Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,263

Re: Sixerfan back re:Stein on ESPN.com: 6ers determined to deal 

Post#101 » by ProcessDoctor » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:52 am

bdownbear wrote:
sixers238 wrote:
Tapoona wrote:Jazz fan here. I was just listening to local sports talk radio and the host mentioned that Iguodala had expressed interest in coming to Utah. I know, i know, don't believe everything i hear. I'm just wondering what players the Sixers might be interested in/need from the Jazz in order for a trade to work. For purposes of this discussion please don't say D-Will or Boozer because i don't think the Jazz would include them in a deal for Iguodala.

Take Brand & Iguodala for AK47 & Boozer.

You know what the answer will be, so why ask.

He said for Iguodala, not Iguodala & Brand.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Payne/Downtin
Maxey/Melton/Hield
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
KKell2507
Starter
And1: 507

Post#102 » by KKell2507 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:05 am

Foshan wrote:
sixers238 wrote:

Yeah I really don't see anything on UTA's roster that I'd deal Iggy alone for...

Although I would hate to see it happen because I dont think Iguodala should go anywhere but if we have to trade him:

What about Iguodala and Green for Kirilenko and the Knicks pick?
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 734

Post#103 » by tk76 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:18 am

The Knicks are slated to have the #10 pick, and are not looking to lose games. That pick is not that valuable IMO.
Tapoona
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#104 » by Tapoona » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:22 am

KKell2507 wrote:
Foshan wrote:
sixers238 wrote:

Yeah I really don't see anything on UTA's roster that I'd deal Iggy alone for...

Although I would hate to see it happen because I dont think Iguodala should go anywhere but if we have to trade him:

What about Iguodala and Green for Kirilenko and the Knicks pick?

I know Jazz fans here in Salt Lake would love to get rid of Kirilenko, but he has been playing better since he was inserted back into the starting line up. I still think he has lots in the tank if given the right situation. With Green only being listed at 6'2" I'm not sure the Jazz would need another PG/SG. We already have 3 PGs and 5 more players rotating time at the 2/3 (which are basically the same in the Jazz system). I think the Jazz would be willing to move AK and the Kincks pick, but maybe not in this situation.

I'm not sure a trade between the two teams would work. It looks like a third team would need to get involved.

Thanks for your opinions. It's nice to hear from people other than Jazz fans proposing lopsided trades.
KKell2507
Starter

Post#105 » by KKell2507 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:39 am

tk76 wrote:The Knicks are slated to have the #10 pick, and are not looking to lose games. That pick is not that valuable IMO.

As long as its still a lottery pick it could be very valuable. It would give us more ping pong balls than we currently have and could ever have no matter how bad we finish. In that scenario, losing Iggy would likely mean more losses and could allow Golden state and even minnesota to catch us. So even if we finish 2nd worst, having the knicks pick would also pretty much even the playing field between us and the Nets in getting John Wall.

Im not saying I would do the trade because I as ive stated want to keep Iggy. But if we were to do a trade with Utah for Iggy, that would be one I'd consider. Its a lot better than just getting cap sapce from houston.
ponder719
Sixth Man
And1: 128

Post#106 » by ponder719 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:26 am

Tapoona wrote:Jazz fan here. I was just listening to local sports talk radio and the host mentioned that Iguodala had expressed interest in coming to Utah. I know, i know, don't believe everything i hear. I'm just wondering what players the Sixers might be interested in/need from the Jazz in order for a trade to work. For purposes of this discussion please don't say D-Will or Boozer because i don't think the Jazz would include them in a deal for Iguodala.

An alternate proposal that doesn't include Boozer:

AK47 and Korver (Or AK, KK, and Okur) for Brand and Iguodala. The first deal is a straight talent dump on Philly's part, the larger version cuts some salary for Utah. No pick involved, Philly gets out of some contracts early (particularly in the smaller deal, which gives us tremendous relief by 2011) and Utah adds some great talent to their already dangerous lineup without moving Boozer.

Subsequently, Utah could move Boozer elsewhere for valuable pieces if they so choose, given that they'll have Millsap and Brand at the 4.
Bryan Colangelo Elton Brand Daryl Morey: The Cause of, and Solution to, All of Life's Problems

The Sixers: All of Life's Problems
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,946

Post#107 » by Foshan » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:59 am

I can't see us taking back AK & Okur without getting the NY pick. Brand & Iggy are both significantly better players, and Okur's got 3 yrs left so its not like we are saving HUGE $$.

AK/KK/Okur/NYpick---Brand/Iggy
We take on an extra 4M in the deal this year to get Uta under the tax. They get the better players and compete this year. We get slight cap relief next year (while still sucking), more relief the following year(while still sucking), and finally out the next, and lol probably still suck. Maybe they should throw in Matthews too. *sigh*
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#108 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:04 am

I don't make that trade. It's not worth it. Are we significant 2011 players? No. Besides that, there's the Young/Speights contracts to worry about.

You HAVE to get a Houston deal done, we're in a position of strength. Who exactly is going to outbid us for someone that has played 8 MPG? We're giving them a 3rd option SF and a shotblocking C(which they could use to be a legit contender).

I mean come on, that's fair value for a guy that's not even playing. Morey's insane if he thinks we're going to give Young, Speights. Iggy/Daly is more then enough value.
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#109 » by freshie2 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:34 am

Finally, a little life on the board.

I like Xavier Henry, but John Wall helps any team more than Henry...I'd love to see a Wall/Jrue backcourt from the defensive perspective.

A lot of big deals discussed (at least big contracts), but my guess is Lou is moved for luxury tax reasons and the core remains.

EJ can't be fired without ES being axed as well...bring back the late 70's...this franchise is in chronic pain.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#110 » by 51X3RF4N » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:17 am

"I mean come on, that's fair value for a guy that's not even playing."

I hate to feed the troll, but TMac's value is NOT in himself as a player, or in his production, minutes played, etc. His value is in the contract, which expires and would help the Sixers tremendously if they are looking to blow it up.

Houston is in position of leverage because they have the expiring contract, which is very valuable seeing as how this upcoming offseason will be one of the best in history with many big name players looking around. Many teams want in on the action, so they are willing to trade good pieces for expiring deals. One like TMac's would bring in a big return closer to the deadline. There will likely be better offers than Daly/Iggy. Plus, Houston has said they will not take back Daly because of his trade kicker.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
McFurious1
Head Coach
And1: 865

Post#111 » by McFurious1 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:33 am

Would you guys do a deal based around Iggy for DeMar DeRozan and expirings?
LarsV8
General Manager
And1: 3,943

Post#112 » by LarsV8 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:34 am

If the Philly insider is atleast somewhat right, one possibility would be a three way trade. Something along the lines of:

Houston Gets:
Iggy
Daly
Williams

Chicago Gets:
Cook
McGrady

Philly Gets:
Miller
Deng
filler

Essentially Philly dumps salary but gets Deng back to fill some of the hole left by Iggy. Philly continues rebuilding but doesnt have to pay the lux tax in the process.
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#113 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:36 am

Why does everyone reject the notion that we need someone that can shoot?
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,597

Post#114 » by sixerswillrule » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:47 am

A simple trade can be done involving Dalembert if we want to save some money. Maybe to a team like Portland, Dallas, or Utah. If we want to get rid of Iguodala(we shouldn't), it should be done separately with a crapload of incentive coming in return along with expirings. Not for nothing, like this ridiculous rumor...
LarsV8
General Manager

Post#115 » by LarsV8 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:50 am

sixerswillrule wrote:A simple trade can be done involving Dalembert if we want to save some money. Maybe to a team like Portland, Dallas, or Utah.

If there was a SIMPLE trade to dump Dalembert it would of been done. There is not. With the trade kicker Dalembert's salary is approaching Lebron/Wade territory.
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,597

Post#116 » by sixerswillrule » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:40 am

If it can't be done, then so be it. He has 1 more year left. That's not enough to trade our best player...
underpressure
Analyst
And1: 239

Post#117 » by underpressure » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:58 am

LarsV8 wrote:Essentially Philly dumps salary but gets Deng back to fill some of the hole left by Iggy. Philly continues rebuilding but doesnt have to pay the lux tax in the process.

Rebuilding while still having Deng and Brand, aaalright. :lol:

The rebuilding process starts and ends with Brand. As long as he is on the team the Sixers are not in a rebuilding mode.
KKell2507
Starter

Post#118 » by KKell2507 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:23 am

The Houston trade in no way should ever be done period. I dont care if it gets rid of our entire teams contracts. So many better options are avaialable if you are just patient and look hard enough for them. if the knicks could somehow get rid of zach randolph back when they did then the sixers can surely get rid of elton brand. Andre iguodala's contract is not a problem. If we trade Iggy and dont trade Brand were still ****. The first step to rebuilding is finding someone for Brands contract. the 2nd step is letting Daly, Green, and Kapono expire. The 3rd step not necessarily in order is developing our young talent(which includes Iggy) plus our great draft picks for the next year or two into exactly what we want our team to be. The last step is finding the perfect fit to make this team gel through trades and free agency to make steps 1-3 look great.
LarsV8
General Manager

Post#119 » by LarsV8 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:31 am

underpressure wrote:The rebuilding process starts and ends with Brand. As long as he is on the team the Sixers are not in a rebuilding mode.

Well Brand isnt going anywhere so you can either be a mediocre team for 5 years and then start rebuilding or jump start now.

All I was doing was going by what YOUR insider posted. Rockets rejected the deal, most likely because Lowry was included. Tried to get Lowry out of the deal and instead get Philly more talent via Chicago. Take your pick of what you want from them.
Slacktard
RealGM
And1: 17,827

Post#120 » by Slacktard » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:12 am

LarsV8 wrote:
underpressure wrote:The rebuilding process starts and ends with Brand. As long as he is on the team the Sixers are not in a rebuilding mode.

Well Brand isnt going anywhere so you can either be a mediocre team for 5 years and then start rebuilding or jump start now.

We'll be a mediocre trade with or without the trade you posted so I see point in making it. Any salary dump of Iggy leads to mediocrity, keeping Iggy probably keeps the team mired in mediocrity, but you retain a high quality NBA player, a player who is one of the better defenders at his position and has a pretty good all-around game.

Call me crazy but I'd rather be potentially mediocre with him then without him.

Now if you absorb Brand then you can talk Iggy. If not well no trade. It's no skin off my nose, tired of hearing ultimatums from other fans about "OMG you guys have to trade Iggy to us for garbage" umm, no they don't. The Sixers can get out of the luxury tax by trading Kapono/Willie Green or if that can't be done buying them out.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers