ImageImageImage

Game 4: Sixers (1-2) vs. Knicks (2-1) | Sun Apr 28 1:00 PM (EST) TV: ABC

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Place your bets, gentlemen (unless you play for one of these teams)!

Poll ended at Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:28 pm

PHI - 5
70%
NYK +5
20%
PHI ML (-190)
10%
NYK ML (+160)
No votes

Total votes: 10

NYSixersFan
Analyst
And1: 1,604

Re: Game 4: Sixers (1-2) vs. Knicks (2-1) | Sun Apr 28 1:00 PM (EST) TV: ABC 

Post#381 » by NYSixersFan » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:38 pm

the_process wrote:
NYSixersFan wrote:Don't understand at the refusal to try Reed with Embiid

Reed is clearly too spastic to be trusted by a team that thinks of itself as a contender. He’s going to be gone anyway now.

I've said numerous times I think he stinks and that one of the positives of losing in the 1str round is getting his contract off the books.

However, when you're playing other guys who stink and can't rebound, you might as well try Reed with Embiid.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,985

Post#382 » by ankle420breaker » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:40 pm

Mik317 wrote:
ankle420breaker wrote:
Embiid P wrote:
He also played the entire second half due to our team going to the **** whenever he sits. He just doesn't have the stamina to play 44 minutes, unfortunately and it showed in the 4th.
Well, that's some beta ****. Him being too tired to contribute down the stretch of a close 'must-win' playoff game at home is no excuse.

Sent from my SM-S901U using RealGM mobile app

I mean dude is playing on one leg and with half a face....and was the reason we were even in the game in the third.

The plan down the stretch seemed to be to have Maxey close out and for Biid to focus more on defense. Especially since the Knicks were selling out to stop Biid from even getting the ball.

again the beta or not an alpha stuff is stupid when there is actual reasoning behind stuff.
The total lack of rebounding effort as our superstar center? Offensive aggression in the 4th?

We probably just have different standards, but I'm not giving him flowers for contributing in the 3rd and then calling it a night while the Knicks solidify the series on our home court.

the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,796

Post#383 » by the_process » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:40 pm

NYSixersFan wrote:
the_process wrote:

Reed is clearly too spastic to be trusted by a team that thinks of itself as a contender. He’s going to be gone anyway now.

I've said numerous times I think he stinks and that one of the positives of losing in the 1str round is getting his contract off the books.

However, when you're playing other guys who stink and can't rebound, you might as well try Reed with Embiid.

I’m in favor of giving Tobias’ minutes to Reed for Game 5. Why not? Certainly won’t hurt anything, Tobias gives you nothing.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#384 » by Bum Adebayo » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:42 pm

I just think people don't want to stop believing in Embiid because he is the face of The Process. Admitting he is a fraud would automatically mean that The Process has been a failure, people cannot accept that. I think we should just move on though, it's ok to get it wrong sometimes, the most important thing is to learn from mistakes.
FlyingArrow
Starter
And1: 1,452

Post#385 » by FlyingArrow » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:42 pm

Oubre played well. The only player who gets kudos without qualification.

Maxey played well, but not well enough for a star player in a playoff game.

Embiid played okay. Great game for any Sixer not named Embiid or Maxey. Again, not well enough for a star player in a playoff game.

Harris played bad. Getting beat by Brunson - though just about everybody was this game. Missing around the rim - reminded me of the Hawks series.

Lowry had some good plays, but 1-6 doesn't get it done.

The bench was 2-11. There were some good plays (e.g. Paul's block, Payne's 3), but the ball has to go in the hoop more.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,945

Post#386 » by Mik317 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:46 pm

ankle420breaker wrote:
Mik317 wrote:
ankle420breaker wrote:Well, that's some beta ****. Him being too tired to contribute down the stretch of a close 'must-win' playoff game at home is no excuse.

I mean dude is playing on one leg and with half a face....and was the reason we were even in the game in the third.

The plan down the stretch seemed to be to have Maxey close out and for Biid to focus more on defense. Especially since the Knicks were selling out to stop Biid from even getting the ball.

again the beta or not an alpha stuff is stupid when there is actual reasoning behind stuff.
The total lack of rebounding effort as our superstar center? Offensive aggression in the 4th?

We probably just have different standards, but I'm not giving him flowers for contributing in the 3rd and then calling it a night while the Knicks solidify the series on our home court.

Because the game plan is for him to box out his man and for others to get the boards to push the break. He can't **** jump atm.

and again this just feels like the worst time to call him out on effort after game 3, and him closing out against Miami. Look I have been waiting the game for Biid to play the woe is me type game and it hasn't happened yet.

Thats my issue rn... can Biid be a better leader, closer, rebounder, all that jazz...yes. In the past he has shown the compensity to for lack of a better word...quit when things suck. I just don't think that is what is happening THIS time. Which makes all of the usual suspects running out to gloat feel even more lame than normal...as its not even the best time to do it IMO.

but the fact of the matter is that some have already made up their minds and just want Biid gone and thats fine I guess. I'm over it.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,511

Post#387 » by eyeatoma » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:50 pm

Read on Twitter

Didn't see this. How do you **** that up, that rebound was right there for the taking. This is what happens when you're 2nd star is 23. **** ups will happen. Problem is Tobias, Embiid injuries, and Daryl dropping the ball getting Hield.

Reload next year, and pray for Embiid's health.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,827

Post#388 » by phillynative » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:51 pm

OG and Hart combined for 31 mothertrucking rebounds.

The Knicks have the sixers figured out. They are more athletic , more grity and more physical and they know that because of that they will always have a chance.
brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 651

Post#389 » by brannigan73 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:54 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:I just think people don't want to stop believing in Embiid because he is the face of The Process. Admitting he is a fraud would automatically mean that The Process has been a failure, people cannot accept that. I think we should just move on though, it's ok to get it wrong sometimes, the most important thing is to learn from mistakes.

Fraud is way too harsh a word and I criticize Embiid all the time. My problem is we have blown so many chances to remake this roster in a way that will maximise his talents and we keep relying on him to be the main leader. Its feels like sometimes that maybe we wont ever be able to do that. We also dont use him correctly. He is a great offensive player but I dont know in this day and age you can win titles expecting a center to score 30 points every single game to win playoff series against quality teams. I want him to be more Jokic like. He improved his passing a lot this year. I feel like if this offseason doesnt play out as expected and we lose in the first two rounds again next season he will force his way out anyway whether we trade him or not. These guys want to win titles. As much as our frustration is about him sometimeI would imagine he is probably as unhappy about playing for this orginization as he has ever been. I would be.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,985

Post#390 » by ankle420breaker » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:55 pm

Mik317 wrote:
ankle420breaker wrote:
Mik317 wrote:

Because the game plan is for him to box out his man and for others to get the boards to push the break. He can't **** jump atm.

and again this just feels like the worst time to call him out on effort after game 3, and him closing out against Miami. Look I have been waiting the game for Biid to play the woe is me type game and it hasn't happened yet.

Thats my issue rn... can Biid be a better leader, closer, rebounder, all that jazz...yes. In the past he has shown the compensity to for lack of a better word...quit when things suck. I just don't think that is what is happening THIS time. Which makes all of the usual suspects running out to gloat feel even more lame than normal...as its not even the best time to do it IMO.

but the fact of the matter is that some have already made up their minds and just want Biid gone and thats fine I guess. I'm over it.
He's never been a capable rebounder. He's not even good at boxing out. This really isn't debatable considering his size. When we're getting gangbanged on the glass like that he needs to sack up and take it.... be a presence.... this never happened.

And game three is irrelevant. He just did a bunch of crowing entering this game about not giving up. Only to essentially give up in the most crucial of times. Reputations are earned in meaningful playoff games (refer to Brunson, Jalen). This was the f'ng game for Embiid. He didn't deliver.

Bum Adebayo
General Manager

Post#391 » by Bum Adebayo » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:56 pm

I mean, this Knicks team is at least better than 2021 Hawks, we couldn't even win against them.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager

Post#392 » by Bum Adebayo » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:58 pm

brannigan73 wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:I just think people don't want to stop believing in Embiid because he is the face of The Process. Admitting he is a fraud would automatically mean that The Process has been a failure, people cannot accept that. I think we should just move on though, it's ok to get it wrong sometimes, the most important thing is to learn from mistakes.

Fraud is way too harsh a word and I criticize Embiid all the time. My problem is we have blown so many chances to remake this roster in a way that will maximise his talents and we keep relying on him to be the main leader. Its feels like sometimes that maybe we wont ever be able to do that. We also dont use him correctly. He is a great offensive player but I dont know in this day and age you can win titles expecting a center to score 30 points every single game to win playoff series against quality teams. I want him to be more Jokic like. He improved his passing a lot this year. I feel like if this offseason doesnt play out as expected and we lose in the first two rounds again next season he will force his way out anyway whether we trade him or not. These guys want to win titles. As much as our frustration is about him sometimeI would imagine he is probably as unhappy about playing for this orginization as he has ever been. I would be.

Jokic is a huge outlier, his passing and playmaking cannot be replicated, it's absurd. Embiid doesn't have a fraction of his passing and vision, forget about it.
Embiid is what he is, a FT merchant that has a good 1-on-1 and good shooting touch when lightly guarded and when the opposite team doesn't employ proper defensive schemes. He just doesn't have it in terms of having elite basketball IQ, managing double teams properly and having good stamina.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,028

Post#393 » by Negrodamus » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:05 pm

Should be playing in place of Tobias in the final 5-6 minutes. Tell him to not jump whenever switched onto Brunson. His other purpose is to hunt rebounds on both ends. That it. Tobias isn't hitting 3s, so we're not really missing his contribution on offense. Rebounding is our main achilles heel and I don't think the perceived threat of Harris hitting a three is big enough to give him more value than Reed.
AI_Efficiency
Sixth Man
And1: 752

Post#394 » by AI_Efficiency » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:14 pm

Negrodamus wrote:

Should be playing in place of Tobias in the final 5-6 minutes. Tell him to not jump whenever switched onto Brunson. His other purpose is to hunt rebounds on both ends. That it. Tobias isn't hitting 3s, so we're not really missing his contribution on offense. Rebounding is our main achilles heel and I don't think the perceived threat of Harris hitting a three is big enough to give him more value than Reed.

Yea, I would prefer to go down swinging with minimal Tobias at this point. Frankly, he’s just not a winning basketball player.
Lou_23
Bench Warmer
And1: 730

Post#395 » by Lou_23 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:15 pm

Men , I defended Harris a lot in his time here, he is overpaid but I think he was better than people made of him.

But his season was terrible and his playoffs are worse, it is very difficult to win games when your third player, a 40 million guy, plays like a minimun contract player.
NYSixersFan
Analyst
And1: 1,604

Post#396 » by NYSixersFan » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:16 pm

We would be better off with Pat Bev and Marcus Morris.
Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 855

Post#397 » by Ferry Avenue » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:21 pm

ankle420breaker wrote:I said it after Embiid's ballerina series against Boston.... we need to turn the page before he really starts breaking down and his value takes a nosedive. Another wasted year later and I'm doubling down.

The regular season wins and numbers do nothing for me.... I need real winners to actually get excited about Sixers basketball again.

Some people here are incisive.
Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 855

Post#398 » by Ferry Avenue » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:22 pm

NYSixersFan wrote:We would be better off with Pat Bev and Marcus Morris.

No doubt about it. The team was a whole lot more “Philly” with them on it.
Lou_23
Bench Warmer
And1: 730

Post#399 » by Lou_23 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:30 pm

Come on, we were also terrible with them when Embiid was out. They would be playing 10 or less minutes.

People dont want to remember o lot of their games.
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,687

Post#400 » by FireMorey » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:47 pm

The time to trade Embiid is over, you won't get equal value anymore. Time for the GM to do his job and actually put a good enough roster around him that can actually withstand injuries and doesn't fall apart.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers