ImageImageImage

SF76 Deadline Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

sixerfan1976
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Re: Sixerfan back re:Stein on ESPN.com: 6ers determined to deal 

Post#21 » by sixerfan1976 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:06 pm

i actually dont think its taht bad of a move.....i dont think moving iguodala and brand is as easy as you think it is. there are like 3 teams in the entire league willing to take on salary.

Dalembert's value will never be higher......I know he is an expiring next year......but its the same Sammy you have seen and hated over the last few years..he will revert back to those ways at some point.

look..it takes two to tango....we can say we want to move salary all we want..if another team isnt willing to take the salary.....we are stuck here with the same team.

Alot of this is a business decision..its not just about trading our high dollar contracts for equal value talent. Thats not what this league is about anymore.....unfortunately.
Slacktard
RealGM
And1: 17,720

Post#22 » by Slacktard » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:06 pm

Well as good as saying 'wait for a new coach' is. There is some kind of deadline sense in being able to make roster moves. Look at Houston with McGrady... McGrady is on one of the old CBA contracts that has been phased out, you're not going to find teams one guy who's expiring and making like almost enough by himself to suck up two max contracts in return.

It also kind of depends on what the goals of the organization are. I look at this roster and I think an average coach could get them to 35-38 wins. I think an awesome coach can have them in the 40-45 win range. I don't see this roster being capable of contending for an NBA championship and I think going forward with Brand & Iggy's max deals and then Thad needing a new deal you're not going to be able to pick up pieces very easily along the way.

So if they look at it and decide yea a good coach would have a better showing with this roster, but it's still not going to get it done long term then you do blow it up.

But by blowing it up to rebuild I mean dealing Iggy & Brand. If it's a deal like SF listed where Brand stays and you get rid of Iggy, Sammy, and someone else (maybe Thad/Speights) I don't see that as rebuilding.

I see that as us retaining Brand's albatross of a contract and losing some guys who are starters for us. This team just becomes a bottom 6 team in the NBA for like 2 or 3 years and never really has the financial flexibility to make many moves.
sweetlou23
Bench Warmer
And1: 55

Re: Marc Stein on ESPN.com: 6ers determined to deal 

Post#23 » by sweetlou23 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:07 pm

sixerfan1976 wrote:i think we will consider a salary dump situation as long as we dont have to move Thad, Speights or jrue. If it were my team..no one would be untradeable except Jrue.

Teams have been asking for Iguodala.....if we include Brand or Dalembert..they want a young inexpensive piece too. I would move Lou though. Hand the keys over to Jrue at the point now. Let him grow rest of season.

McGrady is possible.....but I wouldnt say probable. Do you have any confidence if we had 12-14 million in cap room ths summer that we would use it on the right player? I dont with this regime.

We need a good coach..and a good GM.....If you fire Jordan now..you gotta use Ayers probably teh rest of the year. I think Jordan lasts the season.....but doesnt come back next year.

I dont expect anything to happen until after the all star break..but I do expect us to move salary somehow if possible. They are losing money big time. Could even be as small as a Willie Green trade. Its definitely a very bleak moment in the history of this franchise.

Why would you move lou, rather than young? Lou seems to have more everything except size than young does and his contract is only 5 mil. I just do not get the sixers' attitude toward Lou. Do they really think that they gave him the opportunity to run the point here?
Hooch20
Junior
And1: 18

Post#24 » by Hooch20 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:09 pm

I'm a Clips fan and we could use Iguodala big time. Would you guys do Iguodala and Kapono for Camby, Rasual Butler, and Ricky Davis?

You guys save a ton of money and get pieces that'll help you compete this year. You could also move Camby to a 3rd team for a young piece or draft pick.
Mahorn at the 4
Senior
And1: 7

Post#25 » by Mahorn at the 4 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:12 pm

I agree with Sixerfan; now is the time to strike on Dalembert. SELL HIGH! Or as high as it will get.

Then package Iguodala with Brand and a young piece and start over.

There has been speculation that Lebron may want to play with Wall. So, the very remote possibility is there. :D
sixerfan1976
Assistant Coach

Post#26 » by sixerfan1976 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:13 pm

Jrue is your pt guard of the future.....Lou is a nice player but not the long term solution.

I think its houston or dallas if we move iguodala and/or dalembert/brand.

i think a smaller deal with green or kapono for salary dump purposes is a much more likely plan b with more teams in the mix.
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 734

Post#27 » by tk76 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:14 pm

Mahorn at the 4 wrote:Sixerfan,

Has there been any talk about Iguodala with Dallas?

I could see Cuban taking Dalembert and Brand in order to get Iguodala. They have the expirings to get it done. This would also put Dallas in a much stronger position to win during the Dirk era. Plus, Cuban has the cash, that's for sure.

Do they?

Dallas has these potential big expirings:
Dampier(10M)
Howard((11M) with team option for next year
Gooden (4.5M)
and 3.5M in smaller expirings
-------------------------------------------------
28M in expiring deals

They would not move Dampier unless the got Sam in the trade.
Sam(12M) + Iguodala(12) + Brand (15M) = 39M

That is 11M that you would have to make up.

So with longer deals you have Najara (3.5M), Carrol (4.5M) and Ross(1m)= 9M

...So it could work, but barely. That sure would blow up the team. You would be left with:

Jrue, Lou, AI, Green
Thad, Carney, Kapono
Speights, Smith
Najara, Carrol

And 20-30M in cap space.

Sounds like an expansion team.
sixerfan1976
Assistant Coach

Post#28 » by sixerfan1976 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:17 pm

is 13-27 that much better than an expansion team?
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by tk76 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:18 pm

Slacktard wrote:But by blowing it up to rebuild I mean dealing Iggy & Brand. If it's a deal like SF listed where Brand stays and you get rid of Iggy, Sammy, and someone else (maybe Thad/Speights) I don't see that as rebuilding.

I see that as us retaining Brand's albatross of a contract and losing some guys who are starters for us. This team just becomes a bottom 6 team in the NBA for like 2 or 3 years and never really has the financial flexibility to make many moves.

Well stated. Agree. Any slary dump has to involve Brand, whatever the collateral damage. Keeping Brand and giving away other talent just makes a bad situation that much worse.

Big picture question:

Is Comcast's priority to rebuild the team or just to avoid the lux tax?
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by tk76 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:21 pm

sixerfan1976 wrote:is 13-27 that much better than an expansion team?

Agree. I would do that deal- as I posted 2 weeks ago (the nuclear option, trade Brand and Iguodala.) Just saying its not a rosy picture.
bebopdeluxe
RealGM
And1: 3,893

Post#31 » by bebopdeluxe » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:25 pm

I would absolutely LOVE to see the SIxers blow it up the way that tk is describing. RElative to the size of the market, we would be the biggest joke in all of team sports.

If they are going to do that, they why doesn't Comcast sell the Sixers (while maintaining the stadium and broadcast rights) to somebody who gives a f? They'll still get revenue from CSN broadcast rights and the stadium, and they can sell the team to somebody who CARES about the Sixers? Perhaps Pat Croce could get a group together (like Giles and Montgomery did with the Phillies)...or we could find a Russian petro-billionaire (like the Nets did) who wants in on the US sports market.

Seriously, this is pathetic. We would actually trade away our valuable young resources (pushing back this team's development even more) and condemn this team to years of irrelevency solely to keep Comcast out of the red?

My God...can't we just eat the $4-5 million that we would owe EFJ for the last two years of his deal and see if a REAL coach could fix this thing first?
is1531
Banned User

Post#32 » by is1531 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:27 pm

Hooch20 wrote:I'm a Clips fan and we could use Iguodala big time. Would you guys do Iguodala and Kapono for Camby, Rasual Butler, and Ricky Davis?

You guys save a ton of money and get pieces that'll help you compete this year. You could also move Camby to a 3rd team for a young piece or draft pick.

This is a horrible deal for the 76ers. I don't want to compete this year. The season is half over. Just give me the 3rd pick in the lottery. Evan Turner, plesase report to the 76ers podium.

If teams are going to try and fleece Iggy from our 76ers, then just keep the guy. Let the other teams go and fleece somebody else. :D
34Charles
Junior

Post#33 » by 34Charles » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:28 pm

With the Sixers already trying to move Iguodala....how crazy does this sound:

Iguodala and Carl Landry to the Raptors

McGrady and Derozen to the Sixers

Chris Bosh, Green and Kapono to the Rockets
Hooch20
Junior
And1: 18

Post#34 » by Hooch20 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:35 pm

is1531 wrote:
Hooch20 wrote:I'm a Clips fan and we could use Iguodala big time. Would you guys do Iguodala and Kapono for Camby, Rasual Butler, and Ricky Davis?

This is a horrible deal for the 76ers. I don't want to compete this year. The season is half over. Just give me the 3rd pick in the lottery. Evan Turner, plesase report to the 76ers podium.

If teams are going to try and fleece Iggy from our 76ers, then just keep the guy. Let the other teams go and fleece somebody else. :D

Not sure how this is fleecing you guys, but whatever. It just sounded like the team is getting to the point where they are thinking about dumping Iguodala. This deal gives you nothing, but expiring contracts and Camby could be moved fore something that would help in the future. My bad I guess.
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by tk76 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:39 pm

34Charles wrote:With the Sixers already trying to move Iguodala....how crazy does this sound:

Very crazy 8-)

Landy + giant expiring does not get you Bosh.
Mahorn at the 4
Senior

Post#36 » by Mahorn at the 4 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:43 pm

tk76 wrote:
34Charles wrote:With the Sixers already trying to move Iguodala....how crazy does this sound:

Very crazy 8-)

It might.

6ers get a young player and cap relief.
Raps get a star, save face for Bosh leaving.
Rockets get a star to team w/ Yao.
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by tk76 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:44 pm

Hooch, I expect the Sixers want more than just expirings back for Iguodala. They want to get out from under Brand or Sam's contracts more than Iguodala's, but are considering using Iguodala as the sweetener.

They would probably do something like
Iguodala
for Camby + Gordan + Jordan but the Cippers would likely balk at that.
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by tk76 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:47 pm

Mahorn at the 4 wrote:
tk76 wrote:

Very crazy 8-)

It might.

6ers get a young player and cap relief.
Raps get a star, save face for Bosh leaving.
Rockets get a star to team w/ Yao.

I would jump if you took out Kapono/Green(8.5M) and substituted Brand(15M) and sent back the Sixer s short contracts to make up the difference :)
sixerbond
Banned User

Post#39 » by sixerbond » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:49 pm

I just posted a trade on the trade board under the title, Sixers/Lakers simple swap. It is the most
BRILLIANT trade involving Iggy that ANYONE has ever posted. It makes so much sense it ain't even funny. It should be done,,,but, seeing as who our GM is,,it won't. Too bad to cause as I stated,,it is Brilliant..( If I do say so myself ) :clap:
34Charles
Junior

Post#40 » by 34Charles » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:53 pm

tk76 wrote:

Very crazy 8-)

I think you underestimate how good Landry is playing this year....the guy is averaging 16+ppg. Does Toronto take the chance that Bosh leaves to a team like Miami for nothing or do they take the young PF Landry with the All-star talent in Iggy

Return to Philadelphia 76ers