Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,790

Re: #2 Knicks vs #7 Sixers 

Post#321 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:00 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:
Ferry Avenue wrote:
76ciology wrote:Do you guys think this team will fight or they will fold? I want to be invested again on this playoff run but i just cant until they win game 5.

How about you guys?

A "fight" of this magnitude -- i.e., down 1-3 and playing away -- is generated by a player (or players, plural) on the team who displays that kind of spirit and mentality in the locker room before the game and on the court, and whose physical performance is dominant and consistent with it. I struggle to identify who on this team would reliably supply that. Brunson supplied that for the Knicks in game 4. Not sure who on the Sixers can be depended on for such a performance, both physically and emotionally.

Oubre is the only one I see with the passion and mental fortitude.

Oubre is bad in reading the defense. So Knicks tries to confuse him in screen setting which he has a hard time navigating. He also is frequently just ball watching on rebs, he’s 6’9” with 7’2” wingspan and is the most athletic wing out there he can do a better job in grabbing boards. Not to mention that he makes some really bad plays down the stretch like that foul on McBride shooting 3s

But yeah, I also like him. He is there with Maxey and Lowry as guys who has good motor on the team. Im just saying that his decision making is not championship caliber. But hey, JR Smith is an NBA champ and we need that type of player I guess
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#322 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:01 pm

Decipher wrote:
76ciology wrote:I’ll say it again.

Biid has to pace himself better.

Knicks blueprint has always been to weather the Embiid storm early. Save energy. Then go hard in the fourth when Embiid is like superman with kryptonite in his pocket.

Saw an interesting stat today that shows Embiid being by far the highest primary defender of fga in the playoffs

It’s pretty hard for him to conserve energy when he’s doing virtually everything at both ends

It’s nice to have him be that. But I’d rather have him be not that good on his DFA (still good but not THAT good) and then have him grabbing boards and saving his energy down the stretch.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,035

Post#323 » by Negrodamus » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:04 pm

I think we win tonight. A lot of vets on the team and Embiid doesn't want to get waxed out of the playoffs to what he perceives is a worse team. I think it's decisive tonight and probably an L at home in game 6. I don't think we're capable of riding the momentum train; rarely have been able to do that.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#324 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:04 pm

We just have to find a way for Maxey to carry the scoring of the second unit.

Nurse has to trust Reed. He’s delusional to think Embiid can play that much minutes. He shouldn’t listen to what Embiid says. To be frank, Biid is immature and REALLY bad in making decisions.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#325 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:35 pm

In the 98 minutes Deuce McBride has been on the floor in this series, New York has outscored Philly by 29 points. 

In the 94 minutes Deuce McBride has been on the bench in this series, Philly has outscored New York by 25 points.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,321

Post#326 » by Arsenal » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:42 pm

76ciology wrote:In the 98 minutes Deuce McBride has been on the floor in this series, New York has outscored Philly by 29 points. 

In the 94 minutes Deuce McBride has been on the bench in this series, Philly has outscored New York by 25 points.

Goddamn McBride has killed us. Finding diamonds in the rough like him for cheap is why the NYK front office is fantastic. We desperately need to find guys like that.
Iverson Armband
Starter
And1: 1,617

Post#327 » by Iverson Armband » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:00 pm

76ciology wrote:In the 98 minutes Deuce McBride has been on the floor in this series, New York has outscored Philly by 29 points. 

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a stat that so accurately matched what I’ve been seeing with my own eyes.
always a jump shot away.
Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 857

Post#328 » by Ferry Avenue » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:13 pm

Iverson Armband wrote:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a stat that so accurately matched what I’ve been seeing with my own eyes.

Right, but it doesn't mean he's the active ingredient, necessarily. If McBride's minutes coincide with those (on or off) of another influential player(s) on either team, that other player(s) could very well be responsible for McBride's +/-.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,105

Post#329 » by mjkvol » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:55 pm

76ciology wrote:Do you guys think this team will fight or they will fold? I want to be invested again on this playoff run but i just cant until they win game 5.

How about you guys?

I think we'll get a very good idea early on. Something tells me they're going to play hard, and the first few minutes in each half it will be critical to keep the crowd out of the game as much as possible. We shall see.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#330 » by Arsenal » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:19 pm

BTW Miles McBride is a player development story. He was awful his first two seasons. Now in year 3 he breaks out in time to kick our ass. They patiently developed him at the back of the depth chart, then he was ready when minutes opened up after they moved Quickley.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,963

Post#331 » by Mik317 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:28 pm

How about you guys?

been waiting for the classic stanker game all series.

hope its not tonight lol
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#332 » by Bum Adebayo » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:04 pm

Arsenal wrote:

Goddamn McBride has killed us. Finding diamonds in the rough like him for cheap is why the NYK front office is fantastic. We desperately need to find guys like that.

We did that with Oubre, a player like him for the minimum is a **** steal, it's just you guys were convinced he was a failure.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#333 » by Bum Adebayo » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:06 pm

It's not out of the realm we make it to Game 7, I would say 40% chance if you ask me.
However, we all know Embiid's record in Game 7, 0W 3L, just saying before you get too excited lol
Snotbubbles
Sixth Man
And1: 1,520

Post#334 » by Snotbubbles » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:55 pm

I'm so tired of seeing the Sixers build a lead and then give it all right back when Embiid goes to the bench. Matching that contract was a terrible move. Paul Reed stinks.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,828

Post#335 » by phillynative » Wed May 1, 2024 3:23 am

Arsenal wrote:BTW Miles McBride is a player development story. He was awful his first two seasons. Now in year 3 he breaks out in time to kick our ass. They patiently developed him at the back of the depth chart, then he was ready when minutes opened up after they moved Quickley.

When is the last time sixers have property developed a young player. Don't say Maxey his work ethic is on another level.

This organization is terrible.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,828

Post#336 » by phillynative » Wed May 1, 2024 3:24 am

I blame Morey
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,474

Post#337 » by Eyeamok » Wed May 1, 2024 3:41 am

phillynative wrote:
Arsenal wrote:BTW Miles McBride is a player development story. He was awful his first two seasons. Now in year 3 he breaks out in time to kick our ass. They patiently developed him at the back of the depth chart, then he was ready when minutes opened up after they moved Quickley.

When is the last time sixers have property developed a young player. Don't say Maxey his work ethic is on another level.

This organization is terrible.

Just so you know Morey brought in Harden. And Maxey credits Harden with teaching him so much about being a better player. And the step back 3 too. Then NN/Morey went out and got Lowry so that Maxey can learn about being a better player from a championship guard. Don't be so quick to dismiss the impact that Morey and company have had on Maey's development.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

Bring on the draft

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,035

Post#338 » by Negrodamus » Wed May 1, 2024 3:43 am

Yea, who could have seen his emergence....?

Just a reminder, he was THE guy at WVU on offense and completely shut down the other team's lead guard. Was Donovan Mitchell like in that regard. I was aghast that he went in the second round as a sophomore in college.
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#339 » by Arsenal » Wed May 1, 2024 3:55 am

Negrodamus wrote:

Yea, who could have seen his emergence....?

Just a reminder, he was THE guy at WVU on offense and completely shut down the other team's lead guard. Was Donovan Mitchell like in that regard. I was aghast that he went in the second round as a sophomore in college.

Good call, you were on him from the jump.
XTC
Head Coach
And1: 6,334

Post#340 » by XTC » Wed May 1, 2024 4:00 am

Raps fan chiming in...

I have a horse in this race because I honestly love OG Anunoby, and I still remember Maxey torching us in the playoffs. With that being said... Maxey is such a **** STUD!!! What he did at the MSG, just shows what type of talent you guys have... I'm jealous. Good luck guys.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers