ImageImageImage

Andre Miller

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,596

Re: Andre Miller 

Post#101 » by sixerswillrule » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:39 pm

Foye isn't a true PG but he's a playmaker. Poor outside shooter? I had no idea that 38% three point shooting is poor...I think he could work here, especially being able to run the pick and roll with Brand. And yes, I mentioned how he probably won't be traded.
geiger
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#102 » by geiger » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:07 pm

Have to agree, Foye is absolutely not a spot up shooter. He is a decent, not great three point shooter, but he's still not a good spot up shooter. He's more of a guy who creates. How in the world can you play him, Iggy and Young together? He was so bad at PG that Minnesota began playing Kevin Ollie instead, and voila, they got better right away, and so did Foye. He's a shooting guard. More importantly, why bring up a guy who is not only not a PG, but isn't going anywhere. If you're going to suggest guys we can't get, reach for the stars, suggest Chris Paul - he'd fit in nicely here as well.
sixerswillrule
RealGM

Post#103 » by sixerswillrule » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:18 pm

I know that he won't be going anywhere. I only brought him up as someone who I think could fit here, but that's something we disagree on, so let's leave it at that.

Paul is too short to play with Lou. I'd pass.....
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,779

Post#104 » by Skates » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:49 pm

A guy like Blake is a decent fill-in for the next two years while you draft and develop a PG from this allegedly PG rich draft. He is not as good as Miller, but you would not be throwing the season away, plus he would probably come along with a good 3-pt. shooting wing like Outlaw or Webster. I don't think there is any way you can make a throw away the season deal at this point for a true developmental guy, the team is playing well now and needs to keep that going to start filling the building.

BTW, I will be there on Saturday watching Brand's return (hopefully), anyone else going?
geiger
Banned User

Post#105 » by geiger » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:17 pm

The problem with Blake is that we then give up on this season entirely. He is out at least 6 weeks and you don't know how long it will take him to get back to 100%. Huge risk to trade for an injured player who is not in the last year of his contract. Webster has been out all season and is still not back, so we would essentially be trading our starting PG who is having a very good season for two guys who are injured and likely will be out for a while. Huge risk. This is a deal I wanted a month ago, when Webster was supposed to be back and Blake was fine, but now the risk seems too great. I'm not sure if the Blazers would give up Outlaw, but that deal would make a bit more sense, being that we know we'd at least get one healthy player in return.
sixerswillrule
RealGM

Post#106 » by sixerswillrule » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:28 pm

Jan 19 Blake (shoulder) is no longer wearing a sling and could return in 10 days, the Blazers' official site reports.
geiger
Banned User

Post#107 » by geiger » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:09 pm

If he returns, that obviously changes the equation. He has about three weeks to return and look healthy. I'd be all for trading Miller and Rush for Blake, Outlaw and Frye.
Philly76ersFan
Banned User

Post#108 » by Philly76ersFan » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:12 pm

I like that suggestion Skates made. Seems to make sense for all three teams if everyone is healthy. I think some other filler might need to be included for cap purposes, but they have enough back up players on expiring contracts to pull it off.
SportsFan215
Assistant Coach
And1: 60

Post#109 » by SportsFan215 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:03 am

tk76 wrote:If the Clips wanted to send us Baron, this is the deal I would make:

Baron + Camby

for Miller + Sam + 1st.

That way each team takes on a long contract. The Clips get salary relief 1 year earlier, and the Sixers get a 2 window chance at something special.

Talentwise, the Sixers get the better end of the deal big time. But if the Clips think they made a huge mistake with Barron, then I would force them to take back a long term contract like Sam's in exchange.

Clippers would do B-Diddy for Miller/'09 First (Top 10 Protected)

Return to Philadelphia 76ers