Sixers sign Kareem Rush per Eskin

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

The Guilty Party
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Re: Sixers sign Kareem Rush per Eskin 

Post#21 » by The Guilty Party » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:38 am

Sixerscan wrote:I know it means Pat Carroll won't be a Sixer. I think it will be the 12 under contract right now, Gordan, and a vet center.

Did Minnesota cut Booth? If so, then I expect him to return on a 1 year/minimum deal. Then again, he may want to sign somewhere that might allow him to at least dress for the games.
kanga
Senior
And1: 98

Post#22 » by kanga » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:41 am

Smooth form, quick release. apparently a "fan favorite" wherever he goes. I imagine he'll have a handful of real nice games for us where he gets hot like in this game:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jBgT3IikIK8

haha.. if he's good enough to have a Boyz II Men tribute on youtube, he's good enough to be my 10th-12th man.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=b9PF6nKADz8
Brand 76
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#23 » by Brand 76 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:44 am

Hope they sign Gordan, we have nothing to loose if they sign him and he will be 21 in his first season still young and capable for future plans.
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 734

Post#24 » by tk76 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:48 am

kanga wrote:
haha.. if he's good enough to have a Boyz II Men tribute on youtube, he's good enough to be my 10th-12th man.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=b9PF6nKADz8

:D Boyz II Men is a fitting tribute for Philly's new sniper.
The Guilty Party
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#25 » by The Guilty Party » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:51 am

So I imagine that like the Ivey signing, this won't become official until the Iguodala situation is resolved, right?
UptownPhilly
Analyst
And1: 183

Post#26 » by UptownPhilly » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:52 am

LOL at the Boyz II Men Tribute for Rush

This is a good signing. It looks like Stefanski is rounding out this summer.

Rush's defensive liabilities shouldn't be too bad, since we have good defenders at virtually every position. All that we need now is one of our starters to be able to hit the three consistently.

Miller/L. Williams/Ivey
Iguodala/Green
Young/Rush
Brand/Evans/Speights
Dalembert/Smith
76erinSJ
Senior

Post#27 » by 76erinSJ » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:52 am

I think Rush should def take Greens minutes. I believe Rush is more important to us since he can be on the court with Williams and make a three every once in a while. To me him and Green are the same. This move makes Green worthless to us. Green is the better defender but Rush's hieght and length make up for that. We should try to get rid of Green some how now no matter what.
Andre Miller is a bad 3pt shooter.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,203

Post#28 » by ProcessDoctor » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:58 am

I like the signing. We have 3 remaining spots, but don't we usually only keep 14 instead of 15? I'm guessing Booth and someone else. But I really like the Rush signing and hopefully he takes all of Green's minutes in the 9 man rotation. I'm starting to think we're too deep. :lol: Only 4 guards usually get PT (Miller, Iguodala, Williams, Rush) and usually only 4 bigs get playing time (Brand, Dalembert, Evans, Speights?/Smith?) I say our last roster spot should got to someone who can play the 3 and the 4. I agree that the last piece to this team is someone in the starting line up who can consistantly hit the 3. As mentioned in the trade thread, Miller for Billups would put us over the top, although the chemistry that Miller brings cannot be underestimated.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Payne/Downtin
Maxey/Melton/Hield
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#29 » by LongLiveHinkie » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:03 am

Novak baby!!
Brand 76
Ballboy

Post#30 » by Brand 76 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:03 am

Just checked out both Rush and Ivey on nba info pages.

Did you know?

Rush scored a season high 25 pts against the Sixers
&
Ivey logged a season high in minutes played against the sixers 44min

Scout's honour!
jmon
Junior

Post#31 » by jmon » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:05 am

sixers hoops wrote:
sixers238 wrote:Any news on the length?

Should be one year. If it is for the minimum, which it likely is, Rush would be foolish to sign for more than one year.

Well I am sure he demanded a PO on year 2...
kanga
Senior
And1: 98

Post#32 » by kanga » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:11 am

From Wikipedia:

"Although the Lakers would lose to the Pistons in the NBA Finals, Rush was able to make somewhat of a name for himself as a sharpshooter, averaging 14 minutes per game and hitting 40% of his three-point shots in the playoffs. He was a major contributor in helping the Lakers clinch the Western Conference Finals against Kevin Garnett and the Minnesota Timberwolves, when he scored 18 points in the sixth and final match, all from 3-point range, where he was 6 for 7."

My prediction:

Although the Sixers would destroy the Lakers in the NBA Finals, Rush was able to solidify his reputation as a sharpshooter, averaging 14 minutes per game and hitting 40% of his three-point shots in the playoffs. He was a major contributor in helping the Sixers clinch the Eastern Conference Finals against Kevin Garnett and the Boston Celtics, when he scored 18 points in the sixth and final match, all from 3-point range, where he was 6 for 7.

Hey, which one of you already updated wikipedia to say: "During the 2008 off season, Rush signed with the Philadelphia 76ers."
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#33 » by PhilasFinest » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:35 am

great pickup...we dont have much $$$ to work with but i think Rush is a great signing.
Gives us a backup wing that can play both 2 and 3 and can knock down the open J and 3 ball.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
CableKC
RealGM
And1: 10,722

Post#34 » by CableKC » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:48 am

As I mentioned in the other thread about shooters that you guys posted.....Rush is what he is....a 3pt shooter that can come in and be a roleplayer that can come in rather cheap. His defense is good enough where he won't be a complete defensive liability and he's able to keep up with most SGs. He won't create for you....but that's not what you get him for....the Sixers would use him as a 3pt shooter standing out in the wings waiting for Iggy or Brand can kick it out to him.

There were a few times last season when he came off the bench for the Pacers as a good scoring threat where he actually hit a few clutch 3pt shots. He's an acceptable 2nd or solid 3rd rotational backup SG that can come in off the bench and hit a few shots.

For his price....he's a good signing.
PhenomThad31
Junior

Post#35 » by PhenomThad31 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:48 am

quality signing by Ed Stefanski, i think we can get 50 wins.
Slacktard
RealGM
And1: 17,615

Post#36 » by Slacktard » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:17 am

Rush was definitely the best shooter out of the 'cheap shooter available pool' that I think was left and I had brought him up a few weeks back as someone I wouldn't mind off the bench so I'm happy with the signing.

Sure he doesn't defend and he may be a misanthrope, but he can hit the 3 so I'm glad we got someone to bring off the bench to do that and who doesn't have to work on their shooting in the off-season to fill that role.
Philly_King
Senior

Post#37 » by Philly_King » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:50 am

GREAT signing. Rush was at the top of my list of cheap shooters and to see Ed pull it off for the min is absolutely amazing. Rush is exactly what we need- someone to provide instant offense and spread the floor with his shooting. IMO he'll get a lot of minutes at SG/SF seeing as he's by far the best 3pt shooter we have.
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#38 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:58 am

Kareem Rush provides that backup to Thaddeus Young that was clearly lacking. As everyone had said, because of the quality of defenders in Philadelphia, his defense will be masked. Good move.
Iversean
Sixth Man
And1: 58

Post#39 » by Iversean » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:04 am

sixers are my favourite team hope they do big thangs, helps them with there lack of shooters.

go ed stefanksi a good off-season [well not until iggy/williams are resigned fora fair buck]
laydo
Junior
And1: 2

Post#40 » by laydo » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:27 am

Roletagg wrote:LOL at the Boyz II Men Tribute for Rush

This is a good signing. It looks like Stefanski is rounding out this summer.

Rush's defensive liabilities shouldn't be too bad, since we have good defenders at virtually every position. All that we need now is one of our starters to be able to hit the three consistently.

Miller/L. Williams/Ivey
Iguodala/Green
Young/Rush
Brand/Evans/Speights
Dalembert/Smith

Pacers fan here!

Rush has no question with shooting 3. I think that is something everybody knows.

When he was a Pacer last season, he is also pretty good playing defense. The only problem he has may be the shooting selection, which is okay in Indiana because coach O'Brien encourages players to shoot whenever they can. However, I think coach Cheeks can deal with that.

Good luck, Kareem! You 76ers will be lucky to have him. :wink:

Return to Philadelphia 76ers