Official Leicester City FC Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Re: Official Leicester City FC Thread 

Post#621 » by HIF » Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:55 pm

Baseline81 wrote:I'm curious, HIF, do you feel the players have tuned out Rodgers?

It's something that a lot of fans are saying but No, I don't.

We've been plagued by injuries to everyone and especially important players and senior players and the entire defence, on top of that we've played a lot of matches with our Europa games and league cup progression. To make things worse 3 of the 4 players we signed in the summer have been incredible flops. Vestergaard Can't get in the team even though we have no CBs, Bertrand has been totally useless and his injury is simply a blessing in that we can't play him even if we wanted to. Soumaré looks like a Rolls Royce but needs half an hour to realise what is going on around him. Only Daka has shown his worth, though physically he's not up to playing 2 games a week as he's being asked to do now.

In Defence we've had fofana out all season, Evans out most of the season, Ricardo out most of the season, JJ has just returned after 11 months out and Castagne has missed more than half of the season (and still out). This is on top of defensive leaders Wes Morgan and Christian Fuchs retiring in the summer. We've had a different RB almost every other match, including Marc Albrighton and Dan Amartey, we've got a 20 year old playing at LB who has been great but he's still learning without any leader at the back to help him. and of course we have Soyuncu who has gone from prem team of the year to a headless panicker, he's now been dropped in preference to two CMs, he needs a wise head next to him and he's lost all confidence.

We actually have great midfielders, however Maddison started the season out of form and now he's firing on all cylinders Youri Tielemans has disappeared completely. Soumaré was played a lot but really underwhelmed though thankfully he's now benched in favour of academy product KDH who is playing really well and will develop into a very good player.

Our attack has been really efficient Vardy was unbelievable until he got injured (and continued to play) he's now been out for weeks and won't be back for weeks - what a difference he would've made last night against that very high Liverpool back line. Daka is performing well but still learning about the prem and looked tired last night. Nacho is performing well but really needs to be in a 2 attacker team, he doesn't have the speed for the way Brendan wants us to play. Perez played a lot at the beginning of the season, thankfully he's been benched for a while. Barnes is a terrifying attacker still coming back from a long lay-off and Lookman looks better and better each week.

I think they believe in Brendan but they are too injured, too inconsistent and too inexperienced. We need a couple of wise heads in the team and we need a consistent lineup for a few games. In fact I think they believe in Brendan more than we fans do. He's made some poor buys, he insists on 3 atb when all it does is invite attack after attack and he makes some bad substitutions. Having said that he won the FA cup with this team. we've never done that before. Of course a loss to Randers next week and even his Massive contract may not save him from the chop. The season is a failure but we're still a top half team who should be challenging for Europa league again next season.

Good enough answer or not? :(
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,649

Post#622 » by danfantastk32 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:21 pm

I like Rodgers...hope he survives. Coaches always take the blame. Fans just can't seem to accept injuries.
HIF
RealGM

Post#623 » by HIF » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:05 am

Football can be cruel

Leicester 2 West Ham 2

Leicester came into the game with confidence at an all time low and it looked that way as they slipped behind early to a well taken goal from Bowen and then nervously passed the ball backwards. The fickle fans started booing and things looked desperate but Leicester's fighting spirit emerged, Tielemans refound his effort, KDH was everywhere and Harvey Barnes terrorised the West Ham defence. And Leicester came back into the match. they equalised with another world class penalty from Youri Tielemans and then took the lead as Barnes killed the left side of the Hammers defence yet again and then put in a clever cross which Ricardo headed home magnificently. The second half was mostly Leicester attack after attack without finding the third. Injury time arrived an inexplicably Brendan took Tielemans off and replaced him with Vestergaard. Corner for Hammers and the equaliser. It was clearly a goal scored with the upper arm but such is the luck for Leicester this season, VAR changed nothing. 2-2 was unfair and injust but the spirit and skill shown by the team left me happy with the performance even though the young reactionary Leicester fans are complaining as usual.

Kasper 5 - didn't stop the first goal and should have come out for the corner in the second, ranted for far too long at Dan Amartey for not playing on when Antonio was injured and nearly messed up coming out of his box a couple of times.
JJ 4 - badly positioned for the first goal, injured early and replaced
Amartey 6.5 played well
Cags 7 returned to the team and played his best game for ages, took control of situations and was vociferous.
Ricardo 7.5 - attacked well, fantastic effort for the goal.
N'didi 6 - Okay but not at his best at the moment
KDH 8 - The revelation of the season for us. He worked so hard and made intelligent passes using the dangerous Harvey Barnes well.
Tielemans 8 - back to the old Youri, working hard to get back in defence, using his intelligence and what a perfect penalty again.
Maddison 6 - overshadowed by others but still worked hard.
Barnes 8.5 - absolutely terrorised Coufal eventually getting him replaced, only bad luck/lack of confidence prevented him scoring at least once but he continually beat his man/men and put in a great cross for the second goal.
Daka 5.5 - 2 games a week are too much for him, he works hard but needs rest. Nacho should start against Randers.

Thomas 8 - came on as sub for JJ and had a fantastic game both defensively and on attack
Lookman 5 - thought he'd exploit the hammers coming on as sub but in reality he broke our rhythm.
Vestergaard 1 - terrible sub, terrible player

HIF
RealGM

Post#624 » by HIF » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:21 pm

Europe

Leicester 4 Randers 1

What back line was that? Vestergaard back in alongside soyuncu (who limped off injured) amartey played RB and Albrigthon over to left back. Thankfully Randers were not that good. KDH was awesome again.

Kasper 5 not good for the goal, otherwise not too much to do.
Amartey 6 playing RB this match
Cags 7.5 another good performance
Vestergaard 6.5 good performance (for him)
Albrighton 6 mistake for their goal but made some great passes and good going forward. when did he last play as a LB?
N'Didi 6.5 okay and a goal
Tielemans 7 a little invisible in the first half but some sublime play in the second
KDH 9 incredible throughout and scored
Lookman 6 Scored and assisted and was dangerous but poor control, he should've had 4
Barnes 7 always dangerous and a goal
Daka 5 scored but he wasn't on form again tonight.

Iheanacho 7 looked good
Perez 5 what's the point?
Maddison 6 only on a few minutes when he fell down without being touched, walked off but worrying
Choudhury 5.5 only a few minutes on
Soumaré 5 Why?

Hopefully that'll be enough for the away leg.

HIF
RealGM

Post#625 » by HIF » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:07 am

Wolves 2 Leicester 1

Not that anyone is interested. Another game another loss but another good performance where we deserved a win. It's a tough year, Vardy, Fofana, Evans, Justin and Castagne all out and then Barnes added just before the match. We showed a lot of good game we had 17 shots and 7 on target whilst Wolves just had the 3. People are talking about Wolves for 4th but I can't see it. They were outplayed and lucky to get 1 let alone 3 points.

Kasper 4 , only had the 3 shots all day and they were from outside the box. He let two in.
Ricardo 7, it was great to see him putting everything into getting forward and back. And he's extended his contract.
Amartey 6, didn't do anything wrong
Cags 6, made a couple of mistakes but also a couple of lovely plays and some nice long passes
Thomas 6.5, maturing before our eyes, could be an outside dark horse for the England squad.
N'Didi 5, just hasn't been on form this calendar year.
Tielemans 5.5 1 excpetional pass but gave the ball away a lot and his shooting wasn't on target.
KDH 7 was everywhere and linked well down the left with Thomas and Lookman
Lookman 7.5, started nervously but grew into the game to be the best on the pitch
Albrighton 6.5, worked hard and got some good crosses in but his set pieces were poor.
Daka 4.5, found it hard to get into the game, not sure of where he should be.

Maddison 4 got 3 good chances in his 10 minutes and fluffed them all
Iheanacho 5 did more than Daka but nothing exceptional.

Second leg of Conf and then a weekend off which'll see us slump into the bottom half quagmire. Truly believe we'll go on a good unbeaten run now though.

Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,661

Post#626 » by Baphomet » Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:04 am

HIF wrote:Wolves 2 Leicester 1

Not that anyone is interested. Another game another loss but another good performance where we deserved a win. It's a tough year, Vardy, Fofana, Evans, Justin and Castagne all out and then Barnes added just before the match. We showed a lot of good game we had 17 shots and 7 on target whilst Wolves just had the 3. People are talking about Wolves for 4th but I can't see it. They were outplayed and lucky to get 1 let alone 3 points.

Kasper 4 , only had the 3 shots all day and they were from outside the box. He let two in.
Ricardo 7, it was great to see him putting everything into getting forward and back. And he's extended his contract.
Amartey 6, didn't do anything wrong
Cags 6, made a couple of mistakes but also a couple of lovely plays and some nice long passes
Thomas 6.5, maturing before our eyes, could be an outside dark horse for the England squad.
N'Didi 5, just hasn't been on form this calendar year.
Tielemans 5.5 1 excpetional pass but gave the ball away a lot and his shooting wasn't on target.
KDH 7 was everywhere and linked well down the left with Thomas and Lookman
Lookman 7.5, started nervously but grew into the game to be the best on the pitch
Albrighton 6.5, worked hard and got some good crosses in but his set pieces were poor.
Daka 4.5, found it hard to get into the game, not sure of where he should be.

Maddison 4 got 3 good chances in his 10 minutes and fluffed them all
Iheanacho 5 did more than Daka but nothing exceptional.

Second leg of Conf and then a weekend off which'll see us slump into the bottom half quagmire. Truly believe we'll go on a good unbeaten run now though.

For what it's worth, I'm interested and read all of these posts.

I watched your game against Wolves and agree that they were very fortunate to win. Wolves have always been that kind of scrappy team that digs in for long periods but takes their chances, although to be fair they were much better than Spurs when they beat us a short while ago. They absolutely won't get top four, though. I have a feeling that United will **** house their way to that.

I've always liked Lookman as a prospect dating back to his Charlton days and he looks like a nice player, he works hard.

Think you can, and should, win the Conference League.
HIF
RealGM

Post#627 » by HIF » Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:20 am

Randers 1 (2) Leicester 3 (7) (Conf league knockout)

When you read the score you'll think that was easy and that Leicester are back but I can tell you that yesterday was one of our worst performances this season and we were flattered by 3 incredible finishes from Barnes and Maddison added to completely inept finishing from the Randers team. At half time it should have been Randers 6 Leicester 1 and they should have won the tie by enough to progress. Really disappointing by Leicester (and it was a strongish lineup).

Kasper 4.5 - one great save but totally at fault for the goal as he took his eye of the ball allowing the attacker to tap it in.
Albrighton 5 - RB this match, mostly anonymous
Amartey 5 - mostly anonymous
Vestergaard 4.5 - Why?
Thomas 6 - he's going to be a special LWB
N'didi 5 - underperforming
Tielemans 5 - maybe even less, really out of sorts lately.
Maddison 7.5 - because he scored a peach of a free kick and then a beauty of a goal but his overall game wasn't that good
Lookman 7 - worked hard
Barnes 6.5 - pure skill but too quiet.
Iheanacho 4.5 - hardly noticed he was on the pitch

Soumaré 3 - looks worse every time I see him.
Perez 3 - why bother bringing him on?
Choudhury 6 - worked hard as RB sub, deserves replacing N'Didi to give him a rest.

Disappointing but a last 16 place awaits - will it be Roma? I think it'll be Copenhagen.

HIF
RealGM

Post#628 » by HIF » Wed Mar 2, 2022 2:07 pm

Burnley 0 Leicester 2

Leicester came to Burnley with the clarets an inform team having taken 7 points from Spurs, Brighton and Palace in their last 3 games and Leicester out of form not having won a league match in 2022. Leicester played well and threatened throughout the first half with Nick Pope making 3 world class saves and Kasper not needing to make a save but the score stayed at 0-0. Leicester were forced to substitute Ricardo at HT with a hamstring strain but kept pushing as Pope kept making saves and Burnley defenders kept throwing their bodies in front of the ball. It all seemed set up for Burnley to score with a header from a set piece in the dying minutes but that was without realising that the greatest Leicester outfield player ever was sitting on the bench ready to return after 9 weeks out through injury. Jamie Vardy and James Maddison were subbed on in the 72nd minute and in the 82nd minute Jamie Vardy used his football intelligence to spring the offside trap, control the ball and pass it to Maddison who curled a beauty out of Pope's reach. City were ahead (but we all knew that the team scoring first in the last 3 fixtures lost the match), in the 90th minute KDH passed the ball to Barnes who terrorised Burnley down the left all evening. Barnes then popped in a beautiful cross that Vardy met perfectly to slot away and win the game. Are Leicester back? Looks like it, but as importantly Vardy is back. The season is saved.

Kasper 4.5 had little to do and kept a clean sheet
Ricardo 7 looked great in the first half, full of energy but subbed at HT because of hamstring problems.
Amartey 7.5 A very good display from the Ghanaian
Cags 6.5 getting back to some decent form even if he did make a few wayward passes
Thomas 7 Beaten once by Lennon but otherwise another good performance and links so well with KDH and Barnes down the left.
N'didi 5.5 was fine but well below his usual standard, going through a rough time at the moment
Tielemans 6 read comments on N'Didi
KDH 8 This man is everywhere and doing everything. Nobody will talk about him and England but he'd be a good replacement for Phillips.
Albrighton 7 he plays everywhere and he puts his all in, started at RW played second half at RB. Was beaten a few times but he gives his all
Barnes 8.5 He is a demon. Nick Pope and the Burnley defence were great to stop him scoring at least a couple. Great cross for Vards goal.
Daka 4 needs a rest, and will probably get it now.

Lookman 5 I thought he'd have a field day but was very quiet.
Maddison 8 peach of a goal and lovely footwork in his 20 minutes.
Vardy 10 Superhero.

Leeds and the new manager at the weekend. Will the new manager bounce be in effect?

HIF
RealGM

Post#629 » by HIF » Sat Mar 5, 2022 7:37 pm

Leicester 1 Leeds 0

Bielsa was sacked and Jesse Marsch took over for his first game. New manager bounce? Maybe but Leeds have been a decent team throughout the last few years. They have energy and skill and intelligence. And maybe they deserved this game too. Leicester had another makeshift backline with Hamza Choudhury now playing RB. Maddison was also out injured. Leicester defended well but made too many loose passes, it fell to a piece of class from Harvey Barnes to seal the points and Leicester second consecutive clean sheet.

Kasper 7.5 good game from the captain, a few important saves and well helped by the defence.
Choudhury 6 Had to play RB as the injuries hit again and he did it well.
Amartey 7 He's not a natural CB and he's not class but the man plays with his heart and full on effort, good blocks.
Cags 8 Lost focus a couple of times but managed to survive and otherwise played a great defensive effort
Thomas 7 He's doing great for a young lad filling in.
N'Didi 6 an up and down performance but more ups than downs.
Tielemans 5 going through a rough patch, looking unfit, giving a way the ball but also has class moments and puts in an effort.
KDH 7.5 All over the place, wonderful player.
Barnes 7.5 Kills another team
Albrighton 7 effort, everywhere.
Vardy 7 He's great

Lookman 6
Iheanacho 7.5 got the assist
Mendy 7 first match all season. Great brain, great composure, small legs.

HIF
RealGM

Post#630 » by HIF » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:08 am

Europe last 16
Leicester 2 Rennes 0

Coming into this game I was worried . Rennes have been great this year, 4th in ligue 1, second top scorers and a balanced team throughout. Leicester had found a little form with Vardy returning but the Leicester luck continues as Vardy hurt his knee in the Leeds game and is out for 4 weeks. With Ricardo out too the good news was the return of Justin and Fofana's first match of the season - which was to be foiled as he then caught covid and couldn't play. tbh I expected a loss. The first 20 minutes backed that up with Rennes playing some beautiful passing football and leaving us for dead. but that changed. Leicester pressed harder and started to exert control, the Barnes, who had started badly stepped up a gear and began killing Rennes RB captain. On one such run he got to the byeline and pulled the ball back for Marc Albrighton to smash unstoppably into the net. As I've said many times Marc may not be the most talented but he works so hard and sets a great example, yesterday he was outstanding and the motm. In the second half Rennes again got a little control and threatened but our defence is no longer in panic mode and handled the threats well. JJ who had a wonderful first half was taken off at 60 minutes meaning Hamza once again had to play out of position at RB, which weakened us a little but we fought hard regained control and finished with a bautiful working goal down to pressure and skill. Marc getting the assist for Nacho. 2-0 may just be enough for us to make it to the last 8. I can see us scoring in France meaning that rennes would need at least 3.

Well played Leicester. Our best all round performance against a good side for some time.

Kasper 7 - not needed much but did what was needed and made a good save with his feet
JJ 8 - a wonderful 60 minutes and has to excite Leicester fans for the rest of the season.
Amartey 8.5 - handled everything at the back. one of the many surprises this season.
Cags 7 - another steady performance.
Thomas 7 - young lad who has shone through the adversity this season.
N'didi 8 - his best match for some time
Tielemans 8 - controlled the match after the first 20 minutes.
KDH 8 - he's everywhere, doing everything. Player of the season?
Barnes 8 - he started terribly and then terrified the Rennes defence.
Albrighton 9 - motm goal, assist and ncredible work rate.
Daka 6.5 - put good pressure on the defence without getting any chances

Choudhury 6 - did well in an unfamiliar position
Iheanacho 7.5 - the goal was a beauty
Maddison 7.5 - looked class when he came on
Lookman 7.5 - important for the goal and made himself available well.

HIF
RealGM

Post#631 » by HIF » Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:24 am

Arsenal 2 Leicester 0

I've been following Leicester for a long time, so I never really had any hope that we would beat Arsenal. I think in the 50 years I've been watching we've only done it once away from home. When I saw the team changes it was pretty clear that Brendan was resting players for the European match too as this saw N'didi, Tielemans, Justin and Daka all dropped for the game and Mendy starting his first game all season.

First 15 minutes Leicester were terrible and allowed Arsenal to score a simple header from a corner. to think that I'd waited all weekend for this! However for the remaining 30 minutes of the first half Leicester took control and were easily the better side, I actually had hope we'd get something from the match. second half Arsenal came out and regained control. The ref missed a handball and then VAR took over 3 minutes to decide that Arsenal should have a penalty. It was handball, but 3 minutes is too long - clearly not obvious enough to be overruled, Arsenal scored from the penalty and Leicester never really looked in the game after that. The last 20 minutes the team looked very tired and Arsenal were able to pass the ball around - how different it is NOT to have to play 2 matches every week. Will Arsenal be able to handle it when they get back into Europe next season?

Result was fair but VAR is being used differently between different teams and refs and it still favours the BIG 6. It is a sad state of affairs.

Kasper 6
Ricardo 6
Amartey 6.5
Cags 5.5
Thomas 5
Mendy 6
KDH 6
Maddison 5.5
Barnes 7
Albrighton 5
Iheanacho 4

N'didi 5.5
Daka 5.5
Justin 6

Back to Europe and a massive away fixture on Thursday.

HIF
RealGM

Post#632 » by HIF » Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:53 am

Rennes 2 Leicester 1

We were always going to need to score in France to get through to the last 8 in Europe, but thanks to our second goal at home in the first leg I always thought that 1 goal would be enough. Thankfully it was. Leicester made 4 changes including the return of Wes Fofana for his first match this season to add talent to a CB corps badly in need of help. Rennes are a beautiful, football playing team deservedly in a position to play Champion's league next season and their crowd was loud, very loud. The atmosphere was one of intimidation and uplifting for the French team. Leicester didn't look overawed but within 8 minutes Rennes had scored a scrappy goal and it was game on. The first half was a joy to watch. Rennes had a lot of the ball and played some wonderful one touch football but other than for the goal didn't really threaten Kasper. Leicester hit on the break and really should have scored a couple. The only bad news in the 1st half was albrighton going off injured early but good to see Brendan bringing Lookman on in an attacking move. Leicester started the second half on the front foot and the sub delivered a good corner which Wes Fofana met and buried for his first ever Leicester City goal. 2 goal lead restored and thinks looked good. However on the hour N'Didi went down injured and had to be replaced. Again Rodgers was positive, Madders on for him but not having your defensive cover and knowing that Wes wouldn't be able to last the whole match brought a little worry. On 75 minutes Rennes scored again and then Fofana was replaced by Vestergaard. The Leicester fans feared the worst. Rennes battered on the door but other than one great save from Kasper they held out to hear that 6 minutes (which turned into 8) were to be added. It's the Leicester way. Shouts for handball and a penalty went up a couple of times from the French and off the ball skirmishes appeared all over the park. In the end it didn't matter. The French cried and the Foxes reigned victoriously. Into the last 8 with the draw later today. The first ever British team to make the last 8 of this European competition. Glory awaits.

Kasper 7 not a lot to do and some poor kicking but one save at an important moment gives him the 7.
Justin 7 a couple of defensive lapses but overal great and wonderful going forward
Amartey 7 got his head to a lot and is proving one of the pleasant surprises of the year
Fofana 9 first game back, giant in defence and scores the untimate winner
Thomas 7 the young Syston lad just keeps holding Europe's best at bay.
N'Didi 7 good cover but the injury is a major concern for the end of our season
KDH 7 started slowly then started to take control.
Tielemans 7 put in some great effort and at times controlled the match
Barnes 7 could have got a goal, always a worry to the Rennes defence
Albrighton 4 injured early, a concern for the team
Iheanacho 7 should have scored but held the ball up so well at times

Lookman 7 came on early and was subbed off but played well in between
Vestergaard 6.5 made a couple of blocks
Maddison 6.5 got involved
Ricardo 6 did what was needed

Would prefer not to get Roma nor Slavia but will take whoever it is with a smile.

HIF
RealGM

Post#633 » by HIF » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:15 pm

Leicester 2 Brentford 1

Leicester saw the return of Timmy Castagne to the squad and Jonny Evans to the bench while Wes Fofana was rested following his first game. Leicester fans also found out that Marc Albrighton is injured and that Wilf N'Didi will be out for the rest of the season. It really hasn't been a good year for injuries. The first half Leicester dominated and looked about the best they've looked all season. Tim Castagne scored an unbelievable goal and then Maddison scored a beauty of a free kick. The second half saw Jonny Evans get on the pitch and Brentford play much better scoring a goal in the 85th minute. Good win for Leicester but realistically 9th is the highest Leicester can get by the end of the season.

Kasper 7 made a couple of decent saves and a couple of poor kicks.
Justin 7.5 dynamic on the right and dynamic on the left.
Amartey 7 Played wonderfully at CB but had problems when moved to RB, first touch is still heavy there.
Soyuncu 7.5 Getting back to his best
Mendy 7 Standing in for N'Didi he had a great game but he is such a different player.
Tielemans 7 great first half
KDH 7 industrious as ever.
Maddison 7.5 What a goal.
Barnes 7 electric but should have scored a couple
Iheanacho 7 maybe not the cutting edge but he really holds the ball and links well

Evans 6.5 he's a leader
Soumaré 5 he's a lot to learn
Daka 5.5 late replacement

HIF
RealGM

Post#634 » by HIF » Thu Apr 7, 2022 2:05 pm

Man United 1 Leicester 1

I've waited several days so that the emotion is taken out of this post. Quite simply we were cheated by the Refs/VAR out of the 3 points and this is the normal big 6 bias that exists on a weekly basis. McTominay should have been sent off for a dangerous foul - exactly the same as Perez for us earlier in the season (except there VAR ruled it should be a red after he was given a yellow) - and then a wonderful maddison goal was ruled out for a foul in the build up which took time and freeze frames for VAR to decide it should be overruled. It was a ridiculous decision and cost us the deserved 3 points and our first league double over Manchester in a long, long time. The first half we were unadventurous and boring, Manchester were terrible and there for the taking. we took them in the second half, Nacho scoring in the 63rd minute but then we allowed Fred to equalise within 3 minutes. I've rarely seen such a poor Manchester team and I can't see them getting into the CL, they'll be lucky to hold onto Europa if they play like they did against us many times. Leicester got their first team back 4 in the match for the first time since last year's FA cup and were only missing Vardy and N'didi (which are pretty massive misses still)

Kasper 6.5
Justin 7
Evans 7.5 (if he'd have stayed on we'd have won)
Fofana 7.5
Castagne 8
Mendy 8 (great display for a player not even making the squad before Christmas)
Tielemans 7
KDH 7
Maddison 7.5
Barnes 6.5 (missed so many chances)
Nacho 6.5

Amartey 6

European QF tonight.

HIF
RealGM

Post#635 » by HIF » Fri Apr 8, 2022 6:54 am

Leicester 0 PSV 0

Who would have thought that 2 teams known for their attacking and not their defending would have a 0-0 scoreline? Leicester dominated the first half and looked really good and dangerous but just didn't have the killer instinct near the goal. Second half was more balanced with neither team having many chances. I ended the match feeling disappointed, we really should have had a lead on the balance of play and now go to Eindhoven needing to win to qualify for the semis. It's unlikely but when have Leicester ever done things the easy way? Defence was so much better with Fofana and Evans ad Castagne back, KDH was my motm again. Barnes and Nacho should have put chances away. No Vardy, No N'Didi, No Mendy and 3 others out ill/injured.

Kasper 6.5 nice save at the start and then nothing to do
Ricardo 6 great going forward but he really isn't a defender (JJ is better option)
Fofana 8 Wonderful to see him back
Evans 8.5 The general
Castagne 8 we've missed him so much (possibly our best player overall this season)
KDH 8.5 Ball winning, hard working, intelligent ...
Tielemans 7
Maddison 7.5
Albrighton 6.5
Barnes 6 so many chances not put away,
Nacho 7 wasteful in front of goal but holds the ball up so well

JJ 6
Lookman 7 got stuck in
Daka 5.5

Will be a tough away leg and probably means we have to rest players against Palace.

HIF
RealGM

Post#636 » by HIF » Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:13 am

Leicester 2 Palace 1

I was pretty sure that Leicester would lose this. This 0-0 draw with PSV last Thursday meant that we'd make a lot of changes in the extreme hope of being able to beat PSV away on Thursday, on top of that Palace are playing their best football of the season coming off the back of a 3-0 win against big 6 opposition. Leicester made 7 changes (including all of the back line) and of course still had Vardy and N'didi (along with Perez, Soumaré) out however the team came out firing on all cylinders. The first half was truly helter skelter with both teams tearing around the park harassing the opposition. However Leicester did it better thanks to the exquisite Dewsbury Hall. He set up Lookman for the first and scored a cracking second. The second half was much more balanced and as Leicester tired Palace pulled one back from the spot, with a retaken kick saved twice but scored on the rebound. Thankfully with 2 such unfashionable teams VAR didn't make any controversial appearances and Leicester saw out the match to pick up 3 points and move a little ahead of the chasing mid-table pack.

Kasper 7
JJ 6.5
Amartey 6
Cags 6.5
Thomas 6
Mendy 7
KDH 9
Tielemans 6.5
Maddison 6.5
Lookman 8
Daka 5.5

Barnes 6
Nacho 6

Now for the difficult make or break match away at PSV

stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,889

Post#637 » by stormi » Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:15 am

finished club
HIF
RealGM

Post#638 » by HIF » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:00 am

stormi wrote:finished club

I'm chelsea won a game so that you could return to the forum. :D

HIF
RealGM

Post#639 » by HIF » Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:54 pm

:-)

HIF
RealGM

Post#640 » by HIF » Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:14 am

PSV Eindhoven 1 Leicester 2

Rodgers brought the defence back into the team and put out a strong lineup missing only Vardy, N'Didi and JJ as far as starters go. Leicester dominated play in the first half but had no cutting edge to put away the chances they made. Eindhoven showed little other than the magnificent Gotze but in the 27 minute a terrible pass by Tielemans set up a chance which Kasper amazingly let in and Leicester were losing away from home needing a win. They kept attacking and at half time Brendan took off Albrighton and Barnes for Daka and lookman. Leicester looked even more dangerous but were missing the deadly finishing that Vardy brings or Nacho sometimes has. In a desperate throw of the dice Brendan took off Nacho and brought Perez on and the game changed. Perez has been an unmitigated disaster for Leicester in the seasons he has been here but in this QF he changed the game with clever, tricky, skilful play and determination. Maddison scored in the 77th minute and from then on the result was not in doubt. Ricardo scored the winner in the 88th minute and Leicester were on their way to their first ever European semi-final. Roma awaits.

Kasper 6
Ricardo 7.5
Fofana 9
Evans 8
Castagne 7
Tielemans 5.5
KDH 8.5
Maddison 8
Albrighton 5.5
Barnes 6.5
Nacho 7

Lookman 8