ImageImageImage

Marc Stein: 6ers/C's/Sac discussing 3 way (Dalembert)

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

radrmd216
Rookie
And1: 8

Re: Marc Stein: 6ers/C's/Sac discussing 3 way (Dalembert) 

Post#41 » by radrmd216 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:11 am

I agree with ottey321, the Celtics probably are the team most reluctant to make the trade.

The Sixers never really went through the rebuilding process. They were in an almost pseudostate of success. They were expected to do bad after Iverson was traded but they didn't. They also played pretty exciting basketball, but most of us know that a team that primarily runs will not win a championship.

I would do the Dalembert trade and then try to trade Brand in the near future. I would rather the Sixers's young players take their lumps and the team get a lot of ping pong balls than have the team be proped up by vetern players. The NBA system is what it is, it won't change, so us fans will have to go through some pretty bad years to one day have a good team.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,643

Post#42 » by 76ciology » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:05 am

IMO, the next move should be finding a taker for Elton Brand. If we can't find one, maybe we could do the rumored Thomas for Okafor deal. Since we're stuck with both EB42 and Brand, we might as spend our money on serviceable players rather than settling for cap relief. :D
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,487

Post#43 » by youngcrev » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:37 am

Kevin12 wrote:You guys do realize this is a huge step to take.

And it will be very very bad for a while before it gets good.

Dalembert may be a moron mentally, but he single-handedly won 3 of our 4 games with his defense in the 4th.

So are you guys willing to deal our ONLY line of defense back under the rim just for the fact of getting rid of him?

We don't have any options next year reguardless.

Why not just ride it out with Sammy until his contract is up?

Like I said, we have no options with or without his contract anyway.

Unless you really want to be amoung the worst teams in the NBA and play for ping pong balls.

I think you are greatly overestimating Sam's contribution to the team... especially if you think he single-handedly won 3 games for us.
76erFixer
Bench Warmer
And1: 17

Post#44 » by 76erFixer » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:55 pm

if this happens I couldnt possibly get more pissed. If we hadnt signed Brand we would have been MAJOR players in the Lebron Sweepstakes. PLENTY of cash and a tempting core of Speights, Thad, and Iggy. Also a chance at Wade, Bosh, Amare among others. Remind me why we sold out our chances on the 2 best young players in the league to sign an aging injury prone big man that doesnt fit our style of play? Just because you have money doesnt mean you have to burn it. Literally. Impatience has plagued our team for decades to come 4 this horrendous blunder.
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#45 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:00 pm

Two of those players(Thad/Iggy) already don't have a jumper. LBJ doesn't have one either.

I would've went after Amare Stoudemire if we had 2010 cap.

Amare
Speights
Thad
Iggy
Lou
ITK9
Lead Assistant
And1: 16

Post#46 » by ITK9 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:08 pm

Dedicated_76ers_fan wrote:Two of those players(Thad/Iggy) already don't have a jumper. LBJ doesn't have one either.

I would've went after Amare Stoudemire if we had 2010 cap.

Amare
Speights
Thad
Iggy
Lou

this team would be the worst defensive team in the league.
Gsraider
Starter
And1: 111

Post#47 » by Gsraider » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:13 pm

ITK9 wrote:this team would be the worst defensive team in the league.

Thanks to EJ, they are pretty much that right now, which is both pathetic and mind boggling. I'm pretty sure EJ is working on the offense in order to shore up this issue however.
ITK9
Lead Assistant
And1: 16

Post#48 » by ITK9 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:13 pm

Gsraider wrote:
ITK9 wrote:this team would be the worst defensive team in the league.

Thanks to EJ, they are pretty much that right now, which is both pathetic and mind boggling. I'm pretty sure EJ is working on the offense in order to shore up this issue however.

add Amare and Speights instead of Sammy and Brand and this team would allow 120 ppg
Gsraider
Starter
And1: 111

Post#49 » by Gsraider » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:09 pm

ITK9 wrote:add Amare and Speights instead of Sammy and Brand and this team would allow 120 ppg

With EJ coaching this team, they could easily give up 120 ppg to good teams with what they have right now. I agree with your point though.
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#50 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:47 pm

Im just saying to fill that 5 spot.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers