ImageImageImage

Tom Moore 3.0

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,596

Re: Tom Moore 3.0 

Post#61 » by sixerswillrule » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:23 am

He'll need to average more minutes than he did before for those stats, and I don't see that happening.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,984

Post#62 » by ankle420breaker » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:59 am

I don't think 16-18 mpg is out of the question. I said he'd be in the neighborhood of those numbers... could be a little lower. Until we get to see some games we won't know what Jordan's rotation is going to look like.
tmoore
Head Coach
And1: 109

Post#63 » by tmoore » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:30 pm

Here's my guess on the rotation:

Starters: Williams, Iguodala, Young, Brand, Dalembert

1st big off bench: Speights

1st swingman off bench: Kapono

1st guard off bench: Holiday

9th man: Smith

That'd leave occasional spot minutes for one of these guys (Green, Ivey, Carney, Brezec), depending on opponent/foul situation

What do you guys think?
ankle420breaker
General Manager

Post#64 » by ankle420breaker » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:01 pm

Hopefully you're spot on with that, Tom. That's the way I'd prefer it.
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 734

Post#65 » by tk76 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:31 pm

That sounds like the right rotation. But somehow I doubt we will see many DNP-CD next to Green's name. Lets just say I'll believe it when I see it :)
ankle420breaker
General Manager

Post#66 » by ankle420breaker » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:37 pm

tk76 wrote:That sounds like the right rotation. But somehow I doubt we will see many DNP-CD next to Green's name. Lets just say I'll believe it when I see it :)

You're probably right, at least for the beginning of the season. I could see Green coming off the bench ahead of Holiday early on next year. Hopefully Jrue moves ahead of him as the year progresses. We'll see though... new coach... maybe this is the year that Green takes a back seat.
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 734

Post#67 » by tk76 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:30 pm

ankle420breaker wrote: I could see Green coming off the bench ahead of Holiday early on next year.

That might result in more than one broken out there from thrown prjectiles... but I agree we might just see that for a bit. Either way I'm confident Jrue will get more chances to sink or swim then most 19 year old mid 1st round picks get.
sweetlou23
Bench Warmer
And1: 55

Post#68 » by sweetlou23 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:47 pm

I think carney may come off of the bench rather than Kapano in situations where we need another defender on the floor. If Iggy or Thad (more likely) get into foul trouble, i can see them bringing in Carney before Kapano.
ankle420breaker
General Manager

Post#69 » by ankle420breaker » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:50 pm

Like I've said, there will be certain situations that call for Carney where he could see 20+ minutes. There will also probably be games where he doesn't even get off the bench.
ojr107
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#70 » by ojr107 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:53 pm

Tom- I don't see how we are a fast breaking team, as Stefanski says he wants us to be, if we start Brand/Dalembert and both Speights and Smith are in the regular rotation, unless Dalembert starts and only plays 20-24 minutes(which i suppose is possible).
ankle420breaker
General Manager

Post#71 » by ankle420breaker » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:19 pm

Losing Miller and going with a taller lineup will probably slow down our running game a bit, although I still think if we force the turnovers we should have no problem getting out in the open court with Iguodala, Williams, Young, and Carney. Worth noting that most of our bigs can still run the floor, and we also now have a shooter in Kapono to trail the break.
76ersAreMe
Sophomore

Post#72 » by 76ersAreMe » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:24 pm

There won't b a problem with the running game because you only need three players that can sprint the court, two on the wings and one pushing the ball (Thad, Iggy, Lou).

Plus when spieghts is playing center you get another player that's athletic enough to run the court efficiently.
Howardmgm3
Sophomore

Post#73 » by Howardmgm3 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:57 pm

uh, has anyone seen or heard anything from either Jordan or Stefanski that the Green has actually lost his starting position from last year???
Typeical
Lead Assistant
And1: 36

Post#74 » by Typeical » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:31 pm

If anything I have no doubt that we will run this season. The reason im confident about this one thing is because I still think this team has the componets to be a very good defensive team(the only thing were missing is a C/pf enforcer off the bench). The sixers will be causing turnovers left and right with Sammy & brand blocking shots in the middle and thad , igs & louwill stealing and deflecting passes on the perimiter.

Everyone on this team is very capable of running the floor, brand and kapono are the only question mark when it comes to that. Lowill is way quicker and athletic than miller and is a underated passer on the break. People also seem to forget that sammy is one of the fastest bigs in the league. I remember him ending many fastbreaks with a dunk when iverson was here.Our bench is no slack ever now with carney returning. Also Both speights and jsmith are bigs that can run as well.

I think the princeton should be the first priority for this team because we desperatedly need to get better in the half court but getting up in down the floor is our specialty
Don
Rookie
And1: 9

Post#75 » by Don » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:48 pm

Howardmgm3 wrote:uh, has anyone seen or heard anything from either Jordan or Stefanski that the Green has actually lost his starting position from last year???

Thank you. I'll believe it when I see it that this guy will only get spot minutes (which is what he should be getting). This organization has been in love with Green for years, and I don't know that it's a foregone conclusion that he's out of the starting rotation, although the fans would love to see him shipped to China. I fear it's wishful thinking that he's not going to be playing much.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,944

Post#76 » by Foshan » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:07 am

Yeah i have to agree with Typeical. We've still got a lot of greyhounds on this team so i don't think running will be a problem. And quite honestly, I thought Brand did a decent job trailing breaks last year for put backs or foulline jumpers.

I don't think running will be our problem at all, adjusting to the princeton will be.
ankle420breaker
General Manager

Post#77 » by ankle420breaker » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:22 am

Don wrote:
Howardmgm3 wrote:uh, has anyone seen or heard anything from either Jordan or Stefanski that the Green has actually lost his starting position from last year???

Thank you. I'll believe it when I see it that this guy will only get spot minutes (which is what he should be getting). This organization has been in love with Green for years, and I don't know that it's a foregone conclusion that he's out of the starting rotation, although the fans would love to see him shipped to China. I fear it's wishful thinking that he's not going to be playing much.

I hear all of this, but that would mean Thad coming off the bench, which I just can't see happening. Green will probably come off the bench this year.
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#78 » by freshie2 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:13 am

tmoore wrote:Here's my guess on the rotation:

That'd leave occasional spot minutes for one of these guys (Green, Ivey, Carney, Brezec), depending on opponent/foul situation

What do you guys think?

Gosh I hope so...the talk of Brand at the 5 scares me to death. I think if anything the swing position may have some flexibility depending on matchups, and I could see Smith over Speights, again depending on the matchup, but overall I like the general concept. I still want to see Jrue with the core players before saying he's a bench player and not the starting PG...longshot, but I think he's going to thrive in an up tempo style and that will help his transition.
76STholder
Sophomore

Post#79 » by 76STholder » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:10 pm

tmoore wrote:Here's my guess on the rotation:

What do you guys think?

That would be wonderful to me I would probably upgrade my season tickets even if they play well (wins are not as important as playing well this year to me)
ojr107
Veteran

Post#80 » by ojr107 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:54 pm

I understand the concern about going with Brand at center. But I am more concerned about having the same starting lineup(other then swapping Miller for L.Williams) that started out 9-14 last year and which looked absolutely terrible. The main reason that lineup struggled was the inability of anyone to break break a zone down by hitting a 3 or long jumper. That lineup above has three perimeter players who are all below average three point shooters. Its not a very balanced lineup IMO. I'm not sure our starting lineup is going to run all that well either. Sure, It has guys who can run the floor, but that is decidedly different then, say, having a guy like Young at the 4 who was much faster then the guy trying to guard him. Hopefully our three perimeter starters have improved there 3 point shooting at Mark Price's camp, otherwise I don't see how this lineup meshes well together.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers