And1: 55

FYI - petition to fire Eddie Jordan 

Post#1 » by sweetlou23 » Sat Dec 5, 2009 2:45 pm

9th Wonder
Assistant Coach
And1: 181

Re: FYI - petition to fire Eddie Jordan 

Post#2 » by 9th Wonder » Sat Dec 5, 2009 6:40 pm

Alright, let's bet which poster started it. I got $5 on bebopdeluxe.
Cru Thik
Lead Assistant
And1: 188

Post#3 » by Cru Thik » Sat Dec 5, 2009 6:45 pm

Ricky Pryor!!!!!

I signed it!
2 Time RealGM 76ers Fantasy Basketball Champ
BobbyJones
Senior
And1: 0

Post#4 » by BobbyJones » Sat Dec 5, 2009 6:53 pm

I thought it was the dumbest thing I'd ever heard of before I heard that Ricky Prior had anything to do with it. Knowing he's involved simply confirms how stupid it is.
dbodner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 536

Post#5 » by dbodner » Sat Dec 5, 2009 6:57 pm

Eddie Jordan is our ticket to have a chance at John Wall. EJ's vital to our teams future.
twitter.com/DerekBodnerNBA :: Senior writer, The Athletic Philadelphia
sixerbond
Banned User

Post#6 » by sixerbond » Sat Dec 5, 2009 7:18 pm

John Wall is so overrated. Not even a top-15 High School recruit. And not even Kentucky's top
freshmen. Dbodner,,DON'T believe everything Dick Vitale tells you. The guy knows LESS then nothing
about High School talent. Wall is just another " Chucker " in a small mans body. Another...Willie Green if you will. And not Athletic at all. I'm not convinced he's anything special. He's good. But not a top end Lotto talent, that's for sure!!
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,474

Post#7 » by youngcrev » Sat Dec 5, 2009 7:22 pm

sixerbond wrote:John Wall is so overrated. Not even a top-15 High School recruit. And not even Kentucky's top
freshmen. Dbodner,,DON'T believe everything Dick Vitale tells you. The guy knows LESS then nothing
about High School talent. Wall is just another " Chucker " in a small mans body. Another...Willie Green if you will. And not Athletic at all. I'm not convinced he's anything special. He's good. But not a top end Lotto talent, that's for sure!!

Ugh oh, Dabods is about to fact you up. Can't wait for school to be in session, :)
dbodner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by dbodner » Sat Dec 5, 2009 7:48 pm

I'm going to assume he was trying to be funny.
sixerbond
Banned User

Post#9 » by sixerbond » Sat Dec 5, 2009 8:42 pm

Hey, I like dbodner. Very good fan, and smart. But facts are Wall was not a concensus
top-5 recruit. Check out the rivals list for last year, or super prep, Wall was not among the eliete top-5 to 8. Yes he is good. But he's just another shoot first, shoot second, and shoot some more SG. And
without any great Athleticism. Look, he can LOVE him all he wants to. But to me, he's just another Fennis Dembo 8-)
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#10 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Sat Dec 5, 2009 9:08 pm

I see 10 X More potential in John Wall then in Ricky Rubio, and I can assure you, he's learning the famed pick and roll in college ;).

The Pick and Roll being a bread and butter move, very simple for any guard to execute. I can't believe people tried propping up the Euro league, saying it taught Jennings how to run a pick and roll.

If there's an American Guard that can't run a Pick and Roll, god help us. If there's a basketball college that can't teach the P N R then God help us.
dbodner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by dbodner » Sat Dec 5, 2009 9:19 pm

Hey, I like dbodner. Very good fan, and smart. But facts are Wall was not a concensus
top-5 recruit. Check out the rivals list for last year, or super prep

He has been rated the #1 prospect in the 2009 class by Rivals since 2007 when he destroyed Brandon Jennings in AAU Basketball (dropped 27 on him).

He was also the #1 rated prospect of the 2009 class by super prep.
Links:
Rivals.com
super prep
ITK9
Lead Assistant
And1: 16

Post#12 » by ITK9 » Sat Dec 5, 2009 9:29 pm

Dedicated_76ers_fan wrote:I see 10 X More potential in John Wall then in Ricky Rubio, and I can assure you, he's learning the famed pick and roll in college ;).

John Wall was playing nba 2k8 on xbox when Rubio was leading Spain in Olympics final.You are just embarassing yourself.
dbodner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by dbodner » Sat Dec 5, 2009 9:35 pm

Wall being a better prospect than Rubio is the first thing I agree with dedicated on in a long, long time. Not because he's playing in the NCAA though (I'm not going to get into the Euro discussion again, Dedicated's already proved his ignorance in that field), he's just a better prospect. And Wall run's the pick and roll much less than Rubio does.
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User

Post#14 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Sat Dec 5, 2009 9:39 pm

Rubio didn't lead Spain anywhere, that was Jose Calderon starting. Calderon is the better PG(Well, he has the better jumpshot, their much the same player).

John Wall can actually split a hard double-team, Wall will be able to take contact at the NBA level and with his athleticism he'll grab rebounds.

Ricky Rubio is better suited for the Harlem Globetrotters then the NBA. Even at 6'5, his frame is weak and frail, his shot is non existent and he can't split doubles, fact is, he can't deal with simple man-to-man pressure(this is non existent in Europe, common in the NBA).

I'm sorry, but Jrue Holiday's better suited for the NBA then this kid. Take off the Euro eyeglasses.
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,756

Post#15 » by Sixersftw » Sat Dec 5, 2009 11:14 pm

Dedicated_76ers_fan wrote:Rubio didn't lead Spain anywhere, that was Jose Calderon starting. Calderon is the better PG(Well, he has the better jumpshot, their much the same player).

Mind Explosion.

I'll just assume you've never seen either one of them play? They are both Spanish. That is where this comparison ends.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#16 » by LongLiveHinkie » Sun Dec 6, 2009 12:31 am

Of course he's never seen either play. But that's Dedicated. He probably thinks Wall is white and Rubio is black.

I'm not saying Jordan is a great coach, but you guys complain about every coach every year. Maybe it is about time the players start getting held accountable for sucking? Or the GM for hiring these coaches?

They aren't going to fire him on his first year after giving him a multi-year deal either. Even if he was fired, then no one is going to want to coach this team anyway. Especially with Iverson back in the fold.
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User

Post#17 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Sun Dec 6, 2009 3:25 am

Sixersftw wrote:
Dedicated_76ers_fan wrote:Rubio didn't lead Spain anywhere, that was Jose Calderon starting. Calderon is the better PG(Well, he has the better jumpshot, their much the same player).

Mind Explosion.

I'll just assume you've never seen either one of them play? They are both Spanish. That is where this comparison ends.

I saw Ricky Rubio play just last weekend, although I HATE Euro basketball. I think that late in the fourth quarter, that may have been the first time in Euro history that I saw GOOD man-to-man defense.

They were up in Rubio's grill late in the fourth quarter(about damn time too), and the difference was obvious. Rubio was obviously uncomfortable facing such pressure. He probably never had for years. He barely passed out of the double, unable to shoot over it, or get past his man.

Of course, it's not just 1-on-1 defense. What if the entire team were capable of playing defense? Then you'd need Rubio to create shots for himself and his team-mates, something you can't do with a lack of an offensive repitore.

Jose Calderon can run the pick and roll. He has the speed and the jump shot. Rubio's a slightly better defender.

But I take Calderon over Rubio, every single time.
Lapinski
Lead Assistant
And1: 94

Post#18 » by Lapinski » Sun Dec 6, 2009 3:57 am

They aren't going to fire him on his first year after giving him a multi-year deal either. Even if he was fired, then no one is going to want to coach this team anyway. Especially with Iverson back in the fold.

I think we have painted ourselves into a corner when it comes to coaching. So far this decade we have seen Brown, Ayers, Ford, JOB, Cheeks, DiLeo and now Jordan. We almost have to let this guy finish his contract because no one with credibility is going to want to coach here.
Mojo7
Pro Prospect

Post#19 » by Mojo7 » Sun Dec 6, 2009 5:57 am

Lapinski wrote:

I think we have painted ourselves into a corner when it comes to coaching. So far this decade we have seen Brown, Ayers, Ford, JOB, Cheeks, DiLeo and now Jordan. We almost have to let this guy finish his contract because no one with credibility is going to want to coach here.

Didn't want a retread anyway. Give me a up and coming assistant with defensive credentials
Brand_76
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#20 » by Brand_76 » Sun Dec 6, 2009 2:17 pm

Back to the EJ topic:- FIRE HIS ASS NOW!

He is a clueless waste of sperm...He alone has lost Philly 7 games that I can think off....oh yeah the bobcats game as well....I cant stand looking at his HEAD anymore....That fukin Head makes me wanna punch my screen in every time they show it now...before it was only in the 4th quarter now its all the time.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers