Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

mega montana
General Manager
And1: 0

Re: Tom Moore 2.0 

Post#41 » by mega montana » Mon Jul 6, 2009 7:23 pm

tmoore wrote:
sixerfan1976 wrote:Tom,
See what you can find out about Rodney Carney. I was told we have some interest again and plan on talking to his agent.

I'll ask, but I'm not a big fan. He plays too fast and takes too many quick jumpers. He couldn't beat out Willie Green, who everyone seems to blame for many of the Sixers' ills, for goodness sake!

i agree 100%, i dont get the infatuation on this board with carney, even for bench depth, the guy is pretty terrible!
Hates the Sixers' brass
mega montana
General Manager

Post#42 » by mega montana » Mon Jul 6, 2009 7:24 pm

tmoore wrote:
sixerfan1976 wrote:Tom,
See what you can find out about Rodney Carney. I was told we have some interest again and plan on talking to his agent.

I'll ask, but I'm not a big fan. He plays too fast and takes too many quick jumpers. He couldn't beat out Willie Green, who everyone seems to blame for many of the Sixers' ills, for goodness sake!

i agree 100%, i dont get the infatuation on this board with carney, even for bench depth, the guy is pretty terrible!
Hates the Sixers' brass
steveb21
Pro Prospect
And1: 123

Post#43 » by steveb21 » Mon Jul 6, 2009 7:26 pm

That's kind of what I was thinking. If I'm Ed Stefanski I don't make any decisions until I get a good long look at the kid in Orlando this week.

On a side note, how is Eddie Jordan at developing talent? I've heard mixed things...mostly that he doesn't like to play the young guys (a'la Larry Brown).
steveb21
Pro Prospect

Post#44 » by steveb21 » Mon Jul 6, 2009 7:27 pm

Double post - deleted.
tmoore
Head Coach
And1: 109

Post#45 » by tmoore » Mon Jul 6, 2009 7:32 pm

The irony is that Miller might have received $30 mill over three years if he had returned the Sixers' call last summer. Sixers didn't know he was changing agents.
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#46 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Mon Jul 6, 2009 7:42 pm

Seems like Miller ain't as good of a business man as he is a good PG.
steveb21
Pro Prospect

Post#47 » by steveb21 » Mon Jul 6, 2009 7:52 pm

Seems like Miller ain't as good of a business man as he is a good PG.

Yeah, but we don't know how much was him and how much was advice from his agent.
tmoore
Head Coach

Post#48 » by tmoore » Mon Jul 6, 2009 7:55 pm

Good point, Steve. Miller typically goes incommunicado in the summer. Maybe Andy Miller told him not to sign, figuring (wrongly) that he could get more in 2009.
Westbrook36ptII
Junior

Post#49 » by Westbrook36ptII » Mon Jul 6, 2009 8:15 pm

Frye for the minimum is fine, but contenders are also after him. Doubt he'd come here over a team like the Cavs.
Temp using this account until I can get Westbrook36 back.
Oldmanriver82
Ballboy

Post#50 » by Oldmanriver82 » Mon Jul 6, 2009 8:56 pm

Tom,

Is there any word about what Jarret Jack is going to do? Do you think the sixers will have any interest in him for the MLE? If we offered him the MLE do you think the Pacers would match?
Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.
~Benjamin Franklin
(Poor Richard's Almanack)
tmoore
Head Coach

Post#51 » by tmoore » Mon Jul 6, 2009 9:14 pm

Oldmanriver82 wrote:Tom,

Is there any word about what Jarret Jack is going to do? Do you think the sixers will have any interest in him for the MLE? If we offered him the MLE do you think the Pacers would match?

I was told the Sixers didn't think there was anyone other than Bibby who they thought deserved the MLE.
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,598

Post#52 » by sixerswillrule » Mon Jul 6, 2009 9:27 pm

I think trading Miller for Blake would be fantastic. We could then use enough of the MLE to get a decent FA(Wafer, Carney, Murray, Pachulia, Nesterovic, etc) while staying under the tax.
tmoore
Head Coach

Post#53 » by tmoore » Mon Jul 6, 2009 9:28 pm

Sixers' summer league team lost in OT.

Here is the info gleamed from orlandomagic.com:

Despite game-highs in points (28) and rebounds (11) by Marreese Speights, the Sixers/Nets combined entry dropped a 75-67 overtime decision to the Pacers in the opening game of the Orlando Pro Summer League.

Rookie first-round pick Jrue Holiday chipped in nine points, four steals and four rebounds, though he committed five turnovers. Former Germantown Academy player Rob Kurz contributed eight rebounds and two points.

Indiana first-rounder Tyler Hansbrough paced the Pacers with a team-high 17 points.

Typical in summer leagues, the game was sloppy, as the Sixers/Nets had nine assists and 22 turnovers.
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,598

Post#54 » by sixerswillrule » Mon Jul 6, 2009 9:35 pm

tmoore wrote:
Oldmanriver82 wrote:Tom,

I was told the Sixers didn't think there was anyone other than Bibby who they thought deserved the MLE.

Okay, so don't use all 5.6 on one guy. There are plenty of guys that deserve 3-4. Can they do that?
tmoore
Head Coach

Post#55 » by tmoore » Mon Jul 6, 2009 9:45 pm

Doesn't sound like they're going to, at this point (no pun intended).
Kevin12
Banned User

Post#56 » by Kevin12 » Mon Jul 6, 2009 10:12 pm

Perhaps for the right PRICE.

Maybe they're just looking for their white KNIGHT.

It could be possible that Ed is tired of Oreos and prefers a WAFER.

Tom Moore, no pun intended.
philly262
Bench Warmer
And1: 41

Post#57 » by philly262 » Tue Jul 7, 2009 1:22 am

Big men.... Shelden Williams, Rasho, Zaza

swingmen wally, green, and ugh carney
tmoore
Head Coach

Post#58 » by tmoore » Tue Jul 7, 2009 3:29 am

Told the Sixers are looking for a backup 5, moreso than a 4.

Blog on the Sixers' interest in Carney for the fourth-year veterans' minimum:

http://www.phillyburbs.com/opinions/blo ... moore.html
SixersfutureGM
Senior
And1: 45

Post#59 » by SixersfutureGM » Tue Jul 7, 2009 3:30 am

tmoore wrote:Sixers' summer league team lost in OT.

Here is the info gleamed from orlandomagic.com:

Despite game-highs in points (28) and rebounds (11) by Marreese Speights, the Sixers/Nets combined entry dropped a 75-67 overtime decision to the Pacers in the opening game of the Orlando Pro Summer League.

Rookie first-round pick Jrue Holiday chipped in nine points, four steals and four rebounds, though he committed five turnovers. Former Germantown Academy player Rob Kurz contributed eight rebounds and two points.

Indiana first-rounder Tyler Hansbrough paced the Pacers with a team-high 17 points.

Typical in summer leagues, the game was sloppy, as the Sixers/Nets had nine assists and 22 turnovers.

Read this on Espn.. it listed all david thorpes tweets as he watched all the games in orlando.. here are the things that stood out if you are a sixers fan...

david b. thorpe Speights got his perimeter game going, and is the best player on the floor.

david b. thorpe Marreese Speights started out trying to make perimeter shots, with no luck. As soon as he went inside, he scored with ease. Twice.

david b. thorpe Jrue Holiday did what all rookie pg's do-nothing but run the offense. But he got defelctions, steals, a block and a drawn illegal screen ...

david b. thorpe Speights and CDR have both settled into a groove because they are playing HARDER.

david b. thorpe Holiday is looking for his shot more this half, but only for long shots. That's a mistake.

david b. thorpe Holiday is dominant defensively, causing chaos with ball pressure. But he's struggling with how to run the team.

I know its only one summer league game but its got me thinking we should just rid ourselfs of veterns, suck for a year or 2 like OKC, but continue to draft well and then with cap, bring in a big time player.

Holiday-iggy-thad-speights is a very solid 4 if holiday/iggy/thad can be a deep threat to go along iwth speights being able to spread the floor as well.....

Its good to see holiday as good defensively as advertised but I think we saw why he should not be handed the keys this year as our pg.. the kid is going to be lost out there. Speights is dominating as he should so thats a good sign

Btw- Tom, is jason smith playing on the team? if so, how is he doing, and how did christmas do?
Darain wrote:Dude is like 6-10, 6-12 at the most

But he is definitely not 7 foot

Darain wrote:Prime Wilt wouldn't be anymore than Kwame Brown in today's NBA

Idunno who you are Mister Darain but you are a signature gold mine.. keep them coming!
SixersTellEm
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#60 » by SixersTellEm » Tue Jul 7, 2009 3:31 am

i actually like rodney carney. Listen i dont know what everyone expects at of these little signings but a superstar is not one of them for sure. Carney fits in well with this team, he busts his tale, and can shoot the 3. He's exactly what a prototypical rotation man should be in the nba. The kid really didnt do anything wrong with us the first time around, i just think people are down on him since we traded back and lost our chance on brewer.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers