ImageImageImage

#2 Knicks vs #7 Sixers

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,682

Re: #2 Knicks vs #7 Sixers 

Post#41 » by 76ciology » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:30 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:I don't know why so many on the GB are proclaiming the Knicks as overwhelming favorites in this matchup. They don't have Julius Randle and they don't have a ton of depth on that roster. I'm not saying we're a lock to beat them, but I think we can. This goes 7 games I think and I like our chances if Embiid can stay on the floor.

It makes winning sweeter
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,342

Post#42 » by eyeatoma » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:10 am

I know this is a knicks thread, but this is such great analysis.

So glad we have Nurse. What could have been last year, sigh...

phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,814

Post#43 » by phillynative » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:03 pm

eyeatoma wrote:I know this is a knicks thread, but this is such great analysis.

I can't see it
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,342

Post#44 » by eyeatoma » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:06 pm

phillynative wrote:

I can't see it
What does it say, when you click the link?

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,231

Post#45 » by cgf » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:10 pm

76ciology wrote:If a team can’t play double big, they will have a very hard time beating the Sixers. Heat were able to beat us because Tucker was able to defend Embiid like how he defended Jokic, where he will body him up and Heat would send weak side help.

Without a double big, Biid can just take it inside if he’s struggling with his jumper.

I dont know if OG can play bigger than his size.

Yeah, this is another spot where missing Julius hurts. He may make spectacularly awful decisions as a help guy sometimes, but he's a solid defender in general who can put a body on bigs. Joel's probably too powerful for OG to more than help on, but Achiuwa could be wildcard in this. He's played very well for us and plays much bigger than his size, so if Thibs needs to tweak our schemes, he does have that card to play.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,483

Post#46 » by Jailblazers7 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:44 pm

The lack of a stretch 5 for the Knicks will be a problem too. It’s by far the easiest way to attack our defense & they don’t have access to it.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,231

Post#47 » by cgf » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm

Jailblazers7 wrote:The lack of a stretch 5 for the Knicks will be a problem too. It’s by far the easiest way to attack our defense & they don’t have access to it.

There's a reason why there was a big camp on our board that wanted to bring KP back last summer :lol:

Though if we had a stretch 5 we probably wouldn't be as dominant on the glass and get as many 2nd chance points. Which has been huge for our offense & could be huge in this series if Joel has to pace himself; meaning he can't expend too much energy fight for boards.

Sucks that Silver can't just turn injuries off IRL. I'd love to see these teams play a series with both at 100% :-/
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,058

Post#48 » by Sixerscan » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:31 pm

I expect nurse to eventually figure out how to clamp down an offense that really only has one creator. May take a few games.

Would think almost every non-center in the rotation will take a turn on Brunson early while they figure it out. We have as many options as any team in the league there even assuming Melton can’t get back.

Between whatever is going on with Embiid health wise and the way i assume the Knicks are going to try to swarm him this needs to be a big Maxey series.

Actually think there’s a version of Tobias that could have had a big series here but not sure if that guy exists anymore. Him or Oubre could make a lot of money this summer by taking it to OG.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,682

Post#49 » by 76ciology » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:35 pm

Jailblazers7 wrote:The lack of a stretch 5 for the Knicks will be a problem too. It’s by far the easiest way to attack our defense & they don’t have access to it.

Biid would slide to defend Hart. If im not mistaken, he defended Jacquez when Heat played small with Love at the 5.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,123

Post#50 » by Kobblehead » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:37 pm

Both the Sixers and Knicks struggle on the defensive glass but excel on the offensive glass. So it should be a frustrating series for both fanbases seeing their team give up a bunch of 2nd chance points lol.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#51 » by Bum Adebayo » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:31 pm

The key to this series will be the x-factors, Oubre is that for us. If he can raise his level for Playoffs, which I believe he can, then we win with 90% likelyhood. Of course, Embiid also need to be at 100%, which means merely a good player in playoffs.
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,861

Post#52 » by Phila Tough » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:52 pm

I like that NY hates Boston too
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,572

Post#53 » by SixthStreet » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:53 pm

The team that's going to beat us in a 7 game series is going to have to be able to pull Embiid out of the paint on defense. The Knicks aren't a threat to beat us. Embiid singlehanded will make it very difficult for them to score.

I am supremely confident assuming health. This is over in 6 or less.

The fanbase is jaded by the Heat weirdness in the play-in game. That's a team that would have likely taken the Celtics to 7 we just beat.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,583

Post#54 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:57 pm

The Knicks are actually one of my favorite teams in the league. Can't really hate on them. I expect this to be a good ass series.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,457

Post#55 » by Eyeamok » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:34 pm

That was awesome.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

Bring on the draft

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,197

Post#56 » by M2J » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:47 pm

76ciology wrote:One thing to be cautious about on our part is that the Knicks have two starting-quality bigs with 10 fouls to give. This will really test Embiid's conditioning, as there won't be any rest for the full 48 minutes.

Nurse could also keep hunting Brunson and exhaust him. Taking away Brunson could leave a big hole in the Knicks' offense.

It will be really hard for Brunson to operate with Embiid able to stay in the paint and provide help defense, while being defended individually by 6’8” to 6’9” defenders like Oubre or Batum. Brunson's in-between game consisting of fakes and pivots will be hard to pull off under such defensive pressure.

If there was series where a double big lineup could be helpful, it's this one. Reed is an effort guy. Knicks are not a tough team to defend, but Reed could get back in transition and crash the boards on both ends.

I think Joel should be used as a decoy and dho guy primarily. But, if they are willing to go one on one with him Even with 2 good centers, that's a huge win for Philly. He'll score and get to the line easy. His few one on one opportunities vs Bam on Wednesday were good possessions.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,583

Post#57 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:17 pm

Don't sleep on Tobias this series. This is a good matchup for him. I know he's been terrible lately, but he's got a great opportunity in this one.
Snotbubbles
Sixth Man
And1: 1,501

Post#58 » by Snotbubbles » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:20 pm

SixthStreet wrote:The team that's going to beat us in a 7 game series is going to have to be able to pull Embiid out of the paint on defense. The Knicks aren't a threat to beat us. Embiid singlehanded will make it very difficult for them to score.

I am supremely confident assuming health. This is over in 6 or less.

The fanbase is jaded by the Heat weirdness in the play-in game. That's a team that would have likely taken the Celtics to 7 we just beat.

Thought the same thing. The zone defense that Miami was running was the main culprit in the poor play. It was confusing not only to Embiid, but to the entire Sixers team in that first half (11 TOs in 1st half v 4 TOs in the 2nd half).

Why I like the Sixers in this series is that: 1) they have Nurse to figure out schemes when things don't work; 2) they have the best player on the court; 3) they are deeper; and 4) the way they turned up the pressure in the 2nd half against Miami showed me they have another gear they can go to if they need it.
Embiid-MVP
Junior
And1: 221

Post#59 » by Embiid-MVP » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:28 pm

cgf wrote:
76ciology wrote:If a team can’t play double big, they will have a very hard time beating the Sixers. Heat were able to beat us because Tucker was able to defend Embiid like how he defended Jokic, where he will body him up and Heat would send weak side help.

Without a double big, Biid can just take it inside if he’s struggling with his jumper.

I dont know if OG can play bigger than his size.

Yeah, this is another spot where missing Julius hurts. He may make spectacularly awful decisions as a help guy sometimes, but he's a solid defender in general who can put a body on bigs. Joel's probably too powerful for OG to more than help on, but Achiuwa could be wildcard in this. He's played very well for us and plays much bigger than his size, so if Thibs needs to tweak our schemes, he does have that card to play.

Marcus Smart was able to guard Embiid at times. If OG can't then he's very much a nobody at that point. Hope he can't lol
:banghead:
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#60 » by Bum Adebayo » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:28 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:Don't sleep on Tobias this series.

I'm sleeping with the A/C on 60.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers