ImageImageImage

WIP: Rumblings about a trade with Iguodala?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Re: WIP: Rumblings about a trade with Iguodala? 

Post#21 » by 51X3RF4N » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:16 pm

You know what? I would HATE to trade Daly. And I DOUBT it will happen. Anyone remember how much Stef. talked about how Brand will elevate Daly's play? And how excited he sounded?

Daly is a GOOD defender, and a top 10 C in this league IMO. There is no reason we should trade him, EXCEPT for this:

Daly
S&T Iggy

for

Amare
Barbosa
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant

Post#22 » by 51X3RF4N » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:18 pm

*Drooling*

Pairing Brand with Amare will be the coup de gras in the East.

Amare
Brand
Thad
Barbosa
Miller

Smith
Speights
LW
WG
Jamont Gordon

Wow. Who would stop us? Boston?

Can KG and Perkins take out Brand and Amare? I don't think so.

Detroit? Puhlleeasse....

We would DOMINATE the east with that lineup.

Hell, we might even win a title.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
Philly_King
Senior
And1: 0

Post#23 » by Philly_King » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:25 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:You know what? I would HATE to trade Daly. And I DOUBT it will happen. Anyone remember how much Stef. talked about how Brand will elevate Daly's play? And how excited he sounded?

Daly is a GOOD defender, and a top 10 C in this league IMO.
Yea, I'd hate to lose Daly too. I believe him and Brand can be one of the best rebounding and defensive PF/C combos in the league. But then again, I wouldn't be too opposed to it depending on what we got back, of course.

If these "rumblings" are anything more than bull speculation(doubtful) I think it will be something invloving Miller for a PG that can shoot, Iggy for a top SG or even Evans for Morris Peterson
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,690

Post#24 » by 76ciology » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:25 pm

tk76 wrote:I had been strongly opposed to moving same while we had a hole at PF and no back-up center.

Now that we have Brand/Speights/Smith/Evans I'm more than happy to move Sam if it means a big value return.

I do think Sam will work great next to Brand, but I wouldn't mind him being moved.

As much as I love Speights, I still don't think that he is ready to start for us at the PF/C position. Talent wise, Iggy may have an edge over Sammy but if we're talking about "needs" we need Sammy more than we need Iggy. Like stefanski, I also believe that Elton could elevate Sammy's game. With Elton, this eases up the load for Sammy with rebounding. This way, he can concentrate on interior defense and shot blocking.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Philly_King
Senior

Post#25 » by Philly_King » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:31 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:
Daly is a GOOD defender, and a top 10 C in this league IMO. There is no reason we should trade him, EXCEPT for this:

Daly
S&T Iggy

for

Amare
Barbosa
Phoenix just got Shaq for 2 more years and they want to get some cap relief. Neither Sammy or Iggy would do that(Plus Sammy/Shaq would never work).

A trade with Charlotte could be possible though. Sammy + 1st for Okafor?
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant

Post#26 » by 51X3RF4N » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:45 pm

HEll NO! No Sammy +1st for Okafor. That is terrible! Blah! I spit on that!

J/K. But seriously, I don't want to do that deal..
mkm2
Freshman

Post#27 » by mkm2 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:54 pm

i didn't hear the exchange, so if they're specifically implying iggy, this thought has no legs.

but, what about an andre miller (and change) for vince carter deal? crazy? maybe. but, consider this. the nets are CLEARLY in salary dump for 2010 mode. they want lebron. that's no secret. VC's got three years left on his deal, after this season. that could be prohibitive once the Nets have to start extending their young players. they'd need to take a willie green type back to make it work, but they'd still come out WAY ahead.. cap wise. maybe the sixers get a marcus williams type and address their point guard of the future issues that way. maybe even a resigned nachbar to further address their shooting needs. maybe the sixers send back picks.

have to consider ed's history too. he was instrumental in the nets trade for VC. he was also apparently a big advocate of drafting williams.

it's a deal that would address the needs of both teams. we get some shooting ability and more star power to win now. the nets continue to clear cap space. the also get a huge trade chip at the deadline, in miller's expiring. the sixers continue their celtics like makeover. it would push thad into a backup role. but, you can live with that.

like i said, crazy idea. not so crazy idea. when you consider all the factors.
Sixersfan87
Sophomore

Post#28 » by Sixersfan87 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:05 pm

Conventional wisdom says that Stefanski probably wants to at least see how the team looks together before he starts adding and subtracting pieces. I mean honestly I think some of us are getting a little greedy trying to concoct all these dream trade scenarios that even a Kevin Pritchard/Danny Ainge lovechild couldn't get done. The fact is we honestly have a legitimate team on paper. I wouldn't be suprised if we sign someone for the vet's minimum to address our outside shooting but consider this; when Lou entered the league most people complained he was a poor man's Iverson but was a terrible shooter he was. Yet who led the Sixers in 3pt % last year? I really think the Sixers shouldn't (and hopefully won't) make another major move this summer, as boring as that is for all of us. The only caveat would be if Iggy absolutely balks at signing a reasonable contract or threatens to sign a QO, then perhaps we would be forced to do and sign and trade as we absolutely cannot afford to lose him for nothing next summer.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,063

Post#29 » by Sixerscan » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:14 pm

oldschool1 wrote:I think a potential Dalembert deal is likely. How about a sign and trade with Biedrins of Golden State. iot migt even creat a little cap room for the sixers if Biendrins salary is less than Sam's.... or how about Sam for Josh Smith? Start Brand at Center. We might be a little small, but if you could sign a Kristic or a servicable center (20 to 25 minute guy), it would be interesting. If Ed feels that the team can not win with Sam, if we can get better value, I would pull the trigger

Biedrins and Sam play the same position. Biedrins is 5 years younger and had a noticeably better statistical season. And we're assuming Biedrins would make less than Sam too? Why would GS do that? We'd have to really sweeten the pot.

I wouldn't really want Brand be our only established banger until we're 100% sure he's back to full speed.
Sixersfan87
Sophomore

Post#30 » by Sixersfan87 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:19 pm

Mo seems pretty confident in Iggy coming back.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9504
P2K
Analyst
And1: 54

Post#31 » by P2K » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:24 pm

The rumor conversation came up because during the middle of Big Daddy's show this morning, he said Angelo Cataldi(BIG RED ALERT right there) told him about a rumor circulating that involved Iguodala. Big Daddy, then, asked the interns to get on the 'net and look for the rumor.

Then, during the "overlap show", Big Daddy brought it up again, saying he interns couldn't find anything about it on the internet. Then Angelo got mad at Big Daddy because he said Big Daddy couldn't keep a secret and that he wasn't supposed to bring it up in the open. Then Rhea said that there were just rumblings or "discussions" of a big name trade involving Iguodala, didn't have nay more details on it. But that it was just that...discussions.

And that was pretty much the end of it. Never talked about again.

If it was from Rhea, it may have some credence, but I will never trust a rumor coming from that butt clown Angelo. He has no connections or sources, whatsoever. Just like he talks out of his ass, he also throws stuff out there from his ass.

People get on Eskin all the time, which I understand, but his sources and connections are damn good.
EMBRACE THE PROCESS
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by 51X3RF4N » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:30 pm

Hmm...well discussions are what they are. And they lead to deals sometimes. So, let's hope that IF the discussions center around us getting a piece of the Championship puzzle, the deal gets done.
Sandalf42
Pro Prospect
And1: 12

Post#33 » by Sandalf42 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:46 pm

We seriously need some type of "Ask SF1976" signal (like a Bat signal), because I'm dying to hear how the contract talks with Iggy and Lwill are going. I'm just worried that one or both will take the qualifying offer, and become UFAs. That would be a disaster.
Micheal:.... I mean, you wouldn't arrest a guy who just deals drugs from one person to another.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by 51X3RF4N » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:48 pm

Imagine this deal to end all deals...

Iggy S&T around 12 million a year
Miller 10 million a year

for

Steve Francis 3 million a year
Novak 700k/year

and

TMAC 19 million

WOW. Lol.

Daly/Smith
Brand/Speights/Evans
Thad/Novak
TMAC/WG
Francis/LW

Championship! hehe...
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
Sandalf42
Pro Prospect
And1: 12

Post#35 » by Sandalf42 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:52 pm

Imagine this deal to end all deals...

Iggy S&T around 12 million a year
Miller 10 million a year

for

Steve Francis 3 million a year
Novak 700k/year

and

TMAC 19 million

WOW. Lol.

Daly/Smith
Brand/Speights/Evans
Thad/Novak
TMAC/WG
Francis/LW

Championship! hehe...

Ok, you should not drink the bong water. :lol:
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by 51X3RF4N » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:57 pm

LOL I know. Just bored and I need an update.
sixerfan1976
Assistant Coach

Post#37 » by sixerfan1976 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:06 pm

nothing to update.....talks are ongoing......Iguodala is not going anywhere
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,938

Post#38 » by Mik317 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:36 pm

I'd....do that trade....

but that's just my T-Mac fanboy showing.....and also I belive tha Franchise can come back and not suck.

but really just no.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by 51X3RF4N » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:48 pm

SF...so there is nothing to this? It was all rumors and no substance? When you say talks, you mean resigning and keeping right? Did Rhea make it up?
Phillyboy
Analyst
And1: 19

Post#40 » by Phillyboy » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:05 pm

Well you don't trade a starting quality center unless you're getting one back. Dalembert had some sort of problem with Rautins. Could it be attitude?

Dalembert is a nice shot blocking center, double digit rebounder. Ricky Pryor wouldn't agree but I'd have a tough trading him. Elton Brand is great but for him to play at full potential it's best to have that shotblocking center beside him.

Point guard is the other position (at least veteran quality) that you don't trade unless you get another back.

Igoudala could be getting trade interest. After all he is one of the more exciting players to watch in this league. We'll see. Again I'd be OK with him at SG but I would entertain a trade for say Rip, Redd or Miller.

I don't think he's going to Phoenix in an Amare deal. Phoenix may retool but i doubt they'll rebuild until Shaq has gone.

I love this offseason. Even now rumors churn. It's great and I can't wait for tipoff of game 1!
Be a thinker. Not a stinker- Apollo Creed

Return to Philadelphia 76ers