ImageImageImage

Game 3: Sixers (0-2) vs. Knicks (2-0) | Thu Apr 25 7:30 PM (EST) TV: NBCSNP, TNT

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Place your bets

Poll ended at Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:37 pm

PHI -4.5
44%
NYK +4.5
11%
PHI ML (-180)
33%
NYK (+152)
11%

Total votes: 9

LordCovington33
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,796

Re: Game 3: Sixers (0-2) vs. Knicks (2-0) | Thu Apr 25 7:30 PM (EST) TV: NBCSNP, TNT 

Post#441 » by LordCovington33 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:59 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
76ciology wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=hxv70-WDWu0V1qrLQGAi0g&s=19

Confirmed

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

The timing is just ridiculous

It should go away if it's mild. Nerve damage is what usually causes it. Maybe the Siakam elbow or Markelle Fultz? Who knows? Jos been through hell. Guy is a warrior.

High blood pressure and HPV are other causes, but yeah, yours sounds more reasonable.
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant

Re: Game 3: Sixers (0-2) vs. Knicks (2-0) | Thu Apr 25 7:30 PM (EST) TV: NBCSNP, TNT 

Post#442 » by LordCovington33 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:01 am

Mik317 wrote:Biid has to be smarter from now on

won't be able to get away with the Draymond-ing; we used our make up call quota now.

He made some questionable decisions, to put it mildly.
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect
And1: 347

Post#443 » by Jhawk03 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:07 am

LordCovington33 wrote:
Mik317 wrote:Biid has to be smarter from now on

won't be able to get away with the Draymond-ing; we used our make up call quota now.

He made some questionable decisions, to put it mildly.

Pushing someone while their back is turned causing serious injury is a questionable decision, to put it mildly.

Ok I'm out, I'll ban myself.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,821

Post#444 » by phillynative » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:19 am

Like I said it was obviouse Embiid was frustrated during the Mitchell pull down play but I also believe it looked worse because he didn't want him falling on his legs. It is what it is.

Everyone's going to blow it out of proportion because it's Embiid. My main concern is him making risky plays in the heat of the moment.
He did tone it down as the game went on.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,600

Post#445 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:03 am

LordCovington33 wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
76ciology wrote:
The timing is just ridiculous

It should go away if it's mild. Nerve damage is what usually causes it. Maybe the Siakam elbow or Markelle Fultz? Who knows? Jos been through hell. Guy is a warrior.

High blood pressure and HPV are other causes, but yeah, yours sounds more reasonable.

Yeah that's another reason why for sure. Even stress can cause it. I'm no doctor, but nerve damage and stress combined could be it, but who TF knows with him? All I know is as of right now, I've had zero complaints about Embiid in the playoffs. He's battled like a gladiator
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,987

Post#446 » by Negrodamus » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:07 am

I don’t think Embiid was trying to hurt him but it was definitely a dangerous and stupid play. I think he was charged appropriately for the play, but I also don’t understand the flagrant foul system as it’s all very subjective and far less forgiving than even 10 years ago.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,600

Post#447 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:17 am

There's a lot going on that we don't see and hear with the players during the game. Knicks players have done their fair share of grabbing, holding, and elbowing, and overall dirty ****. I'm sure Embiid is tired of guys falling on his knee and trying to hurt him. It was blatantly obvious last year when Claxton was trying to do it to him. Then Kuminga does it to him, and while that was inadvertent, enough is enough. Embiid has to protect himself. Emotions are high in the playoffs and this series has been a war. Embiid needs to tone down the risk plays, but this is the playoffs and those Vah-jay-jay haters over on the GB can all cry in the car with each other for all I care. I'm staying away from that toxic wasteland.
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,516

Post#448 » by Jailblazers7 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:01 pm

Yeah, I didn’t like that foul by Embiid but I can understand the root of his frustration that led to him lashing out.

The concerning thing coming out of that game for me is that the Knicks realized Embiid isn’t the defensive presence he normally is. They were giving him a lot of respect in games 1/2 because of his reputation but they attacked him at the rim & in PnR in game 3.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#449 » by Negrodamus » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:13 pm

Gordon: 29pts
Porter: 20pts
Jokic: 24pts
Murray: 22pts

Embiid: 50pts
Maxey: 25pts
Oubre: 15pts
Harris: 10pts

Even if we make it to the Finals, wtf are we going to do about that foursome? Just hope Embiid and Maxey average 75ppg for the series? Even getting 15 out of Oubre, a minium contract, is a chore. I think the "prize", in my eyes, is getting to the ECF because we don't have the firepower to beat the Nuggets and we'll get obliterated by the Celtics in every facet in a seven game series. The only way we go beyond ECF is if Embiid goes full 2001 Shaq mode on one leg and a drooping face. We might even need that to survive this and the next series, lol.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,882

Post#450 » by HotelVitale » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:55 pm

phillynative wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:
phillynative wrote:
No it's not sustainable. It's the Tobi and Hield being bums hurting us.

