** Official 2024 Make or Break Offseason Thread **

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,324

Re: ** Official 2024 Make or Break Offseason Thread ** 

Post#201 » by Arsenal » Fri May 3, 2024 4:43 am

Iscull wrote:
Arsenal wrote:Daryl Morey, you’re now on the clock. No more excuses from previous front office ineptitude.

This summer needs to be a damn home run.

Start by driving Tobi to the airport

Let him pay for his own ride with the $180m he stole.
Slacktard
RealGM
And1: 17,812

Post#202 » by Slacktard » Fri May 3, 2024 4:51 am

Iscull wrote:
Arsenal wrote:Daryl Morey, you’re now on the clock. No more excuses from previous front office ineptitude.

This summer needs to be a damn home run.

Start by driving Tobi to the airport

More like changing the locks and telling him to find his own **** way out
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,474

Post#203 » by Eyeamok » Fri May 3, 2024 5:05 am

LeonJordanJr24 wrote:Jimmy Butler is so worth that max.

Oubre is number one priority signing after Maxey extension. Oubre is a fearless , lengthy,above average skilled wing with a actual offense bag. He gotta be signed before we even think about gambling on a big fish.

George is nice but he don't fix out interior defense,rebounding ,size or slashing deficiencies. We need Siakam or Gamble on Simmons on a smaller role.

a
I'll be watching obi Toppin. When Pascal signs his contract the Pacers will expect more from him and less from Toppin. The 76ers need help on the offensive boards and Toppin could help in that department. This team also needs another guard to pair along with Maxey. Melton played 1 game and then he was unable to play again. I like the guy but he is a liability right now. What do you do sign him as your starter and hope he can play. And what does this team do with Heild? But like the Process Doctor wrote if I had my way Lauri Markkanen would be my number one player to trade for he just checks so many boexs.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

Bring on the draft

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,335

Post#204 » by Murray_17 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:20 am

Joel and Maxey did the podium together.

Joel said Tyrese was one of the 10 best players this season and that he expects him to be the franchise player of the team, hopefully, for the next 10 years
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,792

Post#205 » by 76ciology » Fri May 3, 2024 6:38 am

Eyeamok wrote:

Oubre is number one priority signing after Maxey extension. Oubre is a fearless , lengthy,above average skilled wing with a actual offense bag. He gotta be signed before we even think about gambling on a big fish.

George is nice but he don't fix out interior defense,rebounding ,size or slashing deficiencies. We need Siakam or Gamble on Simmons on a smaller role.

a
I'll be watching obi Toppin. When Pascal signs his contract the Pacers will expect more from him and less from Toppin. The 76ers need help on the offensive boards and Toppin could help in that department. This team also needs another guard to pair along with Maxey. Melton played 1 game and then he was unable to play again. I like the guy but he is a liability right now. What do you do sign him as your starter and hope he can play. And what does this team do with Heild? But like the Process Doctor wrote if I had my way Lauri Markkanen would be my number one player to trade for he just checks so many boexs.

Jalen Smith than Toppin perhaps?
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Kova
Veteran
And1: 728

Post#206 » by Kova » Fri May 3, 2024 7:03 am

Embiid had a point at the podium. Gotta build the team with consistency. All eyes on you Morey for this summer. This is the last team we will be building and committing to for Joel to win.
Lou_23
Bench Warmer
And1: 731

Post#207 » by Lou_23 » Fri May 3, 2024 9:50 am

Embiid, Maxey, Council, Oubre, Payne and Batum, the roster guys that I want here next year.

I dont know what to say about Melton and Hield, but i dont want the others (sorry Lowry , but the coach overrates you)
PhillyNj
Sixth Man
And1: 557

Post#208 » by PhillyNj » Fri May 3, 2024 9:56 am

Maxey, Embiid, Oubre and Payne deserve to return. I’d start fresh after that, none of the rest earned thier spots.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#209 » by 76ciology » Fri May 3, 2024 11:24 am

Would you guys want to re-sign Hield? Hopefully we can replace Reed’s contract with him.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Iscull
Senior
And1: 134

Post#210 » by Iscull » Fri May 3, 2024 11:39 am

76ciology wrote:Would you guys want to re-sign Hield? Hopefully we can replace Reed’s contract with him.

To a team friendly deal, yes. I feel like he didn’t get enough time to gel with Embiid and Maxey. Maybe 2+1 at $8-10MM?

Separately, I’m not sure who else we could sign to replace him.
Iscull
Senior
And1: 134

Post#211 » by Iscull » Fri May 3, 2024 12:23 pm

1) Resign: Maxey, Oubre, Payne, Martin, and Hield.

2) Trades: Take advantage of teams who need to salary dump under new CBA. Hawks (Murray, Hunter, Bodgonavic), Cavs (Mobley, Mitchell), Portland (Simmons, Brogdon), Jazz (Sexton, Clarkson). For this exercise, I'll just assume Bogdonavic for Reed and 2nd rounders. We'll likely target another starter quality player at PF (PG13, Markennen, etc.)

3) Draft Tristan De Silva at #15.

4) Free Agents: Andre Drummond, Obi Toppin, Tyus Jones

Maxey / Jones / Payne
Bogdanavic / Hield
Oubre / Council / De Silva
TBD / Toppin / Martin
Embiid / Drummond
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,571

Post#212 » by youngcrev » Fri May 3, 2024 12:33 pm

76ciology wrote:Would you guys want to re-sign Hield? Hopefully we can replace Reed’s contract with him.

Probably not. Depends on what my other choices are.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,474

Post#213 » by Eyeamok » Fri May 3, 2024 12:35 pm

76ciology wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:

a

I'm not mad at a Jalen Smith addition either. Pascal is going to make someone, a PF on the Pacers, totally redundant. The bottom line is if this team had more rebounding the series would be over and we would be facing the pacers. Those 2nd chance shots were just killers throughout the entire series.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

Bring on the draft

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
76ciology
RealGM

Post#214 » by 76ciology » Fri May 3, 2024 1:06 pm

Eyeamok wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:a

I'm not mad at a Jalen Smith addition either. Pascal is going to make someone, a PF on the Pacers, totally redundant. The bottom line is if this team had more rebounding the series would be over and we would be facing the pacers. Those 2nd chance shots were just killers throughout the entire series.

I havent validated it, but i read on twitter that Siakam’s max contract may amount to $60M? Oh, now that maybe is too much.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,964

Post#215 » by Mik317 » Fri May 3, 2024 1:08 pm

Interesting as **** offseason upcoming.

For the first time in forever we don't have the core questions. Biid and Maxey (TOGETHER) are worth building around IMO. However to do so, you have to build a team that best hides their flaws and makes it hard for teams to key in.

IMO each of our playoff runs have ended due to that... last night it was due to the Knicks simply blitzing Maxey and that took him out of the game. It allowed single coverage on Biid but that also was a trick because it made it the Embiid only show. When we blitzed Brunson in games 1 and 2...it got him out of rhythm but the others got into rhythm. Thats the key to teambuilding imo. The Nuggets win....well because Jokic is nuts but also its impossible to take everything away from them. Can't double because they have shooters AND athletes so even if you double off of Gordon, he is smart enough to cut and then becomes dangerous. The two man game between him and Murray is unstoppable and then Murray becomes Jordan in the clutch. They might falter this year because their bench is weaker sans Bruce Brown but still the idea is there. I also constantly bring up the Bucks team from a few years ago. That team allowed Giannis to thrive. He didn't have to be the rim protector. Didn't have to be the main ballhandler. Didn't have to guard the other teams best player. Didn't have to be the closer. He could just do what he does best. Thats the balance we need to find.

So what is that? A Superteam? lol that would be great but as stated the league doesn't want that and it doesn't work anymore. This FA class is also buns from a quick glance but this is where a good GM shines. No one thought Aaron Gordon was all that and Bruce Brown was found for cheap. Put in work Darryl. BUT what I think we need skillset wise is a big creator. Lowry is too small but the idea of having someone to run the show and allow Maxey some off ball reps is great. Caruso would be great but I doubt we get him. Fultz is ironically intriguing but he still can't shoot. Lonzo Ball is another one but his knees are like mine...which is bad. Malik Monk is also interesting as he became a pretty solid passer this year IIRC but that is again a tiny ass backcourt.

We also need a rim protecting or rebounding forward. If Ben wasn't a hoe, he'd again ironically be a good fit there but lol. Pascal is intriguing too but I doubt he leaves and up and coming pacers team to be the third fiddle here. Cov wouldn't be bad in that role but I think he may be shot and Nurse seemed to hate him lol. Kyle Anderson is often named but he is so **** slow and had an awful shooting year.

Then we need real shooters, like actual flamethrowers. Buddy was that last night but is often too gun shy. These guys are hard to pin down as most of them have negatives that are tough to overcome or never hit the market.

Then "finally" the back up center spot. Paul Reed is fun but this was the first time he looked unplayable. He is also def gone to free up some space. The issue is that it is tough to get someone who isn't ass that is okay with potentially only playing maybe 10 minutes a night. Thats why the backup 5 also may need to be able to play some 4 next to Jo. Like the shooter guy, the best of those are probably never hitting the market. Jalen Smith or Obi Toppin could fit that mold. Achiuwa is a nurse guy IIRC (But I also think he sucks lol); Christian Wood is a loser imo but again could do it. Bring back Dario yo. But yeah def need a good option for when Biid misses a month or two again lol.

But thats what I'd target in terms of skillset. Need to get younger, bigger and more athletic too which would help solve the transition defense and rebounding issues.

I'd take a young guy with potential at 16 (or move up for a faller) either at guard (Collier) or wing. Then I'd target a shooter and shot creator with our cap space. Oubre can come back. Maybe Buddy after last night lol. I enjoyed Batum and Lowry but they don't fit my vision (also think Batum retires). Get a young big prospect and a solid backup big. Melton, Payne can also return if they want as depth. I'D bring back Cov but thats me being biased..think he's cooked.

So thats

Maxey/Dowtin/ Youth Guard
shooter/Buddy/Melton (probably needs a rehab year)
Creator/Council
Oubre
Biid/Big/Young Big

Need a PF in this scenario unless the shooter or creator is Durant or LeBron I guess. but that's where I'd start. Not great at a glance as it is putting a lot on Council and Dowtin being playable (probably bring Lowry back as the back up PG vet guy).
#NeverGonnaBeGood
NYSixersFan
Analyst
And1: 1,606

Post#216 » by NYSixersFan » Fri May 3, 2024 1:14 pm

As a sports fan for nearly 40 years, I can't remember a more important/interesting offseason for any of my teams.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#217 » by 76ciology » Fri May 3, 2024 1:16 pm

[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=bJcUtOCSwzTqqyZgysWpbQ[/x]
seventy6ers
Sophomore
And1: 74

Post#218 » by seventy6ers » Fri May 3, 2024 1:22 pm

1. Embiid is already signed.
2. Max out Maxey.
3. Already have Council.
4. Bring back Oubre, Batum, and Payne.
5. Goodbye to pretty much everyone else unless they are willing to take a minimum contract after the starting roster is filled in.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,874

Post#219 » by stormi » Fri May 3, 2024 1:23 pm

Get me Caruso and Pat Williams in one fell swoop from the Bulls.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,114

Post#220 » by mjkvol » Fri May 3, 2024 1:24 pm

For Reed's money, I would resign Hield. Finding microwave shooters like that is never easy, and we got a glimpse of his potential impact last night. He is a perfect 6th-8th type of player, and a full off season and training camp will only help.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin

Return to Philadelphia 76ers