UEFA Nations league

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Re: UEFA Nations league 

Post#61 » by The_Brecht » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:34 pm

Would Klopp leave Liverpool for the national team if they offer him the job?
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
TorontoRapsFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,375

Post#62 » by TorontoRapsFan » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:52 pm

Foye wrote:
TorontoRapsFan wrote:So does Low and Bierhoff get fired now??? What else is left for them to do?

:lol: nice find
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,488

Post#63 » by Foye » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:00 pm

The_Brecht wrote:Would Klopp leave Liverpool for the national team if they offer him the job?

No no no no no.

He is supposed to return to the uncoachable Mainz squad before he can go on his retirement tour with the NT.
Foye

Post#64 » by Foye » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:10 pm

TorontoRapsFan wrote:
Foye wrote:
TorontoRapsFan wrote:So does Low and Bierhoff get fired now??? What else is left for them to do?

Realistically, speaking Germany doesn't have the best youth right now.

For players under 25, we are lacking world class players except for Kimmich, Gnabry, Werner, Havertz and Sane.
Especially, on the defensive side of the ball...we have a lot of freestyle defenders. Doesn't help, that the likes of Werner, Havertz and Sane are often not tracking back wholeheartedly either.
The midfield is part of the problem as well. Kroos and Gündogan are both bad defenders as well.
Then you have Kimmich injured.
TorontoRapsFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,375

Post#65 » by TorontoRapsFan » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:20 am

Foye wrote:
TorontoRapsFan wrote:
Foye wrote:

For players under 25, we are lacking world class players except for Kimmich, Gnabry, Werner, Havertz and Sane.
Especially, on the defensive side of the ball...we have a lot of freestyle defenders. Doesn't help, that the likes of Werner, Havertz and Sane are often not tracking back wholeheartedly either.
The midfield is part of the problem as well. Kroos and Gündogan are both bad defenders as well.

You know I get that sometimes it's a good idea to drop a better player for someone who makes the team play better as a whole but Low's decisions haven't even resulted in at least putting together a cohesive team. And he's been at it since the world cup now. This isn't so much about lack of talent. It's just a mess now out of his stubbornness to put together some all new/next gen players team. And even that he hasn't done right cause he's relied on some of the older players like Kroos and Reus who don't show up regularly either.
Foye

Post#66 » by Foye » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:35 pm

TorontoRapsFan wrote:
Foye wrote:
TorontoRapsFan wrote:

You know I get that sometimes it's a good idea to drop a better player for someone who makes the team play better as a whole but Low's decisions haven't even resulted in at least putting together a cohesive team. And he's been at it since the world cup now. This isn't so much about lack of talent. It's just a mess now out of his stubbornness to put together some all new/next gen players team. And even that he hasn't done right cause he's relied on some of the older players like Kroos and Reus who don't show up regularly either.

I agree. Kroos days as a world class player are behind him. Not dominant on offense and a liability on defense.
I am not a big fan of Gündogan either.

No reason to panic, though. It was just a friendly game. The type of game you coast through with the only goal being not to get injured.
Spain obviously had more to prove in this game. Guys like Torres and Olmo are looking to establish themselves as starters for the Spanish NT. Naturally, they will go 100% in such a game.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,661

Post#67 » by Baphomet » Sat Jun 4, 2022 6:18 pm

Southgate out
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,889

Post#68 » by stormi » Sun Jun 5, 2022 12:50 am

Frenkie De Jong is so ridiculously clear of Declan Rice or Jude Bellingham.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,179

Post#69 » by UcanUwill » Sun Jun 5, 2022 8:05 am

Baphomet wrote:Southgate out

wait, what? Why?
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer
And1: 859

Post#70 » by LDNMagic90 » Mon Jun 6, 2022 11:35 am

UcanUwill wrote:

wait, what? Why?

He's a God awful coach, this is England's best crop of talent in a while and he is mismanaging the team. This England have tons of attacking talent, yet he sets England up to not lose. While I know you can only beat what is in front of you, but England have had some of the easiest runs in major competitions yet he still hasn't done more?

I said before the Euros we should've binned Southgate and got Howe to coach because he would have us playing a lot better. Then they gave Southgate an extension. Baring in mind that Southgate has zero success at club level either.

I'll say this and it might seem extreme but until he leaves his position, England are not winning anything...
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,661

Post#71 » by Baphomet » Mon Jun 6, 2022 6:10 pm

LDNMagic90 wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:

wait, what? Why?

He's a God awful coach, this is England's best crop of talent in a while and he is mismanaging the team. This England have tons of attacking talent, yet he sets England up to not lose. While I know you can only beat what is in front of you, but England have had some of the easiest runs in major competitions yet he still hasn't done more?

I said before the Euros we should've binned Southgate and got Howe to coach because he would have us playing a lot better. Then they gave Southgate an extension. Baring in mind that Southgate has zero success at club level either.

I'll say this and it might seem extreme but until he leaves his position, England are not winning anything...

Basically this. We set up with 5 at the back against a Hungary team that isn't exactly prolific in front of goal, with 3 right backs. All of his substitutions were negative. His solution was literally to bring on a defensive midfielder Kalvin Phillips when we were losing. There's no semblance of midfield shape, zero creativity for the forwards. Plays Mount out of position as a left winger when we have Foden and Sterling who are both excellent there. Repeatedly terrible substitutions and game management, which sorely cost England in the Euro 2022 final, such as bringing a cold Rashford (at right back :lol:) and Sancho on to take penalties.

While there' s a long list of boneheaded things England and the FA have done in the past in terms of managerial and tactical decisions, Southgate might be the player/manager most synonymous with England's failure in the past after Euro 96 and now Euro 2020.
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#72 » by LDNMagic90 » Mon Jun 6, 2022 6:41 pm

Baphomet wrote:
LDNMagic90 wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:
wait, what? Why?

Basically this. We set up with 5 at the back against a Hungary team that isn't exactly prolific in front of goal, with 3 right backs. All of his substitutions were negative. His solution was literally to bring on a defensive midfielder Kalvin Phillips when we were losing. There's no semblance of midfield shape, zero creativity for the forwards. Plays Mount out of position as a left winger when we have Foden and Sterling who are both excellent there. Repeatedly terrible substitutions and game management, which sorely cost England in the Euro 2022 final, such as bringing a cold Rashford (at right back :lol:) and Sancho on to take penalties.

While there' s a long list of boneheaded things England and the FA have done in the past in terms of managerial and tactical decisions, Southgate might be the player/manager most synonymous with England's failure in the past after Euro 96 and now Euro 2020.

Exactly! He’ll be lucky to get a job in the championship after his stint with England.

Also don’t forget he has his favourites despite their form. Maguire has been awful for most of the season but still gets in over Mings due to Maguire being his favourite. Despite Mings having a good record with England. Also when he said Grealish can’t play due to him playing in the championship(called up Kalvin Phillips when Leeds were in the championship), then he said Grealish needs to move to a top 6 club(basically pimping him) and then the other day despite playing in his worst season said that Grealish is now perfect for England?!

He’s completely clueless I cannot wait to see the back of him.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#73 » by HIF » Tue Jun 7, 2022 7:53 am

LDNMagic90 wrote:
Baphomet wrote:
LDNMagic90 wrote:

Exactly! He’ll be lucky to get a job in the championship after his stint with England.

Also don’t forget he has his favourites despite their form. Maguire has been awful for most of the season but still gets in over Mings due to Maguire being his favourite. Despite Mings having a good record with England. Also when he said Grealish can’t play due to him playing in the championship(called up Kalvin Phillips when Leeds were in the championship), then he said Grealish needs to move to a top 6 club(basically pimping him) and then the other day despite playing in his worst season said that Grealish is now perfect for England?!

He doesn't even put England's best and most in-form creative midfielder in the squad and says it's because the present group have gelled so well. :lol:

Deserves every loss he gets and more.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#74 » by LDNMagic90 » Tue Jun 7, 2022 4:23 pm

HIF wrote:
LDNMagic90 wrote:
Baphomet wrote:

He doesn't even put England's best and most in-form creative midfielder in the squad and says it's because the present group have gelled so well. :lol:

Deserves every loss he gets and more.

:lol: :lol: Honestly he is an embarassing manager, I think England should go for Potter as the next manager but no doubt he'll probably want to stay in club football.

I still can't believe Harvey Barnes can't get a look in either??
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#75 » by LDNMagic90 » Tue Jun 7, 2022 5:52 pm

Read on Twitter

I actually can't deal with Southgate... 4 recognised attacking players and the rest are defensive players?! I get that England are playing Germany, but he literally does the same against Hungary and teams like San Marino.
Foye

UEFA Nations league 

Post#76 » by Foye » Tue Jun 7, 2022 7:32 pm

It won‘t be long until Musiala is the best German player.

Heck, I could argue he already is.

I think people don’t understand what a talent he is. Much better than anyone around him on the German squad
HIF
RealGM

Post#77 » by HIF » Tue Jun 7, 2022 7:56 pm

It's funny how he told Vardy he wouldn't get any game time and then has gone to a defensive hit on the break team with a donkey playing the 9 role.

HIF
RealGM

Post#78 » by HIF » Tue Jun 7, 2022 7:57 pm

Foye wrote:It won‘t be long until Musiala is the best German player.

Heck, I could argue he already is.

I think people don’t understand what a talent he is. Much better than anyone around him on the German squad

Surely you have better attackers than Havertz?

LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#79 » by LDNMagic90 » Tue Jun 7, 2022 8:01 pm

How does Tomori not get in this team lol Southgate only watches the top 6 sides and it shows
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#80 » by LDNMagic90 » Tue Jun 7, 2022 8:14 pm

Poor Tyrick Mitchell, probably Englands best LB (form wise anyway) and he couldn’t even get a look in. I hope he picks whatever country his parents are originally from.

Return to The General Soccer Board