Info from philly.com forums insider

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Mahorn at the 4
Senior
And1: 7

Info from philly.com forums insider 

Post#1 » by Mahorn at the 4 » Mon May 25, 2009 10:39 pm

http://forums.philly.com/n/mb/message.a ... 82.1&ctx=1

Interesting info on Brand, Josh Smith, Lou Williams.

Sixerfan1976, any truth to the interest in Iverson? He would definitely put fans in the seats. Also, you need stars to win in this league. If he could play as more facilitator, less gunner, he could be a huge help.
Welfare Fraud
Starter
And1: 13

Re: Info from philly.com forums insider 

Post#2 » by Welfare Fraud » Mon May 25, 2009 10:57 pm

Good stuff thanks for the link.

-Snider is getting increasingly frustrated with the state of the franchise and may be at his breaking point.
Wonder what happens when he breaks.
Mahorn at the 4
Senior
And1: 7

Post#3 » by Mahorn at the 4 » Mon May 25, 2009 11:39 pm

Yes, very good stuff.

The other posters on that site seem to hold him in the same high regard that we hold Sixerfan1976. I look forward to hearing more from SF and this philly.com person.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,979

Post#4 » by ankle420breaker » Mon May 25, 2009 11:55 pm

Is this guy credible? at all?

Also, what is the reasoning behind Brand 'never coming back right?' He looked fine earlier this year, albeit shaking off rust from missing the majority of the previous season. He's out for a completely unrelated injury, so I'm having difficulty understanding how one draws this conclusion without providing any logic to support it.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,487

Post#5 » by youngcrev » Tue May 26, 2009 12:02 am

^This is the first time I've seen him come through with some "inside" knowledge, but he doesn't seem like the type of guy to just make stuff up.
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#6 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Tue May 26, 2009 12:17 am

If you read, it, it's just this source's "Opinion". This is utterly fabricated beyond any belief. We at least know that SF76 broke the Iverson trade before anyone else, and has correctly filled us in on other key things.

This guy just wants attention.
mhunt
Rookie
And1: 172

Post#7 » by mhunt » Tue May 26, 2009 12:23 am

Mahorn at the 4 wrote:http://forums.philly.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=kr-sixers&msg=48082.1&ctx=1

If he could play as more facilitator, less gunner, he could be a huge help.

sure. that will happen. :roll:

i pray they don't bring that selfish ballhog back...been there, done that. glad he's gone.
LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#8 » by LongLiveHinkie » Tue May 26, 2009 12:28 am

I don't know who this source is, but if he is real and inside the Sixers organization, then I feel sorry for this team, because everything the "source" said is moronic.

Brand is done? Bring back Iverson? :lol:
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,880

Post#9 » by Stanford » Tue May 26, 2009 12:35 am

Besides, they weren't inside scoops at all... just the opinion of someone 'on the inside'.
Cru Thik
Lead Assistant
And1: 188

Post#10 » by Cru Thik » Tue May 26, 2009 1:01 am

Interesting but anyone on any board could have come up with that type of stuff.
2 Time RealGM 76ers Fantasy Basketball Champ
sixerfan1976
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#11 » by sixerfan1976 » Tue May 26, 2009 3:12 am

There is no chance that AI is back here. NONE

Josh Smith would not have been obtained..Hawks would have matched.

The brass still believes in Brand...and they think the Iguodala contract was fair. They know they have to move Dalembert....and need shooters.

Donyell its true....Ed told me that himself at the Sixers season ticket holder event...they dont want to give him big minutes because of fear of breakdown and defensive liability.

Ed also told me it was his mistake on Kareem Rush as well. Supposed to be good enough to get rotation minutes and he was a nothing.

Tony was a passive coach..so was Mo....neither was a good fit here. Firing Mo wont bite us..its not like he found work right away elsewhere.

They like Lou...they feel he can play point guard with Iguodala sharing the ball handling duties..or be a combo guard off bench.
The Guilty Party
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#12 » by The Guilty Party » Tue May 26, 2009 3:49 am

So basically... a whole lot of nothing.

Eh, things are dead right now.... really dead... so I appreciate the gossip.
Cru Thik
Lead Assistant
And1: 188

Post#13 » by Cru Thik » Tue May 26, 2009 4:25 am

The Guilty Party wrote:So basically... a whole lot of nothing.

Wish Ed would just hire Tom T already so we can get talking about the draft and what players are in for workouts and such.
2 Time RealGM 76ers Fantasy Basketball Champ
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#14 » by PhilasFinest » Tue May 26, 2009 7:08 am

Cassidy wrote:

Wish Ed would just hire Tom T already so we can get talking about the draft and what players are in for workouts and such.

i couldnt agree more...sign tom t...give us something to talk about and let us look forward to ourlate lottery pick!

the whole liking Lou things sucks...looks like he will be here
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
rswknight
Junior

Post#15 » by rswknight » Tue May 26, 2009 1:23 pm

sixerfan1976 wrote:
The brass still believes in Brand...and they think the Iguodala contract was fair. They know they have to move Dalembert....and need shooters.

Tony was a passive coach..so was Mo....neither was a good fit here. Firing Mo wont bite us..its not like he found work right away elsewhere.

They like Lou...they feel he can play point guard with Iguodala sharing the ball handling duties..or be a combo guard off bench.

This notes are quite promising. Hey SF1976, any idea of when(if) they might be hiring a head coach? That passive coach thing sounds like Casey won't work, while also being a plus for TT who you said they loved. Also, do they believe Jason Smith can be a starting big with Brand? Thanks
rswknight
Junior

Post#16 » by rswknight » Tue May 26, 2009 1:26 pm

PhilasFinest wrote:
Cassidy wrote:

i couldnt agree more...sign tom t...give us something to talk about and let us look forward to ourlate lottery pick!

the whole liking Lou things sucks...looks like he will be here

Well, Lou is too young with too much talent to just dump. I often thought that Iguodala could be the primary facilitator while Lou acts as the 2nd ballhandler and sometimes initiator. As long as the Coach keeps him disciplined, he could be fine. And if he gets his shot back to last season's level or better, he would stretch the floor
sixerfan1976
Assistant Coach

Post#17 » by sixerfan1976 » Tue May 26, 2009 1:40 pm

no time frame on coach...just want one in place before draft but I think sometime by end of next week personally so coach can work some of these potential draft picks out.

Jason Smith.....no idea if they think he can start...new coach will handle that...but they expect him to get time this year in the rotation.
ankle420breaker
General Manager

Post#18 » by ankle420breaker » Tue May 26, 2009 1:41 pm

I've never doubted Lou's ability to score, but he still doesn't seem to have grasped that he's much more effective when he attacks the rim. He settles way too often for his mediocre jump shot, and turns into his own worst enemy. I still have a sour taste in my mouth from watching Lou in the playoffs. Orlando had NOBODY who could stay in front of Lou and we needed him to provide that advantage for us EVERY single night in the post season. He showed up for game 1, which we won, and then packed it in from there on out. He is still extremely young, and a new coach might want the opportunity to put their stamp on Lou and see his game develop under their tutelage. That being said, I'd be fine with moving Lou this summer if he can help net another 'every night' guy.
BobbyJones
Senior

Post#19 » by BobbyJones » Tue May 26, 2009 2:45 pm

Did you quote your own post because you agree with yourself or because you disagree with yourself?
ankle420breaker
General Manager

Post#20 » by ankle420breaker » Tue May 26, 2009 4:07 pm

BobbyJones wrote:Did you quote your own post because you agree with yourself or because you disagree with yourself?

I quoted myself because I'm an idiot. Was trying to edit, but somehow I zigged when I should have zagged. Fixed.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers