Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

MetalFingaz
Veteran
And1: 2,827

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread 

Post#1841 » by MetalFingaz » Sun Mar 5, 2023 10:05 pm

Baseline81 wrote:
HIF wrote:He only sings when they're winning

He appears to care more about Chelsea's transfer business than performance on the pitch, at least those are the times when he posts.

I'm sure he'll pop back up nearing the summer.

In fairness, it'd be a chore to watch this Chelsea team every week.
It's time for 5 refs.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,889

Post#1842 » by stormi » Wed Mar 8, 2023 2:33 pm

Read on Twitter

Bomba, man. Potter in forever.

Really love that management from Potter with Cucurella who went out and bossed Dortmund on the highest stage. No question he's doing the same thing with Mudryk right now. Potter eats up all of the press, the finger pointing and the criticism while working with his players behind the scenes, and for that when the time comes they'll run through walls for him.

Wes Fofana. Outstanding, generational talent.

Kalidou, what a monster. Back 3 libero role he's out of this world.

Enzo, showed Jude levels.

Kai, speechless. Big game player. As soon as he sortss out his finishing he's going to enter his prime Benz arc.

Kovacic, don.

Read on Twitter

Chels forever. We should have our spot stamped in the CL every single year. Teams like Arsenal, Spurs, United just don't have that juice under these lights.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#1843 » by HIF » Thu Mar 9, 2023 12:47 pm

:-)
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,661

Post#1844 » by Baphomet » Thu Mar 9, 2023 5:01 pm

This **** guy :lol:
stormi
General Manager

Post#1845 » by stormi » Thu Mar 9, 2023 7:41 pm

Baphomet wrote:This **** guy :lol:

LOOOOOL

charge it to the game my man
stormi
General Manager

Post#1846 » by stormi » Thu Mar 9, 2023 7:42 pm

#POTTERIN #TRUSTTHEPROCESS
stormi
General Manager

Post#1847 » by stormi » Thu Mar 9, 2023 7:52 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

By the way, I know the world has been dying to get my thoughts on this real world crisis.

I am firmly in the sell Mount camp. He's an overrated footballer that's gotten by statpadding shocking performances with goals and assists, but at his core essence he is not a good enough. Technically deficient between the lines, very low creative ability from open play, no real positional discipline to play as an 8 as he constantly vacates the midfield to run up the pitch and goal hang.

Anywhere in the 50-70 Ms range would go a long way to balancing the books and amortization.

It's a ridiculous assertion to even put his name alongside Salah or De Bruyne who had less than 800 minutes combined on Chelsea teams fighting for the league. They were unknown commodities sold by Mourinho who had already determined his soldiers. We have a 10,000 minute sample size of mediocrity with Mason Mount.

Replace him with Caqueret (my dream midfielder to pair with Enzo), Lavia or Mac Allister for a fraction of the cost and we're laughing.
SgtPepper
Junior
And1: 145

Post#1848 » by SgtPepper » Thu Mar 9, 2023 11:26 pm

Mount wants out of the dumpster fire anyways, and sounds like Pool wants to use him as a footballer rather than as mascot within a squad of 33 outfielders. I hope Chelsea convert on your dreamboat Felix just to see him compete with Lukaku and Havertz next season for <10 goals / year.
stormi
General Manager

Post#1849 » by stormi » Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:10 am

Another lamb fooled by Mason Mount. The irony is pointing to Chelsea's graveyard of cursed strikers but not tracking the virus back to it's source.

Lo & behold, Money Mase...

Read on Twitter
stormi
General Manager

Post#1850 » by stormi » Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:15 am

Read on Twitter

Vamos João, my star child
fbalmeida
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,894

Post#1851 » by fbalmeida » Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:54 am

Dropping a note of 4 degrees of separation, Felix is from my parents' hometown of Viseu. My sister, who is a kindergarten teacher, did her first school training at the very same school Felix attended, although he was in a different class at the time.

No doubt in my mind that he is the most skilled Portuguese footballer of his generation. João, Gonçalo Ramos, and Leão, are the future front 3 of the national squad. Now if only we can get the rest of the world to correctly pronounce the "ão" sound, and not make it sound like "Joe-ow".

"João" is actually our version of "John". The closest correct pronunciation would be something like: Jew-um (while trying to pronounce the "m" while keeping your lips open and rounded without closing them).

"The Raptors will be fine." - Masai Ujiri, March 26th, 2021
SgtPepper
Junior
And1: 145

Post#1852 » by SgtPepper » Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:43 pm

Before this season I said they only needed a good striker and that seems still the case after all this squad churn.

CFC fandom is particularly nuts though. How can the fanbase be so excited by a guy who scored once in 6 apps as some clear improvement over another guy who scores once in 2 months, and consider these 2 as measurably better than Lukaku, Werner, or Tammy? Out of all these Tammy was the best value for money and filled a homegrown slot.

But of course, talk about Mason Mount and brush over how your starting possession midfielder of 3+ seasons was sold at a discount to your local rival.
stormi
General Manager

Post#1853 » by stormi » Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:20 pm

"Fans" of the sport look towards Chelsea and see that Morata, Abraham, Werner, Lukaku (100M Great Britain Pounds) and Aubameyang all flopped to varying degrees and will still sit up & use their brain might to conclude that the solution is for Chelsea to spend big on another 'clinical strika'...

This isn't BT sports punditry, let's use some contextual analysis. Before we deserve to splurge on a #9, there are a few dire roadblocks that need to be sorted out.

'21/'22 (Tuchel) numbers: City and Liverpool were creating around 25% more xG in open play while also have a sizeable gap in terms of big chances created.

Keep in mind Chelsea were actually benefiting from the second highest xG overperformance in the league. How can we really compete? Any further improvement would logically have to come from the generation of higher quality at a greater frequency.

For that to happen, the immediate removal of one entity is direly critical. I provide to you, "A STRIKERS WORST NIGHTMARE", Mason Tony Mount.

Read on Twitter
stormi
General Manager

Post#1854 » by stormi » Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:34 pm

Next summer though - if he's still a free man... - get me Ivan Toney.

Absolutely no to this Victor Osikaku nonesense.
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,458

Post#1855 » by Baseline81 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:30 pm

https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/4894632/joao-felix-hints-chelsea-permanent-stay-depends-on-champions-league-qualification

That may be difficult considering Chelsea currently sits 10th (11 points behind 4th). Though the club has advanced in CL, it is far from being a favorite to win it.
stormi
General Manager

Post#1856 » by stormi » Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:42 pm

If João decides to go back to Atleti there are always alternatives. I'd look at Florian Wirtz or Rayan Cherki.

We've also sent scouts to track Szoboszlai so we're crossing the i's and dotting the t's regarding this summer business.

I think he loves it at Chelsea though, he's completely removed all traces of his home club from his social media and his most recent like is of CFC looking forward to negotiating for his perma stay this summer.

https://twitter.com/joaofelix70
stormi
General Manager

Post#1857 » by stormi » Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:45 pm

Read on Twitter

I love this player so much. Mountain of a man that's utterly composed on the ball, arially dominant and with a huge and diverse passing radius. Already with senior France caps under his belt at 21 years of age. 4 clean sheets in 6 starts since he's arrived. A huge one for the future, figuratively and literally.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#1858 » by HIF » Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:51 am

stormi wrote:
Read on Twitter

I love this player so much. Mountain of a man that's utterly composed on the ball, arially dominant and with a huge and diverse passing radius. Already with senior France caps under his belt at 21 years of age. 4 clean sheets in 6 starts since he's arrived. A huge one for the future, figuratively and literally.

This time next year you won't be saying that. He has great strengths but he has a couple of flaws that will be exposed in the Premier league.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
stormi
General Manager

Post#1859 » by stormi » Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:24 am

HIF wrote:
stormi wrote:
Read on Twitter

This time next year you won't be saying that. He has great strengths but he has a couple of flaws that will be exposed in the Premier league.

Nope, not standing for this Badiashile slander. My expectations for him were steady, but he's blown me away every single time he's walked out onto the pitch. The composure, the strength, the passing range, the arial presence. He's a phenom to have the CV he does so soon. He started 20 league games for Monaco at 17 and was a staple on a side that was consistently in Europe as a teenager.

I'm sure he has some things to iron out, but he's already prepared me for life after Thiago Silva and K2. I like the duo of him and Fofana as the yin & yang between aggressor and sweeper. Both can defend in space, play on the ball and are good in the air. It's exciting.
stormi
General Manager

Post#1860 » by stormi » Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:25 am

Read on Twitter

Return to The General Soccer Board