Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,890

Re: Premier League 2020/2021 

Post#1001 » by stormi » Sun May 23, 2021 5:14 pm

HIF wrote:
stormi wrote:
HIF wrote:I'm proud of my team again this season. We have had a fantastic season.

If you're happy, I'm happy. See you next season.

That's football mate. Have a good break.

You too. It was all banter from me.

To be fair, we dropped an absolute stinker tonight at Villa and if that happens again in Portugal we'll be an international mockery. Leicester have an extremely strong squad and really only missed T4 because of a brutal injury run.

Can't wait for our first meeting next season so I can drop the Amartey picture again :meditate: :rockon:
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#1002 » by HIF » Sun May 23, 2021 5:15 pm

Baphomet wrote:Good way to end a poor season, qualifying for the ill-fated conference league but still finishing above Arsenal. Sad that this is probably the last time we'll see Harry in a Spurs shirt. I feel very emotional.

Comiserations to Leicester for missing out on the CL, but like HIF said, it's still been a good season with the cup.

So Harry leaves and Spurs win a trophy. :wink:
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,661

Post#1003 » by Baphomet » Sun May 23, 2021 5:18 pm

stormi wrote:You too. It was all banter from me.

To be fair, we dropped an absolute stinker tonight at Villa and if that happens again in Portugal we'll be an international mockery. Leicester have an extremely strong squad and really only missed T4 because of a brutal injury run.

Can't wait for our first meeting next season so I can drop the Amartey picture again :meditate: :rockon:

There's no shame in losing to this Villa team. They're actually a very good side with Grealish playing, he makes a huge difference.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1004 » by Baphomet » Sun May 23, 2021 5:20 pm

HIF wrote:
Baphomet wrote:Good way to end a poor season, qualifying for the ill-fated conference league but still finishing above Arsenal. Sad that this is probably the last time we'll see Harry in a Spurs shirt. I feel very emotional.

Comiserations to Leicester for missing out on the CL, but like HIF said, it's still been a good season with the cup.

I was 19 and still in school when we last won a trophy, not counting our glorious Audi Cup campaign. I'd take it.
HIF
RealGM

Post#1005 » by HIF » Sun May 23, 2021 5:23 pm

Baphomet wrote:
HIF wrote:

I was 19 and still in school when we last won a trophy, not counting our glorious Audi Cup campaign. I'd take it.

And Leicester were in the THIRD tier of English football.

stormi
General Manager

Post#1006 » by stormi » Sun May 23, 2021 5:26 pm

HIF wrote:
Baphomet wrote:
HIF wrote:

Why leads one to support Leicester from France
HIF
RealGM

Post#1007 » by HIF » Sun May 23, 2021 5:28 pm

First team Leicester Players that missed more than 10 games this season through injury

Fofana
Soyuncu
Justin
Barnes
Praet
Vardy
Evans
Castagne
Maddison
Ndidi
Ricardo
Morgan (okay maybe not first team)
Perez (okay, should never be in the first team but was)

HIF
RealGM

Post#1008 » by HIF » Sun May 23, 2021 5:30 pm

stormi wrote:
HIF wrote:
Baphomet wrote:

Why leads one to support Leicester from France

I was born and brought up in Leicester. I'm blue through and through and moved to France as an adult. I watched Leicester from the age of five and didn't miss a game for over ten years before I left England in my late 20's.

The better question is "Why live in France?" :D

Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1009 » by Baphomet » Sun May 23, 2021 5:46 pm

Thanks to everyone for making this a lively season, despite the league being basically wrapped up for a while. We had a lot more activity here than last season, and I'm happy to see it and hope we can keep that momentum going into Euro 2021.
stormi
General Manager

Post#1010 » by stormi » Sun May 23, 2021 6:10 pm

Wish he was healthy for Frank next season. What a baller
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,338

Post#1011 » by wco81 » Sun May 23, 2021 6:25 pm

What is the Conference league. IS that what the Europa league was?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,506

Post#1012 » by Cactus Jack » Sun May 23, 2021 7:28 pm

wco81 wrote:What is the Conference league. IS that what the Europa league was?

Yeah, I'm completely out of the loop on this one too. What's this conference league? Is it like another Super League? :wink:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
HIF
RealGM

Post#1013 » by HIF » Sun May 23, 2021 7:33 pm

It's a new European competition. 3rd tier level. Waste of time I think.

HIF
RealGM

Post#1014 » by HIF » Sun May 23, 2021 7:33 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

Yeah, I'm completely out of the loop on this one too. What's this conference league? Is it like another Super League? :wink:

I guess it's the super league for Spurs.

Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1015 » by Baphomet » Sun May 23, 2021 7:34 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:I'm out of the loop. What's this conference league? Is it like another Super League? :wink:

It's a new tournament that's basically a third rung European competition after the CL and EL. That's about all that needs to be said about it. Not very prestigious, but Spurs are in no position to turn their nose up at the chance to win a trophy, and I hope they can win it. Jose Mourinho's Roma will be in it too. :lol:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#1016 » by Cactus Jack » Sun May 23, 2021 7:34 pm

HIF wrote:

Ya'll have way too many f'n tournaments to keep track of now. It's getting out of hand. :lol:
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#1017 » by NyCeEvO » Sun May 23, 2021 8:03 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
HIF wrote:

Ya'll have way too many f'n tournaments to keep track of now. It's getting out of hand. :lol:

It's being marketed as a way for clubs from smaller countries to experience European football.

Also, UEFA has reduced the number of teams participating in the Europa League from 48 to 32 in order to create more room for more teams in the Conference League.

What's crazy to me though is that teams eliminated from the preliminary and 1st qualifying round of the Champions League will be transferred to the Conference League similar to how teams eliminated from the 2nd and 3rd rounds of Champions League transfer over to the Europa League.

Personally, I think it would be much more exciting if losing teams remained out of all European competitions and wouldn't be gifted a leg up into the next tournament. With that said, I can somewhat understand UEFA's reasoning, because if you completely eliminate those teams from all competitions, you will lose the viewership of their fanbases as well.

Everything ultimately comes down to money. But I have to admit, I'm not as opposed to it as others. I don't mind having Conference League games serve as background white noise while I'm working at the computer. :lol:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#1018 » by Cactus Jack » Sun May 23, 2021 8:44 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
HIF wrote:It's a new European competition. 3rd tier level. Waste of time I think.

Everything ultimately comes down to money.

The NBA is now trying to add a mid-season cup tournament lol. It's always a money grab of some kind.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Premier League 2020/2021 

Post#1019 » by NyCeEvO » Sun May 23, 2021 8:59 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Ya'll have way too many f'n tournaments to keep track of now. It's getting out of hand. :lol:

Everything ultimately comes down to money.

The NBA is now trying to add an in-season cup tournament lol. It's always a money grab.

He’s trying to borrow the idea from football, but doesn’t realize that the NBA game isn’t made for it.

I bet he would love to reduce the total number of regular season games to 58-66, so that each team plays every other team at twice and also potentially plays those within their respective division a third time. Then, have a mid-season tournament to decide something of significance. I don’t see the NBPA agreeing to many fewer games, since it undoubtedly would lead to reduction in player salaries and total revenue.

The problem with the NBA isn’t number of games and load management; it’s that they’ve stripped defense away from the game so much that games feel like a glorified scrimmage where no one really plays hard on defense and is just trying to make it through the game without being injured. It’s hard for me to watch a full NBA game without getting bored.
HIF
RealGM

Post#1020 » by HIF » Mon May 24, 2021 7:03 am

Baphomet wrote:

Cactus Jack wrote:I'm out of the loop. What's this conference league? Is it like another Super League? :wink:

It's a new tournament that's basically a third rung European competition after the CL and EL. That's about all that needs to be said about it. Not very prestigious, but Spurs are in no position to turn their nose up at the chance to win a trophy, and I hope they can win it. Jose Mourinho's Roma will be in it too. :lol:

It's incredible when you actually see what low esteem the Europa League has that another lower level has been brought in. It's UEFA's way of creating European leagues I think. Let's just have 1 competition for League champions and another for Cup winners.

Return to The General Soccer Board