Embiid and Maxey have done their job 3 straight games. The 3rd and 4th highest players have given us nothing meanwhile every player that steps on the floor for the knicks they are contributing.

Eh, Oubre was great in the 1st and had some sweet plays in the 4th, Cam Payne was ridiculous in the 2nd, Batum and Lowry played really well too.

Knicks role players played better than ours but this wasn't the game to complain about the supporting cast. Tobias, yes, but that's the expectation at this point.

Eh, Tobi and Hield not being able to step up at home is concerning when you factor in the Knicks roles guys still played well in our building. Unless you are expecting cam payne to come in and be the guy he was tonite for the rest of the series...

Sounds like you're moving the posts here and also making a complain-y point. First couple games we got nothing from anyone except Maxey/Embiid, this game lots of guys stepped up and played really well at some points. Big reason we won the game handily, Embiid was great in the 3rd but so were other guys.

In any case, we don't need every guy to play perfectly and have the whole roster firing on all cylinders to beat the Knicks. We're more talented than them so we just need to play well overall and have some of the role players show up. Obviously it sucks that Tobias has become a shell of himself and Hield can't even hit open shots, but if that's what you're taking away from this game then you're probably too deep in nega-nitpicking doom mode. (Also Embiid had a great game but Brunson wasn't far behind, he's not going to go far 40 and 13 dimes every night

Also remember the Knicks role players are probably playing unsustainably well. Hart's at 21/11/4 on 63% TS, Hartenstein has a 66% TS, OG and McBride are both at or over 60% TS. Players not named Jalen Brunson are shooting like 45% from 3 as a whole. Not saying they'll cool off and we'll coast, just that again we don't need every single player to be great to win. We just need to get enough from a handful of different guys and also hope their guys don't go ballistic.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,449

Post#451 » by eyeatoma » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:57 pm

Negrodamus wrote:Gordon: 29pts

Even if we make it to the Finals, wtf are we going to do about that foursome? Just hope Embiid and Maxey average 75ppg for the series? Even getting 15 out of Oubre, a minium contract, is a chore. I think the "prize", in my eyes, is getting to the ECF because we don't have the firepower to beat the Nuggets and we'll get obliterated by the Celtics in every facet in a seven game series. The only way we go beyond ECF is if Embiid goes full 2001 Shaq mode on one leg and a drooping face. We might even need that to survive this and the next series, lol.

If we get to the finals, something will have clicked. Gordon isn't also going to consistently go for 29, he averages abotu 13-15 ppg.
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant

Post#452 » by LordCovington33 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:59 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
LordCovington33 wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:

Yeah that's another reason why for sure. Even stress can cause it. I'm no doctor, but nerve damage and stress combined could be it, but who TF knows with him? All I know is as of right now, I've had zero complaints about Embiid in the playoffs. He's battled like a gladiator

He’s fought hard. No doubt about that
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,039

Post#453 » by mjkvol » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:06 pm

76ciology wrote:Mitchell Robinson walked out of Wells Fargo Center tonight wearing a boot on his left foot. WWE level acting

Yeah, now watch Silver and his henchmen suspend Embiid from a game after seeing that. Then Robinson suits up like nothing happened - mission accomplished.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#454 » by Negrodamus » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:07 pm

eyeatoma wrote:

If we get to the finals, something will have clicked. Gordon isn't also going to consistently go for 29, he averages abotu 13-15 ppg.

Yea, but I feel like Jokic and Murray are low on their scoring numbers so far. I'm more pointing out that it's nice for them to hit on two guys who, at minimum, reach expectations in Porter and Gordon to insulate their stars. We're currently hoping a dude who flunked out of Charlotte and came here on a minimum contract makes up for our max contract embarrassment. The rest of the scoring comes from a 38 year old PG, 35 year old PF who was considering retiring after being traded lol, Cam Payne, and Buddy Hield.... Some of these guys show up sometimes, but the onus of our scoring load is squarely on the shoulders of Embiid and Maxey. Expecting us to go anywhere past the first round is incredibly ambitious when you run the numbers and really look at our team for what it is.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#455 » by eyeatoma » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:10 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Yea, but I feel like Jokic and Murray are low on their scoring numbers so far. I'm more pointing out that it's nice for them to hit on two guys who, at minimum, reach expectations in Porter and Gordon to insulate their stars. We're currently hoping a dude who flunked out of Charlotte and came here on a minimum contract makes up for our max contract embarrassment. The rest of the scoring comes from a 38 year old PG, 35 year old PF who was considering retiring after being traded lol, Cam Payne, and Buddy Hield.... Some of these guys show up sometimes, but the onus of our scoring load is squarely on the shoulders of Embiid and Maxey. Expecting us to go anywhere past the first round is incredibly ambitious when you run the numbers and really look at our team for what it is.

Generally when Embiid and Maxey are scoring like this, we dominate and blow teams out. It'll even out as the Knicks get more cold, and the law of averages come into play. Likewise, the players who are in a funk now will get better, maybe not all of them, but some will. If not, we reload for next year, but we have a wide open road to the finals, especially with the Celtics having trouble now. Lots of things can happen if we ever get there, so I think it's a little premature to worry about it now. THese guys are doing this against the Lakers, who are absolute ass. They won't be as hot against Minnesotta/Dallas or OKC.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#456 » by mjkvol » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:20 pm

stormi wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:Fellas, I missed this one. How'd Embiid look tonight health wise? I mean...He dropped 50.

Even at his state he's still the best player on the floor, and it's obvious. Had a really hot shooting night from 3 and did a decent job playing within the pace of the game.

His movement is still noticeably off. He's hobbled. His lift hasn't returned and he's been unable to pivot or defend in space with much effectiveness. His defense has been hit much harder by this injury than his offense has.

On an aside, watching this Nuggets game and marveled at Aaron Gordon's impact (as per usual). Physical freak, dominates transitions and the glass, secondary rim protection, elite finishing in traffic, active off ball.

I just looked at Tobias Harris and sighed.

Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing when watching Gordon last night, but then I do the same when watching any competent wing or PF much less a stud like Gordon. Scary the extent that having an albatross like Tobias has hurt this franchise both on the court and off with regard to being able to properly build around Embiid over the last five years.

Interesting, I didn't think Embiid looked as gimpy last night as he did in NY, but then settling for all those 3's also conserved a ton of energy. Thank goodness he was red hot. But he is definitely compromised defensively and on the boards.

Embiid has never gotten his full due because of the playoff failures, but he's a freak of nature which we'll look back years from now wondering why he wasn't more appreciated.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#457 » by Negrodamus » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:28 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Jo probably has Bell's Palsy

Read on Twitter

I can't wait for Joel to finally reach the ECF looking like Harvey Dent after the explosion.

Not that the idea was THAT original, but one of you on reddit, lol?

https://www.reddit.com/r/sixers/comments/1cdbowu/embiid_for_this_playoff_run/
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#458 » by mjkvol » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:36 pm

HotelVitale wrote:Also remember the Knicks role players are probably playing unsustainably well. Hart's at 21/11/4 on 63% TS, Hartenstein has a 66% TS, OG and McBride are both at or over 60% TS. Players not named Jalen Brunson are shooting like 45% from 3 as a whole. Not saying they'll cool off and we'll coast, just that again we don't need every single player to be great to win. We just need to get enough from a handful of different guys and also hope their guys don't go ballistic.

This exactly. They are getting inflated results from role players while we are living and dying on Embiid and Maxey being heroic, and yet we should be up 2-1. Oubre finally broke out a little, and Payne contributed - if we can get the same from any 2-3 of Oubre, Payne, Hield, Lowry, or Batum from game to game, it will be the difference. No way guys like Hart and Hartenstein can maintain this kind of pace over a long series.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#459 » by eyeatoma » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:41 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Jo probably has Bell's Palsy

Read on Twitter

I can't wait for Joel to finally reach the ECF looking like Harvey Dent after the explosion.

Not that the idea was THAT original, but one of you on reddit, lol?

https://www.reddit.com/r/sixers/comments/1cdbowu/embiid_for_this_playoff_run/

I wish I came up with that ****~
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,723

Post#460 » by 76ciology » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:52 pm

I understand that Maxey and Embiid need more help, but I think focusing solely on the top 4 scorers doesn't take into account that we were able to score 124 points in that match, compared to just 112 points for the Nuggets.

Additionally, the Knicks are a top 10 defensive team, while the Lakers are only around a top 20 defensive team.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers