Game 6: Sixers (2-3) vs. Knicks (3-2) | Thu May 2 9:00 PM (EST) TV: TNT

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

eagereyez
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,462

Re: Game 6: Sixers (2-3) vs. Knicks (3-2) | Thu May 2 9:00 PM (EST) TV: TNT 

Post#521 » by eagereyez » Fri May 3, 2024 4:27 am

XtremeDunkz wrote:
eagereyez wrote:Was 2020 the only healthy playoff run Embiid had? The bottom line is the Sixers have no shot without a healthy Embiid. And even when he plays through the injuries, he is still missing practices, which can throw the rhythm of the team off. Shuffling the pieces around him can only help so much if the man can't stay healthy during the playoffs.
Yes it was. And ben didn't play that playoffs.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

That's right - we just need to wait for another worldwide pandemic to see a healthy Embiid in the playoffs. :D

But seriously, I hope he can figure it out. Embiid's electric when healthy and it would be a shame if he never had another healthy postseason run with no serious injuries to important teammates.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,335

Post#522 » by Murray_17 » Fri May 3, 2024 4:28 am

XtremeDunkz wrote:
Arsenal wrote:Lowry was useless this series. Should have tried Hield sooner and given him more mins today when he was hot. Oh well.
Hield was still bad on defense to be fair. I noticed him get lost a handful of times in the 4th.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

More than not playing hield i questioned subbing him out on the fourth down the stretch and bringing tobias back.

first defensive play with tobias out he missed a rotation and let open og for a 3.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,114

Post#523 » by mjkvol » Fri May 3, 2024 4:28 am

XtremeDunkz wrote:
mjkvol wrote:
brannigan73 wrote:The Sixers should be looking to add several good players and not start chase. 3 stars and a bunch of trash won't get it done.

This 100%. The game has changed since the superteam garbage, and Phoenix is Exhibit A. That's exactly where we'll be headed if Morey is shortsighted enough to star hunt. Do some real work and follow the Nuggets blueprint.
Easier said than done. Nuggets lucked in to Aaron Gordon which was enormous for them. Finding multiple good role players that aren't overpaid is debatably harder than trading for a star.

That's why you gotta hit your draft picks. If only we didn't trade Bridges.

Amen, brother. I hated that trade that night, and have hated it more ever since. To me, aside from trading for and signing Tobias and hiring Glenn, that was the worst blunder of the post-Process era because it was such an obvious unforced error.

I get that doing it the Nuggets way is harder, but to me it provides a shot, while bringing in some aging "star" or other almost insures the end of the Embiid era and a tear down and rebuild. Oh, they might be a second round team, but I'd even doubt that the way teams in the East are improving. But a championship? No f***king way.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
sodmoraes
Rookie
And1: 557

Post#524 » by sodmoraes » Fri May 3, 2024 4:39 am

Im tired boss...

Sent from my SM-G780G using RealGM mobile app
[quote:bba5df4c1f="hornetstime"]jr smith will be out of this league in 2 years, book it.[/quote]
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,474

Post#525 » by Eyeamok » Fri May 3, 2024 4:43 am

The bottom line with better offensive rebounding we win this series. Those multiple shot attempts every game killed us.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

Bring on the draft

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,335

Post#526 » by Murray_17 » Fri May 3, 2024 4:47 am

Read on Twitter

A little late to try to litigate this
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,324

Post#527 » by Arsenal » Fri May 3, 2024 4:50 am

Murray_17 wrote:
Read on Twitter

A little late to try to litigate this

He’s litigating it for next year.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,115

Post#528 » by DaGawd » Fri May 3, 2024 5:00 am

knicks fan coming in peace.. helluva series y’all made us sweat that **** out. we gave the nba world a show in the first round
BaF
Washington Wizards
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect
And1: 353

Post#529 » by Jhawk03 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:05 am

DaGawd wrote:knicks fan coming in peace.. helluva series y’all made us sweat that **** out. we gave the nba world a show in the first round

Ong I'll never understand what makes fans do this. But I'll raise you, good luck against Indy.
DaGawd
RealGM

Post#530 » by DaGawd » Fri May 3, 2024 5:06 am

Jhawk03 wrote:
DaGawd wrote:knicks fan coming in peace.. helluva series y’all made us sweat that **** out. we gave the nba world a show in the first round

Ong I'll never understand what makes fans do this. But I'll raise you, good luck against Indy.

lol i feel you.. i was thinking i shouldn’t also but just felt whoever might be feeling really **** would feel better reading it.. i’ll see myself out now
BaF
Washington Wizards
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,613

Post#531 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Fri May 3, 2024 5:17 am

DaGawd wrote:
Jhawk03 wrote:

lol i feel you.. i was thinking i shouldn’t also but just felt whoever might be feeling really **** would feel better reading it.. i’ll see myself out now

Dude you've been talking tall $hit on the GB the entire series. WTF, you come in peace? Ok.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,792

Post#532 » by 76ciology » Fri May 3, 2024 5:21 am

[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=bJcUtOCSwzTqqyZgysWpbQ[/x]
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,941

Post#533 » by XtremeDunkz » Fri May 3, 2024 6:01 am

No way Joel should play in the Olympics.

But I understand the temptation to go win a gold medal.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#534 » by 76ciology » Fri May 3, 2024 6:19 am

Yeah. We have the only enjoyable playoff series in all playoffs. Congrats! And a lot of us we’ll be rootin for your team.

Btw, how is Alec Burks and why isnt he playing? Do you guys plan to just run 7 man roster
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
DaGawd
RealGM

Post#535 » by DaGawd » Fri May 3, 2024 6:24 am

76ciology wrote:

Yeah. We have the only enjoyable playoff series in all playoffs. Congrats! And a lot of us we’ll be rootin for your team.

Btw, how is Alec Burks and why isnt he playing? Do you guys plan to just run 7 man roster

thibs is a fkin mad man as we all know by now :lol:

burks likely only gets off the bench if there’s an injury to one of the 7 guys he plays going forward. he was trash ever sense the acquisition and he fell out of favor with thibs even a bit before the regular season ended. i think it is probably a mistake since i do think fatigue will be a factor eventually.. but that’s thibs for ya, take the good with the bad.
BaF
Washington Wizards
76ciology
RealGM

Post#536 » by 76ciology » Fri May 3, 2024 6:33 am

[x]
Read on Twitter
76ciology
RealGM

Post#537 » by 76ciology » Fri May 3, 2024 6:37 am

DaGawd wrote:
76ciology wrote:

burks likely only gets off the bench if there’s an injury to one of the 7 guys he plays going forward. he was trash ever sense the acquisition and he fell out of favor with thibs even a bit before the regular season ended. i think it is probably a mistake since i do think fatigue will be a factor eventually.. but that’s thibs for ya, take the hood with the bad.

Honestly, I thought your team's wheels were going to fall off in this game. I even thought we were trapping you guys to empty your tank by starting slow early on while you guys go full speed and showboating.

But I think Thibs knows what the refs are up to, and these guys wanted a close game, so he did the right thing with his pacing and rotations.

In the end, we gave them what they wanted: a musical chairs of who makes the big plays. The team that is caught still trying to make big plays when the music stops loses.
Kova
Veteran
And1: 728

Post#538 » by Kova » Fri May 3, 2024 6:40 am

Rant start:

- F you refs allowing them to grab, hit, pull and get away with it, most offensive rebounds were over the back fouls tbh
- F you refs for not calling anything on Maxey
- F you Knicks fans for thinking you are God-given. You are not getting past Indy

I'm not going to blame it on the players or the coach. It was a rough year.
But glad that Tobias Harris era in Philly has ended.

Rant over.
mzfk69
Ballboy
And1: 25

Post#539 » by mzfk69 » Fri May 3, 2024 6:49 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Read on Twitter

We win if this **** didn't happen all series, and the Sixers didn't get jobbed in game 2.

Read on Twitter
76ciology
RealGM

Post#540 » by 76ciology » Fri May 3, 2024 6:51 am

76ciology wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
76ciology wrote:

burks likely only gets off the bench if there’s an injury to one of the 7 guys he plays going forward. he was trash ever sense the acquisition and he fell out of favor with thibs even a bit before the regular season ended. i think it is probably a mistake since i do think fatigue will be a factor eventually.. but that’s thibs for ya, take the hood with the bad.

Honestly, I thought your team's wheels were going to fall off in this game. I even thought we were trapping you guys to empty your tank by starting slow early on while you guys go full speed and showboating.

But I think Thibs knows what the refs are up to, and these guys wanted a close game, so he did the right thing with his pacing and rotations.

In the end, we gave them what they wanted: a musical chairs of who makes the big plays. The team that is caught still trying to make big plays when the music stops loses.

THIS
[x]
Read on Twitter

Return to Philadelphia 76ers