ImageImageImage

Game 6: Sixers (2-3) vs. Knicks (3-2) | Thu May 2 9:00 PM (EST) TV: TNT

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,694

Re: Game 6: Sixers (2-3) vs. Knicks (3-2) | Thu May 2 9:00 PM (EST) TV: TNT 

Post#561 » by FireMorey » Fri May 3, 2024 4:53 pm

Toughness isn't an issue with the Sixers, it's talent. Toughness only gets you so far. The Knicks have more good and playable players than the Sixers. Talent has always been the issue with the Sixers.
Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 857

Post#562 » by Ferry Avenue » Fri May 3, 2024 5:07 pm

FireMorey wrote:Toughness isn't an issue with the Sixers, it's talent. Toughness only gets you so far. The Knicks have more good and playable players than the Sixers. Talent has always been the issue with the Sixers.

The series odds were even at the start despite that the Knicks had homecourt advantage, which suggests the Sixers were viewed generally as the more talented team.
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,694

Post#563 » by FireMorey » Fri May 3, 2024 5:21 pm

Ferry Avenue wrote:
FireMorey wrote:Toughness isn't an issue with the Sixers, it's talent. Toughness only gets you so far. The Knicks have more good and playable players than the Sixers. Talent has always been the issue with the Sixers.

The series odds were even at the start despite that the Knicks had homecourt advantage, which suggests the Sixers were viewed generally as the more talented team.

They were wrong. The Knicks have more good players than the Sixers do.
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 845

Post#564 » by zaz102 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:59 pm

FireMorey wrote:
Ferry Avenue wrote:

Knicks were definitely the better team. Outside our #2 guy (Maxey) being better than their #2 guy (Hart ot OG?).

I personally would call Brunson and hobbled Embiid a wash. Embiid's defensive presence makes up for the difference between them on offense.
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,961

Post#565 » by sixers4real » Fri May 3, 2024 6:10 pm

Didn’t watch the game. I woke up today at 6.38 am in Moscow (the exact same time the Sixers lost). I just had that bad feeling.

Actually I’m relieved to not feel nervous again this year. This series were Too stressful to me.

So, my steak is over lol. But I promise to start a new one that will lead us to the title!
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,114

Post#566 » by mjkvol » Fri May 3, 2024 6:50 pm

Jhawk03 wrote:
DaGawd wrote:knicks fan coming in peace.. helluva series y’all made us sweat that **** out. we gave the nba world a show in the first round

Ong I'll never understand what makes fans do this. But I'll raise you, good luck against Indy.

I not only don't understand it, I think it's f***king weird. It would never occur to me to go on another team's board in any case, but x 1000 after your team just dealt them a grueling loss. I can't imagine what the motivation might be.

And it's even worse when preceded by the inane "coming in peace". If you need to start with that, the idea automatically must not be a really good one.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,035

Post#567 » by Negrodamus » Fri May 3, 2024 7:35 pm

RHODEY wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:Maxey blew a great career defining opportunity by not taking over last night’s game. Really a shame.

It doesn't take away from what he did in game 5....as a Knickfan I will say that that performance was one for the history books.

Yea, it was a cool experience instead of a career defining moment. Congrats on the series win
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,554

Post#568 » by eyeatoma » Fri May 3, 2024 9:42 pm

Jhawk03 wrote:
mzfk69 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Read on Twitter

We win if this **** didn't happen all series, and the Sixers didn't get jobbed in game 2.

Read on Twitter

Enough with the eyeatoma burners already... mzfk69 is what happens when you're running out of letters and numbers
What?

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,831

Post#569 » by phillynative » Fri May 3, 2024 9:50 pm

FireMorey wrote:
Ferry Avenue wrote:

Simple as that
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,944

Post#570 » by Foshan » Fri May 3, 2024 10:30 pm

76ciology wrote:[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=bJcUtOCSwzTqqyZgysWpbQ[/x]

[x]
Read on Twitter

I was wondering if that would come out next day as an admitted bad call. That was a huge sequence with yet another bad call.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,614

Post#571 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Fri May 3, 2024 11:46 pm

mjkvol wrote:
Jhawk03 wrote:
DaGawd wrote:knicks fan coming in peace.. helluva series y’all made us sweat that **** out. we gave the nba world a show in the first round

Ong I'll never understand what makes fans do this. But I'll raise you, good luck against Indy.

I not only don't understand it, I think it's f***king weird. It would never occur to me to go on another team's board in any case, but x 1000 after your team just dealt them a grueling loss. I can't imagine what the motivation might be.

And it's even worse when preceded by the inane "coming in peace". If you need to start with that, the idea automatically must not be a really good one.

I lurked on the GB for the first few games of this series. HE was one of the main antagonists on there bashing Embiid, the Sixers, our fanbase, the whole nine.
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect
And1: 354

Post#572 » by Jhawk03 » Fri May 3, 2024 11:55 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
mjkvol wrote:
Jhawk03 wrote:

I lurked on the GB for the first few games of this series. HE was one of the main antagonists on there bashing Embiid, the Sixers, our fanbase, the whole nine.

If that's the case I see why he said "coming in peace". I still don't get it and never will and I agree it's very weird.
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect
And1: 354

Post#573 » by Jhawk03 » Fri May 3, 2024 11:59 pm

eyeatoma wrote:What?

That post made no sense, like there must be alt accounts or bots who go after things that you post.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,554

Post#574 » by eyeatoma » Sat May 4, 2024 12:14 am

Jhawk03 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:What?

That post made no sense, like there must be alt accounts or bots who go after things that you post.

Still not sure if you think I have an alt account.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,793

Post#575 » by 76ciology » Sat May 4, 2024 1:04 am

Foshan wrote:
76ciology wrote:[x]
Read on Twitter

[x]
Read on Twitter

I was wondering if that would come out next day as an admitted bad call. That was a huge sequence with yet another bad call.

What do you guys think? I dont agree with it.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Snotbubbles
Sixth Man
And1: 1,520

Post#576 » by Snotbubbles » Sat May 4, 2024 6:20 pm

brannigan73 wrote:
Snotbubbles wrote:
brannigan73 wrote:The Sixers should be looking to add several good players and not start chase. 3 stars and a bunch of trash won't get it done.

Sure, but when you look at the market, what are you going to do. Add Miles Bridges and Kelly Olynyk. Heck, I looked at 2 lists, Tobias Harris was a top 10 available guy on both. Yuck.

Well, we have no clue who might shake free though. If its a bunch of overrated role players then you might have to go for a star and hope you can get ring chasers. Morey seems to think a lot of teams will panic over the new cba and who knows will be made available if thats the case. Im just saying my preferences would be 2 to 3 quality starters if they could get it done and a few bench guys including a legit backup center.

I don't want some old geezer, I absolutely loathe the idea of Paul George. But I am intrigued by guys like Brandon Ingram and Lauri Markkanen. If I had to have an old guy, Lebron seems like the best fit as he can play point-forward.
Snotbubbles
Sixth Man
And1: 1,520

Post#577 » by Snotbubbles » Sat May 4, 2024 6:34 pm

FireMorey wrote:
Ferry Avenue wrote:

No they didn't. There were two differences in the series. 1.) The Sixers still didn't have a backup center to deal with the non-Embiid minutes. Paul Reed was unplayable in the series and it led to NN not being able to take Embiid off the floor which then affected Embiid later in the game and series; and 2.) NN got outcoached. He stuck with Lowry and Harris for way too long in the series, didn't try Bamba in Reed's minutes and didn't use Payne and Hield enough. Then when Hield showed a pulse in game 6, he went back to Lowry to start the 3rd and left Hield on the bench the entire quarter.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,114

Post#578 » by mjkvol » Sat May 4, 2024 7:58 pm

Snotbubbles wrote:
FireMorey wrote:
Ferry Avenue wrote:The series odds were even at the start despite that the Knicks had homecourt advantage, which suggests the Sixers were viewed generally as the more talented team.

No they didn't. There were two differences in the series. 1.) The Sixers still didn't have a backup center to deal with the non-Embiid minutes. Paul Reed was unplayable in the series and it led to NN not being able to take Embiid off the floor which then affected Embiid later in the game and series; and 2.) NN got outcoached. He stuck with Lowry and Harris for way too long in the series, didn't try Bamba in Reed's minutes and didn't use Payne and Hield enough. Then when Hield showed a pulse in game 6, he went back to Lowry to start the 3rd and left Hield on the bench the entire quarter.

To me, that was maybe Nick's most puzzling move in the series. You've got a guy on a heater, and you essentially sit him out for the second half? For Lowry? As for Harris, I think we've said all that can be said, but there was no reason for him to even get off the bench in the second half.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,075

Post#579 » by Sixerscan » Sat May 4, 2024 8:18 pm

I think it’s unfair to blame Reed. This is his third playoff run as the backup and this never happened before. Last year in the playoffs they had a great net rating with him on the court, better than with Embiid actually. They also won two road playoff games including one in Boston with him starting.

What I think moreso happened is between trading Harden for role players and Tobias disintegrating they just didnt have the overall 5 man group that really worked. They were able to pressure Maxey from the moment he crossed half court and no one would take advantage. Then on the other end they were just super undersized and unathletic.

They may replace Reed but it would need to be a pretty huge upgrade to fix that without improvement to the rest of the lineup.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,203

Post#580 » by M2J » Sat May 4, 2024 11:26 pm

Sixerscan wrote:I think it’s unfair to blame Reed. This is his third playoff run as the backup and this never happened before. Last year in the playoffs they had a great net rating with him on the court, better than with Embiid actually. They also won two road playoff games including one in Boston with him starting.

What I think moreso happened is between trading Harden for role players and Tobias disintegrating they just didnt have the overall 5 man group that really worked. They were able to pressure Maxey from the moment he crossed half court and no one would take advantage. Then on the other end they were just super undersized and unathletic.

They may replace Reed but it would need to be a pretty huge upgrade to fix that without improvement to the rest of the lineup.

:nonono:

Return to Philadelphia 76ers