ImageImageImage

Marc Stein: 6ers/C's/Sac discussing 3 way (Dalembert)

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Gsraider
Starter
And1: 111

Re: Marc Stein: 6ers/C's/Sac discussing 3 way (Dalembert) 

Post#21 » by Gsraider » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:14 pm

If Philly made this trade, EJ would probably start Scalabrine at C in his latest small ball horror show. At worst, he'll be given the PF spot and get 30 mpg while explaining that Brand just isn't ready yet.
sixerbond
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#22 » by sixerbond » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:17 pm

Kkell2507:

I disagree sir. I mean if the rumors are true that New Orleans is looking to shed even more payroll, and want to deal Okafor. Are you telling me that NO wouldn't take Brand, and say Kenny Thomas for Okafor and Peja ? Unlike Okafor, Brand will gladly play the Center spot, and let West be their PF. As where from what I've heard, Okafor doesn't like the Center spot, even though he will play it if he has too. As where Speights will, and can man our Center spot once he returns. New Orleans has a guaranteed what ?...67 to 68 million owed to both Okafor and Peja after this season. As where Brand, after this season is owed like 51 million. So yeah, I think NO jumps all over that offer. Question is, would Philly ? And I believe, until I am proven otherwise, the answer is NO! Cause they are cheap B@stards!!
dond
Assistant Coach

Post#23 » by dond » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:06 pm

Well, they can do whatever now ...

Everything is THE FUTURE for this team now. They have no PRESENT.

They just have to START OVER !!!

They did this (START OVER) a few years back when they moved Allen Iverson.

They thought they had reached the promised land when they got Elton Brand.

They went for the Penthouse and landed in the XXXXhouse.

So, take a deep breath and START OVER ....

Actually, in some ways it is kind of fun. You get some new players pretty frequently and you can dream about how good they are going to be.

But eventually you find out how good they ARE and then .... well, we know what happens then ...

You START OVER !!!

Oh, and I forgot to mention that during this entire process you get to criticize, blame, and generally berate coaches and GMs for their stupidity. All in good fun ... :lol:
If you cannot convince others that you are right, you probably aren't.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,487

Post#24 » by youngcrev » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:27 pm

sixerbond wrote:Fact is, with us being so thin in the front court, why do this now ? KT is anything but a front court player. Scalbrine is worthless, as is Allen. Only way this makes sense is as others here have stated, is if Philly is going to re-package these ending C's to another team anxious to rid themselves of a player.
One player that comes to mind may be Okafor. But I won't assume anything right now. But if this deal does happen, and Philly just keeps them til after this season, and lets them walk outright. Then we will all know, no matter how they spin it, Philly, and Snyder are cheap money-grubbing idiots who care NOTHING for this team, and building a winner.

I don't think we are all that thin in the front court, at least we won't be once Speights is back. Sam is averaging 23.5 mpg right now. Those minutes could easily be split up between Brand, Speights and Smith, with Thad getting some additional minutes at the 4.
LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#25 » by LongLiveHinkie » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:15 pm

Do it and then let the tanking officially begin.
captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Post#26 » by captain green » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:44 pm

I think as a boston fan you guys get the better deal here, all expiring contracts rid yourselves of another big contract. Getting a fan favorite and great locker room guy can play damn decent minutes Scalabrine and bone head albiet talented T. Allen and Kenny washed up thomas. Now make no mistake these guys outside of T.allen are bench warmers for a still serviceable center. Giving up 1 for 3 and then watching that cap shrink might be a good thing.
but I think you could do better.
And I hope some how you guys get to the playoffs I'd much rather see philly in than chicago, charrlotte, toronto detroit, washington,NewYork lol milwaukee.
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
76ers76ers
Rookie
And1: 33

Post#27 » by 76ers76ers » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:51 pm

captain green wrote:I think as a boston fan you guys get the better deal here, all expiring contracts rid yourselves of another big contract. Getting a fan favorite and great locker room guy can play damn decent minutes Scalabrine and bone head albiet talented T. Allen and Kenny washed up thomas. Now make no mistake these guys outside of T.allen are bench warmers for a still serviceable center. Giving up 1 for 3 and then watching that cap shrink might be a good thing.
And I hope some how you guys get to the playoffs I'd much rather see philly in than chicago, charrlotte, toronto detroit, washington,NewYork lol milwaukee.

why, so you could sweep us?
captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Post#28 » by captain green » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:58 pm

76ers76ers wrote:
captain green wrote:I think as a boston fan you guys get the better deal here, all expiring contracts rid yourselves of another big contract. Getting a fan favorite and great locker room guy can play damn decent minutes Scalabrine and bone head albiet talented T. Allen and Kenny washed up thomas. Now make no mistake these guys outside of T.allen are bench warmers for a still serviceable center. Giving up 1 for 3 and then watching that cap shrink might be a good thing.

why, so you could sweep us?

no no I like philly (history) better than most other teams not named celtics were not going to get 1st seed unless were healthy anyway.
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,778

Post#29 » by Skates » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:08 pm

If this trade materializes, they have to take it.

1. Dalembert has no place in this offense and the defense stinks with or without him. Jason Smith and Brezec fill in for now, Brand still goes to the second unit to fill Speights role and Speights is your starting center when he returns. Young goes to PF, Carney to SF. The first team will have to rely on pressure defense and hopefully cuts down on the dribble penetration. Yes, they will suck defensively, what's new. Maybe the offense will play better at least.

2. Brand is already sunk dollars. If he plays well off the bench and becomes a high quality sixth man, that is better than paying $15 million bucks for nothing.

3. We still have over $10.5 million in expirings to trade next summer or next deadline in the form of Kapono and Green. So a package deal of a young player, a draft pick and expirings is still very do able.

4. Like it or not, this team needs financial flexibility. Getting three smaller expirings for Dalembert allows management to save bucks and avoid the luxury tax by simply letting one or two of them expire, but maybe you trade one again at the deadline to another team looking to cut payroll to pick up a late first rounder and a becnh piece that has another year left and expires when Green and Kapono do. Having several expirings gives the team that kind of flexibility.

And +1 to whomever suggested trading Sammy for some ghosts, that is exactly what we will be doing if we get the contract of Kenny Thomas back.
PoyntGaard
Ballboy

Post#30 » by PoyntGaard » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:17 pm

Please do this deal. It makes for possibilities where we currently have none. In the end, if we don't get anything of actual value, so be it. Get rid of Sam's 5 cent head and take the rest as it comes. Even as an expiring next season, I doubt anyone would take Dalembert. Just take a look at what his draw is in this contract. Does anybody really think we'd get anything much better than what's being offered? If so, you're fooling yourself.

get rid of him.
He doesn't want to be here.
We don't want him here.
It's all good.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,979

Post#31 » by ankle420breaker » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:24 pm

Dei Lynam said she believes talks did occur, but the deal is dead for now.
Kevin12
Banned User

Post#32 » by Kevin12 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:31 pm

You guys do realize this is a huge step to take.

And it will be very very bad for a while before it gets good.

Dalembert may be a moron mentally, but he single-handedly won 3 of our 4 games with his defense in the 4th.

So are you guys willing to deal our ONLY line of defense back under the rim just for the fact of getting rid of him?

We don't have any options next year reguardless.

Why not just ride it out with Sammy until his contract is up?

Like I said, we have no options with or without his contract anyway.

Unless you really want to be amoung the worst teams in the NBA and play for ping pong balls.
dond
Assistant Coach

Post#33 » by dond » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:53 pm

PoyntGaard wrote:Please do this deal. It makes for possibilities where we currently have none.

There you go ... that is the dreaming part. We live on "possibilities" for a few games and then begin the complaining process again about how they are being used and when.

In the end, if we don't get anything of actual value, so be it.

And that is the reality part. We find out how good they actually ARE ! Then we begin with a new round of possibilities for trades.

This process just keeps going indefinitely ....

And millions of dollars exchange hands over this continually .... quite amazing !!!
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,769

Post#34 » by Sixersftw » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:56 pm

Kevin12 wrote:And it will be very very bad for a while before it gets good.

Dalembert may be a moron mentally, but he single-handedly won 3 of our 4 games with his defense in the 4th.

So are you guys willing to deal our ONLY line of defense back under the rim just for the fact of getting rid of him?

Unless you really want to be amoung the worst teams in the NBA and play for ping pong balls.

If we are leaning on Sam to single handedly win games, let alone games against the Knicks and a depleted nets squad, we are already very very bad. might as well give ourselves more financial flexibility and bring on the ping pong balls.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#35 » by LongLiveHinkie » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:07 am

Dei Lynam said the talks cooled down for right now, but could pick up later. One team decided to back out. My guess? Sacramento doesn't want Sammy.
sec-106
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#36 » by sec-106 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:24 am

ankle420breaker wrote:Daly for an expiring? Count me in.

+ by - .
dond
Assistant Coach

Post#37 » by dond » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:29 am

If we are leaning on Sam to single handedly win games, let alone games against the Knicks and a depleted nets squad, we are already very very bad. might as well give ourselves more financial flexibility and bring on the ping pong balls.

And that is exactly what this trade will do !

I would be surprised if they would win 20 more games if they do this now.

The Sixers would be a sieve around the paint.
PoyntGaard
Ballboy

Post#38 » by PoyntGaard » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:36 am

dond wrote:
PoyntGaard wrote:Please do this deal. It makes for possibilities where we currently have none.

There you go ... that is the dreaming part. We live on "possibilities" for a few games and then begin the complaining process again about how they are being used and when.

In the end, if we don't get anything of actual value, so be it.

And that is the reality part. We find out how good they actually ARE ! Then we begin with a new round of possibilities for trades.

This process just keeps going indefinitely ....

And millions of dollars exchange hands over this continually .... quite amazing !!!

Not dreaming. Nowhere did I say or insinuate that Sam would somehow bring us Wade or LeBron. It just gives a cap strapped team a small bit of flexibility. In the end, I think the move would be done simply to get rid of Sam's money, which he is not earning that he didn't truly deserve. It cleans up a mistake of the 'King regime'. That's why, as long as the contracts are expiring, I'm all for it.

Of course, we'll all be debating nothing here because since the trade possibility has gone public, the smart money is on nothing happening at all.

What I find funny is how people seem upset that we'd be so weak in the middle when, in actuality, we're weak in the middle even with Sam on the floor. Once he gets into foul trouble (which is a certainty), teams just walk down the lane on us anyway. When $12.5 mil is what you pay for a guy like Sam, anything other than him is acceptable.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,224

Post#39 » by ProcessDoctor » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:37 am

Please God! Do it now! That gives us 3 expirings we could potentially use for another trade. I really like the idea of snagging Okafor after obtaining the expirings. I honestly think we are only 2-3 pieces away, and this is the first step that can allow the process of obtaining them come to fruition. The more flexibility, the better.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Payne/Downtin
Maxey/Melton/Hield
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
SixersfutureGM
Senior
And1: 45

Post#40 » by SixersfutureGM » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:50 am

I think the kings jump all over this deal. They got their eyes sight on 2011 FA and thats when daly contract is up. They get rid of nocini who contract runs for 2 more years after this and would hurt their cap flexibility. Plus it opens up time for donte green and casspi. The team that balks if any is boston.
Darain wrote:Dude is like 6-10, 6-12 at the most

But he is definitely not 7 foot

Darain wrote:Prime Wilt wouldn't be anymore than Kwame Brown in today's NBA

Idunno who you are Mister Darain but you are a signature gold mine.. keep them coming!

Return to Philadelphia 76ers