The Tom Moore Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

The Guilty Party
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Re: The Tom Moore Thread 

Post#1461 » by The Guilty Party » Sat Jul 4, 2009 4:46 pm

tk76 wrote:I'm not sure there is another team out there who wants to go over the MLE for Miller right now. Will the Sixers be left in a BK position where they are bidding against themselves?

I wonder if Miller's only offer is the 2 years/$16MIL from us if he would just sign a 1 year deal for the MLE with another team. He's sort of stuck because while there will be a lot of teams with a lot of cash to spend next summer, he'll be 34 and it's unlikely he gets a big payday then.
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,598

Post#1462 » by sixerswillrule » Sat Jul 4, 2009 4:47 pm

tk76 wrote:I'm not sure there is another team out there who wants to go over the MLE for Miller right now. Will the Sixers be left in a BK position where they are bidding against themselves?

Sucks for Miller, then. It's not like we have to re-sign him. We're not going to give him more than 2 years, according to SF. If he'll take it then that's fine. But if not, then he can take the MLE from any other team.
Carcharios
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#1463 » by Carcharios » Sat Jul 4, 2009 4:48 pm

This season is going to be brutal regardless when you consider how many pieces we still need and our little depth. Let Miller go and throw in Lou and Holiday. Miller is only going to keep us mediocre and screw us from getting a lottery pick anyway.
"There can be only one"
sixerswillrule
RealGM

Post#1464 » by sixerswillrule » Sat Jul 4, 2009 4:52 pm

We'll still make the playoffs without Miller...
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#1465 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Sat Jul 4, 2009 4:56 pm

Seriously, people overestimate this chucker, average PG. If Jrue beasts(Not out of the realm of possibility) we might see something excitement.
TheAnswerAI
Rookie

Post#1466 » by TheAnswerAI » Sat Jul 4, 2009 4:57 pm

we're in the perfect situation with Miller if Portland chooses to sign someone else. His best option could be really this 2 year offer we made him. If all teams with capspace are off the market he would have to sign a 4 year MLE deal to get a better contract and no team will pay him that. And why should he sign a three year MLE deal if he can get the same in 2 years with us. So I think we have the best chances to make one of the better signings this offseason with Andre Miller and 2years/16-18.
SmittyTheGreat
Sophomore

Post#1467 » by SmittyTheGreat » Sat Jul 4, 2009 5:45 pm

Eagles are the only team I have hope for at this point. My Sixers interest is starting to diminish again...
roll
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#1468 » by roll » Sat Jul 4, 2009 5:59 pm

TheAnswerAI wrote:So I think we have the best chances to make one of the better signings this offseason with Andre Miller and 2years/16-18.

And trade him if brand can't play. 2years with Dre is win(contending scenario)-win(rebuilding scenario) for us, imho.
It's time to jazz with Hayward and Favors!
doctor him
Assistant Coach
And1: 421

Post#1469 » by doctor him » Sat Jul 4, 2009 6:03 pm

sixerswillrule wrote:We'll still make the playoffs without Miller...

I don't think we make the playoffs now even with miller.

The Cavs, Magic Celts and Hawks are all clearly superior.

The Bulls and Heat are marginally superior.

Then you've got the Raptors, Pistons, Wiz, Pacers and Bobcats fighting for 7 and 8 with our Sixers.

We could make the playoffs if our young players improve but I think that's iffy right now.
sixerswillrule
RealGM

Post#1470 » by sixerswillrule » Sat Jul 4, 2009 6:57 pm

With Iguodala playing like an all-star, Young becoming an 18-20 point scorer, and a healthy Brand, we'll be fighting for the 4th seed...
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#1471 » by freshie2 » Sat Jul 4, 2009 6:59 pm

Dedicated_76ers_fan wrote:Seriously, people overestimate this chucker, average PG. If Jrue beasts(Not out of the realm of possibility) we might see something excitement.

Who is the chucker PG??
tmoore
Head Coach
And1: 109

Post#1472 » by tmoore » Sat Jul 4, 2009 8:31 pm

Sounds like All Quiet on the Sixers' Front today. Enjoy the holiday.
SmittyTheGreat
Sophomore

Post#1473 » by SmittyTheGreat » Sun Jul 5, 2009 12:33 am

Well here's to another 6th-7th seed and quick exit.
Johnny Broad-Street
Sixth Man
And1: 16

Post#1474 » by Johnny Broad-Street » Sun Jul 5, 2009 1:15 am

Thanks for keeping us updated, Tom. Have a great holiday.
The JB-S System....Zero Defects.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,608

Post#1475 » by eyeatoma » Sun Jul 5, 2009 2:19 am

doctor him wrote:

Then you've got the Raptors, Pistons, Wiz, Pacers and Bobcats fighting for 7 and 8 with our Sixers.

We could make the playoffs if our young players improve but I think that's iffy right now.

The Bulls and Heat are not better.

The Bulls just lost Ben Gordon who was one of the main reasons those games all went into overtime. Beasley is vastly overrated, he may score more this year, but don't' count on wade having another season like last year, which was out of this world...

We have added through subtraction (Reggie Evans, Rush are gone)

We have Smith, a year more experience for Speights, Thad, and Iggy, and then the defense (guaranteed) of Holiday. His defense alone will help us with the quicker point guards.

The Sixers could very likely get the 5th seed this year.
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#1476 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Sun Jul 5, 2009 2:41 am

Even if MIA does have Wade, Beasley at their best. MIA and ATL'S bench is a wash. You need a good bench to win NBA games.

Indeed, we're a 4th-5th seed and people think of us as a 6th-7th seed.

The key, is if GA is Healthy and to what level is he playing at. Without GA, the Wizards don't have a PG. Unless they think Randy Foye can play that role for them.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,608

Post#1477 » by eyeatoma » Sun Jul 5, 2009 8:33 am

Dedicated_76ers_fan wrote:Even if MIA does have Wade, Beasley at their best. MIA and ATL'S bench is a wash. You need a good bench to win NBA games.

Indeed, we're a 4th-5th seed and people think of us as a 6th-7th seed.

The key, is if GA is Healthy and to what level is he playing at. Without GA, the Wizards don't have a PG. Unless they think Randy Foye can play that role for them.

Please stop referring to Gilbert Arenas as GA. At least use Agent Zero, or Arenas, GA just doesn't jive lol...
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#1478 » by freshie2 » Sun Jul 5, 2009 12:06 pm

tmoore wrote:Sounds like All Quiet on the Sixers' Front today. Enjoy the holiday.

Thanks Tom...appreciate you joining the discussions and sharing your insight.

Interesting article on FOX at the link below...Sixers get some 'love' for their past attempts at being aggressive in FA. I can understand the concept of the article, but am not sure how you predict a players future injuries with 100% accuracy. I wasn't a big fan of the Brand signing, but understand the logic behind it and don't think it is the worst thing in the world, while Sammy did show a ton of potential late in that season (Detroit series - 11 pts/12 rbds per) which lead to him being overpaid. A 23 year old center with an impressive showing and high end athleticism would have been difficult to lose, although I think their contract probably blew any other offer out of the water. At any rate, it is an interesting look at some bad contracts and how it cripples a franchise.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9760 ... -contracts
Westbrook36ptII
Junior

Post#1479 » by Westbrook36ptII » Sun Jul 5, 2009 8:12 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
doctor him wrote:

The Bulls and Heat are not better.

The Bulls just lost Ben Gordon who was one of the main reasons those games all went into overtime. Beasley is vastly overrated, he may score more this year, but don't' count on wade having another season like last year, which was out of this world...

We have added through subtraction (Reggie Evans, Rush are gone)

We have Smith, a year more experience for Speights, Thad, and Iggy, and then the defense (guaranteed) of Holiday. His defense alone will help us with the quicker point guards.

The Sixers could very likely get the 5th seed this year.

Disagree on all counts pretty much. The Heat were better than the Sixers this season, and going into next season the Sixers will be losing their team MVP in Miller, while the Heat keep their team in tact pretty much. So you seem to think Brand is going to have such a huge impact that not only does he make up for the loss of Miller, but he also makes them surpass the Heat.

Unless you want to factor in Thad's development as well as Speights. I honestly don't think these guys are just going to skyrocket into superstars. I think both will improve, but I don't see Thad improving all that much from last season. Speights I think can.

I also disagree about Wade not having that kind of season. IMO he's better than Lebron and is the 2nd best player in the NBA behind Kobe. When Wade is 100% healthy, this is what he does. He's a monster and he's a scoring machine and he plays defense. That is the real Wade and I expect a lot of the same out of him.

I agree that the Sixers could be better than the Bulls though. But we'll see how Rose develops and if the addition of a healthy Deng can off-set the loss of Gordon.
Temp using this account until I can get Westbrook36 back.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers