G7 (Brunson and Kawhi’s shot)
G4 reminds me of Celtics G6 (lid on the rim; I feel bad seeing my king trying his best but cant move)

Im not ready to love again :lol:

*G3 reminds me of Raps G3 (plane celebration)

Return to Philadelphia 76ers