Transfer Thread: 2023 -> 2024

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer
And1: 859

Re: Transfer Thread: 2023 -> 2024 

Post#121 » by LDNMagic90 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:42 pm

Baseline81 wrote:
LDNMagic90 wrote:Spurs are in for Maddison I guess I was wrong lol but it sounds like the talks are progressing well. On the other end Bayern are in for Kane.

This is a very interesting summer for Spurs.

I could see Levi selling Kane to Bayern and not PL rivals, however, the €70m + add-ons in Ornstein's article is not enough.

I think around €100m could get it done, I’ve heard Bayern and Kane have already agreed on personal terms
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,662

Post#122 » by Baphomet » Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:01 pm

To be honest, I'd be happy for Kane if he ended up at Bayern or Real. Maybe he could finally get the recognition he deserves as a player, without the trophy jibes, since he'd likely win silverware there.

Vicario is done, really hope we can sign Maddison now. He's basically a dream signing for me. I've tried not to talk about it too much because I don't want to jinx it, but he ticks literally every box for Spurs midfield needs. Amazing player, homegrown, still young, offers central creativity and goalscoring, great at set pieces, etc.
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,183

Post#123 » by magik9113 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:02 pm

HIF wrote:
magik9113 wrote:
Baphomet wrote:
This would be a really good signing for them. Tonali is class.

Crazy decision from Milan but the money they’re getting is worth it honestly. Their fans are in an uproar as they got rid of Maldini and now transferred their young talent who was a lifelong Milan fan himself.
Terrible move as always for an Italian CM to go to the EPL. Could ruin his career

Do you feel same way about the EPL teams buying up Italian talent as some EPL fans feel about the Saudis buying their talent.

I guess so lol. There just hasn’t been a good track record of Italians succeeding in the EPL. Especially center mids.
Tonali could change this, but it feels like when Aquilani went to Liverpool ages ago—sure, his time there was derailed by injuries, but it was a bad idea to begin with.
The days of Zola and Di Matteo becoming Chelsea legends are long gone
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#124 » by HIF » Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:39 am

Baphomet wrote:To be honest, I'd be happy for Kane if he ended up at Bayern or Real. Maybe he could finally get the recognition he deserves as a player, without the trophy jibes, since he'd likely win silverware there.

Vicario is done, really hope we can sign Maddison now. He's basically a dream signing for me. I've tried not to talk about it too much because I don't want to jinx it, but he ticks literally every box for Spurs midfield needs. Amazing player, homegrown, still young, offers central creativity and goalscoring, great at set pieces, etc.

Looks like you got Maddison. £40m is a good price for you. I just hope the add ons are for stats and England appearances. I think £50m would be reasonable.

As much as he let us down at the end of last season, he was probably our outstanding player for the year previously. I think he'll fit in well at Spurs and you'll love his moves. Hopefully for you he'll go back to trying to help his teammates and stop the showboating and stat padding that he did at the end of his Leicester career. Very good player but he'll never be forgiven for the penalty miss against Everton which resulted in our relegation nor his tweeting that backfired on him badly in the final days.

Just hope we don't waste any of it on Harry winks in return.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
HIF
RealGM

Post#125 » by HIF » Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:29 am

Read on Twitter

Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,464

Post#126 » by Baseline81 » Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:38 pm

Can we discuss how ridiculous this is?

Don't get me wrong, Rice is a good player, however, he has one-year remaining on his current contract with West Ham. Oh, do I also need to mention how this is more up front than what Real Madrid is paying for Bellingham?

Transfer continue to become more and more crazy...

Read on Twitter
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,391

Post#127 » by Shaazzam » Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:13 pm

Glad that's not Man U at that price. (And hopefully we don't look to hi-jack w/more money)
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#128 » by Baphomet » Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:04 pm

HIF wrote:Looks like you got Maddison. £40m is a good price for you. I just hope the add ons are for stats and England appearances. I think £50m would be reasonable.

As much as he let us down at the end of last season, he was probably our outstanding player for the year previously. I think he'll fit in well at Spurs and you'll love his moves. Hopefully for you he'll go back to trying to help his teammates and stop the showboating and stat padding that he did at the end of his Leicester career. Very good player but he'll never be forgiven for the penalty miss against Everton which resulted in our relegation nor his tweeting that backfired on him badly in the final days.

£40m is a bargain, for sure. A great deal for Spurs. I understand that there's a big element of sadness for this with Leicester fans, having to sell good players by necessity. I think Spurs are a good landing spot for him though, like you say. He addresses a number of the team's needs and is still young.

He's a wonderful player and I can't wait to see him play for us.
msmoore66
Pro Prospect
And1: 374

Post#129 » by msmoore66 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:13 am

Baseline81 wrote:Can we discuss how ridiculous this is?

Don't get me wrong, Rice is a good player, however, he has one-year remaining on his current contract with West Ham. Oh, do I also need to mention how this is more up front than what Real Madrid is paying for Bellingham?

Transfer continue to become more and more crazy...

Read on Twitter

It's crazy huh.

Crap tonne of money for sure. That had been WHU valuation the whole time (well £100m) anyway.

Bellingham was less as that was Dortmund and Madrid, no PL tax.

I think the duration on his contract is murky, there is 1 year plus a further 1 year club option (but both parties have to consent, so who knows what the point of that is, but from what I understand common and mostly exercised unless both parties want out).

Once again, crap tonne of money, but not without precedent, hell Enzo cost more and (bias in play) I would prefer Rice.

I think a big part of what makes clubs willing to pay the inflated PL tax, especially when dealing PL to PL club, is the readiness of the player to play from the get go.

It's surreal and a situation 2, even 1 year ago, you would not expect to see Arsenal a part of, but does show how far the club has come.

KSE certainly rubbed the fanbase the wrong way at times, but you cannot deny they have come to play.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#130 » by Baphomet » Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:07 am

Read on Twitter

Good luck to him, I wish him the best. I think he'll do alright in the Championship and can do a job for Leicester's reshaping midfield. He never downed tools like Dele did and always gave everything, injuries were the main reason for him not making it at Spurs. Despite his general perception by football fans, he isn't a bad player at all.
HIF
RealGM

Post#131 » by HIF » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:05 am

Baphomet wrote:
Read on Twitter

Good luck to him, I wish him the best. I think he'll do alright in the Championship and can do a job for Leicester's reshaping midfield. He never downed tools like Dele did and always gave everything, injuries were the main reason for him not making it at Spurs. Despite his general perception by football fans, he isn't a bad player at all.

tbh I don't really ike him. Think he's flawed and at 28 his salary will be overpriced which has been a big reason for our financial crisis. If he doesn't work out there is no way we'll be able to offload him until his contract runs out.Sessengon or Steffen I could understand but not winks. We really should be looking at younger players or players with proven championship experience like Piroe, who'll take championship wages.

HIF
RealGM

Post#132 » by HIF » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:05 am

Baphomet wrote:
HIF wrote:Looks like you got Maddison. £40m is a good price for you. I just hope the add ons are for stats and England appearances. I think £50m would be reasonable.

£40m is a bargain, for sure. A great deal for Spurs. I understand that there's a big element of sadness for this with Leicester fans, having to sell good players by necessity. I think Spurs are a good landing spot for him though, like you say. He addresses a number of the team's needs and is still young.

He's a wonderful player and I can't wait to see him play for us.

Rice 105m
Havertz 65m
Maddison 40m

I think it's clear who got the best deal here;

HIF
RealGM

Post#133 » by HIF » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:27 am

I see ManU are "standing firm" on £55m for Mount. Chelsea must be laughing like crazy. Maddison £40m, Mount £55m - a player that Chelsea don't even want. Bend over Manchester because you are about to be mounted by Chelsea.

LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#134 » by LDNMagic90 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:31 am

Read on Twitter

Happy with this if it goes through, potentially we now have 4 very capable starting CBs playing for us in Mings, Konsa, Pau and Diego Carlos. Emery has said numerous of times he wants 2 quality starters per position, he also is someone he’s worked with so it makes a lot of sense.

I’ll be lying if I said I weren’t a slight bit concerned due to Pau’s perceived weakness in the air, but I trust Emery.

Now hopefully we can address our forward areas.
Baseline81
Starter

Post#135 » by Baseline81 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:33 am

LDNMagic90 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Happy with this if it goes through, potentially we now have 4 very capable starting CBs playing for us in Mings, Konsa, Pau and Diego Carlos. Emery has said numerous of times he wants 2 quality starters per position, he also is someone he’s worked with so it makes a lot of sense.

I’ll be lying if I said I weren’t a slight bit concerned due to Pau’s perceived weakness in the air, but I trust Emery.

If you say so. :lol:
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#136 » by LDNMagic90 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:41 am

Baseline81 wrote:
LDNMagic90 wrote:
Read on Twitter

If you say so. :lol:

Ha. Mings is one of the main reasons we finished 7th, he’s one of those players other fans like to meme and think he’s rubbish when they see him make a mistake. But when he’s performing really well nobody wants to praise him, he’s arguably Villas joint best player last season with Douglas Luiz
Baseline81
Starter

Post#137 » by Baseline81 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:48 am

LDNMagic90 wrote:Ha. Mings is one of the main reasons we finished 7th, he’s one of those players other fans like to meme and think he’s rubbish when they see him make a mistake. But when he’s performing really well nobody wants to praise him, he’s arguably Villas joint best player last season with Douglas Luiz

There's a reason Mings lost his captaincy and much of it was due to his play.

I recall when he was one of the upcoming England CB talents. Yet, because of his mistakes, he never really kicked on. Not a surprise he's stayed at Villa this long.
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#138 » by LDNMagic90 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:54 am

Baseline81 wrote:
LDNMagic90 wrote:Ha. Mings is one of the main reasons we finished 7th, he’s one of those players other fans like to meme and think he’s rubbish when they see him make a mistake. But when he’s performing really well nobody wants to praise him, he’s arguably Villas joint best player last season with Douglas Luiz

I recall when he was one of the upcoming England CB talents. Yet, because of his mistakes, he never really kicked on. Not a surprise he's stayed at Villa this long.

Him losing the captaincy was more to do with Gerrard than his actual play, although he’s played a lot better since losing the captaincy. He’s actually a good cb there’s other rated CBs in the prem who actually make more mistakes than him. That’s statistically proven as well, if he weren’t that rated Emery wouldn’t have wanted him to sign a new contract and probably would’ve wanted him sold in Jan. (see Danny Ings).

As I said yeah he used to make mistakes, but even he himself said it’s because he was trying to do so much at once. It’s been coached out of him and now he’s benefiting a lot. Our record without him in the team says a lot as well. We lose 70% of our games when he doesn’t play, that doesn’t sound like someone that’s a crap CB imo.
HIF
RealGM

Post#139 » by HIF » Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:23 pm

Baseline81 wrote:

More BS. Perhaps you don't watch teams outside the big 4 matches. Mings does make mistakes, which football er doesn't? He's also a player of exceptional quality who covers for the mistakes of others.

The condescending remark about Villa sums up your mentality. They are in Europe next season - something that Chelsea and Spurs aren't and they have an exceptional manager in Emery.

Baseline81
Starter

Post#140 » by Baseline81 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:00 pm

HIF wrote:More BS. Perhaps you don't watch teams outside the big 4 matches. Mings does make mistakes, which football er doesn't? He's also a player of exceptional quality who covers for the mistakes of others.

The condescending remark about Villa sums up your mentality. They are in Europe next season - something that Chelsea and Spurs aren't and they have an exceptional manager in Emery.

If what you are saying is true, why hasn't Mings moved on to a supposed bigger club? Is Aston Villa always asking for more than he's worth?

Could it be he's just not that good...

Return to The General Soccer Board